• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Officially Moves to Mondays - March 8th

legendkiller420

Occasional Pre-Show
ok so now that its offical that tna will be moving to mondays march 8th who here thinks its a good move on the part of tna?i know i for one am pumped tna has nothing to lose but everything to gain here on there move to monday nights.tna will surely steal fans away from raw that are tired of raws stale product.

tna has everything going for them right now im sure once some of wwe wrestlers contracts are up they could are going to switch to tna.matt hardy comes to mind he has stated before on his facebook or twitter or whatever he uses ( not to sure witch one it is ) that he is tired of being punished for other peoples mistakes.anyways who else from wwe could we see go to tna once there contracts are up gregory helms is another one i see that could make the jump.but who could switch to tna and make an impact ratings wise please stat who you think could make tna's ratings go up? and why?

i think when jeff hardy joins tna full time the ratings will go up imo but hey thats just me .

apparently wrestlezone said it starts march 9th when it starts march 8th sorry about the confusion

TNA Wrestling officially released the news to Variety that starting March 9th the company will go live on Monday nights from 9-11PM, head-to-head against WWE RAW.

According to the report, TNA will go live alternate weeks and a taped show the other week.

It's March 8th actually. No big deal. Anyway I am excited and on the other hand question the idea to go head to head for two hours as it was proved their strongest time would have been from 8-10 Eastern which would give them an hour before RAw to hook their audience and get them interested. We will see how it goes but I am excited for another option and chances are I will be watching TNA. And before anyone says that they will be no competition right now, Dixie stated the goal is not to beat them at the very moment. It's to gradually build their audience and build the ratings and fanbase slowly. I think they are already succeeding and hopefully Monday will be a good boost for TNA and it's fans.

I think it is a bad idea to move on Monday some 2 weeks before Wrestlemania. WWE would probably be peaking with the huge hype building up. I think the good thing would have been to continue try to improve the show on Thursdays and move after mania where normally WWE tend to get repetitive and boring.

Competition is always a good thing. For too long, WWE's had the monopoly for wrestling on Monday Night for 9 years. Vince McMahon has had no competition and as a result has become complacent. If nothing else, I hope TNA does enough to light a fire under WWE's collective asses.

The real winners in this whole situation, as I think I wrote before, is not TNA or WWE. It's wrestling fans. We have a choice now. A lot of people, including me, hate some of WWE's shtick (Hornswoggle). Now, if I don't like it, I don't have to watch a repeat of Family Guy or Charlie Sheen go on a "good" date for 5 minutes. I can flip to another wrestling show. Likewise, for TNA fans, if they are sick of Brian Knobbs and know WWE actually has a match on during that time (bad odds, I know), they can turn the channel for a few minutes while Knobbs runs out of breath mid-sentence.

People are saying that going against WWE during WrestleMania time is a bad thing. I couldn't disagree more. As anyone who has an inkling of wrestling knowledge knows, WWE does its biggest storylines around WrestleMania. TNA will try, perhaps in vain, to tap into the audience that has abandoned WWE, the fans that are checking in to see what is going on around this time of the year and see this other wrestling program on TV, or the fans who are long-time fans who want someone to shake things up. Wrestling fans want a choice between two wrestling companies. TNA offers that choice. It may not last long, but I for one am going to enjoy the new Monday Night War.

As far as who should jump to TNA, I have to go with Matt Hardy. Where is he? Is he alive? Last I heard of Hardy, he was running away from the police. The Hardyz in TNA would be interesting. There are several WWE guys who could make the jump if they wanted to. BUT TNA should be careful not to keep inserting old WWF/E talent into the company unless it TRULY adds to their overall value. Mr. Anderson has added a lot in my opinion. Sean Morley has not.

So it looks like the second Monday Night War will finally be in full swing next month and I'm personally excited for it as I never watched the first Monday Night War. This should make for some great television from TNA (and hopefully better television from WWE) as I'm sure they'll pull out all the stops when they go live again much like they did on Jan 4 and they really have nothing to lose at this point. When you're practically at the bottom like TNA is right now, there's nowhere to go but up and I've been entertained by TNA during the current Hogan/Bischoff era so far so I can only see good things coming out of this.

