• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Victory Road Aftermath and Review Thread

Wow, there are really no words to explain this PPV. If the reports of Jeff Hardy being unable to perform are true, then TNA needs to cut him loose ASAP. Stunts like this are promotion-killers.
Promotion killers, as well as, if reports are true and Jeff Hardy truly was under the influence, he risked Sting's life being out there to perform wrestling moves on his opponent. We all know these moves can kill if performed wrong. Accidents happen even when wrestlers are sober: Droz, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, and hundreds of others can attest to that.

If Jeff Hardy truly was under the influence and stepped in the ring, he deserves to be immediately fired. When you enter that ring, your opponent expects that you will do all you can to keep him safe while entertaining the fans. Injuries do happen, but how can Sting truly expect that Jeff Hardy will keep him safe? If it is true, Sting made the right call in ending the match early and squashing Hardy.

And Jeff Hardy, if you were truly under the influence, get some f'n help!!

TNA PPV - Victory Road 2011, March 13th 2011
Impact Zone, Orlando

Wonder's Review:

1) Bully Ray vs Tommy Dreamer
I was kinda of suprised that this was the match that opened the show, because for the past few months , they always choose a fast paced match to get the fans pumped. Before the match, Ray changed the match to a no DQ, falls count anywhere match.

Decent match, not very bad, but nothing good as well, with low heat. They used a lot of weapons , as expected, and even a sex doll.
The end saw Devon's children distract Ray on the apron, and Devon coming for behind, to do the 3-D with Dreamer trough a table. Good finish, and i expect good things about this feud for Lockdown.

Rating: **

2) TNA Knockout Tag Team Championship - Sarita and Rosita vs Angelina Love and Winter(c)

Sarita did a promo before the match, saying in spanish, that they will the titles for Mexico. Okay, then.

Bad match, and no heat at all. The end was really odd, with winter got a roll up on Rosita, and Sarita comes in and reverted the roll up for her teammate advantage. This looked pretty bad because Winter is much more taller than Rosita and could easily kick out. Just completely forgettable.

Rating: 3/4 *

3) First Blood Match - Hernandez vs Matt Morgan

Fail at 2010, Fail at 2011. Another bad match, with no chemistry and the crowd just not caring for the match. This two just can't have a good match together, and the end just proved it. A false fan went to the ring, and when the referee was taking him out of the ring, Super Mex was to attack Morgan with the chain, but he countered and hit Hernandez with it. As he's going to pick him up, Hernandez throws some red paint to Morgan's chest. The ref comes in, and as he sees Matt's chest, calls for the bell, and Hernandez picks up the win. Stupid. :wtf:

Rating: *1/4

4) Ultimate X Match for the X Division Championship - Kazarian(c) vs Max Buck vs Jeremy Buck vs Robbie E

Of course, the best match of the night so far. Good match, not in the level of previous Ultimate X Matches, but still good. Kaz won, as expected, with good interactions from the Bucks. The end saw the two brothers taking themselves out of the match, and Robbie E bringing a ladder to get to the title, but Kaz takes him down from the top of the cable, to win the match.

Rating: ***1/4

5) TNA World Tag Team Championship - Beer Money, Inc.(c) vs Ink Inc.

Pretty standard face vs face tag team match here. The match had a good flow, and i enjoyed it. It was all face, until the end when Shannon wanted hit Roode with the Book and Chain, but Storm superkick Neal and then BM did the DWI on Moore. Post match, Neal shaked Beer Money's hands, but Moore spits them and goes away. Good heat, and the crowd turns on Moore after one move.

Rating: ***

6) AJ Styles vs Matt Hardy

Matt Hardy has improved a lot since his debut, really. Give credit where credit is due.
Another good match, to me the best of the night, with good heat, and good interaction from Flair, Aj and Hardy. Flair interfered constantly , until AJ hit him with the pele kick and hit one to Matt as well, and then the Spiral Tap, to finish the match. I was not expecting the Spiral Tap, to be honest. AJ applied a low blow to Flair on his way out. Nice touch.

Rating: *** 1/4

7)Number one Contender's match - Mr.Anderson vs RVD

And, then it happened. Okay, what the hell was this? The match was being good, until they went to the outside, to Anderson hits RVD with the Mic Check, and both couldn't get to the ring, and so a double count out. Really? You make people pay to see this match, to then finish it like that , just to tease a rematch on Impact when they could see it for free? Why should the fans buy the PPV then? :banghead:

Rating: **3/4

8)TNA World Heavyweight Championship - Jeff Hardy vs Sting(c)

This one is one for the ages. And i don't mean that on the good side. Hardy comes out, 20 seconds after his music starts playing , to an odd(not that odd) behaviour as he clearly not alright. Before the match starts, Bischoff comes out to make this a No DQ match, to give Hardy a fair advantage, like he didn't knew who his opponent was, two weeks ago. Sting hits Bischoff, and the match starts. Before you know it, Scorpion Death Drop, 1, 2, 3. It's all over. WHAT.THE.FUCK?!

