• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tyson Kidd and that HUGE dude (Jackson Andrews)

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
Looks like we have another Raw debut. Tyson Kidd has a new bodyguard in the seven-foot giant named Jackson Andrews.

jackson_andrews.jpg

I really like this move. Tyson is a small guy and might have been sent into Evan Bourne land. However, the WWE is giving him a fair shake and pairing him up with Andrews to counter-balance his lack of size. I think this pairing will do WONDERS for his character. Kidd is actually very good in the ring and it would be a shame for him to not be able to showcase that and get a fair run at a decent storyline and gimmick.

What do you guys think of this?

I think this could really help Tyson.

Having a 7 ft. monster by your side, tends to intimidate your opponets. I know it would intimidate me. After seeing how he man-handled DHS, I would stay away.

Tyson will probaly start to act more cocky and arrogant since he knows that no matter who tries to attack him, his bodyguard is there to protect him. Maybe this could help him with his mic skills (in a way).

I could definately see Kidd falling down the card in an Evan Bourne type way. With his new bodyguard, it looks less likely.

I hope to see Tyson dominate the mid-card and maybe get a US Title shot.

As soon as this happened, I thought of the old Desiel/Shawn Michaels pairing back in the 90s. Shawn Michaels was a heel that was just to small to get around on his own. Just like how Tyson is trying to survive in a big man's world. Jackson moved around like no other giant I've seen in a while. He wasn't Khali clumsy either. I haven't been this intrigued by Tysion Kidd since his days in WWECW.

Nice decision to put over Tyson as a major mid card heel. Which is more than I can say for DH Smith. I predict a future Intercontinental or United States title reign in the future. Just imagine Daniel Bryan vs. Tyson Kidd. Just a great thought. He's got the talent and in ring ability, he's heel and he's got a HUGE dude standing beside him to keep us in awe. I see nothing but bright things in Tyson's future.

i have to admit it did look a lot like the situation with Shawn Michaels bringing in Diesel as his bodyguard back in the early/mid 90's. Tyson is very talented and I think he can have what it takes. Although big dude looked very nervous, hopefully he can brake out of that and not be another big dude that comes and goes as we've seen more often than not.

I really hope they dont start burying DH Smith as I like multi generation stars. I do however like what they are doing with Tyson and think it could lead to him a major push in the future.

As soon as this happened, I thought of the old Desiel/Shawn Michaels pairing back in the 90s. Shawn Michaels was a heel that was just to small to get around on his own.

I thought the same thing. Hopefully, we'll just see Tyson succeed and not Tyson turning on the guy and the guy winning the championship. I also hope he's not another generic big guy who only talks about how he's going to crush everyone.

I would still prefer the hart dynasty stick together. Even if it's one of those teams that the guys are rivals with each other like matt and mvp a few years back.

I had to look twice at this guy because he looked alot like Big Sexy back in the 90's. I mean this dude was huge I thought when he got his hands on DH Smith i thought i was gonna see a Jack Knife powerbomb. I think if Tyson can deliever on the mike we could see a good fued down the road, like the one michaels had with martty to maybe a US or IC title match. Which would be Awesome to see. I am just hoping that Tyson doesn't take the path of The Brian Kendrick and just fade after a title match and end up in TNA doing nothing expect being like some kind of Jedi dude talking in riddles i mean really what the fuck is that dude saying when he talks.

I think Tyson was always a standout in The Hart Dynasty, he is talented and can talk on the mic, and have his own body guard will make him someone in the midcard to not to be messed with, but the good thing is WWE is pushing most of its talent on RAW which is fantastic as it not only gives Tyson time to shine but others.

I just love it when good history repeats itself! When Tyson first started he was a heel and I saw greatness in him, then he formed a team that I knew would eventually turn face. I was doubtful at first but The Hart Dynasty really got over as a face team but I always felt that Tyson Kidd would max his potential only as a heel.

When HBK brought in Diesel, it really boosted his career, he became one of the greatest heels in the business. I really think this will jumpstart Tyson's career, yea he's small but "he may be the best pound for pound wrestlers on the roster" said by Chick Magnet Punk :D

What really stood out for me was just how much they don't give a crap about David Hart Smith.The whole set up with Jackson Andrews is an opportuity for Tyson to either sink or swim,but at least he's being given options.They could have put Andrews in NXT4 or any other (more prominent) midcard heel, but it says alot that they would pair him up with Kidd.Even if this HBK/Big Sexy '10/'11 bombs, it speaks volumes that Creative would actually put some effort into Kidd's character(and give him the responsibility of helping to get Andrews over).

I think this could really help Tyson.

Having a 7 ft. monster by your side, tends to intimidate your opponets. I know it would intimidate me. After seeing how he man-handled DHS, I would stay away.

