• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

There's No Money In A Lazy Stoner By Mark Madden

What I meant by how he's only in it for the money, I meant that he seems to be half-assing it in TNA. You'd figured that he was have some sense of pride in himself when he came to TNA to actually try to help build the company rather than just seeing it as a quick paycheck. With Kurt Angle, he's helping TNA grow as a company. Sure, the money is nice but he's feels like he's a part of something bigger than him. If money was the sole purpose, RVD would've been better off in WWE. For some guys, wrestling is life more than a job. Maybe I sound naive but I'm saying you should have some passion and pride for what you're doing and I don't see that from RVD.
It's not just money. It's also a comfortable working environment; if you aren't happy, you'll hate your job, and being happy is what it's about in the long run.

You're still quite wrong though. All of that "he's in it for the company" talk is marketing speak. Wrestlers, Kurt Angle included, are looking for the best deal that works for them. Maybe they aren't too high (pardon the pun) on the Wellness Policy. Maybe it's the travel. But the very bottom item on the list, if it's there at all, is "helping the company grow". That's sucker speak.

If I am not mistaken the point of the interview was to get an update of his recovery. Not to find out what he is going to do when he gets back. Of course everyone over looks the actual commercial promo for this weeks Impact saying RVD will be looking for Abyss. This is another case of everyone not looking at the big picture and just judging things on a weekly basis. Check the spoilers and calm down if you plan on making a big stink out of nothing.

I have read the spoilers but the way you get people to tune in is not through spoilers. The way you make people tune in is by making them think they will be missing something great if they do not watch. Other than RVD will be there next week what exactly were we to take from the phone interview. That he knows his body better then anyone. Wow i can feel the boredom seep in.
All it would have taken was you know guys I am beat up I am beat down and I was thinking about walking away altogether. Then I watched TNA and heard Abyss say he took me out forever and I said to my self no f'n way. Now when I come back I my not be a 100% ever again but I am 100% sure about one thing I will be taking Abyss out from TNA for a long long time and he will never be 100% again either. Then whoever is holding my TNA world title I am coming for you and should hope I only do half of what I am going to do to Abyss to you.
There you have it emotion, passion, anger and it only had to be done on the phone. Instead we got some stupid pot jokes. Wow that's going to make the casual fan tune in.

Mark once again gets it exactly right. If RVD was going to come back what a month in a half after getting "brutally assaulted" with a nail covered 2x4 why not have him show up? Especially with him saying "I'll be there next week." How damn stupid is that. "Oh Im still hurt and he almost killed me, but instead of surprise attacking the man who almost killed me ima give him a heads up. Sure he almost killed me but im still going to be honest."

No....wow. TNA continues to give Madden material to make them look like complete idiots. Sure Madden didnt make it far in the wrestling buisness, but he knows how it works and he speaks the truth. RVD is shit now, TNA booking is shit. TNA is shit and that sucks to say.

I have read the spoilers but the way you get people to tune in is not through spoilers. The way you make people tune in is by making them think they will be missing something great if they do not watch. Other than RVD will be there next week what exactly were we to take from the phone interview. That he knows his body better then anyone. Wow i can feel the boredom seep in.
All it would have taken was you know guys I am beat up I am beat down and I was thinking about walking away altogether. Then I watched TNA and heard Abyss say he took me out forever and I said to my self no f'n way. Now when I come back I my not be a 100% ever again but I am 100% sure about one thing I will be taking Abyss out from TNA for a long long time and he will never be 100% again either. Then whoever is holding my TNA world title I am coming for you and should hope I only do half of what I am going to do to Abyss to you.
There you have it emotion, passion, anger and it only had to be done on the phone. Instead we got some stupid pot jokes. Wow that's going to make the casual fan tune in.

No the way you get people to tune in is to let one of the most popular TNA wrestlers announce that he is OK and he will be there next week. You know what is funny. If Mark Madden didn't sit at home and over analyze a business that he openly doesn't care for would any of this be an issue right now? Or is it people like Madden who have to sit back and just nit pick the hell out of a product so he can get people to view his column. I didn't hear or see anyone complain about this since Thursday. Now all of a sudden it is time for a weekly hate column from Mark Madden and all of his sheep come running. Hell I should have started writing hate columns in 2003 about George Bush. I wouldn't have to actually use any ability as a journalist, I would have been super popular with the majority, and I could just Monday morning quarter back like Madden does because I don't have the back ground or talent to be in said business. Way to be your untalented say Mark. Can't wait till next week.

