Welcome GXE Holy Hidden Dragon

it isn't crying. I'm stating that certain individuals have to follow rules while others run freely. Discrepancies in the rules.
Nobody runs freely here. In fact, nobody runs at all. Most of us just sit and type.

Like I said, I guess the flaming rule is in affect towards certain individuals, not the whole entire forum.
I wasn't aware you were privy to the moderating that we do, and could see who gets what infractions.

so, calling an individual a child molestor isn't a bannable offense, yet, calling someone who isn't even a member of these boards an accident is? Discrepancies in these rules.
It's all in the tone, Brian, all in the tone.

so wait, the rules are only aimed towards certain individuals? Then why have the rules at all? Apparently a certain mod felt the need for an infraction, but lemme guess, that was revoked too?
Who is this "certain" person? You keep mentioning him, but I don't see him in the leader link.

so other peoples flaming gets a free pass, mine results in a week banning :headscratch:
Sounds like you ought not flame then.

Why do people need to cross the line anyway?
TNA! TNA! TNA!

Then think about the future.

jack-napier-and-bob-the-goon.png

HEY ECKHART! THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE!!

I wasn't aware you were privy to the moderating that we do, and could see who gets what infractions.
No, but it is very easy to see who got banned and all.

It's all in the tone, Brian, all in the tone.
So, calling someone a child "molester" is all fine an dandy?
Who is this "certain" person? You keep mentioning him, but I don't see him in the leader link.
Earlier in this thread shocky said HHD had a lot of infractions and warnings for flaming, nothing happened, except for the fact he's in here. He crossed the "line" several times, and someone already admitted to that. I did it was, and got "canned" for a week. Makes no sense to me.
Sounds like you ought not flame then.
you know a little bit about flaming infractions anyway. don't you?

No, but it is very easy to see who got banned and all.
I know you aren't a mod, but I would think you would understand that we have more moderating tools at our disposal than just bannings.

So, calling someone a child "molester" is all fine an dandy?
Calling someone's child an accident is? Quit worrying about others, and worry about yourself. Just because someone else may, or may not, have broken the rules, it doesn't change the fact that YOU broke the rules.

Earlier in this thread shocky said HHD had a lot of infractions and warnings for flaming, nothing happened, except for the fact he's in here.
Again, I ask you...are you wanting to be put in here? It seems as if you are upset you never got to be a prisoner. If that's the case, I'm sure our admins will oblige you.

The fact that he got infractions for flaming IS what happened. And now he's in here.

He crossed the "line" several times
TNA! TNA! TNA!

I did it was, and got "canned" for a week. Makes no sense to me.
If we were to moderate based on the things that make sense to you, nothing would ever get done around here.

you know a little bit about flaming infractions anyway. don't you?
Of course I do. How could I moderate if I didn't?

That doesn't make sense Brian.

Calling someone's child an accident is? Quit worrying about others, and worry about yourself. Just because someone else may, or may not, have broken the rules, it doesn't change the fact that YOU broke the rules.
So did they, but hardly anything happened to them. Which is my point, it is very easy to see the favoritism. I guess kissing ass is the only way to "run around freely"
Again, I ask you...are you wanting to be put in here?
Nope, just pissed the didnt get banned. A lot of warnings and infractions and they're still here. The one had his infraction revoked after calling someone a child "molester"

The fact that he got infractions for flaming IS what happened. And now he's in here.
yay, he has a list full of infractions and warnings and I have 1 to date, and I got canned. DISCREPANCY.
TNA! TNA! TNA!
:undertaker2:
If we were to moderate based on the things that make sense to you, nothing would ever get done around here.
:rolleyes:

Of course I do. How could I moderate if I didn't?

That doesn't make sense Brian.
Or the flaming of other members. It seems to me that those moderators do it on a daily basis. Well, a select few, anyways.

So did they, but hardly anything happened to them. Which is my point, it is very easy to see the favoritism. I guess kissing ass is the only way to "run around freely"
Again, you seem more concerned about other people, and not your self. Perhaps YOU should quit flaming people, and you won't have a problem.

The only reason you're complaining about favoritism is because YOU broke the rules.

Nope, just pissed the didnt get banned. A lot of warnings and infractions and they're still here. The one had his infraction revoked after calling someone a child "molester"
If they had 3 infraction points, they would get a weeks ban. He didn't have 3 infraction points, so he didn't get banned, and the things he was infracted for weren't as bad as what you said, in the eyes of the various moderators who did the moderating.

yay, he has a list full of infractions and warnings and I have 1 to date, and I got canned. DISCREPANCY.
Exactly. Obviously what you said was worse than what the other person said, in the eyes of the people who decided to do the moderating.

