• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tournament Idea

We've tried as hard as we can to narrow it down. No movies pre 1970s either. I think the brackets will work. They're fairly well balanced out.

So that elimates just about anything Hitchcock did in his entire film making career then, nice, lets not give credit to one of the greatest film makers in history, good idea:thumbsup::rolleyes:

We thought about it, but in the end we thought that the majority of the people here wouldn't know enough about movies from that era to appreciate them. It leaves out Jimmy Stewart also, which bothers me. There's a ton of classics that we had to leave out. Also no movies from this year.

I think dead wrestlers should be involved though.
I know you're afraid of the Eddie/Owen votes, but just have to hope people are smarter than that.
Actually I'm more afraid of people not giving Benoit the credit he deserves. Another reason that dead wrestlers won't be involved is this.
IrishCanadian25 said:
We do have a "Tournament of the Dead" brewing, where only deceased wrestlers are involved - a tad morbid, but still.
DOn't know if he wanted me to post that but here it is anyway.

Actually I'm more afraid of people not giving Benoit the credit he deserves. Another reason that dead wrestlers won't be involved is this.
I don't think you'll have to worry about that. I'd say put them in, else you won't have a true Legends tourny.

I don't think you'll have to worry about that. I'd say put them in, else you won't have a true Legends tourny.
You got a point, I may add some of them. I don't know how it would effect IC25's "Tournament of the Dead" though

So that elimates just about anything Hitchcock did in his entire film making career then, nice, lets not give credit to one of the greatest film makers in history, good idea:thumbsup::rolleyes:

Out of all the Hitchcock films, Psycho is the only one that would get any votes. It wouldn't get people talking either. It would be eliminated easily by Batman & Robin.

Ideally I would have made the first one a superhero/comic movie tournament only. That way you can guarantee it'll get a reaction.

Which is the exact reason we didn't allow movies from this year in. I refuse to allow Dark Knight to beat Godfather or Schindler's List 40-2.

schindlers_list_red_dress.jpg

Coat

2.jpg

Dress

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo