• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Possible Futures Of Kidd & Gabriel

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to a report at F4WOnline.com, the WWE has quietly decided to let the tag team of Kidd & Gabriel fade away for the time being. The report alleges that WWE has a singles push in mind for Gabriel, as indicated by his defeat of Antonio Cesaro in a non-title match this past Monday on Raw. As for Tyson Kidd, the report states that there's talk of putting him in a tag team with Evan Bourne once Bourne is ready to return to action.

This could all change at the drop of a hat. Several months back, it was reported that Tyson Kidd was in line for a singles push but it's never come around. The relatively few times I've seen Kidd & Gabriel, I've been impressed with them as a team. It's a shame to see them break up when there's so much potential there.

At the same time, however, the idea of Kidd & Bourne as a team sounds intriguing. To me, this team definitely has more of a Motor City Machine Guns type of vibe about them as both Kidd & Bourne are on the smaller side and are able to work at a super fast pace.

To me, Evan Bourne's future remains up in the air. Bourne was in a good place at the beginning of this year and was in the midst of a decent push as one half of the tag team champions. Because of two violations of the policy within a three month period, you have to assume that Bourne won't get pushed in anyway again. At the same time, however, there has to be some reason why WWE hasn't let Bourne go. I think the VAST majority of us were expecting him to be future endeavored a long time ago. WWE hasn't been as hard nosed about this kind of thing as they used to be due to the toll it's sometimes taken on storyline ideas, so maybe Bourne has a second chance coming.

As for Gabriel, as of right now, everything about the guy screams mid-card star. I don't look for him to rise any higher than the mid-card but, who knows, maybe the guy will be a surprise.

So much for "International Airstrike". They never even got to use their name. Gabriel seems like the type who would make it to a midcard title but then be stuck at the midcard tier forever. Similar to Kofi's problem only Kofi is way better at promos. I would rather see the team remain together, but if these ideas do end up happening then Gabriel will make a good Intercontinental or United States Champion. I highly doubt he will make it any further than that.

Tyson teaming with Bourne in the future if they go that route will be fun to watch. They would need some help in the promo department but could easily excite the crowd in any given match. That is a team I look forward to seeing. A title run with the giant pennies is a possibility, especially by the time Hell No's run has died down. It makes sense for WWE to split up International Airstrike early in favor of these ideas, it benefits both members of the team as well as Bourne who will need something to do upon his return if he is not going to get back together with Kofi in Air Boom.

I'm disappointed. I liked them as a team, and I loved their name. However, I'm very high on Gabriel and I think in the future he can have a John Morrison type role. Where he is t'words the top of the card, occasionally in title matches, but he's never gonna win lol.

He hasn't had much mic time, so I don't know how he is there, but he is one of WWE's best in ring workers, and he has a look the ladies like. I would actually like to see him turn heel with a narcissistic type gimmick, but he's super over so I don't see it happening.

A team between Evan Bourne and Tyson Kidd will be great, i don't know if they will become tag team champions right away, but they definitly will in the future, as for Gabriel, people are saying that he will never get passed the mid card, i don't know about that, i mean, i used to think the same about several superstars, and now they are top dawgs, i used to think the same about guys like Eddie Guerrero, CM Punk, Edge, Daniel Bryan, and even Shawn Michaels when he split from the Rockers, if given the proper chance i think Justin Gabriel might surprise us, they need to put him in a few high profile matches on Raw to see how he can handle himself against the top guys and go from there, if he can then give him a proper push, if he can't then see where he goes, just an idea........

If they are gonna split Gabriel & Kidd up, it would be better if Tyson got the singles push and they paired Justin with Evan instead. Tyson Kidd has some potential as a singles superstar, the guy isn't great on the mic but he's definitely better than Gabriel on the stick. Actually from the last few times I've seen him talk, I've felt he has been improving and I was impressed with how he managed to punk out Antonio Cesaro on the mic on two occassions when he interrupted him, so I think he can carry himself on his own just fine, but Gabriel is bland & generic and has got no personality at all, he only ever gets over on his ring skills alone. Plus didn't Tyson Kidd score an upset on Tensai and get into the Money In The Bank match a couple of months ago? Why are they not capitalizing on that and continuing to push him? It would make more sense to continue pushing Kidd than to push a guy who's been stuck on Superstars for the last two years. And I think Gabriel & Bourne together could make a much more exciting team since their styles are more similar and what a hell of a team finisher they could both come up with, what with Gabriel using the 450 Splash and Bourne using the Shooting Star Press. If it's possible, just imagine a 450 (to the body) & Shooting Star Press (to the face) being hit on a superstar both at the same time.

Well personally I don't think Justin Gabriel deserves any kind of singles push & both Kidd & Bourne are miles beyond Gabriel in terms of performers or in terms of who should recieve a push.

Obviously as stated above Tyson Kidd got a "singles push" leading into MitB & had a short lived feud with Tensai, who had his own problems leading to both of them drifting into WWE space.