Tyson will probaly start to act more cocky and arrogant since he knows that no matter who tries to attack him, his bodyguard is there to protect him. Maybe this could help him with his mic skills (in a way).

I like this move, its just the regular cocky little guy with a big bodyguard to back him up, like HBK and Diesel and Brian Kendrick and Ezeikel Jackson.

I think this can only be good for Kidd, as it shows WWE has an idea of what they want to do with him, instead of just letting him rot in the lower mid card, like Ryder and Hawkins when they split up.

I dont know how good Andrews is in the ring, but he looks tough and intimidating so having him as a bodyguard is probably the best role he could have. All he needs to do is just beat the crap out of Kidds opponent when the refs back is turned and we are on to a winner here

This is a brillant move because like all the others mention before the first thing I thought when Kidd and Andrews came out was its HBK/Diesel and that brought in thoughts of how great that angle was.

Now with this being said I hope WWE creative doesn't do what they seem to be doing with everything lately and thats rushing through angles not giving anything time to grow and develop.

If they don't this can lead to epic matches and angles involving both Kidd and Andrews.

If they do, not only will they have drowned DHS' career but Kidd's will have a very heavy anchor attached to it. Andrews will get another chance because he's got the one thing the WWE will always cherish... Size

Wasn't this the guy who was supposed to be in NXT season 4 but they deemed him unready. If so it would seem strange thjat they'd take him straight to raw....nah but not really I guess, I mean on NXT he'd have to survive using his own charisma which may not be all too possible, but having him in the corner of a promising heel like kidd who can talk might get him over so it could prove to be a very good move for both guys. I don't really see DH benefitting though, mind you he is quite a good wrestler so he will probably be one of thosesmackdown guys who spends most of their time on superstars.

Jason Andrews looks like the type of guy that could bring a fair amount of things to WWE. However like mentioned back in another thread about him, we haven't really seen anything from him in terms of promo abilities. He'd serve an alright body guard, however the whole deal between the two would add nothing if he can't cut a promo either. Because let's face it - Tyson can't cut one if it was to save his damn life.

But he's big, he's muscular, he's most likely on Vince's bonerific list. And I'm guessing this will mean quite a bit for him in the future.

I think it's a fun little idea and in some way or another,we're gonna soon see CLB 2.0. Tell me this doesn't remind you of Christian and Tomko. Maybe they'll turn NAtalya and she can be Trish for awhile. I still don't think they should have broken up,but maybe they'll make this split work.

it's def a good look with some nostalgia to it as i'm already a fan of TK's....i wonder what AJ's finisher is going to be.

I really hope they dont start burying DH Smith

unfortunately he is doing a fine job burying himself

What really stood out for me was just how much they don't give a crap about David Hart Smith

no disrespect to you at all in any shape form or fashion....but what is even half of a reason they should give a crap about him?......he's the bulldog's son and he doesn't even do a good job of portraying something that he actually is....how can you not be good at playing the role of yourself?....his inring work is just horrible.....i personally WANT to like the guy and each time i see him it's like a plague spreading fast.....DH might wanna go the heel route too cuz he's drowning in the shallow end right now.

The moment I saw the guy I thought of Shawn Michaels and Diesel from 94.

This could end up with Tyson having success in the WWE. If you want to compare small guys with big guys his success could mirror Shawn Michaels and Diesel without Kidd winning the WWE Title but success with competing for the US Title.

But it could be a situation of The Brian Kendrick and Ezekiel Jackson where it worked for a little bit but then they were split and if that were to happen with Kidd and Andrews, it would be the nail in the coffin for kid as he may not be able to be good heel being all by himself.

it's def a good look with some nostalgia to it as i'm already a fan of TK's....i wonder what AJ's finisher is going to be.

He has a pretty cool variation on a sitout chokeslam, which he'll probably use.

unfortunately he is doing a fine job burying himself

By having good matches?

no disrespect to you at all in any shape form or fashion....but what is even half of a reason they should give a crap about him?

Because he's good in the ring when given a chance to go out there and do his shit

he's the bulldog's son and he doesn't even do a good job of portraying something that he actually is.

How exactly to you portray "son of the British Bulldog" well? He hits the delayed vertical suplex well, even off the middle rope (admittedly he almost botched it last night, but he's done it plenty of times before without doing that)

how can you not be good at playing the role of yourself?

Ask Ted DiBiase, Michael McGillicutty and Husky Harris. Also, he's not got the same personality as his dad, doesn't sound like his dad and has the mic skills of a mute newt.

his inring work is just horrible.

I disagree. Both of his post split matches have been great. You could chalk that up to Kidd, but he's had his share of good matches before he was in the HD. Such as:

[YOUTUBE]YCD1BoFCU04[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]tL9iMpRN7XA[/YOUTUBE]

I personally WANT to like the guy and each time i see him it's like a plague spreading fast.