I am excited for this to happen. It will make both company's have to put on a great show and make for more interesting monday nights.

I also agree that with Matt Hardy not being pushed to anything not even a tag or IC title that he should switch to TNA as he is one of my favorite superstars and team up with his brother again. In my opinion that would be epic. :boobs:

It's not going to matter much, at least in my opinion. Watching Raw and Impact side by side just makes Impact look bush league and Raw look that much more professional. Vince isn't stupid, he realizes TNA is trying to make a push. He's an egomanic, and he will do everything he can to prove that WWE is better than TNA. TNA does have some good workers, but they also have dinosaurs that can't even take a flat back bump anymore. There's no older guys in WWE, all of the main eventers are capable of putting on great matches. And before someone says anything about Taker or HBK, watch their WM25 match and then say something. I really don't dislike TNA, but I don't think their storylines can hang with WWE. Maybe I'm wrong, and it will be interesting to see how it plays out, but in the end, I think TNA is going to be on the same level that they are now. Fans talk bad about WWE because it's the cool, indie, smarky thing to do, but liking TNA just because it's not WWE is just dumb.

I think this is a bad move on the part of TNA. They are not ready to go head-to-head with Raw. Having Impact on Thursday nights was a smarter move. It means that WWE fans could also watch TNA and that we enjoyed 3 days a week of prime time wrestling. In my opinion, TNA should have waited at least a year to do this, only striking when the iron was hot. TNA are obviously improving, but they simply do not have enough of a fanbase to go head-to-head with WWE Raw yet, since most people are not going to switch off Raw to watch Impact (especially as Raw has become considerably more interesting lately).

Bad move, their ratings will suffer, unfortunately. I will at least try to flick channels during commercials and boring diva matches though.

It's about time!

I thought it quite foolish of TNA to "switch back" to Thursdays after all the success iMPACT had on 1/4. Why completely kill that momentum? For all intents and purposes, TNA should've been annihilated by WWE on January 4th... lost viewership, advertising, etc. Not only did they maintain the ratings they usually get, but they actually went up .3 or .4 points. Even taking the "Hogan factor" into consideration, that's still pretty phenominal for such a young company going head-to-head against the current undisputed juggernaut of pro-wrestling (er... sports entertainment).

In my opinion, it's do or die time for TNA. They'll either establish themselves as a credible #2 or they'll go back into the also-rans.

personally, just by looking at the ratings TNA get on thursday nights, i think this is a bad move especially going head to head against Raw during 3 weeks before wrestlemania. The fact is the TNA product is stale right now and look like a small time promotion because of the production value and the fact they are in a movie studio.

So if you look TNA vs WWE right now: TNA has good wrestling but focus on all the wrong people and the main feuds are lame. The WWE is in the middle of the road to wrestlemania and that were they do the greatest stuff as far as storytelling and the wrestling isn't as great as TNA but the story are less complicated to follow on Raw and ot make the wwe product more enjoyable then TNA.

So if TNA want me to choose between them and the WWE, i'm probably going to watch WWE and if i don't have anything else to tape on monday then i'm going to tape TNA but TNA with this move loss a fan and i'm probably not the only one they are going to lose.

Tna deffinatleyis doing the best thin here. This should have been done asap after 1/4. I know they will not get the ratings that WWE gets but I bet in about 5 or 6 months, we'll start 2 see vince pull out the big guns in response to tna's growing fanbase. I never thought I would sit n watch tna on n off every week but I will admit it is pretty fresh to see some blood and adult themes. I just wish vince would pay homage to the fans and ppl that made him and go back to the way I was. I know it won't happen kuz of the money but if vince keeps up the way he's running his show, he is going 2 lose a lot more viewers to tna. Tna has a GREAT roster of stars that bust their ass all the time putting on fantastic matches. Last nights match between joe and a.j. Was in short PHENOMENAL... (Yes, pun intended) and tna is putting these matches on week after week seemingly. I love WWE, and have been a watcher from the "golden era" so to see monday night wars part 2 is something I've been waiting for. Deffinatley long over due, so to all my ppl in he IWC... Salude.... And enjoy the fireworks

Why?