First and foremost, let me just say that Mark Madden is a perfectly good waste of adult onset diabetes. He's lazy, worthless, and is a disgrace to anyone who calls themselves a journalist.

Now with that said, let me just say that I you can't take anything that Madden says seriously because he has a hidden agenda. He tried for years to pitch ideas to TNA in hopes of getting a job and had to watch as seemingly ever other face, other than Tony Schivanni, got a chance to get a paycheck from TNA while he was rejected at every turn. It's no more credible than if the ugly girl who had a big crush on you back in high school kept asking you out and you u kept nicely telling her that you weren't really looking for anybody and yet seeing you date everybody else. Would she be bitter? Damned right she would. And Madden is no less. I mean I find it hard to believe that this man, who claims that he watches WWE programming doesn't have one bad thing to say about them, but can find every single thing to say about a program that he watches diligently but claims to hate. I mean NXT is at least 100 times crappier than the worst angle that TNA has ever done and yet not one peep. Not one mention. Not one word on that from Madden. All his little chubby fuck finger can do is red rag on TNA week in and week out like he is the all knowing almighty in the subject.

Madden should give it up. RVD is no lazier now than he was in ECW or in the WWE. He's never been the best damned worker. He just does a high spot here and there and then points to himself. And to be honest, he's worked long enough taking extreme chances with his help that he should be able to work easier now. If people pay to see him or he gets paid regardless, the so be it. It's not like there needs to be those 40 minute slap and hold fests that people call "5 Star" matches to do what he does. All he needs to do is the five moves that he's had in his arsenal and win or lose. That's it. Nothing more. Nothing less. And to sit and just call him a pot head or a stoner because the man wants to try and preserve his health and not end up like Terry Funk or Ric Flair or Hulk Hogan wasting his retirement on surgeries just to be able to make it to the bathroom and take a shit without wincing when his cheeks hit the seat. Hell, I don't blame any wrestler who has put in the time he has for calling it in later in their careers and just collecting a check. Shit, if football players could get away with doing it, they would too. So why blame wrestlers when they do.

For as good as RVD thinks he is, there is one thing he can't do and that is "sell", in or out of the ring. In the ring he is about putting RVD over, never the other guy. Out of the ring he is horrible on the mike, its hard to believe anything he says. He just recites his lines with no passion, like the stoner he is.

I was at the Impact Zone for the taping of tomorrow's (9/23) show and witnessed his return. As a matter of fact I witnessed it twice, he had done it the night before and rambled on to the point where the promo had to be done again. The first time he did it I was surprised there wasn't a bong in his hand. The second promo was basically the same words, but a lot shorter. Due to the no spoilers rule, all I'm going to say is its more of the same.

Mark Madden hit the nail (Janice) on the head. RVD should be going off on Abyss with every threat in the book. I don't know if its the booking or RVD himself that is killing this storyline. I'm sure the feud will continue between these two, but RVD better crank it up if he wants to make it any good.

Ric-Flair.jpg

I felt it was a dumb move to put the belt on RVD in the first place.

I can understand that ratings are important and you want to make sure to get new viewers to watch your program, but that title change should have never happened in my opinion.

The match of RVD/AJ interested me but it was a letdown, they both could have done so much better. It was just stalling between high spots for the most part, then they did the cliche pin-reversal sequence to make it seem like a good technical match.

Weak stuff indeed. And that little 20 seconds does take total attention away from the match and screws it up, it's typical garbage booking from TNA. They can't just let the match playout, they need to remind you Flair is more important than all of this alone. Main Events should not have other feuds get focus during them.

It's no more credible than if the ugly girl who had a big crush on you back in high school kept asking you out and you u kept nicely telling her that you weren't really looking for anybody and yet seeing you date everybody else. Would she be bitter? Damned right she would.

For this analogy to completely work, you'd have to date women who slept with your friends and gave everyone gonorrhea, maxed out your credit card to buy her shit, and got you arrested on fake domestic violence charges.

In other words, she/Madden may be a bitter angry bitch, but she has a point.

SEcond good point was that no one would be talking about this if Madden hadn't written a column bitching about it.

Wait. Back up. Read that again. No one would be talking about one of TNA's big angles leading into BFG, RVD getting revenge on Abyss, if MArk Madden hadn't written a TNA hater column.

Doesn't that prove Madden's point that RVD's promo was a poor job? A "promo" is to "promote", and in this case to "promote" RVD vs Abyss at BFG.

Madden did as much to promote the match by "cutting his promo" as RVD did.