How about you watch his matches without comparing him to his Father? 'Twould be a start.

DH might wanna go the heel route too cuz he's drowning in the shallow end right now.

He's been doing fine. He gets no reaction, but that's nothing new for him and neither did Kidd last night. After his damn good Superstars with Kidd though, the crowd did react, and rightfully so. He's going nowhere and more than likely he'll end up being more successful than Kidd.

I liked the pairing with Kidd, only because it lets me/us beleive its possible for Kidd to beat Smith in a match now. Rather then watching the "rey beating big show" type of matches that I cant stand seeing.

I really woulda liked WWE to go a different way with Jackson tho, personally. I would have liked to see him paired up with Long Island Iced-Z Zack Ryder. I like his character & acting much more then Kidds. Jackson behind Ryder would be much better in my opinion. Just cuz I think Ryder has more overall potential to shine in the WWE during his career.

i dunno remixie....to each is own i guess.....i watched just about every match he's had on raw and smackdown.....haven't seen his superstar matches so i can't comment on them but hell i've seen enough to be bored to death......i don't want him to be his father although of course that would be nice.....he just is so vanilla to me.....betta yet......he doesn't even have that much flavor to me......he's like faucet water.....i could care less about the crowds reaction to him b/c mine is prob the same or worse......and i don't think i've ever seen him hit the delayed suplex w/o botching it or looking like he was scared stiff or struggling to hold his balance.....i respect your opinions but i can't lie....i did chuckle when i got to the bottom of your post and seen a pic of DH.....pretty hilarious i say.

btw....kidd is a beast on the low.....i dunno....kidd will either become us or ic champ or go to tna and be heavyweight champ.....lol

This is a great thing. In most cases, when a heel gets a bodyguard, hes in line for a decent push.

This could be exactly what Tyson needs to establish himself as more then a tag team wrestler, and possibly get a run at the US title. A series of matches between Kidd and Bryan would be fantastic. Kidd is by far the superior wrestler to Smith, so hes deserving of the push here.

Having Jackson Andrews as his backup virtually ensures he'll get said push. I think this puts him squarely in the US title picture, where he belongs. Andrews seems perfectly capable of manhandling anyone who gets in Kidd's way. This was a great decision.

Tyson is decent on the mic, has great in ring ability, and portrays a good heel for the mid card, having Andrews as his massive bodyguard shows that WWE is going to push Tyson Kidd, they just dont give a bodyguard to anyone. And he is a better wrestler than DH Smith, and hopefully they really can get Tyson over as a good heel.

Sure, why the hell not. Kidd has an obvious lack in size and doesn't quite have the overall good guy appeal that Bourne has to carry himself with. He's good from an in ring perspective which is obviously a large first step and what will ultimately carry him. His mic work, from what we've heard at least, is nothing to write home about but isn't atrocious either. He himself has the skill and looks to at least matter and hold a place on the roster so giving him a bodyguard/enforcer type to tag along with him will probably only help him develop what he already has.

My problem is who those chose. Andrews is so damn vanilla. He's big, he's muscular and looks intimidating...all things that go along with the role he has been given. It wouldn't have hurt to spice things up a bit and give him someone who looked to have character outside of Big Man #315. Zeke had a look and character about him while with Kendrick, Diesel had a great character to bounce off of Shawn. It's obviously a little too early to tell what Andrews is capable of but going by his first appearance alone I don't see anything other than a vanilla looking big man.

Like everyone else had said this feud between Tyson and DH Smith reminds me a lot of the time when HBK had brought in Diesel as his bodyguard.

I really don't think that either of the guys involved in this feud are destined for greatness, though I do not know much about Andrews. He might be the second coming of Rock on the mic for all I know. But niether DH nor Tyson are very good on the mic. I remember when the two of them used to cut promos along with Natalya when they were a part of the Hart Dynasty. It looked as if they were reading from a script. It did not look natural at all.

Also this is a midcard feud in the WWE and I cannot remember the last time a midcard feud meant anything on Raw. I talked about promos but I'm sure there won't be any promo time for either guy on Raw.

I think it would be best if both of them got drafted to Smackdown and resumed their rivalry there.

I have to agree with MONEYMACK. i love wwe giving Andrews the DIESEL bodyguard gimmick, but why not give it to Zack Ryder, or i think he would of been great with a Cody Rhodes before he became "dashing" or my favorite would of been a team of Tarver & Darren young with Jackson Andrews watching thier back.... But it is what it is, i think Tyson could probably get into some better fueds after the draft and nexus split up.i would not mind seeing Justin Gabriel as a face in a fued with Kidd, why big jackson is lurking in the background.

well thats true he will be like tomko and all those big bodyguard who become bad workers . there good for little while they will proplaey be mid card trash

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back