Or the flaming of other members. It seems to me that those moderators do it on a daily basis. Well, a select few, anyways.
Again, it's always about everyone else. Why don't you just worry about being concerned for yourself, and everything will take care of itself.

Brian,

How would someone else getting banned do ANYTHING to improve the quality of your e-life? From what I hear, you have no problem with any of these people. You just are throwing a fit because you got banned and they didn't. I think it's time that I pose a question:

WHO FRIGGIN CARES?

Well, I mean...obviously you do, but it really makes no sense whatsoever. Is them receiving bans going to do anything to help you post about wrestling or have fun in the bar room? No. It's not. What would help you to post about wrestling and having fun in the bar room...is posting about wrestling and having fun in the bar room. No system is perfect, and the mods do the best that we can to fairly moderate this place and help people enjoy the forums.

Now, as it is...I shall once again state:

THIS IS A SITUATION IN WHICH LIVES NEED TO BE GOTTEN

Thank you.

I love how the mods get all defensive when someone points out flaws in how they are doing their jobs:lmao:

In all honesty all posters SHOULD receive the same treatment

I love how the mods get all defensive when someone points out flaws in how they are doing their jobs:lmao:

As opposed to 'Yes, we were wrong, you're right, we're just Nazis'? And I agree it should apply to all equally, the problem lies with what people view as being flaming

As opposed to 'Yes, we were wrong, you're right, we're just Nazis'? And I agree it should apply to all equally, the problem lies with what people view as being flaming

The Nazi shit needs to stop, no one except a few dumb ass n00bs that fail to grasp the concept of how to read and follow the rules ever accuse the mods staff as being Nazis anymore

If you think it's flaming then then give them an infraction, if you think what they said is so bad to justify them being banned, then discuss it with the other staff members int he board room before banning the perpetrator, seems easy enough to me

Hmmm, it seems my welcome thread has been invaded by certain people who are arguing over the staff powers... Anyway please do keep on entertaining me, for I have run out of ideas to make prison threads.

I usually keep my mouth shut in these kind of situations, but Becker is good people. Sure, he made a mistake, but his questions are valid. And, I definitely think that, at the very least, his concerns should lead to more concrete rules.

And, Norcal, your attempts to own people by deeming them to be uncomprehending of the English language are getting old. I'm pretty sure posters here would call you out on it if they felt you moderated by reason rather than whim.

I usually keep my mouth shut in these kind of situations, but Becker is good people. Sure, he made a mistake, but his questions are valid. And, I definitely think that, at the very least, his concerns should lead to more concrete rules.

And, Norcal, your attempts to own people by deeming them to be uncomprehending of the English language are getting old. I'm pretty sure posters here would call you out on it if they felt you moderated by reason rather than whim.

:lmao: Awesome just fucking awesome, I would throw some Mother fucking rep your way if I could

Is it really that hard to understand the following:

Flaming is moderated at the mod's discretion. Norcal thought that Becker's was extreme enough to warrant a banning. No one felt TM's was extreme enough to warrant a banning. Now, what flaw does someone have in that?

Is it really that hard to understand the following:

Flaming is moderated at the mod's discretion. Norcal thought that Becker's was extreme enough to warrant a banning. No one felt TM's was extreme enough to warrant a banning. Now, what flaw does someone have in that?

:rolleyes: a pretty clear one actuelly

It was fine because he didn't specify WHICH kids he was meant to touch. If he had of done...deep trouble.

Not defensive at all.

Agreed. And I treat all posters equally. As I'm sure all the other mods here do as well.

The problem Becker is having is that he doesn't understand that there are several mods who have their own values. I was the one who infracted Hidden Dragon, and I didn't feel like any of them were worthy of a week ban. NorCal was the one who infracted Becker, and NorCal felt he did. NorCal, if I remember correctly, did NOT infract the poster who said something about touching kids.

Each mod has their own values, and since the Bar Room is moderated at each mod's discretion, then that's just the way it is.

What Becker is looking for is uniformity in the way things are moderated. But that's not going to happen, especially when it come to Bar Room threads, as each mod has their own opinions on what is bad, and to the level that is bad. However, I'm SURE, that if another poster were to call someone's children an accident, NorCal would ban that poster as well.

If you think it's flaming then then give them an infraction, if you think what they said is so bad to justify them being banned, then discuss it with the other staff members int he board room before banning the perpetrator, seems easy enough to me
And that's exactly what we have always done. NorCal asked in the Board Room if we thought Becker should be banned, no one argued, so it was done.

Problem solved, not that you were the problem anyways.

Hmmm, it seems my welcome thread has been invaded by certain people who are arguing over the staff powers.
It's more entertaining really.

So I have the right to say they touch people? Fan fucking tastic.
It depends upon which mod reads it.

Sucks eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back