Hardy went to a ppv stoned again, but this time went even worse. Due to his status, Sting clearly improvised, as looked clearly not happy at the end of the match. Tna, you just can't let a top superstar of your company compete in a main event while on drugs. You just can't. Sting goes to the back, while fans chant "Bullshit!", and Sting shouts " I Agree! I Agree!". Ridiculous.

Rating: DUD

Final Rating: TNA's Victory Road 2011 was a PPV that had a strong card but disappointed a lot. The best matches were from the best workers of the company: Kazarian, Styles and Beer Money. Simple. The beginning of the show was bad, improved in the middle of the show, to end horribly. Truly, horribly. So far, the worst ppv of 2011, with one of the worst ends to a PPV i've ever seen. I'm sorry to the poor fans that bought this show. Ironic, 10 years later... :shrug:

4/10 :disappointed:

TNA Victory Road 2011
March 13th, 2011
TNA Impact! Zone, Orlando, Florida
Attendance: ???

We continue down the "Road to Lockdown" tonight as the big matches booked include Sting defending his newly won TNA World Title against Jeff Hardy, a four-way Ultimate X match for the X-Division title, and a number one contendership match for the World title between Rob Van Dam and Mr. Anderson. Card looks lackluster on paper, so let's just jump right into it.

Your hosts are Mike Tenay and Taz

No DQ Falls Count Anywhere Match
Tommy Dreamer vs. Bully Ray

Ray and Devon have been feuding so this is just a way to continue that feud really without having them wrestle. Before the match Ray grabs a mic and thanks God for Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff, cutting an ironic promo about how Hogan and Bischoff have what it takes to bring a wrestling company to the top. Tommy dominates to start, slamming Ray on the guardrail. A fan lifts up his chair and Tommy slams his head into it and then grabs a huge stuffed animal from the movie Despicable Me that a fan has and hits Ray with it. BAH GAWD THE HUMANITY! They brawl into the crowd now and Tommy slams Ray into the Impact billboard, which I think is a legally required spot in any hardcore match in TNA history. Ray racks Dreamer crotch-first on the steel guadrail and they make their way back to ringside. Tommy throws an assortment of weapons into the ring, including a sa****se of all things. Kendo stick shot off the top from Tommy and he grabs an inflatable sex doll of all things. They do a bit of comedy with Ray getting splashed with the doll on top of him for the first pin attempt of the match. Dreamer hits the DDT but Ray kicks out again. Tommy brings a table into the ring and tries for a piledriver but Ray counters and smashes him with a trash can. "We want Devon" chant of all things starts up, for possibly the first and only time in documented history. Ray canes Tommy and sets the table up. He grabs a mic and starts taunting Tommy, beating him with the cane. Suddenly the Team 3D music hits and Devon's two sons come own the ramp while Devon sneaks up behind Ray and he and Tommy give him the 3D through the table, giving Dreamer the win at 10:45. For a hardcore match to kick off a show, this wasn't too bad. There was no rhyme or reason to any of it, sure, but this was certainly more entertaining than the match Devon and Ray had last month, and it served it's purpose to get the crowd fired up. **

Backstage Christy Hemme gets a few words with the Beautiful People and Winter about their KO tag title match next.

TNA Knockouts Tag Team Title Match
Angelina Love/Winter (C) vs. Sarita/Rosita

Before the match Sarita gets on the mic and talks some trash in Spanish, then promises that Mexico is taking back what's rightfully "theirs". Winter is wearing some kind of lace over her eyes, which just looks weird. Angelina and Rosita start us off with a side headlock. Angelina hits a few right hands and then Sarita tags in. Angelina gives her a snap suplex and just like that Sarita tags back out again. Winter tags in and the match instantly improves because of it. Backbreaker gets Winter a quick two. Sarita tags in and gets flap-jacked, and then Winter reverses a wristlock into a beautiful Northern Lights suplex. My god! A Knockouts match where they actually wrestle?! What a concept! Just as I write that though Angelina comes back in and gives Rosita a slam for two. Winter tags back in and misses a boot. Sarita comes back in and misses a dropkick and then Winter applies a tight wristlock, tagging Angelina back in. Sarita and Angelina start fighting outside and Rosita tries to nail Winter with the title belt, but Velvet Sky runs in and takes it from her. You'd think that would be the finish but instead Sarita rolls up Winter and gets the win and we have new champs at 4:58. Much better than your usual knockouts match as Winter is actually a good worker and looked pretty good out there in the short time she got to shine. This probably would have been much better if it was just Winter and Sarita.

We cut to footage of Jeff and Karen on their "honeymoon" at Disney World with their kids. This is just weird as Jarrett is supposed to be this big heel, but he looks like a loving happy father here just trying to please his kids while Karen comes off as the evil stepmom from hell. Is this leading to a Jeff face turn or something? What's the point in this?

Backstage Christy Hemme gets a few words with Matt Morgan about his upcoming match with Hernandez, a feud that just pisses me off everytime I watch it because of how illogical the whole thing is. Remember, Morgan is the one who was the heel last year and broke Hernandez's neck and made fun of him for weeks because of it. He comes back and now we're supposed to be on Morgan's side here? Makes no sense, but that describes alot of TNA's booking doesn't it?

