• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stop using personal issues to defend the John Cena character

Wwes familly friendly direction with john cena as the face is the reason wwe no longer have their seedy violent reputation and they have a whole new generation of fans as parents feel its safe to let their children watch now.he does actually sound like a genuinly good guy but im betting the majority of his charity work and support the troops stuff is wwes doing. it maintains both wwes good reputation and cenas goody goody image hence why we are constantly reminded about his good deeds on raw and such also obviosly why they wont risk turning him heel or even making any major changes.on a side note i think thats another reason people dislike him people who do charity work tend to get admiration but someone who does charity work and constantly makes sure everyone knows about it usually just comes across as a dick.

Also i think when it comes to discussing wrestlers their personal issues can be relevant in some cases.take hhh for example a common moan about him is that he only did as well as he did coz he married steff.now whether thats true or not i dont know but its certainly plausable enough to be brought up when talking about him as a wrestler.

Make-a-wish should be kept seperate from a judgment of his wrestling character. It's irrelevant to his performance. Commendable, but irrelevant. Somebody like Damien Sandow does a lot of charity work but people don't judge his wrestling character by it so why is charity work considered an extension and a part of Cena's character but isn't for others? People act like Make-a-Wish is the only charity out there but other WWE guys have helped multiple other organizations in their spare time.

Cena can cut excellent promos when he lays off the comedy, he can have excellent matches but the problem is that Cena simply hasn't had any development in his persona for years. He's had no arc, no third act, and regardless of how much talent somebody has it just isn't interesting to see somebody do the same thing for so long. He's a Purity Sue character.

its like how bono doing all of his charity makes up for his shitty music. While its nice that he does all of that, and im happy that its happening, his music still sucks and I want nothing to do with it.

its like how bono doing all of his charity makes up for his shitty music. While its nice that he does all of that, and im happy that its happening, his music still sucks and I want nothing to do with it.

The problem with that is that while you may not appreciate Bono's music (or Cena's wrestling) the industry criticism and the overall understanding by fans is that Bono's music IS pretty great, and Cena's wrestling is the very best there is today. Even SCSA on the podcast (if you took the time to listen) talks about Cena being the best talent today.

I find myself having to remark on the pros of John Cena's existence because a lot of his haters choose to just run over every aspect of his presence with a rusty lawnmower fueled by pure hatred. I think I hate John Cena more than any other human being alive, but I'm not so blinded by my hatred that I won't give the devil his due every now and then.

It really does irritate me when people defend his status as a pro-wrestler by noting how he does such wonderful things, therefore blindly using aspects of his existence that have nothing to do with his abilities in the ring as a series of useless scapegoats for his obvious failures as a performer.

I'm in the military, no need for applause. It really does irritate me when people go overboard with their appreciation for me. "Thank you for your service" is unnecessary, but appreciated. For all they know I might work a desk job and only ever carry an M4 for a cheap photo-op, either way they're just being courteous and I should encourage that. John Cena playing a Marine in a movie is alright, good for him. John Cena doing a shit excuse for a salute and pandering to the military for cheap appeal insults my intelligence, fuck him for thinking that I only bought a ticket to be thanked.

It's kind of like being mistakenly locked in an insane asylum, and all the inmates think they're on the outside of the walls. Arguing with a John Cena fan about the potential positive merits of a pro-wrestler is like arguing with a stalker about the potential positive merits of privacy. I've honestly never debated an intelligent John Cena fan. I've had a few close calls, but they inevitably fall back on the logic of "John Cena is great, because it's a popular idea to think so". You want to talk drowning in denial, you'll find no better example than a John Cena mark. You don't get an actual argument to any valid points you've made, you just get evidence of the fact that John Cena fans think wishing your points weren't there is a valid argument.

If John Cena sharted on Lillian Garcia, John Cena fans would credit John with putting her over out of the goodness of his heart. If John Cena loses to anyone, no matter what the circumstances, all the petty bullshit he pulls to discredit their accomplishment goes over their head.

