• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NCAA Basketball Conference Tournament and Selection Show LD

Wow, weird seeding this year. What the hell did the Pac 10 do to deserve 4 teams?

We MASSACRED Florida today and beat them twice this season and they're a TWO while Uk is a FOUR??? BYU is ranked under Florida. What in the fucking hell???

Also, Sugarloaf is right VT gets nothing ever. Harvard was a good enough team to draw a play-in game, as was Bama. Well, have fun in the NIT again.

Everything KB says echos my sentiments. St. Mary's also got robbed. Plain and simple.

We came into today ranked 16, they came in ranked 12. We ran them off the court and they're 2 seeds ahead of us? Explain THAT.

At least UK is in the tourney and has a good draw. I'm more mad about St. Mary's not being in. I can understand how they should be questionable, but still...

This is why I think some conferences should have to work to determine wether they get an automatic bid for the winner. If the Big West has a team that wins the conference but doesn't have as good of a resume as the runner-up in the West Coast Conference, the WCC team shouldn't get snubbed because the BW team wins. Winning a conference does not automatically equal being good enough to play with the the best.

"If Colorado and Virginia Tech can't get in under these circumstances, they will NEVER get in."

Sad but true. Ladies and gentlemen, I officially predict a Colorado-VT NIT Championship.

We came into today ranked 16, they came in ranked 12. We ran them off the court and they're 2 seeds ahead of us? Explain THAT.

You've seen my sig, so I have to chime in here. After today's loss, I was expecting a 3 seed for Florida. That would have been 1 seed ahead of Kentucky and that's how it should have been. Florida's RPI and quality wins were better than Kentucky's and they had split their regular season matchups. I figured the loss basically put us at a 3 and maybe even a 4, but a high RPI and a weak tournament showing from other top schools put Florida at a 2.

I know Florida lost today, but on their road to Kentucky, they beat Tennessee and Vanderbilt, 2 solid teams. Had they bowed out early in the tourney, their ranking would have been adversely affected.

I stand by the fact that Florida should have been a 3, but it's the strongest resume Florida has had in a long time with a lot of quality wins throughout the year and the committee rewarded that. Seedings are not based on conference tourneys. If they were, Pitt would be nowhere near a 1 seed.

I honestly don't give a crap about Colorado or Virginia tech. Who honestly cares about the 11 or 12 seed that won't get out of the first weekend. Win more games in the regular season.

Kentucky went 2-1 vs Florida but it isn't all about head to head games. Florida had a better overall record, better conference record, higher rpi, better sos, better record vs the rpi top 50. All that combined makes them an ok 2 seed. They would have been a 3 at the worst.

You've seen my sig, so I have to chime in here. After today's loss, I was expecting a 3 seed for Florida. That would have been 1 seed ahead of Kentucky and that's how it should have been. Florida's RPI and quality wins were better than Kentucky's and they had split their regular season matchups. I figured the loss basically put us at a 3 and maybe even a 4, but a high RPI and a weak tournament showing from other top schools put Florida at a 2.

I know Florida lost today, but on their road to Kentucky, they beat Tennessee and Vanderbilt, 2 solid teams. Had they bowed out early in the tourney, their ranking would have been adversely affected.

I stand by the fact that Florida should have been a 3, but it's the strongest resume Florida has had in a long time with a lot of quality wins throughout the year and the committee rewarded that. Seedings are not based on conference tourneys. If they were, Pitt would be nowhere near a 1 seed.
UK beat Tennessee, Florida (x2), Vandy and Notre Dame. Florida's big win is who? Kansas State? The team that was watching on the couch to make sure they get here? Bullshit.

UK beat Tennessee, Florida (x2), Vandy and Notre Dame. Florida's big win is who? Kansas State? The team that was watching on the couch to make sure they get here? Bullshit.

Florida beat Vandy twice, Tennessee 3 times, Kentucky, Xavier, Kansas State, and Morehead State who is a tournament team.

Florida beat Vandy twice, Tennessee 3 times, Kentucky, Xavier, Kansas State, and Morehead State who is a tournament team.

And Florida State who is in the tournament and always dangerous. I'm not downing Kentucky at all and I don't think a 4 seed is anything to scoff at. Like I said, it should have been a 1 seed difference with Florida a 3 and Kentucky a 4. Given Florida's better conference record and such, I think that's fair. As a Florida fan, I like this team, but after a loss I wasn't sure we deserved a 2. Again though, the schedule wasn't easy and both Kentucky and Florida should be dangerous in the tourney.

I honestly don't give a crap about Colorado or Virginia tech. Who honestly cares about the 11 or 12 seed that won't get out of the first weekend. Win more games in the regular season.

Virginia Tech beat Duke near the end of the season and went farther than expected in the ACC tournament. Yeah, they lost their last 2 games of the year at home, and that's most likely the reason that they're an easily predictable #1 seed in the NIT. But the committee has absolutely NO excuse for Colorado. Colorado deserved their spot and there's no going around that. Plus, have you heard anything about UAB or VCU at all this year? Of course not. Did they win their conference championships? Of course not. Sure, they're good teams, but IMO you have to be good AND noteworthy to play with the big boys.

I would rather watch a loss by my Hokies in the 1st round of the NCAA tourney than an NIT Championship banner in the rafters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back