The WZnWo

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I have been off for a while now, getting very drunk...

What is going on?

Not much Dave. Lots of our younger members seem to think that some kind of war is needed. How exactly one wages a "war" on an internet message board, I don't know.

Dr. Greenthumb is nowhere to be found. 'Tis a boring day thus far.

If nobody knows what LARP is, it's a lot like if you were playing chess with huge pieces.

However what they did in Role Models was LAIRE or something like that. That would almost be like going to a Renaissance Festival. Both are major geeks... no offense.

- still maintaining my neutrality from factions

What's going on today guys? Does anyone else miss George Carlin? I'm listening to his stand-up and boy I miss him.

anyone here use twitter much? im thinking of giving it a go

I don't see the point in it. It's just like Facebook status updates without the ability to take stupid quizzes about "Which Ninja Turtle Are You" and that kind of thing as far as I can tell.

I really don't understand the point of Twitter. Isn't that what the status updates on Facebook and MySpace are for? I can't imagine myself ever using it. I checked out David Lynch's Twitter once, but that was about it.

I have a facebook and I barely use it so I don't see the point in getting a twitter if I'm probably not going to use it either.

the whole point in it was though to get the banter on it from you guys lol so if no ones using it ill just stick to the old bar room :p

Twitter is interesting to find out if sports stars are doing shit during games, such as basketball lol. But other than that it is nothing great. Hey X, White Sox got Alex Rios off waivers, taking on his whole contract. Good or bad for the Pale Hose in your opinion? Personally I say good.

Dante's Inferno? What about it? A classic work of art. They're making a game? :headscratch:

Dante's Inferno? What about it? A classic work of art. They're making a game? :headscratch:

Yeah. It's not a faithful adaptation or anything. They turned Dante into a soldier from the crusades who invades hell to rescue Beatrice. Fights demons with a cross and a giant scythe.

Still though, there's some elements that hold to the poem. The depictions of the circles of hell are taken straight from the original work, they tried to stay true to the personalities of the characters, etc. It's about as loose an adaptation as you can get, but I still really dig the concept.

Yeah. It's not a faithful adaptation or anything. They turned Dante into a soldier from the crusades who invades hell to rescue Beatrice. Fights demons with a cross and a giant scythe.

Still though, there's some elements that hold to the poem. The depictions of the circles of hell are taken straight from the original work, they tried to stay true to the personalities of the characters, etc. It's about as loose an adaptation as you can get, but I still really dig the concept.

Yeah I just looked it up and saw that. I don't like the idea that Dante is a soldier trying to rescue anybody, because the only person he is trying to save is himself basically. But I guess it is probably the only way to go.

Also I just read they are attempting a movie as well. That could be interesting.

Yeah I just looked it up and saw that. I don't like the idea that Dante is a soldier trying to rescue anybody, because the only person he is trying to save is himself basically. But I guess it is probably the only way to go.

Also I just read they are attempting a movie as well. That could be interesting.

For a game adaptation, yeah, you're right, it's probably the only way to go. A film would work just fine staying a little more faithful to the poem though. I'd be thrilled to see a poem-to-film attempt. Not to say it'd be successful, but I'd certainly watch the attempt.

As for a poem-to-game-to-film adaptation? No thanks. That's just getting too far removed.

For a game adaptation, yeah, you're right, it's probably the only way to go. A film would work just fine staying a little more faithful to the poem though. I'd be thrilled to see a poem-to-film attempt. Not to say it'd be successful, but I'd certainly watch the attempt.

As for a poem-to-game-to-film adaptation? No thanks. That's just getting too far removed.

Oh definitely. I am really hoping the film is going to be strictly poem to film. I would definitely go see it in theaters. Hopefully they would be able to truly integrate the allegory that goes on in the story. But it is self-explanatory basically so they wouldn't have to intentionally put it in, just make it true to the story.

Also I would hope they don't go crazy with CGI effects, just use what is necessary for the story and make it the "one film of the year you have to see". I have high hopes for good books being made into films. I have high expectations that the 2 Harry Potter movies (7th being split in two) are not leaving too much out of the movie. Sorry for the tangent. High expectations on book to film adaptations though.

Ugh I can't imagine how awful a film adaptation would be. I imagine it would be a schmaltzy Hollywood mess.

Fratelli, I have a Twitter account. I love it, as I use it to keep in touch with Bif Naked, and Tara Spencer-Nairn. It's not for everybody though.

BTW, how are my nWZo brothers this fair day?

And a video game out of Dante's Inferno? As in, part of the Divine Comedies? And they bastardized perhaps one of the most important literary works of all times? Is nothing sacred?

Oh, and I went ahead and ordered a Bobby Orr Bruins jersey. Can't wait for it to get here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back