First Blood Match
Matt Morgan vs. Hernandez

The less I say about this feud the better honestly. Suffice to say, I'm not a fan. It's a brawl to start with both men trading lefts and rights. They take the fight to the outside, slamming each other into the guardrail. Hernandez hits a big shoulder-block and then grabs a wooden stick, breking it in half and attempting to stab Morgan with it ala Magnum and Tully's famous I Quit match. Hernandez gives Morgan a freaking BACK RAKE and Morgan sells it like he just got shot. These two guys just do not have any chemistry together whatsoever, you would have thought their lame tag team from last year would have shown that. Big discus lariat from Morgan and both men are down. Fallaway slam from Morgan and he grabs the same broken wooden stick Hernandez tried to use on him. Hernandez gets tossed off the top rope and suddenly what appears to be a fan jumps in the ring. The ref quickly tackles the fan and you can hear security screaming "GET HIM OUT OF THE RING!" while Morgan stomps a few legit boots into the fan and he's taken out. That definitely wasn't planned. Back to the match. Morgan grabs Hernandez's chain and TNA, being the high quality production company they are, immediately have a camera zoom in at ringside directly to Hernandez, where we can clearly see him pulling a razor blade out of his shirt in the corner and cut himself with it. They did this same shit to Angle a few months back and it's just as unforgivable as before, whoever is running that camera crew needs to be slapped. Hernandez stands up and has the slightest trickle of blood on his head. That makes a Lex Luger bladejob look like a Great Muta bladejob for God's sake. Hernandez pulls out some sort of spray or bottle of sorts full of clearly fake blood and starts squirting it on Morgan's chest. Oh dear, I don't like where this going. Sure enough the ref comes back to the ring, sees the fake blood on Morgan's chest, and awards the match to Hernandez at 8:35. Wow, what a Dusty finish, that is pure Vince Russo bullshit at it's worst. Totally boring brawl with almost no heat made even worse by an extraordinarly stupid finish. DUD

After the match we cut backstage to where Christy Hemme is interviewing both members of Generation Me. They apparently have worked out a deal to have Max win tonight. Elsewhere Jeremy Borash gets a few words with the X-Division champion, Kazarian.

TNA X-Division Title Ultimate X Match
Kazarian (C) vs. Max Buck vs. Jeremy Buck vs. Robbie E

Apparently TNA is trying to re-focus on the X Division. And THIS is the best they could come up with? Not that Kaz and the two Bucks aren't great, but where's Jay Lethal? Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley? Robbie E is involved, so odds are all the life will be sucked out of this match within minutes. Gen Me team up on Kaz to start while Cookie and Robbie E act like morons outside, so you know, their usual shtick. Kaz springboards up to the cables but Gen Me pulls him back down quickly. Stiff leg lariat from Kaz to Max. Robbie comes in and attacks Kaz from behind, choking him in the corner and then tossing him to the floor. Max tries to climb the cable but Robbie takes him down as well. Robbie tries climbing the cables now and doesn't get very far before Kaz shimmies up behind him and knocks him off. Jeremy springboards in with a facebuster on Kaz and the two brothers try climbing the cables again only for Robbie E to give Jeremy a neckbreaker. Max gets taken inside out by a lariat from Kaz and he and Robbie began exchanging right hands. Kaz tries for the reverse piledriver but ends up back dropping Robbie out of the ring instead. He follows him out with a slingshot body-press. The Bucks are alone in the ring again and they do a nifty little monkey flip move into Jeremy doing a moonsault out of the ring, wiping out Kaz and Robbie. The story here I guess is that Jeremy is working with Max so Max can win the title. Back inside the ring Kaz eats a dropkick from Max. Max tries climbing the cable again to the title but Kaz knocks him down. Double hiptoss-dropkick combo on Kaz from the Bucks. The Bucks try shimmying on the cable again but Kaz takes Jeremy down and then swings Max down, hitting him with an ace crusher as he falls to the mat! Didn't get all of that but it was still a cool spot. Nice springboard neckbreaker from Max onto Robbie while Cookie screams at ringside. Max gets just shoved off the top turnbuckle RIGHT into the steel structure from Kaz, which just looked NASTY with his head getting stuck inbetween the bars. Jeremy, Kaz, and Robbie do the old powerbomb/superplex Tower of Doom spot. Kaz hits the reverse piledriver on Robbie E, but then eats a big spinkick from Jeremy Buck. Kaz hits the old one-man Spanish Fly (Back to the Future) off the top on Jeremy, a move I haven't seen him use in quite some time. Kaz and Robbie both start shimmying across the cable in opposite directions now. The Bucks pull Robbie off and then swing Kaz off as well. Jeremy starts climbing and this pisses Max off. Jeremy doesn't care and climbs anyways as the Bucks are racing towards the title while Robbie E pulls a ladder into the ring. Isn't the ONLY rule of this match that you CAN'T use a ladder? Kaz is perched up on one of the steel structures, wlking across the cable just as Robbie climbs up the ladder for the title, but Kaz grabs the belt first and retains at 14:22. The Bucks and Kaz saved this from sucking as Robbie continues to prove that he does not belong in the X-Division. The ladder bit was stupid as well since the only rule of the match is that you can't use one, but there were enough nice spots and some decent action for me to give this a pass. This probably should have been the opener though. ***

We cut back to Karen and Jeff's honeymoon where Jeff continues to be the loving father while Karen is the evil bitch stepmom from hell. I'm just baffled by the point of these segments.