John Cena became popular because a bunch of caucasian shit stains living in the suburbs thought that he was convincing enough as a battle rapper. John Cena is a fucking battle rapper to his fans, fans who obviously have no fucking clue of what good battle rap even sounds like. He's not a wrestler, he's not an actor, he's a mother fucking battle rapper. If I want to see good battle rap, I'll attend Scribble Jam. If I want to see a good pro-wrestling match of interesting spots that haven't been played out fifty fucking times that week, I'm staying way the Hell away from anything John Cena's involved in.

Honestly. A collections of worthless fucks who couldn't tell the difference between John Cena and Eminem, the latter actually being talented in his chosen craft is a dead giveaway, started flocking to his performances. We have people raising Hell on this forum over Emma's dancing, like anything can possibly look stupid after John Cena would "pump up" his sneakers during a mother fucking wrestling match.

I grew up in a multi-racial neighborhood, I don't say "yo-yo-yo" and brush my shoulder to impress anyone. John Cena is a mother fucking wigger, and the worst fucking kind. He chose to express his wigger antics when being a wigger impressed a whole generation of stupid mother fucking white people who wanted to be black. If you have to dress like a worthless fuck named John Cena dressed back then to impress yourself, then you're at least a petty racist and at worst a full blown embarrassment to human race. Here's an example for those of you who think John Cena was a good rapper.

This is Justice from Australia battling TheSaurus from the US (west coast) at the Scribble Jam 2005 semi-final:

[YOUTUBE]F1tA6oJuFzA[/YOUTUBE]

And here's John Cena battling Rikishi:

[YOUTUBE]Uap_Vwxy610[/YOUTUBE]

It pisses me off that something like a piss poor perspective on entertaining battle rap is what shot Cena to the big time. It pisses me off even more that Cena's joke of a gimmick where he was a "human cyborg" was what got promoters thinking "Oh my God, why have we not hired this guy?" He was a fucking waste since day one, and he's NEVER contributed anything positive to the world of pro-wrestling unless you want to use his charity work as a reference.

If you're over the age of eight and you mark out for John Cena, then you are a motherfucking moron.

I find myself having to remark on the pros of John Cena's existence because a lot of his haters choose to just run over every aspect of his presence with a rusty lawnmower fueled by pure hatred. I think I hate John Cena more than any other human being alive, but I'm not so blinded by my hatred that I won't give the devil his due every now and then.

It really does irritate me when people defend his status as a pro-wrestler by noting how he does such wonderful things, therefore blindly using aspects of his existence that have nothing to do with his abilities in the ring as a series of useless scapegoats for his obvious failures as a performer.

I'm in the military, no need for applause. It really does irritate me when people go overboard with their appreciation for me. "Thank you for your service" is unnecessary, but appreciated. For all they know I might work a desk job and only ever carry an M4 for a cheap photo-op, either way they're just being courteous and I should encourage that. John Cena playing a Marine in a movie is alright, good for him. John Cena doing a shit excuse for a salute and pandering to the military for cheap appeal insults my intelligence, fuck him for thinking that I only bought a ticket to be thanked.

It's kind of like being mistakenly locked in an insane asylum, and all the inmates think they're on the outside of the walls. Arguing with a John Cena fan about the potential positive merits of a pro-wrestler is like arguing with a stalker about the potential positive merits of privacy. I've honestly never debated an intelligent John Cena fan. I've had a few close calls, but they inevitably fall back on the logic of "John Cena is great, because it's a popular idea to think so". You want to talk drowning in denial, you'll find no better example than a John Cena mark. You don't get an actual argument to any valid points you've made, you just get evidence of the fact that John Cena fans think wishing your points weren't there is a valid argument.

If John Cena sharted on Lillian Garcia, John Cena fans would credit John with putting her over out of the goodness of his heart. If John Cena loses to anyone, no matter what the circumstances, all the petty bullshit he pulls to discredit their accomplishment goes over their head.

