• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The WZCW Unbound Podcast

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
So KJ and I had some free time on our hands, and after drawing inspiration from other notable forum members, we decided to do our own podcast. THis is in no way meant to take away from the work Dynamite puts into his own podcast, but we wanted to do something we thought was fun.

Have at it fellas.

[YOUTUBE]ZMYy9kIZ2AE[/YOUTUBE]

Because Yaz and I just went "lets do it" and "yeah" at each other over and over until we did it.

Next time. KB.

Well you have 12 days before I go to England. Get it together so I can rip on both of you for an hour.

Yeah, really good for a first time guys. Well done. It seemed like a "one and done" kinda deal though but I hope that's not the case. It's really interesting to hear from the guys who run this place personally. And I'd love to throw my hat into the ring to join you guys if you ever need someone to shoot the shit with.

Really enjoyable. Definitely think you should do more. There's something to be said about hearing from the two top creative members at once on a podcast. The structure was pretty good.... a good mix of WZCW, "real" wrestling, random other stuff, and back to WZCW again. That's a winning format right there.

I'll also throw my name out there if you want to bring some others onto a show.

We would love to have both you guys on. We have some audio issues to work out, mainly me being louder than KJ, but we plan to make more.

It's fun to just shoot the shit for 90 minutes.

I need a freaking mic ans I can't find a USB one to work with my PC. And a better audio program.

If you guys can provide some feedback on the random music bits, I'd appreciate it. I feel it helps the atmosphere and gets rid of a lot of dead noise given how low rent it all actually is. I'll certainly get better editing software so the volume doesn't spike and interferes and get a better soundtrack.

Thoughts?

So we want to try to get a new show up before KB heads off to get hitched. What are some topics you would like to hear us talk about? What are some questions you want answered? Feel free to PM one of us(KJ and I) with them.

Don't send them to me. I want to be surprised and answer off the top of my head. I'll answer anything. Wrestling, forums, WZCW, boulders, etc. The show is Friday so get them in fast.

Reactions: NSL
If you guys can provide some feedback on the random music bits, I'd appreciate it. I feel it helps the atmosphere and gets rid of a lot of dead noise given how low rent it all actually is. I'll certainly get better editing software so the volume doesn't spike and interferes and get a better soundtrack.

Thoughts?

They were a nice touch but a little too loud in a few cases. I listened to the podcast while laying down on the other side of the room from where the computer is, so I legit thought that a couple of them were ads that had popped up. The one that played during the Lottery and Roulette portion of the discussion played a little too long. As long as I can still hear both of you over the songs, then they add more to it.

In regards to the sound, I agree with Dagger. I liked the sound intermission because it added some flavour. Sometimes though, it was a little bit loud and meant I couldn't hear you guys too good.

hey guys, just listened to the first 10 minutes or so of the show (I fully plan to listen to the rest) and I love it so far. There are a few things I would like to suggest to help make it even better:

1) The audio stings are great and do work when it comes to clearing dead air. That being said in a Podcast there can be dead air don't be afraid to let it be when it works.

2) the audio stings are inconsistent in volume and can drown out what you're saying. Doing a master mix is a tricky as hell thing to get right but if you normalize the audio it should go a long way in reducing the volume spikes

3) Killjoy man you need headphones! I can hear Mikey on a delay the whole way through.

4) I love the stereo mix and it's a cool idea that works really well however I would turn the knobs just a little bit more central, not completely but like 45-60 degrees instead of 90. Having one guy ONLY on the left channel and one ONLY on the right sounds unrealistic.

This is all minor technical stuff but working on them will hugely improve the overall quality of the show - the content is excellent. When can I be a guest?

I liked incorporated music to podcasts. Has that Welcome to Night Vale feel to it. Needs some balancing and through my headphones I heard KJ on my left and Yaz on my right which was cool at first but the longer that went on it really made me hate headphones. Other than that great start and had my interest throughout.

I've watched half so far. Here are some random sesponses:

• Numbers & I are the two past Head of Creatives to never win the world title.
  • How dare you two share the sacred art of match writing. Kayfabe is dead. DEAD!
  • I think the team you were thinking of was Demon Foreigners.
  • "Vega killing people with his gold-plated desert eagle." :lmao:
  • Green man accepts your compliments.

Yeah, I have to echo what Killjoy and Yaz are saying about FalK and Kermit. Both of you have been amazing in the last few weeks. Awesome work.

It has been a literal war to find a mic for my shitty computer. Hopefully I just solved it. I need to test it. [

QUOTE=Spidey;5227165]I liked incorporated music to podcasts. Has that Welcome to Night Vale feel to it. Needs some balancing and through my headphones I heard KJ on my left and Yaz on my right which was cool at first but the longer that went on it really made me hate headphones. Other than that great start and had my interest throughout.[/QUOTE]

I noticed it too. The recording and editing software weren't the best. So I nabbed Audacity.

i got mentioned in the podcast!!!! lol i say great podcast guys, as a new guy, i liked hearing people that have been around for awhile, and have had success talk about the fed. Really helps someone who's new get "connected"(idk if thats the proper word....but yea)

i got mentioned in the podcast!!!! lol i say great podcast guys, as a new guy, i liked hearing people that have been around for awhile, and have had success talk about the fed. Really helps someone who's new get "connected"(idk if thats the proper word....but yea)
Glad to hear. Keep up the good work, bro.

So I think we are hosting another podcast this evening so any questions for KB, Killjoy, or myself you can PM to me or KJ. Any other topics you can PM to us as all.

Roll out.

Here we are once again folks. KJ and Yaz, and special guest, KB. We ran about two hours this go round. With topics ranging from Lucha Underground's amazing All Night Long show, to KB's take on the fed, to what video games we have been playing lately. Includes an additional download link in the description for those who want to listen on a medium that isn't Youtube. Enjoy fellas.

[YOUTUBE]WKNWF6o32G4[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back