Backstage Christy Hemme gets a few words with Beer Money about their upcoming title match with Ink Inc.

TNA Tag Team Title Match
Robert Roode/James Storm (C) vs. Shannon Moore/Jesse Neal

This should be pretty decent as apparently Ink Inc have been improving a ton on the house show circuit and Beer Money are always up for a good tag match. Storm and Neal start us off with a nice feeling out process, trading armdrags. Neckbreaker from Storm gets a quick two count. Cross-body block off the second rope gets Neal a two count of his own and both men shake hands in a sign of respect. Roode and Moore tag in now and lock-up, going into a nice feeling-out process of their own. Tilt-a-whirl backbreaker from Roode gets another two count and Moore tags Neal back in. Powerslam from Roode but Neal kicks out at two and Storm tags back in. Ink Inc starts beating down Storm, isolating him a bit while Moore slaps on a side headlock. Ink Inc trade quick tags, continuing the beatdown on Storm. Swinging neckbreaker gets Neal a quick two on Storm. Moore tags back in and misses a cross-body into the corner, giving Storm the chance to get the hot tag to Roode. Neal and Roode start trading stiff forearms, but Roode gets the better of him and gives him a big spinebuster for a quick two count. Beer Money start double-teaming Neal now, hitting the wheelbarrow-lungblower combo they love to use. Moore comes in now and hits a hurricanrana on Roode. Moonsault takes Storm down and then Moore hits a bulldog on Roode for another quick two count. Roode evades another double-team move while Moore hits a twisting moonsult on Storm. Yuranagi from Roode on Neal, but again he kicks out at two. Taz and Tenay are going crazy trying to figure out who's legal but tag rules went out the window several minutes ago. We get the Beer Money chant and the crowd is fired up now. Ink Inc hits a neckbreaker-ace crusher combo on Roode. 1-2--NOO! Roode gets the shoulder up just barely. Moore grabs his chain now but Jesse tells him "No! We don't win that way!" only for Storm to give him a stiff superkick and for Beer Money to finish off Moore with the Drinking While Investing at 12:30. Damn good formula tag here as Ink Inc came off looking better than they ever have before even in the loss. Match of the night thus far and something tells me that might be as good as it gets tonight. ***¼

Backstage Christy Hemme interviews "Cold Blooded" Matt Hardy and Ric Flair, where Flair has the unbelievable ability to call Matt "the man" (as in "you have to beat the man to be the man") without a hint of irony. Matt cuts his usual rambling, completely nonsensical promo that you can see at anytime on his Twitter or YouTube accounts.

AJ Styles vs. Matt Hardy

So hopefully this is better than what we've seen out of Matt over the last few months. I'm still in disbelief at how little they've done with Matt since he joined the company, here's a guy that was on WWE TV only a few weeks before joining the company and he's done almost nothing but job since arriving. Matt said on Twitter earlier today that he wants to steal the show with this match, so lets see how it goes. AJ dominates to start with big chops and right hands. Big dropkick sends Matt to the outside. Matt evades the slingshot splash attempt and then tries to suplex him back in, but AJ evades and send Matt out to the floor again. He tries for a suicide dive but Flair grabs his foot from ringside, giving Matt a chance to come back in and hit a clothesline for a quick two count. Hardy gets knocked out yet again and finally AJ hits the moonsult to the floor on Hardy. Matt slams AJ into the steel post though and breaks the ref's count. Matt tries tossing AJ into the guardrail but AJ slides underneath it and then launches himself off the guardrail with the big flying forearm! Very fluid delivery from AJ there. Back inside both men trade waistlocks and then Matt hits a quasi-German suplex/throw into the corner turnbuckle, with AJ's head slamming nastily against the second turnbuckle. Flair gets a few cheap shots in on Styles and Matt is back in control, locking in a double-underhook grapevine submission that's actually rather impressive looking until AJ gets the rope break. Reverse STO from Hardy gets a quick two count. Both men connect with a clothesline but AJ hits a big jumping heel kick. Death Valley Driver into a backbreaker from AJ gets him a quick two count of his own. He tries for a discus lariat but Matt hits the Side Effect. 1-2--NOO! AJ kicks out at two. Matt counters a Styles Clash attempt with a big Alabama Slam (love that move) and he gets a two count of his own on Styles. AJ botches the backflip-reverse DDT spot of his, which is something you don't see very often, and Flair starts getting in AJ's face. Flair eats a pele kick from AJ though. Big DDT from Matt and a moonsault, 1-2---NOO! AJ gets the shoulder up. Matt goes to the top again but AJ hits a pele kick on him too and then hits the Spiral Tap for the win at 17:38! By far Matt's best match in TNA so far, AJ is always good and Matt to his credit actually looked decent out there, and a whole lot less sluggish than usual. To my surprise, a good little contest. ***

TNA World Title #1 Contender's Match
Mr. Anderson vs. Rob Van Dam

Anderson has increasingly become more and more of a joke since his title win and loss. They're trying to book him like the anti-hero Austin, but instead he comes off like a whining little bitch most of the time, constantly crying to Hogan and Bischoff about getting a title shot. I've gone from being indifferent about his character to hating him within a month, good job TNA. They trade left and right hands to start before going into a feeling out process, exchanging side-headlocks. Slow and steady pace to start with Anderson trying to out-wrestle the high-flying RVD. Van Dam hits the Rolling Thunder and Anderson slides out of the ring for a breather. RVD follows him out with a slingshot cross-body. Van Dam suplexes Anderson onto the guard-rail and then goes for the spinning legdrop off the apron, but Anderson moves at the last second. Anderson starts working on the leg, slamming it into the steel post. RVD starts the comeback though and hits a few spin kicks, selling the leg all the while. RVD evades a reverse STO attempt from Anderson and then applies a side headlock, which Anderson counters out of with a back drop suplex. This hasn't been bad so far, but it really hasn't been interesting either. RVD misses a shoulderblock and both men butt heads. Cross-body from RVD sends both men out to the floor. They fight up the rampway and Anderson hits the Mic Check on RVD right on the ramp! The ref starts the count though and neither man are able to make it to the ring, so we get the double-countout finish at 12:54. Good god that is a slap in the face of all of the people who bought this show. Typical Russo bullshit, every PPV has to have twelve fucking Dusty finishes, can't just have clean finishes on a PAY PER VIEW, no, we have to save that for free TV obviously. Match wasn't particularly bad, but the ending absolutely killed it.

TNA World Title No DQ Match
Sting (C) vs. Jeff Hardy

I won't even get into the absurdity of giving the title belt to Sting, again, so I'll just stick to calling this match. Somehow Mike Tenay tries to convince us that this title win is the most important and impressive in Sting's career, but not even Steve Borden would buy that load of bullshit. Before the match can start Eric Bischoff comes out and tells us that there's a change of plans and that this match is now No DQ. Okay that could imrpove things. Bit of brawling to start and then the Scorpion Death Drop from Sting almost immediately...and that gets the three count?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Match is over at a whopping 1:28. Unbelievable. I cannot believe they really just did that, what a way to just give the middle finger to all of your paying fans. We easily have our candidate for worst and most downright insulting match of 2011 thus far. The biggest joke of a main event I've ever seen in my life. DUD

After the match, since we still have 20 god damn minutes left until the top of the hour, we recap literally every single match of the night with Taz and Tenay, which eats up about 5 minutes. That's it, that's how the show ends. No, really.

Bottom Line: This was absolutely atrocious. There was no point to any of these matches other than to fill a PPV card, most of the matches were mediocre at best, and we get two Dusty finishes AND that joke of a main event to top it all off? The Ultimate X, AJ-Matt, and the tag title matches were actually pretty good, but that's not enough to make up for the rest of this show, which was basically just TNA giving their fans a big fat "FUCK YOU!". Maybe catch a few of the midcard matches, but otherwise this is the strongest recommendation to avoid. Thumbs Down.

Score: 3.5/10

Addendum*: It's come to my knowledge that apparently Jeff Hardy showed up for the PPV tonight "in no condition to perform" according to the PWTorch. What a shocker, the drug addict with drug charges came to a show on drugs. Frankly this is the kind of think that Jeff should flat out be fired for. Unexcusable on his part and even worse is that TNA couldn't have just thrown out a substitute for him? Seriously, it would have taken five minutes to have someone beatdown Hardy backstage and have someone else plugged into the title match, but then again our #1 Contender's match earlier ended in a fucking double countout, so I guess they didn't really have any acceptable replacements. Any way you slice it this is just unforgivable on Jeff's part and he should probably be fired for it.

REMEMBER! You can find ALL of my reviews and match ratings at my blog:
X's Wrestling Review

On the PWTorch, recap page the site owner posted this:

WINNER: Sting at 1:28 to retain the TNA Title. The word from backstage at the PPV is that Hardy was in no condition to perform. TNA needs to step up and start holding people accountable. They're playing with fire continuing to play games with the likes of Jeff Hardy, who obviously has health issues that need to be addressed. If they're not going to give him the help he needs, then cut ties with him rather than continuing to put him on TV. Someone in TNA management needs to step up and do something before something worse than a 90-second main event title match on PPV happens.

I think Hardy should've been terminated from TNA back when his CM Punk promo showed up on the internet. Not because he was bashing CM Punk, but because he was very obviously STONED OUT OF HIS FLIPPIN' GOURD!! And it's something he's imfamous for!!!