I'm not a TNA or an RVD hater, in fact, I like TNA much more than the WWE right now. However, Mark Madden is 100% correct that RVD's phone call was less than compelling....but that's really only one of the many problems with this whole angle. Yes, the call was bland and ridiculous....and as a fellow smoker, I'd like to say that RVD' & his habits are not 100% at fault. The sober members of TNA that scripted the "call" or allowed it to go forward share an equal part of the blame. Lets also not forget that the story is premised on the fact that RVD was mutilated and almost murdered, yet he's ready to get back in the ring a couple of weeks later.

No the way you get people to tune in is to let one of the most popular TNA wrestlers announce that he is OK and he will be there next week. You know what is funny. If Mark Madden didn't sit at home and over analyze a business that he openly doesn't care for would any of this be an issue right now? Or is it people like Madden who have to sit back and just nit pick the hell out of a product so he can get people to view his column. I didn't hear or see anyone complain about this since Thursday. Now all of a sudden it is time for a weekly hate column from Mark Madden and all of his sheep come running. Hell I should have started writing hate columns in 2003 about George Bush. I wouldn't have to actually use any ability as a journalist, I would have been super popular with the majority, and I could just Monday morning quarter back like Madden does because I don't have the back ground or talent to be in said business. Way to be your untalented say Mark. Can't wait till next week.

Ok for the one millionth time. Mark is not now nor has he ever claimed to be a journalist. He writes a column which is another word for editorial. Editorials are the writers opinions and can be on anything the writer wishes to write about. Madden chooses to use his editorial to bash TNA. A few of you hate him for it, others the amjority agree with what he says. He is not writing for teh new york times he is writing for wrlestlezone nto exactly award winning quality.

The thing that gets me is that if Fat Madden hates TNA so much, why keep writing about it? Why does he care what they do over there? Just write a couple of colums saying how you hate the product, and think it's crap, then move on. By writing colum, after colum just bashing TNA, he's looking more like a psyco obsessed nutjob that is bitter they did'n't want to hire his fat ass.

Okay, RVD wasn't pissed off during the phone call, but did you watch iMPACT?

I remember Madden saying that he'd laugh his ass off if RVD comes back to iMPACT with no visible injuries or anything. And here he is - taped up like a mummy, limping all over the place.

Madden wanted RVD to care -- and he did. You could see it in his eyes. He raised his tone, he was pissed off, he was hurt. You rarely see that from RVD.

Madden, you can suck on RVD's balls.

I have to agree with Madden on this one when it comes to RVD's phone conversation on Impact last week. Now this week RVD actually has some passion and was playing of the injury well. For once he didn't give is normal easy going stoner promo and was actually out for vengeance. I don't know what the point was of having that phone conversation air on Impact when RVD was very content and even happy on the phone. The announcers didn't make a big deal out of it either. It is true though that if a wrestler is lackadaisical and doesn't care what happens to him, then neither should we.

Okay, RVD wasn't pissed off during the phone call, but did you watch iMPACT?

I remember Madden saying that he'd laugh his ass off if RVD comes back to iMPACT with no visible injuries or anything. And here he is - taped up like a mummy, limping all over the place.

Madden wanted RVD to care -- and he did. You could see it in his eyes. He raised his tone, he was pissed off, he was hurt. You rarely see that from RVD.

Madden, you can suck on RVD's balls.

And Maddens point was good logical booking would have had that all along as opposed to a boring waste of time phone promo. Lets just imagine the whole phone thing never happened, then RVD shows up this week full of piss and vinegar and on a war path. A. It gives RVD more credibility. B. It creates a real level of unpredictability for the casual fans and the ones who do not read spoilers. And when wrestling was at its best it was unpredictable and you never knew what was going to happen. So now that I have \crushed your point is it time for you to suck Madden's balls?

Yea but Bischoff pretty much explained it on iMPACT or Reaction, i forget. Anyway he said, Rvds not the type of guy whos gonna go on and on about how much of a hardass he is but hes motivated... blah blah.. Or something like that. Madden jumped the gun and he now looks like a fool in my eyes.

Or, conversely, TNA had plenty of time to respond to their audience going "WTF?" to RVD's crap phone promo, and at least make an attempt to do the story right at the next taping. It's episodic television, people. You get a fresh chance every week to respond to your mistakes of last week.

Unless you really believe that professional wrestling storylines are scripted to the detail well in advance, and if that's the case, I can't help you.

Madden jumped the gun and he now looks like a fool in my eyes.

LMAO are you serious?! You actually think that TNA (a company obsessed with the IWC) didn't read MM's post and the response it got from the IWC and tweak their storyline?

