Trump should of brought Smackdown!

timmy872

Pre-Show Stalwart
ok..

The way I see things, this Trump purchase of RAW angle will be just another angle to strengthen Vince's ego and tighten his grip on WWE.
All the BIG angles are ALWAYS done on RAW:
- Vince was killed on RAW
- Million Dollar Mania was on RAW
- Scott Steiner, Goldberg, those other big names had their short stints on RAW,
- The McMahon's are always on RAW
- Flair's retirement angle played out on RAW.
- DX was on RAW
- Stone Cold

The only real things WWE has had on Smackdown is:
- Edge/Vickie
- THe Undertaker's undefeated streak

Off the top of my head thats all I can think of right now. But what if Trump had 'bought' Smackdown instead.
- t's ratings are on their way up
- freshest brand in WWE right now.
- Has some great talent,
- Teddy Long is aboiut as useful as Tiffany

I think it would of been much better, Trump explains how the focus is always on RAW, RAW has been the A show in WWE for too long and Trump plans on making Smackdown WWE's new A show. Smackdown's 10th Anniversary is coming up I think aswell in August so Vince could introduce Smackdown as a real competitor which would in tern put pressure on RAW to improve.

...thoughts?

RAW is the flagship show so everything will go to RAW....always. RAW is Live, and RAW draws the ratings for the company. Having the Trump angle on Smackdown! doesn't make sense. They aren't playing "favorites" between RAW and Smackdown!, RAW is just the flagship show.

Monday night raw is WWE's main attraction so obviously everything worth mentioning will happen on the A show... Smackdown has become know more as a pure wrestling show far less glamor more wrestling which fans like myself have come to aperciate (spelling) so I think the trump angle being played out on Raw was perfect leave the showmanship on Raw and Leave the Pure Wrestling on Smackdown

ok..

The way I see things, this Trump purchase of RAW angle will be just another angle to strengthen Vince's ego and tighten his grip on WWE.
All the BIG angles are ALWAYS done on RAW:
- Vince was killed on RAW
- Million Dollar Mania was on RAW
- Scott Steiner, Goldberg, those other big names had their short stints on RAW,
- The McMahon's are always on RAW
- Flair's retirement angle played out on RAW.
- DX was on RAW
- Stone Cold

The only real things WWE has had on Smackdown is:
- Edge/Vickie
- THe Undertaker's undefeated streak

Off the top of my head thats all I can think of right now. But what if Trump had 'bought' Smackdown instead.
- t's ratings are on their way up
- freshest brand in WWE right now.
- Has some great talent,
- Teddy Long is aboiut as useful as Tiffany

I think it would of been much better, Trump explains how the focus is always on RAW, RAW has been the A show in WWE for too long and Trump plans on making Smackdown WWE's new A show. Smackdown's 10th Anniversary is coming up I think aswell in August so Vince could introduce Smackdown as a real competitor which would in tern put pressure on RAW to improve.

...thoughts?

In theory, I would agree with you ... as I DO NOT support the idea of a Flagship Show. I have argued that point for years, because essentially I think it gives the indirect impression to the viewer that the Flagship Show is the only show worth watching, while the other shows are nothing, but filler.

But, I was under the impression that given today's fans, that the viewers of Smackdown don't like storylines? I was under the impression that they would be satisfied if the show was literally nothing but wrestling matches from the start of the show until the end of the show?

I bet if we would do a poll, the majority of the people who are bashing the Trump angle are regular viewers and fans of Smackdown, as opposed to Raw. I would bet my bottom dollar on that one. So the way I see it, let them have what they want. Let them keep their 15 and 20 minute matches each week and no storylines, while actually Raw gets the angles and storylines.

Even though I hardly watch Raw anymore I think that it still is an importan show and in terms if money even more important than smackdown, why ? Because they started with Raw is War and from that point on all the important stuff happened on Raw because at the beginning there was no Smackdown. Ok times have changed and Smackdown has become equal in terms of wrestling and storylines but not equal in overall attention.

Raw may lack a little bit of direction and common sense these days but I hardly believe the majority of the fans actually care about that because they
are used to Raw being the No.1 show in terms of starpower and McMahon.

So they had Trump buy Raw for the simple reason of attention.
More people are watching Raw and the people that stopped watching Raw years ago might see it in the news that Trump "bought" Raw and might tune back in, it´s businnes 101.

And Trump is somewhat an established name in the WWE because of his appearences and his feud with Vince in 2007.

Now people could argue about how Smackdown has the better wrestlers and so on but Vince is the man who has all the insides after all. ^^

raw makes the most money so if your goin to do this storyline why not on raw it the top show and it's live smackdown not good enough to have the storyline

as it was mentioned, raw is the flagship show, it is live and it is what makes the ratings.

all the mc mahon death storylines were on raw, the million dollar mania with the accident was on raw, special guests are always on raw(very few made appearances on smackdown!). basically, anything that makes your jaw drop followed byt "WTF?" was on raw. they wouldn't do such things on smackdown coz since there are spoiler websites, they would lose the element of surprise. imagine either death storylines or trump buying raw mentioned on a smackdown taping and then on wednesday or later on tuesday, you read the spoilers so when you watch it on friday, when it happens, you won't be surprised. you can also know this by the difference in the quality of matches on raw and smackdown. raw is more of entertainment(because everyone is predictable) where smackdown is more about wrstling rather than show...

that is why it would never work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back