I know I might me falling for the "work" but was it just me or did it look like that wasn't the finish, but Sting held down Hardy. It look like he tried to kick out, and his left should never actually looked down to me..

Look at it again, especially the replay they showed after the match at the different angle...

Most Deffinitly more to this story...

You are right in your observations. Having just watched the video my best guess as to what happened tonight is that Jeff was high off his ass, TNA, being the dumbasses they are, decided to still have him wrestle, and so Sting decided to do the mature and RIGHT thing himself and end the match as quick as he could before someone got hurt. If this is the case, then I think two things are needed to be said. first: fuck off TNA and I hope this is the start of the demise of your company, and secondly: Thank you Sting for being the only smart and mature person backstage tonight.

Pay attention when Sting goes for the lock up. Hardy just stands there like wtf and cant figure out how to lock up. His weak attempt trying was very noticeable but he could not follow through on how to do it. He was high off of his ass tonight.

You're giving a PPV that has a 1 minute main event 3 out of 5 stars???

What the hell do they have to do to get a failing grade from you? Have the main event consist of two guys playing Go Fish?

Simply put: If your guy cannot perform, you re-book the damn match. You change it up so that you don't have fans who spent good money on a PPV wondering why on earth they should ever buy a TNA show again.

3 out of 5? This isn't even a matter of giving the show a ranking. It isn't even a 0 out of 5. From every conceivable standpoint, TNA screwed up so fucking bad that I can't figure out where they should go from here.

A shitty show is one thing, but to not even put in an effort to even have a main event match is not shitty. It's down right ludicrous.

Exactly, but i do agree that it probably wasn't the worst, just the norm for TNA, they have NEVER delivered a decent PPV from opening to end.

Didn't pay for the PPV as usual, i refuse to pay for anything TNA and it sounds like once again i made the right call.

All i can is suck shit TNA fanboys once again the awesome TNA has come through with supporting an obvious drug addict who refuses to get help and putting there money on it. Meanwhile taking your money for paying to see that shit

and fucking up a number #1 contenders match which no doubt will now be a fatal fourway or 3 way for the title at the next shit PPV with 1 person they won't give the title too anyway.

As one of the biggest TNA appologists on this planet, I've always defended TNA in almost everything they've ever done. Many people were upset with the RVD/Anderson finish tonight but at least that can be justified by setting up a three way at Lockdown. Still horrible ending to the match, but we've seen that a thousand times before.

But the main event / Jeff Hardy situation tonight really hurts. Any way you spin this, TNA dropped the ball. I really hope TNA makes the right decision and at the very least, issues a public appology for what they aired this evening. I'm not going to be one of the people demanding a refund because I had fun with this PPV up until the last half an hour or so. I, unfortunately, ordered the replay and had I known that TNA would screw up this badly, I would have just stayed in bed.

But if Jeff was "impaired" he needs to be fired. Allowing him to wrestle is just enabling his horrible behavior. I hope Jeff can pick up the pieces and clean himself up. As for the other Hardy, Matt's match with AJ tonight was awesome. Too bad that Matt wasn't around for 10/10/10 as he, in hindsight, would have been a better choice for the "anti-christ" role.

How can ANYONE justify what TNA did out there tonight? People already tried and I'm sure they will continue to but it's only becoming redundant. Every single week TNA does something stupid and every week TNA marks defend the crap. Tonight proved that no one in TNA except for Sting gives a damn on how theyr product is precieved as long as they make some money. When I say TNA sucks I'm not saying it because I don't like TNA, because I liked TNA originally, but because it's the truth and TNA proves it every week. How can any company expect to stay in business let alone hold a fan base when the "face" of theyr company is a drug addict that is currently involved in legal proceedings relating to drug possession. Then to make that person the champion of the company and continue to promote him the way they do is just showing the world that TNA could careless about the health of their employees.

TNA needs to wake up and realize that the face of theyr company is in court for many of the same type of drugs that Eddie Guerrero once did and, god rest his soul look what became of it even after he got clean. Sadly Jeff is headed down the same road and TNA continues to facilitate his addictions. TNA is quickly becoming a sinking ship and no one is to blame but the owners and bookers because they continue to allow this stupid shit to happen.

And for all TNA marks that are going to take offense to this remember one thing. The people like me aren't what makes TNA suck they don't need us for that they do a good enough job proving it on theyr own. And that's the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Whoever's fault was this must be fired ASAP. I don't care if it was Sting, the ref, Hardy, God (not Flair), fire him on the spot. It's unacceptable, it gives TNA a bad name. I don't know what the fuck happened, I just know someone caused this, and whoever the "someone" is - be gone.

I'm ashamed to be a TNA fan right now.

I just watched the vid on youtube and to me it seems like Jeff wanted to kick out and Sting really pinned him to the mat. Jeff even seem mad after it.

If Jeff was in no condition they should have send someone else. Or have Bischoff said ok you dispose of Jeff quickly but how about facing his brother, do anything but that. You can't end your PPV like that and if it was really Jeff being high he needs to go.

