• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC Rio LD: DorksFromBrazil.com

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
[YOUTUBE]cwyWyluQs_Q[/YOUTUBE]

UFC-134-Poster1.jpg

YOUR MAIN EVENTS

MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE

Anderson Silva (30-4)

ufc_117_anderson_silva_trouble.jpg

VS.

Yushin Okami (26-5)

20110817020002_IMG_6672_JPG.jpg

Light Heavyweight Bout

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (19-5)

Shogun_Hospital.jpg

VS.

Forrest Griffin (18-6)

forrest-as-a-kid.jpg

Heavyweight Bout

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (32-6-1, 1 NC)

old-man-with-walker.jpg

VS.

Brendan Schaub (8-1)

brendan-schaub-ko.JPG

The Rest of the Main Card
  • Lightweight Bout: Ross Pearson vs. Edson Barboza
  • Light Heavyweight Bout: Luiz Cane vs. Stanislav Nedkov

Undercard
  • Bantamweight Bout: Raphael Assuncao vs. Johnny Eduardo
  • Lightweight Bout: Spencer Fisher vs. Thiago Tavares
  • Welterweight Bout: Paulo Thiago vs. David Mitchell
  • Featherweight Bout: Yuri Alcantara vs. Felipe Arantes
  • Welterweight Bout: Erick Silva vs. Luis Ramos
  • Middleweight Bout: Rousimar Palhares vs. Dan Miller
  • Bantamweight Bout: Yves Jabouin vs. Ian Loveland

You know the drill, no asking for streams. Prelims start on Facebook at 5:45. Spike TV Prelims are on at 8:00.

Predictions:
Okami by Decision - Okami's been training with the one guy who would have beaten Silva if he had submission defense. I think this fight will unfold much like Silva vs. Sonnen, except this time, Silva's fighting a guy who has good submission defense. Okami surprises Silva in the standup, takes him down at will, and grinds out a decision, leading to perhaps the first riot in UFC history.

Griffin by Decision - Griffin had a boring win over Rich Franklin, I see this fight being much like that one.

Nogueira by Submission - Schaub is going to be cocky and underestimate Nogueira due to him being over the hill. However, he almost lost the Gonzaga fight in the last minute when Gonzaga remembered that he's more of a BJJ fighter than a striker, and he's pretty fucking good at BJJ. Nogueira will pull it out somehow.

They should have just replaced the promo entirely and put Silva's Burger King promo.

Okami surprises Silva in the standup, takes him down at will, and grinds out a decision, leading to perhaps the first riot in UFC history.

That one, I was wondering about the whole day. Okami better have some escape routes or have Chael Sonnen with a getaway car outside if he wins (which seems very likely but I'm not counting Silva out just yet. that dude is crafty).

Paul Harris's muscles must cover up for his incredibly tiny brain. Jesus fucking christ

Anyways, Brazilian fighters are pretty much undefeated at this point (only exception being the Brazilian who lost to another Brazilian). It'll be in interesting to see if they can get a full on sweep tonight.

I truly believe Chael would get killed if he came. Total riot if Silva loses. Storming the cage and all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back