This move is not good at all. There is no Monday Night wars, because whether Impact is on Mondays or not they're still not competition for RAW. How is it a company goes head to head with RAW once, gets absolutely nowhere, and they decide it's a good move to make that a regular thing? Their ratings have dropped back down to 1.2 on Thursdays, unopposed, and they think what.. they're magically going to do that or better every week? I'm more worried about what it means when they fail, because I'd hate to see TNA die off because they made a move to Mondays instead of staying on Thursdays and trying to build on their fan base. Oh well.

I think its the worst possible time to go against raw tna should try and build its horrible product up first (if that's possible). If they start March 8th thats right about two weeks before wrestlemania wwe always puts on the best shows around then and stone cold will be hosting that week or the week after there's no way possible than can compete with that especially if impact is taped that week

I'm excited that TNA has made the jump to Monday nights, but does it seem as exciting as it did when they announced the 1/4 show? When TNA said they were bringing in Hogan on the fourth to go against Raw the internet was buzzing with anticipation. Everyone was wondering what was going to happen? Who was going to arrive? What was Hogan going to do? Well, now that's happened and we've seen all that Hogan's done thus far, it just doesn't seem as exciting to find out they're moving permanently to Monday nights. I don't know. I don't want TNA to fail. But seeing that the past two weeks have seen a decrease in ratings, not to mention the road to Wrestlemania is well in play, the move to Monday nights may not go the way TNA intends it to go. Now I read what Dixie said, that they're not trying to immediately beat them, but gradually increase their audience, but I'm not so sure that the timing is right. They should have perhaps experimented a little longer, checked how the ratings were going, THEN moved to Mondays, preferably during the dark days of summer when Wrestlemania is long gone and the WWE isn't as storyline oriented. Sure, Mondays will be more interesting, and yes, perhaps their ratings will increase, but to this now may be a quite the gamble. Will it work? Maybe. Let's hope so.

I think it's just stupid but it is the type of thing you should expect from Hogan & EB.First of all you are only going to take so many fans away from raw.And what if they piss off Vince enough where it is another wcw situation,and if they decide to go to battle tna will lose!I think it's best to stay on thursday nite put on a good show with good product and you will draw.The potential for a larger audience is much greater on a nite where they are the only wrestling show on TV!What Pisses me off is Hogan and Bishoff are not doing this for the fans or TNA they just want another chance to beat Vince.You also got to consider TNA are going to lose viewership as well,there ratings are already going down on Thursday Nites and thats with no competition,get Hogan And Bischoff out of TNA before they destroy it!

i believe this move will improve the rating because there will be less spoilers i believe spoilers run tna right now because 2 day after genisis u could of read the whole lead up to last night.... if it was live people would tune in to see what happens because they really wont know so i believe all the interesting stuff will be live and the taped week will be more of wrestling then segment just a though but if wwe dont start taking risk rather then this PG stuff i grew up with the rock and stone cold calling people funny ass names like jabronie and openign a can of woopass it just thing like that when magic happen weekly because they let them but a show on .. now everyone has to listen to the scribt u can tell tna will grab the viewers of the 90's because they have that kinda product

Im Excited for this. Im not to worried about the whole ratings war part. Thats obviously something TNA isn't going to succeed in at first and like Dixie said it's not their goal immediately to beat RAW. Im just glad that now I have something else I can watch on Monday nights if RAW isn't keeping my interest. Having that option to switch back and forth between two wrestling shows is great. Im a wrestling fan, Not just a TNA or WWE fan. If one show isn't doing its job, I can switch over. And if TNA can go live every other week that makes it even better for me for the suprises and not knowing what is going to happen, because I get sucked in to reading spoilers which is my own fault. So this isn't just big for TNA its big for wrestling and us fans.