Hey Everyone! I didn't watch TNA Victory Road 2011 and it goes without saying I didn't order it either. I received an email(not from an anonymous general manager of course) that I absolutely HAD to see the main event of last nights edition of TNA:As the World Turns. Thinking that it was probably gonna be a classic match I tuned in to see the video was only 10 minutes roughly in length! What followed was a burst of hysterical laughter followed by a major facepalm that last longer then the main event itself. To take a page out of another big time posters book here; I figured it would be entertaining to break the video down as it happens:

Here we go:

We're starting off after the pre-match hype and vignettes and going right into it. Jeff Hardys them has started with a wide angle shot of the Impact zone, I'm missing Fayetteville already.

and waiting.

and waiting, Jeff is nowhere to be found. I'm sort of enjoying it since his new theme is really catchy. The Production crew realizes Jeff isn't exactly in a rush to get out there so we're in a wide angle shot now. AND WAITING.... Good god whats he think hes the Undertaker now? Oh here's Jeff slowly walking up the steps, hes playing with his shirt an mumbling something as he staggers over to the camera to utter something nobody is going to hear. His arm movements are pretty comical during.

Commentary finally gets some words in as Mike Tenay is selling Jeff Hardy as a victim almost as if Eric Bischoff wrote what Tenay has had to say himself. They don't acknowledge the long period of time it took Jeff to appear or the fact hes acting like a fruit on camera. Jeff is staggering to the ring either chewing gum or muttering something I can't tell. Jeff is now at the ring and taunting fans. Camera pans out again to what I assume cover the fact that hes flipping off some fans in the front row and trying to steal their banner or flag or whatever their holding. Tenay and Taz are still trying to sell Jeff Hardy being a "victim" of the network from a week and a half prior. Jeff walks over to a ring post and makes a pose that eerily looks like CM Punk's straight edge pose(zing?).

Hardy is still posing as Stings music hits and thank god the lights are out. Here's Sting as he acts no different then normal gripping his title and embracing the fans. Nothing out of the ordinary UNTIL, we get a camera pan on Jeff whos eyes are half shut and is thumping around the ring. Sting still hasn't payed any attention to Hardy at this point.

In a previously overlooked moment, I notice that as Sting is going around the ring hoisting his title, the referee(who I can't make out at the moment) flashes an "X" sign. The usual sign to signal an injured performer. Its brief because the camera is on Sting, we goto a wide angle again and the ref is hailing a women in a blue dress over who I believe is SoCal Val. He tells her something and she walks away. Hardy has left the ring at this point. Off the Jeremy Borash who is now going through the motions he keeps taking subtle glances over to Hardys corner(who has no Hardy in it; hes still walking around the outside). Ah the referee is one Mr. Brian Hebner. Sting is now uncharacteristically bouncing around the ring to look as if he is warming up. Ah Jeff is now in his corner as Sting returns to his. Borash is going nuts with these introductions. Nothing out of the usual as we head to Stings part of the introduction.

Here's Bischoffs music as Sting points to the aisle and says something to Brian Hebner. Bischoff is coming down motioning for a time out. Eric Bischoff is promoting that theres a change of plans and laying it on the network from the March 3rd business. Bischoff is over to Hardy for a handshake as the two mumble something to one another. Eric continues on with his promo as he walks over to Sting with his hand stretched out saying he's going to be fair. Words are exchanged between the two with Sting not accepting Eric Bischoffs handshake offering as he adds a No DQ stipulation. Sting then punches down Eric which looks like it connects and Eric is sort of rolling on the floor at the moment. This might be where things began to deviate as Bischoff is scrambling around before rolling out to the floor.

Here's the bell as Jeff takes off his shirt and feign throwing it to the crowd. Sting looks like he is eager to go. Hardy shoots a stare back at Sting before feigning another T-shirt throw. Sting is now standing tall looking a bit annoyed. I thought Shirt throwing was a face thing?!. Even more non-shirt throwing goodness as Sting is just watching closely. Tenay even points out this isn't the time to be playing to the crowd. The funny thing is, he just keeps doing it. Stings had enough has he corners Hardy(still holding the shirt). Sting legit has Hardy pinned in the corner as Brian Hebner is calling for him to get off. Sting backs off as Jeff continues the T-shirt dance, Ah finally he drops the thing on the ring apron.

They lock up as Sting hits Hardy with a few punches and kicks to start us off. Jeff is selling of course. Sting then grabs Hardy by the hair and YANKS him out to the middle of the ring to setup a Scorpion Death Drop. Hardy goes down as Sting goes for the cover, we get to two and what is more then likely unplanned, Jeff attempts to kick out but can't get Sting off him. Hardy only has 1 shoulder down as well. Brian Hebners count is no faster then usual. The bell is sounded as Tenay and Taz can't believe that was it either. Stings back is to us as I'm only assuming hes mouthing something to Jeff. Hardy is laying on the bottom rope looking around confused. The fans don't know whether to cheer or boo this.

