• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tyson Kidd and that HUGE dude (Jackson Andrews)

I found myself looking at user TheAbsolute1's sig earlier, and saw the Shawn Michaels & Diesel / Tyson Kidd & Jackson Andrew comparison, and I must admit I kinda see it. While Shawn was way way way more charismatic than Tyson Kidd, the very size difference comes into play, where Jackson Andrews will obviously play a MAJOR role in the Diesel bodyguard material.

I can only hope that it will prove to help Tyson. He is immensely talented in the ring, and while he's an absolute bore on the microphone, and very very small I still think he could be gaining an advantage by having Jackson on his side. He could gain a bit of acknowledgment and perhaps get a proper position in the mid-card, so that he doesn't get Evan Bourne'd in the lower mid-card, due to his size.

Okay so the last month or so of Raw's have actually been above average and i'm sure we've all noticed this, so we'll probably all agree that to some extent the WWE is getting better.

So i'm going to moan about something! Of course.

Tyson Kidd, pretty decent fued with DH Smith. Both putting on some good matches with eachother on Raw and on Superstars it seemed like one or the other will be getting a push. They even give Kidd a huge bodyguard.

So on the RAW before TLC, we're going to see a match with them right, we're going to see Kidd and Andrews or at least DH Smith? No ... Okay so there'll be a match on Superstars. DH Smith will want revenge for Andrews man-handling him? No .... Okay maybe they'll be in a dark match on TLC... Nope. So the Raw after TLC ? There'll definitely be something to further this story line at least a little bit? Apparently not.

So what are the WWE doing with Kidd and Andrews, and DH ... I can't help but feel they've dropped the ball. It's a little issue really but it's niggling at me.

It does seem that way but WWE put Daniel Bryan and Dibiase in a dark match and they are probably more important than Kidd/Andrews vs DH Smith as of right now. Although I realised that they were missing off RAW, RAW seemed to be a bit low on the number of matches and high on the quality so I really couldn't care less if I didn't have to hear Kidd screeching and then Andrews beating up CH post match.

They got speaking time at the Slammy's. They don't need to be in a match every single week to keep momentum going. Chill out. They'll probably be on next week to further this storyline. If they aren't on next week's show, then we should start worrying. Kidd and Andrews could do big things as a team and Kidd had a bit of a coming out as a speaker. It wasn't Jericho or The Rock type stuff, but he was relatively alright on the mic at the Slammy's. Kelly Kelly even pointed out the fact that it's the most he's ever spoken on camera. It's too soon to say they dropped the ball on this.

No I agree with both of you, Like I said at the start of the post Raw is better than it's been in ages so it's only really a small issue

I guess i'm just worried that they've gone through all of this work, to split the hart's up, establish them as singles stars (Natalya included) even given Kidd a bodyguard valet only to go actually screw it lets give Cena more time..

I think there's immense potential in both Tyson and Smith and I really do hope they continue the small momentum they've built up for both of them in their fued together. WJD you raise a good point that yes they did get talking time in the Slammy's but I think most people in the IWC would argue that neither Kidd or Smith are great on the mic, but they are good wrestlers i'd rather see them in the ring. But I agree maybe i'm making this a problem a bit prematurely.

I guess we will find out!

This isn't really like Diesel/HBK, I find it more like Brian Kendrick/Ezekiel Jackson. From the breakup of The Hart Dynasty (Think londrick) to turning heel with a HUGE bodyguard. I predict, Tyson start's dancing like a goof next week on Raw.

soooo this is another reason why wwe is a JOKE.. they bring this big guy in to be tysons bodyguard right and he gets punked out by mark henry who is a jobber now days. whats the point of breaking up the harts and having this jobber getting chumped out by another jobber. does this make sense NOPE.. WWE WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!!

Though it must've felt nice for Henry to get a win for a change, I will agree that the match was booked kind of strange, at least regarding the bodyguard Jackson Andrews. His performance didn't strike fear in anyone.