TNA had more that enough time to do just that and guess what.....they did!

Actually the episode we saw yesterday was taped on the Tuesday after No Surrender so its safe they did not change anything because of fan reaction and criticism because this episode was tape before Last weeks Impact even aired. I thought yesterday RVD did a good job on the Mic yesterday and he also did a great job of selling all of the injuries he sustained from Abyss at the Whole F'N Show. So no TNA Did Not Read Madden's column and change anything.

Yea but Bischoff pretty much explained it on iMPACT or Reaction, i forget. Anyway he said, Rvds not the type of guy whos gonna go on and on about how much of a hardass he is but hes motivated... blah blah.. Or something like that. Madden jumped the gun and he now looks like a fool in my eyes.

No one said he had to go on and on about being a hard ass. Because you are right that's not his lazy stoner gimick. But lets take this away from wrestling. Even a lazy stoner computer guy is going to show more emotion if someone beats them to within a in ch of their lives. He is not jumping the gun he is saying what many fans have reiterated the phone was a bad way to bring him back. It was weak, and it is yet another highlight of the things that are wrong in TNA.

To the other person who mentioned why Madden has to rip on TNA so much. It is his editorial he can write what he likes just like each of us has the choice to ignore it. Why did the media and especially editorials go after President Bush when there were in fact other things happening some of which even in Iraq were good, I.e. running water and hospitals being built as the military advanced into the country. Because people were buying what the media was feeding them. Why now do most media outlets and editorials fail to mention how many failures Obama has had or that he is the least experienced president we have ever had. Because they choose not to just like many would chose not to read them even if they did. As long as people read his column and start forms discussing what he wrote wrestlezone will keep sponsoring him because he is drawing attention and discussion.

So, let me get this straight....Mark Madden thinks Vince McMahon is a great wrestling mind, there is no money in a lazy stoner but Vince booked Cena vs. RVD on PPV, gave RVD Money In The Bank and a WWE title.

But that One Night Stand PPV surely didn't draw money and ticket sales right?

Mark Madden continuously proves why his ******ed ass is not in wrestling today. He is a nobody with a blog site. Remember, this is the same guy who reported TNA was going to get another TV show (SmackDown esque) on January 3rd and he was certain of it, blah blah blah.

He knows nothing. Another example of the IWC in the next 10 years.

I just want to start out by saying... I hate Madden.. He disgraces that last name to no end...

His columns would have more credibility if every once in a while, he found a postive note to write about...

A hate column is the easiest thing in the world to write... Anyone can watch any given program on TV every week and find something to bitch about... It's really not that hard to do...

I will say that the phone call should've never happened... It would've been better to just have Rob show up unannounced looking for revenge like he did this week... I thought they did a good job of furthering the angle this week...

RVD isn't the best on the mic, but I think he did a good job in putting over the fued this week... The phone call just wasn't needed at all... And for the people who think TNA changed their storylines because of his columns... That has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard... They taped one show on Monday and the next on tuesday... Both shows and the next show were all taped before the first one even aired...

The more articles Mark Maddened writes about TNA, the more he proves he was never relevant in wrestling. Everyweek he says he doesn't watch TNA yet he magically knows every detail what happenes on Impact

So, let me get this straight....Mark Madden thinks Vince McMahon is a great wrestling mind, there is no money in a lazy stoner but Vince booked Cena vs. RVD on PPV, gave RVD Money In The Bank and a WWE title.

But that One Night Stand PPV surely didn't draw money and ticket sales right?

Mark Madden continuously proves why his ******ed ass is not in wrestling today. He is a nobody with a blog site. Remember, this is the same guy who reported TNA was going to get another TV show (SmackDown esque) on January 3rd and he was certain of it, blah blah blah.

He knows nothing. Another example of the IWC in the next 10 years.

Madden never says that he thinks McMahon is a great wresling mind and just last column admitted the WWE sucks too. And who was the other half of the main event John Cena a proven draw. Is Reaction not another show. Perhapes things were in the workd but remember TNA also failed on Monday Nights so maybe Spike pulled the plug on it. Regardless your post that RVD drew once does not prove anything.

LMAO are you serious?! You actually think that TNA (a company obsessed with the IWC) didn't read MM's post and the response it got from the IWC and tweak their storyline?

TNA had more that enough time to do just that and guess what.....they did!

iMPACT was taped. You think theyd actually read a column from a guy who hasnt been relevant in 10 years, even if he was at all, in wrestling and they tweaked the show because of what he says?

LMAO are you serious?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back