WCW Region, Chicago Region, First Round: (9) Ted DiBiase vs. (24) Big Boss Man

Who Wins This Match?

• Ted DiBiase

• Big Boss Man

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
This is a first round match in the WCW Region, Chicago Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the All State Arena, Chicago, Illinois

url

url

#9. Ted DiBiase

Vs.

url

#24. Big Bossman

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Million dollar man wins this. Far better wrestler, much more entertaining in ring and on the mic. And one of the greatest of all time considering he never held the WWF title.

I like Ted here. He was a classic heel. He got over with his great gimmick. He could hold his own in the ring and on the mic. Even if he has to pay Bossman to lay down for the pin, DiBiasi will win.

Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase would out smart Big Boss Man, either by out wrestling him or paying someone to interfere in some capacity while the referee wasn't looking.

Am I really going to be the first man to say that Big Boss Man will be coming out on top of this? This is ECW people, this is right up in Big Boss Man's criteria of Heel work. He will cuff up Ted DiBiase, wail on with that Nightstick and then give him hard time for resisting arrest. Big Boss Man is going to win this match.

Didn't this match happen on multiple occasions? I'm 99% sure it happened on SNME at least. If you're looking at the two of them at their peaks, this would be DiBiase as for awhile he was the top heel in the company whereas Bossman was always in the mid/upper midcard. I'll go with DiBiase, but obviously not through fair means. What kind of an evil money having evildoer would he be without cheating?

Has to be Boss Man for the reason Pancake wrote earlier. Unless DiBiase can steal the handcuffs, or buy a key from the ref / Bossman himself, it's hard for me to see DiBiase taking this.

However, DiBiase does have Virgil on his side, which can only help in an ECW match. I'm split on this for now, and I may change my mind later, but I get the feeling that Bossman will beat DiBiase into submission. Although I reserve the right to edit my response before casting my vote.

Ted Dibiasie and I will give you some damn ridiculous logic that will convince you for 2 seconds...

Undertaker hung Boss Man. Ted Dibiasie brought the Undertaker to the WWF.

Nice isn't it?

Anyway, Ted Dibiasie is a bigger deal. Since this ECW, Dibiasie pays somebody off to run in and powerbomb Boss Man, I'm hoping Mike awesome. Remember people no rules means, Dibiasie is gonna have a field day with hired goons running in.

Why does everyone think that Boss Man is at an advantage in ECW? Anyone remember Virgil? Match becomes a two on one and Dibiase has bought himself another match in the tournament.

In a one-on-one match with Extreme Rules, I would go with Boss Man, but DiBiase has the money to pay as many wrestlers as he wants to interfere and help him out.

I could see Boss Man getting the early advantage and then the ECW heel locker room emptying and the army of goons helping DiBiase get the win, and he dishes out the money after the match.

It's not like ECW wrestlers got paid alot, I could imagine alot of them would be more than willing to help out The Million Dollar Man for a bit of cash to feed their families!

Winner: Ted DiBiase

Am I really going to be the first man to say that Big Boss Man will be coming out on top of this? This is ECW people, this is right up in Big Boss Man's criteria of Heel work. He will cuff up Ted DiBiase, wail on with that Nightstick and then give him hard time for resisting arrest. Big Boss Man is going to win this match.

Extreme Rules really doesn't help Bossman. In fact, it hurts him.

If we're going by each man in his prime, Bossman would be the babyface. Babyface Bossman was a meathead. DiBiase, on the other hand, is one of the smarter heels of all time. Oh, and he had Virgil. Virgil wouldn't be able to hurt Bossman, but he could provide a distraction, which is legal, and that's all the room DiBiase would need.

Oh, and does anyone remember WrestleMania IV? DiBiase worked his way into the finals. Sure, he lost to Savage, but Bossman ain't Randy Savage.

First round? This is all DiBiase.

Oh, and he had Virgil. Virgil wouldn't be able to hurt Bossman, but he could provide a distraction, which is legal, and that's all the room DiBiase would need.

Under ECW rules, why wouldn't Virgil be allowed to interfere? Weren't most of ECW matches pretty much no-DQ? ECW was extremely lax when it came to disqualifying wrestlers who broke the supposed rules, it seems to me that if chair shots, being put through 5 tables at the same time, never getting counted out for any reason etc would all be legal, then why wouldn't a little managerial interference? Hell, even in the WWF, Virgil did more than just distract, when it was blatantly against the rules. Even if it was DQ enabled match, if the ref gets bumped, what would stop Virgil from assaulting the Big Boss Man with anything he could find?

I think given the ECW environment, and it's loose set of rules, Virgil would be a much bigger factor in the match than you give him credit for. Wouldn't quite be the same as a 2-1 handicap match, but it wouldn't be a strict 1-1 match either. I totally agree Ted DiBiase would get the win, I just think you are undervaluing Virgil's potential role a little, given the environment the match would take place in...