If the reports are true & Gabriel is recieving a push & is officially spliting off from Kidd then I think a Kidd/Bourne team is probably the best idea. Kidd is a great performer & Bourne will need something positive & somewhat relevant to return to, whenever or if he does.

If I was Vinnie Mac I'd keep "International Airstrike" together & give one final push to Bourne, not only because I believe he has the most potential but because VKM will probably want to test Bournes trust & integrity with the company. If that fails VKM still has two highflyers to fill his spot in Gabriel & Kidd.

I really liked International Airstrike, and I thought they'd be a good team to try for the Tag Team Titles on a PPV and put up a good effort, but lose. They could put on a very good match, and they were entertaining.

Personally I think Kidd could be a much bigger star than Justin Gabriel, and I think Gabriel & Bourne would fit much, much better as a team. They're both flashy, spot-loving, highflyers, and Kidd can tell a good story in the ring, so I think they got their roles mixed up.

But right now I think they're pushing Gabriel towards a shot at the United States Championship against Cesaro, and they have nothing for Kidd, so we'll see.

It'll be more down to his marketability in South Africa than anything else as to why it's Gabriel not Kidd getting the push. Canadian stars are two a penny, but a "local hero" will mean big business on those African tours alongside Kofi who was billed from Ghana.

I see Gabriel being a long term Rey level star, not getting the big titles unless something drastic happens, but always around the top of the card. Mic wise, his accent will always be harder for some to understand, just like with Drew. A lot of people get bad reps for being "bad on the mic" when in reality it's just Americans not understanding their accent as well as a native workers.

I am going to agree with a couple of people who said it already. I think the move to make is Tyson going solo and Bourne and Gabriel as the tag team. I think Tyson is much more capeable of working a singles match than Gabriel who I feel is really best at executing exciting spots. Tyson is the better all around worker and has better promos (thought that is the weakest part of his game).

Gabriel might have a better "look" and more exciting finisher but I think the Bourne/Gabriel tag team has more mass appeal as a team (kids will eat their move set up) and just have a better chance to be that Motor City Machine Gun/Kendrick and London niche that I think WWE is clearly trying to create.

Maybe they should just wait for Alex Shelly to get there and put him with Bourne.

I can't see any of the two do something relevant apart from a relatively small run in the midcard, specially being in singles competition. However they can have good tv time if they work in the tag division. Justin Gabriel has the best look, but Tyson Kidd is the better performer.

I can't see Justin Gabriel winning the United States Championship anytime this year, he isn't even a character. He has a cool nickname, but it doesn't even mean anything. Give him a relevant gimmick, make him interesting instead of being a plain generic higflyer. I also think that if they want to break them apart, they should make them at least fight once on a SmackDown TV Show for instance.

Tyson Kidd won some matches against Tensai, but they didn't even work that. Tyson had a lot of hype going into Money In The Bank, but Dolph Ziggler stole the show and Tyson didn't actually do anything cool. I can't see him going anywhere being the generic thecnical wrestler 2.0.

If they stay as a team they can work with the likes of Mysterio/Cara, Rhodes/Sandow, 3MB and be both heels or faces. They can be Anti-Americans, which is a gimmick that we don't actually see it nowadays. They need a sucessfull run in the tag divison to be relevant in singles competition, in any other way I can't see any of them be relevant to even wear championship gold.

Several months back, it was reported that Tyson Kidd was in line for a singles push but it's never come around.

Just once, I'd love to sit in on a Creative meeting. It would be terrific to finally know whether they have coherent, logical plans or whether they just bounce things off one another with no real logic to it, changing policies and direction at the drop of a hat. Or, maybe they create solid game plans, only to see Vince McMahon put a halt to everything they come up with ......thereby driving these poor people crazy with the sudden changes they're forced to implement after thinking they have a working plan in place. I mean, who really knows?

Tyson Kidd is one of the best ring workers I've ever seen. He can work with anyone and possesses the skills, timing and physique to do whatever he wants to in the ring. The problem is that management can't decide what to do with him and stick with it. I figured he'd be released from his contract shortly after Harry Smith was let go. When that didn't happen, I figured he'd be a low-card performer forever, a jobber to the stars. Then, they crossed us up by seeming to start a push, then abandoning it as quickly as it originated. What's been happening to Tyson Kidd is indicative of what I mean by wishing to see what really happens at Creative meetings. Whomever is bouncing guys like Tyson Kidd around ought to make up their minds and remember that these chess pieces they're pushing around the board are actually human beings.

As for the other two guys: Justin Gabriel is like Tyson Kidd; a career mid-carder who occasionally gets promised a push, that may or may not materialize. He isn't going to the top and I'm continually surprised to read the posts of people that expect him to.

Evan Bourne is another perennial mid-carder, one who can't stop putting barriers in his own path. If the company no longer trusts him to be a productive long-term asset, you can hardly blame them.

tyson kidd should be the one getting pushed. he had a great reaction from the crowd a while back when he beat albert. hes a better technical wrestler than gabriel as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back