Such an odd booking choice, especially since the segment before that it seemed as if they were setting up a Bryan/Kidd feud, yet 5 minutes later both became worthless by being jobbed out and in Andrews case punked out, by a guy who himself is mostly a jobber.

In the old days a guy the size of Andrews would spend months not being knocked off his feet let alone slammed, here he was manhandled to the point any aura his character may have had, in spite of whether he can work, has been washed away.

yeah i was pretty surprised by this, i would not be surprised however to see this guy on the "future endeavored" list. notice how the company always makes someone look bad before they send them packing? look at kaval on smackdown, got fuckin owned by McIntyre and like what the next day he's gone?

Im gonna have to agree with RKOMachine on the future endevors, Kavals last match was pretty bad, but WWE does like to humiliate talent that is leaving, specially if they ask for thier release.That Jackson dude WAS an impressive lookin beast when he first came out with tyson, but to get man handled like he did.. even if it was the worlds strongest jobber you'd think he'd at least had a slightly better showing then that. I mean whats tyson gonna use him for now.. i guess he can just hide behind him and push jackson into his next ass whoopin like some Valet or any other weak lackey.wow, makes me wonder where big zeke jackson would be now if they would of had brian kendrick whip his ass like that. i guess in closing i'd just like to say ROFLMAO@Jackson Andrews.

*FREEZE chuckling*

Actually I was happy! i HATE HOW THEY MAKE MARK HENRY look so WEAK! He gets pounded by EVERYBODY but if U look at the CROWD REACTION last night he actually is OVER!!! Now here is how I see this playing out! A match btw ANDREWS and HENRY with MARK jobbing badly! I see ANDREWS becoming the next DIESEL type star.... Great push.... Minimal skills....

Oh and yeah I think they broke up the HARTS WAAAAAAYYYYYY TOOOOO SOOON!

I used to live in the tampa fl area in the same building as that guy I just thought he was a really big dude but then I moved , thatsn sad maybe i could have asked him to get me a real wwe superstars autograph

Jackson Andrews- the next in a long line of "Tall Guys Who Stare Way, Way Too Hard" to fail and be released by the WWE. Nathan Jones and Matt Morgan give their regards.

He's in that "introduce the guy to the audience as a bodyguard" role that's been played to varying degrees of success or not-success. I don't know what Jackson Andrews can bring, and I've a feeling he'll be released before he gives us a chance to see.

I have to agree with you. When this happened I was wondering why. They are wanting to push Tyson Kidd and Jackson Andrews but both got embarrassed by Mark Henry whom we all know will not get a decent push. Tyson tells Daniel Bryan that he will be the next US Champion and I liked that segment and I believe it will make a great match but then to have him loose and big Jackson get embarrassed that easily. I made no sense. I hope something comes from this to make them look better than they did last night.

Also, Where's David Hart Smith?

well perhaps henry's getting a push before he retires (which i hope he does) and everyone has to start somewhere, you cant just bring a big guy in and have him make a huge impact, oh wait. . taker, khali, sheamus, barrett. . . nevermind, i dont know then

A few things came to mind as I watched this last night.

First of all, Jackson Andrew's never looked like anything special to me. In fact, I hate his generic appearance and he's too small to be a big guy. Yes, he is tall, but he has a very lanky build overall. Even my wife, who barely watches wrestling commented "he doesn't look like a wrestler."

I was surprised when Mark Henry not only beat Tyson Kidd, but also gave Andrews a World's Strongest Slam. I assumed that Kidd would get the victory to further the WWE's attempt to make him somewhat important, and a possibly mid-carder; Especially when Kidd and Byran had their little chat before the match.

I was even more surprised when Henry delivered his finisher to Andrews who is suppose to be the big and intimidating. Before Henry hit the World's Strongest Slam, you could tell how green Andrews is. It appeared as if Andrews couldn't even figure out how to Irish Whip Henry.

I imagine that we have seen the end of Jackson Andrews, and I'm very much OK with that.

Given his name, and the amount of hatred/apathy due to his generic appearance (If it weren't for TNA, I probably would've thought he was Matt Morgan), I'm thinking they should have saddled him with an Old Hickory-style gimmick; make him crazy and racist and vicious like American President Andrew Jackson was. Make him carry a hickory cane around. When someone tries to ambush the guy he's protecting, make him beat the shit out of the attacker with the cane.

I was surprised as well last night to flip back to Raw just to see Andrews get powersammed by Henry. It was on this forum just a week or so go that someone got bashed for recommending that WWE instead use Shad Gaspard in the bodyguard role. It was said that it wouldn't work because Shad had been jobbing to everyone lately. Well, off to a good start WWE. Why not have him go up against ANYONE else instead of Henry? The whole thing just didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. It almost makes more sense for them to have forgone the whole Hart Dynasty thing and have Kid(d?) debut before with DHS as his bodyguard, instead of flushing YET ANOTHER tag team down the commode and creating two mediocre wrestlers. Just my two cents anyway.

I didn't mind that Mark Henry beat him at all, they are heels they gotta lose or win dirty I'm sure they'll get back Mark Henry down the line and Jackson has to start somewhere with a feud I'm sure Henry wont mind putting him over they'll possibly even do the whole OMG he's so strong he lifted Mark Henry thing again.....I think ya just gotta give it some time....seeing him out there did remind me of Diesle and plenty of big guys have came in and made an impact as soon as you see them and then after a while they are either gone or become jobbers themselves I guess they are just trying to show that the guy is human and can lose rather than making him look over powered and then when he finally loses it looks dumb....just my thoughts at the moment if I offend anyone or whatever meh.....everyone has an opinion and I see nothing wrong with anyone voice thiers.....

Jeez, bandwagon jumpers.

As with everything that happens in WWE, you must give it time to play out before you judge it so pessimistically. The little run-in between Bryan and Kidd before the match was not for nothing. They are setting something up here. Jackson Andrews will not be future endeavored because he got beat up on Raw, that's just stupid.

I'm thinking this just lights a fire in both Kidd and his new Diesel-like bodygaurd. Perhaps they come out next week and just destroy Henry, showing Andrews dominance as a big man. Vince has a hard-on for these guys we all know that so I'm sure he has something in minf for Andrews so take a breath before you guys get all bent out of shape.

I don't think anyone is really jumping the gun per se, I mean Kidd losing isn't that big a deal given the size difference and he can get that win back, but the bodyguards aura has been destroyed for no reason in his 3rd appearance.

Jackson is a green new big man. Why do the predictable thing and have him crush a staple like Mark Henry in their first encounter?

It's been annoying the past several years how WWE takes these young guys and just pushes them too fast. I love that they put Mark Henry over last night. Of course, in the long run it should be Jackson Andrews that goes over but they don't have to do it in one week. Build a program between them and let it culminate with Andrews and Tyson Kidd looking like the more powerful force.

Jeez, have some patience and enjoy the show. Mark Henry is too big a dude to just get beat down all the time. He deserves some credibility, too.

I'm still trying to understand what exactly happened last night on RAW. Tyson cut a promo on Bryan saying he is going be a top contender gunning for the U.S. Title... and then he fought Mark Henry and got splattered. To follow it up, Tyson's gi-normous body guard got squashed by Mark Henry too...

I think Tyson Kidd has a lot of potential, but maybe he isn't being booked as a heel in the proper way. Did the WWE drop the ball with him last night? They had an opportunity to rip apart the World's Strongest Man and they failed, especially after cutting an oh-so-threatening promo on the U.S. Champ.

Where do you see Tyson Kidd going heading into the new year?
How can his gimmick of being a cowardice heel with a bodyguard[much like Christian with Tyson Tomko] be improved?

Mark my words WWE will regret in the long run for splitting up the Hart Dynasty. They have no Tag teams to begin with so it didn't help. At first I thought it was a potential push for him but haven't we seen this enough, where a wrestler breaks away from someone and gets a bodyguard like The Brain Kendrick and eventually gets released. He will probably be released soon, I think he has potential he could be a decent mid-carder but WWE has to see something in him, not us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back