Now to answer your question about who i would like to see switch over to monday nights that is now on the WWE roster is Matt Hardy. A little over a year ago everything seemed to be looking good for the guy. Had a nice lengthy feud with MVP,a run as US champion and then a decent run with ECW title. But since Jeff has been gone from WWE, it seems like Matt is stuck at the bottom again. And Matt Hardy teaming with Khali isn't really going to get him anywhere. So i would enjoy seeing Matt in TNA with Jeff either bringing back the Hardys or just doing a singles career. Bring Gregory Helms with him since he seems to be stuck in neutral now also and start a stable with the Hardys,Helms and shannon Moore.

I think it's a good idea and somebody already brought up a great point as to why

As anyone who has an inkling of wrestling knowledge knows, WWE does its biggest storylines around WrestleMania. TNA will try, perhaps in vain, to tap into the audience that has abandoned WWE, the fans that are checking in to see what is going on around this time of the year and see this other wrestling program on TV, or the fans who are long-time fans who want someone to shake things up.

I was thinking pretty much the same thing. For example, just two years ago the crowd was still anti-Cena. Do you really think they finally accepted his character, or do you think the boos stopped because they finally got fed up with the company and stopped watching?

When WWE starts advertising for WM, these people may start wondering if the midcard guys from the time before WWE went PG, or whenever it was that they had enough, finally broke the mainevent (wrestlers like MVP, Carlito, Kennedy, Punk, Jeff, whoever). So they watch RAW and realize that the mainevent wrestlers are the same (plus Sheamus who they probably have no idea who he is).

So yeah, doing this during road to WM is a great opportunity for TNA to grab the attention of the people who turned their backs on WWE b/c of PG Era or other reasons - the people who are tuning in around WM to see if the show finally got better. Provided TNA plays commercials on USA network during these RAW episodes then they are exposing the ex-WWE fans to a more mature product.

Bad bad move. Okay, people will say the 'timing' is right, in that they've got Hogan, Flair, Bischoff there... Bullshit.

I posted only a couple of days ago saying what TNA needs to do before they can compete with RAW. Now, I know they aren't going to be looking at popping 3.0 ratings straight away, but they really are going to get destroyed here.

Their ratings are down to 1.2 again for the past 2 weeks, nothing has really changed other than they have replaced former WWE stars that nobody cared about with even less WWE stars that nobody cares about (Venis, Jordan), plus a load of former WCW talent that peaked 10-15 years ago.

And to make matters worse, they are going head to head for the full 2 hours. I wouldn't have moaned as much, or said it was as bad of an idea if they put the first hour on before RAW, I think they would draw some RAW viewers in before RAW, and lose them to RAW, but that's still some 'new' fans, and if the product improves they may channel hop or whatever. I just don't see that happening now, or not least as much.

The facts are that even if some fans(not me by the way) think the WWE product is stale, and I can see why they think that, they would be lieing if they didn't admit that;
1, The production of all WWE programming pisses all over that of TNA Impact, it just runs alot smoother and looks alot more professional.
2, WWE has the bigger star power, nobody really cares about Hall, Xpac, Nash, Foley, The Nasty Boys, The Dudleys, Venis and Jordan to name a few, all of WWE's star power comes from 25-45 year old wrestlers, whereas look at TNA, their biggest stars are in their 50's.

Another move TNA needs to consider is branching out of the Impact Zone, they won't get any extra viewers if they stay in that shitty little thing. It looks alot better on TV if you're in a bigger arena than that. I'm not talking 20,000 seaters because they won't sell that out, but 5000-6000 maybe. And if they cannot sell that out then WTF are they doing on live TV head to head with RAW?