John Cena became popular because a bunch of caucasian shit stains living in the suburbs thought that he was convincing enough as a battle rapper. John Cena is a fucking battle rapper to his fans, fans who obviously have no fucking clue of what good battle rap even sounds like. He's not a wrestler, he's not an actor, he's a mother fucking battle rapper. If I want to see good battle rap, I'll attend Scribble Jam. If I want to see a good pro-wrestling match of interesting spots that haven't been played out fifty fucking times that week, I'm staying way the Hell away from anything John Cena's involved in.

Honestly. A collections of worthless fucks who couldn't tell the difference between John Cena and Eminem, the latter actually being talented in his chosen craft is a dead giveaway, started flocking to his performances. We have people raising Hell on this forum over Emma's dancing, like anything can possibly look stupid after John Cena would "pump up" his sneakers during a mother fucking wrestling match.

I grew up in a multi-racial neighborhood, I don't say "yo-yo-yo" and brush my shoulder to impress anyone. John Cena is a mother fucking wigger, and the worst fucking kind. He chose to express his wigger antics when being a wigger impressed a whole generation of stupid mother fucking white people who wanted to be black. If you have to dress like a worthless fuck named John Cena dressed back then to impress yourself, then you're at least a petty racist and at worst a full blown embarrassment to human race. Here's an example for those of you who think John Cena was a good rapper.

This is Justice from Australia battling TheSaurus from the US (west coast) at the Scribble Jam 2005 semi-final:

[YOUTUBE]F1tA6oJuFzA[/YOUTUBE]

And here's John Cena battling Rikishi:

[YOUTUBE]Uap_Vwxy610[/YOUTUBE]

It pisses me off that something like a piss poor perspective on entertaining battle rap is what shot Cena to the big time. It pisses me off even more that Cena's joke of a gimmick where he was a "human cyborg" was what got promoters thinking "Oh my God, why have we not hired this guy?" He was a fucking waste since day one, and he's NEVER contributed anything positive to the world of pro-wrestling unless you want to use his charity work as a reference.

If you're over the age of eight and you mark out for John Cena, then you are a motherfucking moron.

dumbest post of 2014. You said you hate when people glorify him for what he does outside the ring but than you go on a rant bashing him because of....um actually I have no clue what the hell you were talking about. You pretty much just said that you dont like Cena because he got big for acting black which imo sounds kinda racist. I don't like Cena either but this post was ignorant and dumb as fuck.

Every time I see a debate about Cena's abilities his fans always go to his charity work, support of the military and his schedule to defend him but they are personal issues and when I debate Cena's ability I am talking about the character not the person. John Cena is a character on an entertainment program, he is just like Stewie Griffin, Bart Simpson etc he is a character and we should only judge him based on what he does on TV and that's what people who dislike Cena do they talk about his character but his fans always bring the personal issues into the debate about character. When you review any other entertainment program when you have an opinion on a character you dont talk about the charity work of an actor to justify why someone should like the character, your opinion is based on what he does on TV.

On a personal level does John Cena seem like a good guy, yes of course the guy who has done the most work for a charity like Make A Wish seems like a good guy but the fact is the character is stale and boring. Whenever you debate Cena if you have to bring up the stuff he does in his private life you are just clutching at straws for positive things to say.

Conclusion - When you debate the qualities of an entertainer/wrestler only use what he/she does on TV to justify your opinion not what he does in his/her private time.

This statement right here tells me you are one of the bandwagon wwe fans...you hate Cena just cause it's the cool thing to do....you cheer CM punk cause it's the cool thing to do...you don't come up with your own opinions you just go with "popular" opinions.

Why would Cena need to change anything? He is the single solitary face of the company and he has a distinct look and personality....just because your "bored" with it doesent mean the rest of the world is....you can go watch your flavor of the weeks and get behind them and others can continue to support john Cena.