Hebner comes over with the belt but Sting won't take it as he continues to stare down Hardy. Jeff now walks over to talk to Hebner as Sting looks on. Jeff looks over to Sting but no words, as Sting just continues to stare down Hardy. Sting finally half-heartedly celebrates as Jeff is in the corner throwing a bitch fit. The commentators are still confused as hell at this point. We get a replay of this epicness. Stings now going up the ramp with Brian as fans haven't erupted quite yet. Sting then turns and utters a very legible "I agree,... I agree." I couldn't hear what was said to him but some people claim that it was a fan expressing his rage over the main event. Sting disappears as Tenay and Taz take us back to re-visit everything seen at Victory Road in an effort to kill time.

Video ends about there.

My thoughts on the whole thing:

Its the worlds worst secret at this point that this was NOT planned by any means. Looking back its sort of hard to tell where things might have deviated.

It may have been when Bischoff came down to add the No DQ stip. He very obviously had something to say to Sting and Hardy however Sting was hearing none of it. Eric may of legit pissed of Steve Borden at this point and broke the final straw. Eric definitely was surprised over the strike from Sting as it took him awhile to come to the conclusion to get out of the ring. Sting very much pushed him that way. I can only assume for this scenario that Sting had enough Hardy and Bischoffs bullshit and took matters into his own hands very determinedly decided to end this travesty quickly in an effort to protect himself and Hardy from working a legit match with him nonetheless a risky no DQ match.

It may also of been when Hardy stalled to begin the actual match. Sting very noticeably showed digress over Hardys actions up until that point. He backed Hardy into the corner and wouldn't let him out until pleading from Brian Hebner. Sting quickly ended the match as Hardy attempted to kick out of the pin but Sting wouldn't allow it as he put all his weight onto Hardy. Brian Hebner may or may not have been in on that as Jeff very clearly had his shoulder off the mat however Hebner proceeded to count anyways. No fast count.

Either way this all stems from Jeff Hardy. He was very noticeably not with it and the speculation at this point is that he was whacked out of his mind. This wouldn't be the first time hes showed up to a PPV in that state of mind as just 3 months ago during TNA's Final Resolution PPV reports were coming that Hardy was in no condition to work. So in reality.

JEFF HARDY NEEDS HELP. He doesn't need world titles, he needs rehab, he needs jail time. Hes a husband and a father for christs sake. TNA is doing nothing but enabling him at this point and its very much affected their product. They've done unrecoverable damage with this and needs to take immediate action to control this damage. I say Matt and Shannon grab Hardy the next time he shows up to work and drag his ass to rehab where he belongs. If Jeff Hardy performs in a TNA ring again after this there will be no excuses for the consequences.

This could've all be rectified if TNA did the right thing; send Jeff Hardy home unpaid until he cleans up; made the main event a 3 way for the title with RVD and Mr. Anderson. If someone is impaired, the company puts it's reputation and it's product at risk by doing nothing. It's time to take the business seriously or you'll end up like WCW. I was mad at ordering the PPV, I could imagine how the people who paid to see it live must have felt...robbed.

If I was AJ Styles I would walk out. He just bust his ass like he does week in week out for that PPV to be shit on by Meth Hardy. That main event is the one of the worst incidents in pro wrestling I've ever seen.

Sure the Montreal Screwjob was bad but prior to the finish you got a fantastic mainevent. And even the fingerpoke of doom lead to a storyline. This was just BS booking and TNA needs to fire Hardy pronto. Credit to Sting for carrying what was a clusterfuck of a mainevent match.

Anyone who didn't think Hardy was on drugs I will explain.

His pupils were all messed up and he was struggling to get up the stairs. He also took forever to enter the iMPACT zone. Oh and the match hasn't started yet. He panders to the crowd for 50 seconds. Sting hits him with the SSD and Hardy PHYSICALLY tries to kick out but Sting wisely holds his leg down. Hardy stands striaght back up after the finisher, completely no selling the move.

Yeah thats how normal people act /sarcasm

Meth Hardy's (I like that name) court date is tomorrow. I suspect that he will try to make a deal to avoid prison time. Or maybe he'll ask for another continuance.

But why is anyone surprised about the lousy PPV. That's what you get with a Hogan/Bischoff production. And don't forget the Jeff Jarrett/Karen Angle honeymoon updates. I just couldn't have lived without those.

This is 1 PPV they showed have paid the fans to watch.

Meth and Fatt Hardy - too funny.

I've always thought TNA was prone to making stupid decisions, and that was why they'd never be a serious competitor.

It's been said before and I'll say it again, TNA has the talent to be a major force in the business. No one's questioning the roster (well kinda)

BUT they always have to screw it up somehow, I've never been huge on TNA but all the TNA marks deserved something better than this load of crap.

Hogan/Bischoff are easy to blame but the real idiot here is Dixie "I won't fire anyone" Carter. For hiring this idiot and giving him the belt, YOU Dixie Carter are an idiot for letting this drug infested disgrace run around your company without consequence.

Serves TNA right for bringing this idiot and his useless brother in to screw things up even worst than they already are

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back