Intresting match up but as the majority of people have stated In there primes I would give it to Dibiase he had the brains, charisma , money to pay off help when needed and most off all Virgil who in ecw rules could easily make it Teds match. Winner Ted Dibiase

Now that the brackets have been swapped, I withdraw my argument about Virgil being a help to DiBiase. Under WCW rules, this match is much closer than I think it would have been under ECW rules, as it was originally. However, I think Ted DiBiase would still get the win over the Big Boss Man. He was a main eventer, the top heel in the WWF, and the Boss Man was never more than a midcarder. DiBiase's resume makes the difference.

Now that its in WCW, DiBiase wins for sure. Big Boss Man just didn't have the technical ability to hang with The Million Dollar Man. Although Boss Man would put forth a valiant effort, the match will end with DiBiase stuffing a c-note down Boss Man's throat.

DiBiase by Million Dollar Dream. 17 minutes.

An overall easy victory for Ted DiBiase in my view. DiBiase was my favorite heel in wrestling during the late 80s and is arguably the best wrestler of the past 30 to 40 years to have never been a World Champion. DiBiase was never a great athlete but he was always very sound inside the ring and had some of the most memorable feuds & matches of the day.

BBM was a guy that never really rose up out of the lower mid-card range. He had a few matches against Hulk Hogan here and there but he was never someone that I looked at and saw as a main event threat. All in all, he never really did much. His biggest claims to fame were constantly getting beaten by Hulk Hogan.

This would be a typical match where BBM would use his size & strength to beat DiBiase around for a while before the wiley heel got past those advantages. DiBiase wins with the Million Dollar Dream about the 7 to 8 minute mark.

I'm going with the majority here. This one goes to Dibiase. Dibiase wasn't always a main event guy like a lot of people think but it was getting victories over guys like Bossman that gave him the credibility to main event when needed. Bossman has a temper and Dibiase is just the kind of guy to exploit that and get him to make a mistake. Dibiase outsmarts the Bossman and moves to the second round.

Now that its in WCW, DiBiase wins for sure. Big Boss Man just didn't have the technical ability to hang with The Million Dollar Man. Although Boss Man would put forth a valiant effort, the match will end with DiBiase stuffing a c-note down Boss Man's throat.

DiBiase by Million Dollar Dream. 17 minutes.

CoffeeSpit.jpg

17 minutes!!

Why on earth would this go for 17 minutes? 5-7 tops. Just the thought of seeing these two go at it for 17 minutes gives me the heeby-jeebies. Dibiasie cheats, low blows, slaps on the submission and takes this 5:34.

That's a much more fathomable guess.

17 minutes!!

Seeing these guys go in the 80s, they could easily have hit 17 minutes. Also, it would be a back and forth match, with Boss Man getting in some offense as well. DiBiase always sold very well, so having him in a pure squash wouldn't have been appropriate IMO. With rest holds and pandering the crowd, plus a few minutes of Boss Man getting in some moves and holds, I'll reevaluate and say 13 minutes.

The only moment of Bossman that everyone remembers was when The Undertaker hung him at Mania XV or perhaps when The Rock beat him in 4 seconds at the 98 survivor series. So this would clearly be a squash match less than 5 minutes easily

Reactions: IHW
Ugh, again my vote is completely skewed because of the promise of a hardcore match when the match itself was in the wrong seeding. Big Boss Man is tough, and he hits like a truck. Too bad he is facing one of the greatest in-ring technicians and one of the smartest wrestlers of the 20th century in Ted DiBaise. Where it is under WCW rules which stops Big Boss Man from using his nightstick and other Police weapons it falls completely one sided to Big Boss Man.

Ted Dibaise wins in a 50 minute squash match where Ted hires Andre the Giant to sit on Boss Man.

Seeing these guys go in the 80s, they could easily have hit 17 minutes. Also, it would be a back and forth match, with Boss Man getting in some offense as well. DiBiase always sold very well, so having him in a pure squash wouldn't have been appropriate IMO. With rest holds and pandering the crowd, plus a few minutes of Boss Man getting in some moves and holds, I'll reevaluate and say 13 minutes.

This is one of those 1st hour end matches on Nitro I would see. Nothing basic than a 5 minute affair. A match thrown just for the fuck of it. Bossman brings nothing to the table that a shrewd Dibiasie can't overcome with ease.

Just coz these two go back to the 80s doesn't mean we are gonna territory day wrestling in WCW.

As a heel, Bossman is the sort of person that would have been in the employ of DiBiase, so this match would have either never happened, or DiBiase would have won. As a face, Boss Man is the kind of guy that would get screwed over by DiBiase, who would find some way to cheat his way to victory here.

DiBiase's arguments are almost always very poor in these tournaments and his actual relevance is hugely overstated, but in all honesty, the glory years of their careers overlapped, and DiBiase was unquestionably the bigger star, higher up the card etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back