UFC 142: Aldo vs. Mendes

This is amazing. I love this guy, my second favorite active fighter, and is giving Anderson a run for his money.

Wow. Who's going to beat him? I can't think of anyone right now. He's definitely number 2 P4P right now, and just creeping up behind Anderson.

That ETIM KO is fucking brutal. Jesus Christ, I thought he was dead. Barboza impressed the fuck out of me tonight, Maynard vs Barboza would be a great fight, though Maynard via decision.

Erick Silva is on the Jon Jones path to greatness.

I think Barboza vs. Diaz talk is sort of premature. Diaz is #1 contender right now. I do think Barboza vs someone like Jacob Volkmann would be a good litmus test to see how he handles someone with a wrestling base.

What would be a lot of fun though is Barboza vs the Sotiropoulos/Gomi winner.

No idea who is next for Aldo either to even make it a challenge. I thought Mendes posed some problems for him, and on the one takedown he had, Aldo was up within seconds.

Might be time for a Frankie Edgar superfight

Nate Diaz vs. Barboza makes more sense, IMO.

He honestly needs a really good wrestler as a gauge of his development while Maynard needs a winnable fight to rebound. And Nate Diaz is way too up the ladder to be fighting Barboza at the moment, Barboza has not looked as good as Nate against worse competition while Diaz has looked fucking incredible against superb fighters (Cerrone not Gomi;)). I would not bat an eyelid if he got the title shot next if Gilbert is still in SF, and it wouldn't be a stretch to see two Diaz brothers as champions by the end of 2013, I'd love to see both of them doing one of those cookie cutter morning shows:lmao:. I think that would surpass even God Sonnen in it's hilarity.

No idea who is next for Aldo either to even make it a challenge. I thought Mendes posed some problems for him, and on the one takedown he had, Aldo was up within seconds.

Might be time for a Frankie Edgar superfight

Perhaps Hioki....

Perhaps.

Hioki just needs a dominant win on the Japan show against Bart Palaszewski and he'll not doubt be next in line with a shot at Aldo. And there's no reason why Hioki shouldn't win that fight in dominating fashion... he's got home field advantage and is better than Bart everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back