• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC ON VERSUS: Vera vs. Jones LD - Bust vs. Phenom

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
1z2zytg.jpg

YOUR MAIN EVENT

Light Heavyweight Bout:

Brandon Vera (11-4)

34nr7ki.jpg

VS.

Jon Jones (9-1)

sigpic398_33.gif

THE REST OF THE MAIN CARD:

• Heavyweight bout: Junior dos Santos vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
  • Heavyweight bout: Cheick Kongo vs. Paul Buentello
  • Middleweight bout: Alessio Sakara vs. James Irvin

Preliminary Card

• Lightweight bout: Clay Guida vs. Shannon Gugerty
  • Light Heavyweight bout: Eliot Marshall vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
  • Welterweight bout: John Howard vs. Daniel Roberts
  • Heavyweight bout: Brendan Schaub vs. Chase Gormley
  • Light Heavyweight bout: Eric Schafer vs. Jason Brilz
  • Lightweight bout: Duane Ludwig vs. Darren Elkins
  • Welterweight bout: Mike Pierce vs. Julio Paulino

The main card starts at 9:00 EST. PLEASE do not spoil preliminary fights, because there's a good chance that they'll show a couple of those fights if they have time to fill.

Good news for people who have Direct TV: Versus and Direct TV have worked out their differences just in time for this event, so you will be getting this card tonight, live. You won't have to fish around for a stream. This is a card you won't want to miss either. Each fight is going to be a lot of fun.

This card features the two hottest prospects in the Light-Heavyweight and the Heavyweight divisions.

If you haven't seen Jon Jones fight yet, you're in for a treat. He's only 22 years old, and he's made each UFC veteran he's taken on look like complete amateurs. The only blemish on his record came in a DQ loss to Matt Hamill, and that fight should have been stopped long before the illegal downward elbow struck Hamill in the face. Jones is virtually unstoppable, and with him now training under Greg Jackson, the best MMA coach in the business, he's only going to get better. He will be UFC Light Heavyweight Champion within two years, and if you want to see the evolution of a prodigy, you need to watch this card tonight.

The two Heavyweight bouts on this card are going to be slugfests and guaranteed knockouts are going to take place. Keep an eye on Junior Dos Santos as well. He is the protege of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, and he's been impressive in each one of his fights. A win over an accomplished fighter like Gabriel Gonzaga will launch him right into title contention.

The remaining two fights will be interesting because they are what I like to call "Can vs. Can" matchups, but they feature exciting fighters.

Cheick Kongo vs. Paul Buentello is going to be a standup war. Alessio Sakara and James Irvin are not good, but they are exciting fighters, and that could shockingly be a fight of the night candidate. Sakara recently defeated former #1 Middleweight contender Thales Leites, and that loss actually made Dana White release Leites from the UFC.

So, join us here at 9:00. The only other show on TV tonight is Breaking Bad, and as much as I love that show... there's a reason why DVRs exist. If you've never really seen a Mixed Martial Arts card, this is the one to watch, as there's something for everyone.

Here's just a little of what Jon Jones can do:
15qruro.gif
wp82h.jpg
2yyqf6s.jpg

I am so ready for this card, should be a fun one to watch. I've seen Jones just a couple of times, but have enjoyed watching him fight every time. Throw in the fact this card is for free, and I'm all over it.

Not sure if whether or not I can make it to the LD tonight, but I'll for sure be watching this show.

Absolutely cannot wait to see Jon Jones kick the ever living shit out of Vera. Should be a great, great night.

Jesus Christ, James Irvin looks like Christian Bale in The Machinist after cutting down to Middleweight:

15ewiec.jpg

I don't know why he dropped down to Middleweight to begin with. His only two losses at Light Heavyweight were to Thiago and Anderson Silva.

Sakara should win here. He's been on somewhat of a hot streak lately, and Irvin looks terrible from the weight cut to 185.

Neither guy has ever done anything for me but they both like to slug so it should be somewhat entertaining.

Anyone know if the Maz is there tonight? Because if he is and ends up on the Jones fight, shit is going down.

I would hope that Jones pulled a Lesnar and requested that Mazzagatti never ref one of his fights again after the Hamill debacle.
You think he could do that? Lesnar is the man in UFC. While I love Jones and hope he's a champ one day, he's far lower on the totem pole.

You think he could do that? Lesnar is the man in UFC. While I love Jones and hope he's a champ one day, he's far lower on the totem pole.

I think any fighter with a legit grievous against a ref should be able to at least approach management about such an issue. Not that they would do anything but they should at least hear out any fighter.

Kinda bullshit how Carwin has to fight Mir before he can get at Lesnar.

Well if he beats Mir then he will be a Heavyweight champion regardless so I don't see the problem. The real problem is that he is fighting Frank Mir, he will need to bring his A game and then some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back