One thing that I always found interesting is that The Rock is more over than Cena, and was surely more over in his prime than Cena, but they didn't constantly show Rock granting wishes, and helping charities. I don't even recall them ever mentioning Dwayne Johnson back in the days. He got over from his character alone. That's how wrestlers used to do it in the past. They were able to get over without social media accounts, and their personal lives being displayed on TV.

One thing that I always found interesting is that The Rock is more over than Cena, and was surely more over in his prime than Cena, but they didn't constantly show Rock granting wishes, and helping charities. I don't even recall them ever mentioning Dwayne Johnson back in the days. He got over from his character alone. That's how wrestlers used to do it in the past. They were able to get over without social media accounts, and their personal lives being displayed on TV.

They did show Rock granting wish's and such but it was Useually in a video package with all WWE superstars doing make a wish.

It's no secret that Cena has personally put a lot of focus on his charity work....I don't think that's WWE telling him to do that I think he organizes it himself.

This statement right here tells me you are one of the bandwagon wwe fans...you hate Cena just cause it's the cool thing to do....you cheer CM punk cause it's the cool thing to do...you don't come up with your own opinions you just go with "popular" opinions.

Why would Cena need to change anything? He is the single solitary face of the company and he has a distinct look and personality....just because your "bored" with it doesent mean the rest of the world is....you can go watch your flavor of the weeks and get behind them and others can continue to support john Cena.

I am not a bandwagon fan, I am a fan of what entertains me and your right I hate Cena and cheer Punk but not because cool its because Punk is very talented at all aspects of pro wrestling and has earned my cheers while Cena has terrible pro wrestling skills and is the #1 guy and him doing nothing in the ring or on the mic to earn his spot is why I boo him.

If you follow my posts you will generally see that I give praise to talented wrestlers who have not been over utilised and I hate overpushed no talent guys like Cena. John Cena's character is incredibly stale and the vast majority of wrestling fans over 18 agree and that's why he is booed in every arena he goes to and the only positive cheers he gets are ones WWE pipe in over the arenas sound system.

Also I will make another point. Granting 400 wishes for Make-A-Wish is a great accomplishment that I respect but it still should not make you the top guy of a talent based business. Michael Jordan is not one of the best Basketballers ever because of his charity work it is because of his talent.

I am not a bandwagon fan, I am a fan of what entertains me and your right I hate Cena and cheer Punk but not because cool its because Punk is very talented at all aspects of pro wrestling and has earned my cheers while Cena has terrible pro wrestling skills and is the #1 guy and him doing nothing in the ring or on the mic to earn his spot is why I boo him.

If you follow my posts you will generally see that I give praise to talented wrestlers who have not been over utilised and I hate overpushed no talent guys like Cena. John Cena's character is incredibly stale and the vast majority of wrestling fans over 18 agree and that's why he is booed in every arena he goes to and the only positive cheers he gets are ones WWE pipe in over the arenas sound system.

Also I will make another point. Granting 400 wishes for Make-A-Wish is a great accomplishment that I respect but it still should not make you the top guy of a talent based business. Michael Jordan is not one of the best Basketballers ever because of his charity work it is because of his talent.

Punk is the Allen Iverson of the WWE, Cena is the Jordan. That's if we're giving NBA comparisons to current talent. Punk runs his mouth alot, but generally can't back it up, and isn't nearly as talented as you smarks or he thinks. Cena just has the talent and the ethic that is unmatched by anyone on the roster. Stop trolling.

Dude everything you just said is exactly what a bandwagon WWE fan would say to the T.

CM Punk is very overrated and only put on good matchs when he had good opponents....he's not on a level like Cena who can put on a good match with anybody...compare cenas matchs with Ryback up against CM punks matchs with Ryback....you can't tell me CM punk put on the better match.

So Punk makes your dick hard and Cena doesn't. That's fine we all find different things enjoyable. Personally, I have enjoyed a lot of the work by both of the guys. I don't see that much difference in their abilities to feel that much stronger from one guy to the next. They've both cut their shares of enjoyable promos and both had some good to great matches. I probably enjoy Punk more of the time but not that much more that I see such a significant distinction between the two.