I posted only a couple of days ago saying what TNA needs to do before they can compete with RAW. Now, I know they aren't going to be looking at popping 3.0 ratings straight away, but they really are going to get destroyed here.
You posted what you thoughneeded to be done to make TNA a success and in all reaity unless you help run a buisness, not one can make those decisions for TNA. Everyone has their own ideas of "What would make TNA succeed" or "What would make WWE better". and half the time people don't knwo what's going on behind the scenes even though they read the websites and think they know everything. Half of what's posted on websites are total bs.

Their ratings are down to 1.2 again for the past 2 weeks, nothing has really changed other than they have replaced former WWE stars that nobody cared about with even less WWE stars that nobody cares about (Venis, Jordan), plus a load of former WCW talent that peaked 10-15 years ago
Like who? Brian Kendrick is still praised and it's all over that WWE messed up by letting him go just because he liked to smoke pot. The guy hated it there and couldn't wait to leave. Dinero I won't even go into. There is a thread stated the oppinions as it is. Jeff Jarrett was there since the beggining, Nash was there long before Hogan came in as was Angle. Foley wanted to help the company. Morgan is possibly one of the better big men in the buisness. Anderson is int he same boat as pope. Raven has been there since the first year, Rhino was a let down in WWE because they watered him down to not be as violent, Sting wanted to help the company and has been there since the 1st or second year sporadictly. Team 3D is still one of the better tag teams in the states. The only guys who confused me were Jordan, Morely and The Natsys but Jordan mainly wrestles on the website matches, Morely hasn't been on since the Impact after Genesis and The Nastys have gotten little to no tv time in the past two weeks. More than half the roster is new guys but I guess that's an issue since they are "nodbodies" right?

And to make matters worse, they are going head to head for the full 2 hours. I wouldn't have moaned as much, or said it was as bad of an idea if they put the first hour on before RAW, I think they would draw some RAW viewers in before RAW, and lose them to RAW, but that's still some 'new' fans, and if the product improves they may channel hop or whatever. I just don't see that happening now, or not least as much.
Watching the press conferance just a few moments ago Dixie said that they could tweak it and possibly go an hour earlier in the future but right now this is what was decided on. Yet I can see it now, TNA goes back an hour and people complain and yell that "it's showing it's weakness" and "TNA can't even go one on one". Hypocrites will unite. Sure going and hour before would be a good idea but that's not for us to decide.

1, The production of all WWE programming pisses all over that of TNA Impact, it just runs alot smoother and looks alot more professional.
Can someone please define what "professional" is suppose to be? WWE quality? Last I checked TNA was using similar cameras just different types of film and quality of pictures. No one complained that ECW was filmed ina bingo hall on mostly hand held camera. Hell watching past episodes you see that alot of their Tv shows were on "fan cams". But it's ok cause it was ECW and not TNA.

2, WWE has the bigger star power, nobody really cares about Hall, Xpac, Nash, Foley, The Nasty Boys, The Dudleys, Venis and Jordan to name a few, all of WWE's star power comes from 25-45 year old wrestlers, whereas look at TNA, their biggest stars are in their 50's.
TNA's biggest stars right now are AJ STyles, The Pope, Mr. Anderson, Kurt Angle,, Abyss, British Invasion, Wolfe, Hernandez, Morgan, all guys under 40 with the exception of ANgle who is still one of the best int he world today if not ever. All the guys you mentioned are small players. Hall & Waltman were involved in one PPV match, The Nastsys had two matches and have been on tv less than any of the stars I mentions, same with Val. If you are gonna bash a company for who they are using, watch first and know who is on tv weekly. But then again without the name guys TNA would be left with "people that nobody knows and nobody wants to watch" as some will put it. TNA will never please people because it's not WWE. Then again I'm sure if Cena & Orton went to TNA people would call them "rejects" too. Just look at the sig Theo made for me to see what I think about the "reject' title.

I wont argue about the Impact Zone but my feelings ae mostly to the fans in there who feel they are owed something because they have attended FREE shows for the past four years.

