• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Officially Moves to Mondays - March 8th

Exactly Kenny. You made a point that I have thought but never brought up. I don;t understand the need to "put people out of buisness" and "kill the competition". Isn't competition good? Is it too much to ask to have two companies and not really give a damn who is number 1 or 2? It doesn't always have to end wih one company killing the other and being the top dog, because let's face it, how good are you when you are the winner but the only one in the race?

legendkiller420 your actually really wrong when you say that raw is stale right now. right now raw's storylines are pretty interesting and they are actually putting on some good matches now.
really ?really? what storylines are interesting right now on raw besides the 50 some year old stroke victim bret hart storyline with vince ? and randy orton and legacy storyline. smackdown is even worse than raw so really the whole wwe is stale imo and this is coming from a wwe mark oh i almost forgot they got the storyline with shawn acting like a 12 year old just cause he can't get a match with undertaker :lmao: give me a break seriously wwe is makin shawn into a joke imo running around like he is crazy on crack or something they could have handled this storyline alot better

well, they just lost theirselves a viewer.

I dont have a remote for my tv and I am not going to use the tv and switch back and forth from raw and TNA. I might try but Raw will get most of my time by far. This is really gonna suck since I was just getting into TNA alot. If they wanna do this then screw them. lol

On the business side of things idk if thats good, bad, or if nothing will change. We will see.

Wow so because it's the same night as another program you are no longer a fan.....were you ever a fan? I think that's rather pathetic. So do you also just sit and watch whatever channel is on your tv when you turn it on and never change it? I'm all for people watching whatever makes you happy but to not be a fan because it's on at the same time? Do you feel the same about other television shows as well?

TNA will most likely do better than most people think because Monday is "Wrestling night". I'm excited for this. Raw is getting a bit more entertaining but when it comes down to it, TNA is what my tv will be tuned into on Monday nights with Raw getting my attention during commercial breaks.

I personally believe that TNA seems to be getting its storylines on track these days. They're not as scattered as people keep saying but most of them have enough room to swerve into the unexpected, and gosh darnit if I'm not a mark for swerves.

Having said that, this is a great time to go head to head versus Raw. Its right in the middle of the road to Wrestlemania when the E is at its best, so if TNA can keep atleast a 1.2 (their average ratings) till the end of the storm, then that's a huge boost for their confidence.

Usually, I just leave my tv on raw just out of habit, but now that I'll have a choice I will most definitely be watching TNA and going back to Raw during commercials.

Ahhhh the ability to choose gives me warm butterflies in my tummy <3

In other words, I love this move.

I'm not sure how I feel. I love the fact that TNA is taking the giant step towards being competition, and I love most of the storylines happening right now, but the downside is that I work Mondays, and won't be able to watch.

If that's the only downside, then I say this is quite the move for TNA. It's not like they can't go back to Thursdays if it doesn't work out in the short term, or to Spike's expectations.

TNA on Monday's, well if it puts impact on earlier in the week over here it works for me, I aint staying in on Saturdays. Well, they've followed in Nitro's footsteps very well so far, might as well continue the trend, they did alright in the ratings last time, or so I heard.

I cant really see how they're going to compete with Raw though, WCW had Hogan, turning heel, if that didnt make people tune in, nothing will. TNA have got, Hogan, but no one really cares anymore, they've got Kurt Angle, who cant draw, Sting, an unproven draw. Lol, listen to me talking about drawing power.

The only thing I can see is Jeff Hardy making his full time return somewhere around then, he's still coming off uber-hot from his WWE run, and if TNA can let it be known that yes, we have Jeff-fucking-Hardy I reckon that'll get watchers, the guy was overtaking Cena in popularity, some would argue overtaken. Him showing up randomly on impact was almost reminiscent of Luger turning up on Nitro.

I can wait until March 8,Let see is TNA will put on a good show or not.Dam im very scare for TNA i think that TNA will not stand a chance against RAW.

Lets see how much good ratings do they get and how long they last going live until they go back to thursdays and Hogan walks away from TNA.

Well I don't think it's a bad thing for TNA to move to monday, however they should not try to directly compete with the WWE, that'll end badly for TNA, what they need to do is not acknowledge WWE and try to keep building their own product, while dealing with an influx of useless wrestlers.

Anyways I am sure their ratings will improve a bit, Thursday is just kind of a off day for tv in general anways, Mondays get a lot more viewers, so that right there is the biggest plus for TNA moving. However another problem I see is those who like WWE more but watch TNA will indeed stop watching it, unless they can DVR it, which I can do. Yay me.

It does have it's pros and cons like everything. I don't see it being a failure, but I don't see really much else changing except a few more viewers and maybe a bit of a ratings spike, but likely nothing close to a 2.0.

One issue I seeing is people using the ratings to measure the success of a wrestling company against another. Ratings will not really mean EVERYTHING. Because I can honestly say that I know even if TNA put on a perfect show, did everything right and was unanimously decided it was better than RAW in every way, people would still say that it wasn't as good because the ratings were not on par with WWE's. And that is trully unfair. I honestly think that ROH has a better wrestling product with more cohesive stories but because of the channel they are on people don't think it's as good as TNA or WWE because they are not on national tv. Although I still believe that if TNA never existed ROH would be holding TNA's spot on Spike right now. It goes back to the fact that if you are a wrestling fan you know about WWE. You may not know about TNA so really TNA is not being allowed the same chances. Now if EVERYONE who was a wrestling fan and WWE fan knew about TNA then you would have more of a fair fight. Let's face it, WWE has been around for decades and decades. TNA has not even been around one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back