• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best little man and big man combo/duo/bodygaurd/team ever?!!!

• Shawn Michaels and Diesel/Kevin Nash

• Shawn Michaels and Sid Vicious

• X-Pac (123 Kid/Syxx-Pac/Sean Waltman) and Kane

• Kid Kash and Abyss

• Kid Kash and Dallas/Lance Hoyt

• Christan and Tyson Tomko

• Jimmy Rave and Lance Hoyt

• Miz and Big Show

• Tyson Kidd and Jackson Andrews

• Other (please list other duos if chosen)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xtreme_Animlas2314

Pre-Show Stalwart

Shawn Michaels and Diesel/Kevin Nash
Shawn Michaels and Sid Vicious
X-Pac (123 Kid/Syxx-Pac/Sean Waltman) and Kane
Kid Kash and Abyss
Kid Kash and Dallas/Lance Hoyt
Christan and Tyson Tomko
Jimmy Rave and Lance Hoyt
Miz and Big Show
Tyson Kidd and Jackson Andrews

This hit me when Tyson Kidd brought his new bodygaurd/back up on RAW this past week. It got me thinking of the old days how the smaller wrestler used the big man as some type of bodygaurd and even at times as partner in matches. Theirs been a few that I really enjoyed the pairing and some not soo much.

Even though Tyson Kidd and Jackson Andrews are a new duo. Do you think its going to last or benefit anyone? I think it will especially getting Kidd over more as a heel. I just hope they don't rush anything into any type of title picture yet. Kidd and DH could probably go at least end of this year. Then some how get him envolve Daniel Bryan and the US title picture but of course not winning the title but get Daniel some beat down using Andrews. OR They go another way which I hope they don't by going after the tag team titles which Kidd has already done and needs to move on into single career while Andrews slowly get over by the fans in the mean time.

The big one that stands out in my mind is of course the pairing of Shawn Michaels and Diesel/Kevin Nash & Shawn Michaels and Sid Vicious. Shawn with any of these two just fit right but they all ended about the same way. I think it helped Shawn a bit especially during the feuds they were together or facing one of another.

Also, didn't mind these three together X-Pac (123 Kid/Syxx-Pac/Sean Waltman) and Kane, Kid Kash and Abyss, & Kid Kash and Dallas/Lance Hoyt. I wish that either Kid Kash's partner or bodygaurd would've lasted longer then what it did. During this time I believe Kash was having problems with TNA management at the time anyways. I thought they worked well together.

Christan and Tyson Tomko duo was pretty entertaining as well at times. They didn't do as well as some people thought they should have in WWE or TNA. Especially, in TNA it felt like something was missing when they were together. Before the two left in WWE and before they both arrived in TNA, it was cool but didn't have a big impact.

What were your favorites duo that came together?

If you can pair a smaller wrestler with any big wrestler, who would it be?

Please give thoughts and list other duos that I may have missed mentioning at all.

Thought they didn't last long, I have to vote for The Mega Powers. It's easy to forget that Hogan was nearly half a foot taller than Savage. At the time they were a pretty unique tag team with very different ring styles. I almost didn't vote for them since they spent more time feuding than actually tagging, but considering a few of the teams who you nominated I thought I could slip them in.

I went w/ Michaels and Big Daddy Cool Diesel.

These two guys were pretty unstopable together. Diesel was the perfect bodyguard for a while. Their partnership turned into a memorable feud as well.

I may have voted for Yokozuna and Owen Hart if it was on the list.

owen_yoko.jpg

Kendrick and Jackson is another one, but personally i always enjoyed X-Pac and Kane. It was a really bizarre contrast of styles, whereas normally in these duos they at least have similar characters if not move sets.

I mean, HBK and Diesel, basically 'cool' guys who know they're cool and hype it.

X-Pac and Kane? X-Pac the DX member who's telling people to suck it and spouting off about this that and the other, and Kane who barely says 2 words and is dark and brooding.

But i still always liked their work, because it was never Kane constantly bailing X-Pac out like most big/litte men duos, X-Pac was willing to dive head first against Taker and Show and wouldn't even tag Kane in!

So they'd be my favourite.

Out of the choices above, I picked the Two Dudes With Attitude. I think this pick was due to the success they had, compared to the rest of the list. The were the “Triple Crown” Team, if you will, with Big Daddy Cool as WWF Champion, HBK as Intercontinental Champion, and together as WWF Tag Team Champions. Nothing against Bob Backlund and Pedro Morales, but these Two Dudes With Attitude were the original Two-Man Power Trip.

Shawn Michaels and Diesel was the model of the little man/ big man combo. That said everyone that came after including Shawn Michaels and Sid was just a copy of that without the true chemestry Nash and Michaels had working together. Also Michaels and Diesel was probably the longest lasting combo of a little/big man team, for some reason that combo doesn't have a long shelf life, and usually ends in that group imploding and the little guy going over the big guy. (Unless its Xpac/Kane where Xpac was the heel.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back