Great, great move. The Monday Night Wars are fucking BACK and back in a big way, and I for one could not be more excited as a wrestling fan. Competition ALWAYS brings the best out of wrestling promotions, and this is no exception to that. I don't give a fuck about all the naysayers who think TNA will be dismantled by the WWE within five months, because I highly doubt it, they held their own against Raw in January and I think they could atleast maintain the same level of ratings as they have no going head-to-head with Raw each week. Then you slowly try to capture more of that WWE audience, get them to change over, TNA needs some fucking SERIOUS promoting though, like right now.

I'm really excited about this, and can't wait to see the new Monday Night Wars kick in on March 8th....oh what a happy time to be a wrestling fan right now.

Overall, we'll just have to wait and see what happens. There's still some time left for TNA to build up the move to Monday nights on a permanent basis, but it doesn't have nearly the same type of feel to it.

When the show for January 4th was announced and that it would also be Hogan's debut, the vast majority of people that visit and/or post on WZ went nuts. There was this huge clamor of excitement that was almost universal you might say. Most were saying that the Monday Night Wars were back then and there, that TNA was going to take it to the WWE, Hogan's presence would drive the ratings for iMPACT! through the roof, etc. However, the reaction to today's news regarding TNA's permanent move to Mondays is considerably more mixed and subdued than I was expecting. TNA came out with guns blazing on January 4th, lots of more familiar faces showing up, a teased reformation of the nWo, Hulk Hogan makes his appearance, etc. The show that night did record ratings for TNA.

However, here we are six weeks later and a lot of that momentum looks to be dried up when you look at TNA's ratings for the past few weeks. They're back pulling in the average of 1.2 that they were pulling throughout much of last year prior to Hogan and Bischoff showing up. Did TNA blow its full wad on the 4th? Can they pull big numbers without all the big surprises as they had last time? Will the WWE rearrange their guest host schedule and have Stone Cold Steve Austin hosting Raw on March 8th?

It'll all be interesting no matter what goes down.

Overall, I'm pretty happy that TNA will be moving to Monday nights for good. I just hope that TNA gets their tier system(jobber, mid-card, tag team, main event) organized by the time March rolls around.

Well I know one thing that will probably help TNA considering this. Unless they change things around, the host for that evening will be....Criss Angel. While I am a fan of this guy, he belongs nowhere near a wrestling ring. I think alot of people will see him do a magic trick and change the channel. And if WWE does in fact change it around so that someone like Austin hosts, it shows that they view them as competition. Vince is already the #1 wretling company in the world and his changing a set schedule around to try to stop TNA on their first night in a new timeslot shows that he knows TNA is around and started to gain momentum. Why else would he do something like that?

And for everyone clammering for TNA's demise, if you get your wish there is to be NO complaining about WWE being the only thing to watch. You asked for it and you would have it and you can deal with midgits and bathroom humor, c level celebs hosting a wrestling program. I for one am happy that there are two promotions to watch no (a third if you can get HDNET and ROH). I am starting to really question why people don't want competition anymore.....could it be that WrestleZone has become infested with WWE employees?! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

We figured that this might happen for some time now, but I'm glad it is happening. TNA doesn't have to pull 1.5 or even 2.0 from the gate to be successful. If they can pull between a 1.0 or 1.2 or better Spike will be happy. What show does Spike TV have on Monday nights that even comes close to that? UFC tried and got a 1.0. I'm sure Star Wars, Manswers, or Blue Mountain State isn't going to give Spike TV ratings on Monday Nights.

As far as TNA digging their graves well if people were real wrestling fans they would want TNA to succeed so WWE will do better and give fans something interesting to watch. I mean if you were Vince McMahon with no competition, you wouldn't put on a 5 star show every night would you? With TNA coming out of left field, WWE says that don't acknowledge them but you can tell that the programming is becoming less stale and more interesting as of late by WWE.

I don't think TNA is going to win the war or put WWE out of business. I just want two healthy alternatives like we had with WCW and WWF. The best wrestling and stars come out when there is competition. Without it, you are left with Triple H and Randy Orton part 4,000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back