Just be sure you make a thread against posters using the following comments to support or detract from a wrestler:

- Backstage politicking
- Being related to someone
- Being straight edge
- Being vegan
- Not owning a TV
- Having a college education
- Having indie experience
- Having an Olympic gold medal
- Place of birth
- Arrest record
- Height and weight
- A nice ass

Prove any of this. Because at least the posters who credit Cena for his charity work are doing it based on fact. How do you know where his entrance noise is coming from? Do you follow every live event?

Side note: I once had an Indiana casino dealer tell me that Jordan won $100,000 in a night and didn't tip the dealers.

Your opinion on talent is not the same as WWE's. WWE has hooked their wagon based on their opinion. I'm sorry for your suffering. Keep booing him, because it's really helping.

The Cena character is more stale than Vince's cologne... but it continues to not only make money, but draw TV ratings and sell merch. That is the ONLY reason they don't change it. They have had a "golden goose" a few times now and killed it by tweaking here, heel turn there etc and it ruined it too much.

How much did Austin lose by suddenly siding with Vince? Most of the credibility he had built up and then the Two-Man Powertrip also did the same thing until, when he finally "took his ball", people could see him as a two faced guy as he had portrayed himself that way.

With Bret, sure Bret felt Vince heeled him on purpose to destroy him, but from a business standpoint it was crazy to do that. Take your top guy worldwide and heel him for the sake of it... it was crazy to heel Diesel after one bad Mania.

Some guys have the kind of character where it works once, like Savage... once he had gone heel on Hogan he got away with that one more turn before he lost his credibility in the NWO. Some like Jericho can come back each time either/or and it works, cos we don't see him as often as we see Cena...

IF they ever turn John Cena it can't be until they have something SO good that it's going to make them more money than he already does... there will never be another NWO type deal so scrub that notion. Basically as with Bret someone has to get SO over like Austin did that Bret became dispensible... Someone has to make Cena dispensible as the top face... sure he could then be the top heel but till they can get that and sadly Bryan isn't it...then Cena stays exactly as he is cos it's best for business, and Make-A-Wish and kids and Cena himself.

John Cena is one of the most boring wrestlers ever.

I totally agree with the OP.

Cena uses sick children and pretty much everyone he can to become popular.

How sick and disturbing.

Also, let's stop pretending as if Cena the person was a saint, he's a guy who uses backstage politics to bury wrestlers and ruin their career / lives.

Yeah because it's impossible for Cena to be you know, a decent human being or something. It's impossible for him to help kids out of the goodness of his heart. And as far as buried wrestlers go are you serious? Like who? CM Punk? Oh no, wait Cena didn't bury him. Daniel Bryan, oh wait Cena didn't do that either. Edge? Nope, Orton? Ahhh, no. Honestly, can't think of the people that Cena has buried. Maybe he's too busy putting people over for me to notice that.

Yeah because it's impossible for Cena to be you know, a decent human being or something. It's impossible for him to help kids out of the goodness of his heart. And as far as buried wrestlers go are you serious? Like who? CM Punk? Oh no, wait Cena didn't bury him. Daniel Bryan, oh wait Cena didn't do that either. Edge? Nope, Orton? Ahhh, no. Honestly, can't think of the people that Cena has buried. Maybe he's too busy putting people over for me to notice that.

There is not one person Cena has buried ever...people claim he buried Alex Riley which is a load of shit seeing as Alex Riley buried himself....Cena tried to help the guy out and he didn't take his advise and he ended up on the house show circuit loseing to divas and santino...good job now he's a shitty announcer who looks like a incest carbon clone of the Miz....that dude had every oppurtunity in the world to make it...hell he was the first person to get physical with the rock during his 2011 return and he got a solid 2 minutes in the ring with Steve Austin when he was promoting tough enough...Cena is not to blame for that idiot loseing his spot.

