NCAA Basketball Conference Tournament and Selection Show LD

Has zero to do with where UK is. I could live with them being a 4 as that might be high even for them. Florida as a 2, over BYU, equal to San Diego St, UNC and Notre Dame does not work, period.

Either BYU, Syracuse or UConn should have over Florida.

And spare me your bullshit stats as I have no patience to sit through your babbling while you make a fool of yourself again.

Either BYU, Syracuse or UConn should have over Florida.

And spare me your bullshit stats as I have no patience to sit through your babbling while you make a fool of yourself again.

I already explained BYU. UConn lost 9 games and only went .500 in the Big East. Syracuse finished the season 8-7 and how you play late is a big part of seeding. And how exactly am I making a fool of myself? My opinion is completely unbiased and based off of actual thinking. Yours is based off hatred of one of your favorite teams rival. The only one making a fool of themselves is you.

So they did worse against better competition? The SEC is weak this year to say the least. How they played late? They lost to us two weeks ago and got run off the court by us today. They were ranked 12 before the 16 point loss and their reward is a jump to a 2 seed and a first round game in Tampa. Got it.

So they did worse against better competition? The SEC is weak this year to say the least. How they played late? They lost to us two weeks ago and got run off the court by us today. They were ranked 12 before the 16 point loss and their reward is a jump to a 2 seed and a first round game in Tampa. Got it.

You just ignored every other game Florida played late in the year. Two wins over Vandy, two over Tennessee, one over Georgia, one over Bama (by 27 points). Since February 1st, the ONLY two games Florida lost were to Kentucky, with one obviously being in the tournament final. That's late season success. 10-2 since the start of February. That's pretty good. It's convenient that you talk about the Kentucky losses like it determines the rest of how Florida has played. The thing is, I'm telling you both teams are dangerous, you are continuing to argue like it's not close. Be fair, these are the two best teams in the SEC that matched up in the tournament final. Both deserve high seeds, and certainly Florida does given their success in the conference (13-3 in regular season SEC games) and a few big out of conference wins. Had they not lost a couple of awful ones early to UCF and Jacksonville, I really doubt there would be an argument as to whether this team deserved at least a 3 seed.

Remember though, I keep saying 3 seed would have been fine and they are slightly overranked as a 2. You talk like they deserved and 8. Thing is, nobody that's a 3 is that great as Big Sexy said. Thus, Florida kinda got the 2 by default.

They deserved a 3 at the very highest. BYU should get the 2 by default, but I guess that would hurt ratings or something. All I have are the CBS and ESPN analysts and various members of the Hall of Fame agreeing with me though. What would I know?

They deserved a 3 at the very highest. BYU should get the 2 by default, but I guess that would hurt ratings or something. All I have are the CBS and ESPN analysts and various members of the Hall of Fame agreeing with me though. What would I know?

I heard just as many analysts that said they were fine with Florida as a two seed. There's obviously going to be disagreement but to say they don't deserve a 2 seed is wrong.

Lol, coming from a guy who hasn't really shown anything to prove one of the 3 seeds deserved it more then them.

Other than them being ranked 12th, having no major wins, playing in a weak conference, getting run off the court today, and yet somehow moving from 12th in the polls to the top 8 spots in the country despite a loss. Lunardi had them at a 3 coming into today and they lose to move up.

Other than them being ranked 12th,

The polls don't decide seeds. You said UConn deserved a 2 seed over them and they were ranked 21 in the polls. Florida got double digit wins over Tennessee and Vandy since the last polls.

playing in a weak conference

Probably around the third best conference along with the Big 12 behind only the Big East and Big Ten.

getting run off the court today

One game doesn't define a season.
Lunardi had them at a 3 coming into today and they lose to move up.

Joe Lunardi is great at what he does but he isn't the end all be all of what is right in tournament seeding. Florida was one of a few deserving teams that could have gotten a two seed. At the worst they would have gotten 3 seed so I'm not sure how a one seed difference is such a travesty to you.

Yep UConn, the team that won the hardest conference tournament in the country did deserve one after adding 5 wins to their resume, unlike Florida who added 2.

UConn played in the best conference, had a good record and won said conference tournament.

Good thing it was their second loss to us in two weeks.

Tell me: what possible reason does Florida have to be a 2 seed? Coming into today, why were they one of the 8 highest rated teams in the country? I haven't seen a damn thing about that all season.

Yep UConn, the team that won the hardest conference tournament in the country did deserve one after adding 5 wins to their resume, unlike Florida who added 2.

You really like to only look at parts of seasons instead of the big picture. UConn was great late obviously with the Big East tourney win but that isn't enough to trump a 9-9 regular season Big East record.

Good thing it was their second loss to us in two weeks.

Kentucky has their number, so what? That doesn't mean they aren't deserving of a two seed.
Tell me: what possible reason does Florida have to be a 2 seed? Coming into today, why were they one of the 8 highest rated teams in the country? I haven't seen a damn thing about that all season.

Let's see: 26-6 regular season record and SEC title, a couple nice SEC tourney wins, the 5th toughest schedule in the country, a 10-2 record in their last 12 games, and an 11-2 regular season record vs the rpi top 50 teams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back