John Cena has said and then shown that he's willing to mix it up with anyone to get them over. He just expects them to have the dedication that he has. To work as hard as he will work. Listen to his podcast interview from last week with Steve Austin. If you aren't a Cena fan before it, you will be one after.

Every time I see a debate about Cena's abilities his fans always go to his charity work, support of the military and his schedule to defend him but they are personal issues and when I debate Cena's ability I am talking about the character not the person. John Cena is a character on an entertainment program, he is just like Stewie Griffin, Bart Simpson etc he is a character and we should only judge him based on what he does on TV and that's what people who dislike Cena do they talk about his character but his fans always bring the personal issues into the debate about character. When you review any other entertainment program when you have an opinion on a character you dont talk about the charity work of an actor to justify why someone should like the character, your opinion is based on what he does on TV.

On a personal level does John Cena seem like a good guy, yes of course the guy who has done the most work for a charity like Make A Wish seems like a good guy but the fact is the character is stale and boring. Whenever you debate Cena if you have to bring up the stuff he does in his private life you are just clutching at straws for positive things to say.

Conclusion - When you debate the qualities of an entertainer/wrestler only use what he/she does on TV to justify your opinion not what he does in his/her private time.

Okay, I will defend Cena, regarding his work only.

Like it or not, the guy gets a reaction. End of story. People may say he has two moves, is geeky and has no edge to him. But, whenever he is in the ring, people sit up and take notice.

The No. 1 thing in wrestling is fan reaction. Look at Daniel Bryan. The fans say that Bryan should headline Wrestlemania because he gets a reaction. Then, you have to say the same about Cena.

Cena gets "Let's go, Cena" "Cena sucks" chants. When Cena is in the ring, everyone is cheering or booing him. They are not going off to the toilet or getting a drink. People want to make noise to Cena.

Guess what, this gets Vince's notice. Vince wants his main events to get a reaction. Put Cena in a match with the Great Khali or Mark Henry, and even if the match is bog-ugly, people are still reacting to Cena. There isn't dead silence, as some people's matches get.

This is why Vickie Guerrero gets so much screen time. She yells "Excuse me" and people react. Cena gets a reaction that most in the WWE would die for.

Also, Cena's work ethic. Cena does whatever the WWE ask him to. He doesn't walk out when he doesn't get his own way. He doesn't go off and do other projects, and then shows up. He doesn't bad-mouth people backstage. Cena is first to arrive, last to leave. He promotes WWE on talk shows in his spare time. Companies look after model employees. Cena is for WWE, so why wouldn't WWE be for him then?

Look, it's the call of the typical Bryan Mark.

Like it or not, the reality is that Daniel Bryan wouldn't and couldn't be where he is without the Cena rub. John Cena is the most reliable and the best talent on the WWE roster today.

first off a cena dick rider callig me a typical bryan mark? really cute just because i stated the fact that bryan has beem over wayyyy before your wet dream supercena doesnt make me a typical bryan mark. keep on believing your own bullshit kid i can slap you in the face with my left hand but you will be trying to convince me that it was my right hand your going to keep on believing your own bs and thats fine i just hope you realize how much of a dumbfuck you are saying bullshit like that

first off a cena dick rider callig me a typical bryan mark? really cute just because i stated the fact that bryan has beem over wayyyy before your wet dream supercena doesnt make me a typical bryan mark. keep on believing your own bullshit kid i can slap you in the face with my left hand but you will be trying to convince me that it was my right hand your going to keep on believing your own bs and thats fine i just hope you realize how much of a dumbfuck you are saying bullshit like that

don't sink to their level. Cena fans always feel the need to personally attack anyone who does not like Cena because they know they only have his charity work to defend him so they go on the offense against anyone who disagrees with them. Whereas Cena haters just state facts such as Stale, Small Moveset, Cant Sell, Overpushed and one of the worst wrestlers on the roster. I have never needed to personally attack a Cena fan as I know the facts back up my opinion

don't sink to their level. Cena fans always feel the need to personally attack anyone who does not like Cena because they know they only have his charity work to defend him so they go on the offense against anyone who disagrees with them. Whereas Cena haters just state facts such as Stale, Small Moveset, Cant Sell, Overpushed and one of the worst wrestlers on the roster. I have never needed to personally attack a Cena fan as I know the facts back up my opinion

Who went to a personal level? I don't know anything about you except that you refuse actual facts and data. You refuse the opinions of colleagues, and veterans and HoF members. You live in a fantasy world in which John Cena isn't the best in the world, when the rest of us live in the world where he IS the best in the world.

Getting mad because someone disagrees with you doesn't constitute attacks or going on a personal level. It's ok that you don't understand pro wrestling, it's not for everyone.

No one defends Cena's character using his outside-of-wrestling appearances but rather uses them to show why creative are cautious about altering his character.
Kids want to meet Cena because of his character. They believe that he is the same person in reality as he is on TV. By all accounts, he is a nice guy.
If Cena turned heel, kids would imagine that he was like that in real life. He'd lose his Make A Wish engagements and therefore lose a large chunk of mainstream exposure for WWE. They have no one who could take his place at the moment, so don't anticipate any radical changes to his current character.
As a neutral on Cena, meaning I neither like nor dislike him, I realise that creative won't change his character due to the adverse effects he'd have on their mainstream exposure.

No one defends Cena's character using his outside-of-wrestling appearances but rather uses them to show why creative are cautious about altering his character.

A fair point, tbh I havent followed every message but to get on the original track it was wether or not he's entertaining. And I cant claim to have read every post saying that but all ive seen and ive seen alot they use it to as if it should make him entertaining.

Cena's highly talented just not so much as a pro wrestler. He can put on a some what ok match using his abilities but will often rely on his opponents to do the bulk of the work. Mic skills are pretty good but his character drags him down considerably.

What he can do is appeal and appeal better then anyone atm. For some reason his fans eat up his work like theirs no tomorrow and buy all his crap and pay to see him because their minds are soft and easily mesmerized. You could say he's only popular because he's in so many mainevents but that didn't work for del rio.

He's a money maker, thats his talent

What he can do is appeal and appeal better then anyone atm. For some reason his fans eat up his work like theirs no tomorrow and buy all his crap and pay to see him because their minds are soft and easily mesmerized. You could say he's only popular because he's in so many mainevents but that didn't work for del rio.

He's a money maker, thats his talent

'...because their minds are soft and easily mesmerized.'

The clarion call of the Hipster, ladies and gentlemen. Doesn't matter what the topic is. When in doubt, insult the 'casuals'. Not that it's untrue in this case, just saying.

It's been said before that Cena's biggest demographic happen to be children and the like. It's not really a coincidence; I imagine if you punched the numbers, that children's demographic consistantly out-punches EVERY. OTHER. GROUP. in terms of merchandise sales.

One expects children to have soft and easily mesmerizable minds. They're developing. They see things in black and white, even those who live under screwed up situations. They have to pick up learning on the fly as they grow up, and when they get to teenage years, their 'egos' start to come to the forefront even though they are still developing, which in turn leads to a lot of 'Hipster'-like opinions if not full-fledged Goth Lifestyles. By the time you get to adulthood, you're NOTHING like you were as a child.

To children who see in black and white, a wholesome superhero type who appeals to the base elements of drama and kiddie humor works just fine for them. And if they can cajole their parents into buying the merchandise, and they can as a group out-do the rest, then what's WWE gonna do?

In a nutshell, this is how we got to here with Cena, end of story.

Look, it's the call of the typical Bryan Mark.

Like it or not, the reality is that Daniel Bryan wouldn't and couldn't be where he is without the Cena rub. John Cena is the most reliable and the best talent on the WWE roster today.

John Cena isnt even in the top 30 on the roster today. Daniel Bryan would be exactly where he is with or without John Cena.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back