The New York Giants Thread

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
Big Blue overcame the odds and raised a middle finger to the naysayers by becoming the NFC champions. Now, they have a rematch from 2007 with the New England Patriots for the Superbowl Championship on February 5, 2012.

Love them or hate them, they never back down or give up.

I'm pretty sure that the majority of posters in this thread are going to shit on my boys but regardless, let's keep all the discussion in here!!

GO GIANTS!!

The G-men aren't my team by no stretch of the imagination but they definitely have earned their spot in the big game. I think they will beat the Pat's again and add another Superbowl to their resume.

GO GIANTS!

As a Cowboys fan, there's no way I can pull for the Giants in the SB.

But I'll give them their due, they played well and deserve to be where they are.

The Niners, on the other hand, are scary! Can you imagine how good they would be if they had a real QB and not Alex Smith? They were two crucial turnovers away from going to the SB with a lame ass QB like Smith.

If they're smart they'll persue the REAL Manning in the off-season.

But you can't blame Smith for either of those turnovers. I blame the weather... it made the whole game a mess.

Shame, I was flat out wrong on my prediction between the Championship games. But I am going to be rooting for the NYG

ELI!

It's tough enough to be a great quarterback, but to do it without a decent running game backing you up is astounding. What Eli did this year should be noted in the MVP voting.

As a Cowboys fan, there's no way I can pull for the Giants in the SB.

But I'll give them their due, they played well and deserve to be where they are.

The Niners, on the other hand, are scary! Can you imagine how good they would be if they had a real QB and not Alex Smith? They were two crucial turnovers away from going to the SB with a lame ass QB like Smith.

If they're smart they'll persue the REAL Manning in the off-season.

Granted Alex Smith isn't an elite level QB, he sure as fuck didn't lose that game yesterday.

The biggest play in that game was a dumb luck bounce, though Eli has got to be the luckiest QB I've ever seen; and I'm not saying he's not good, cause he is, but god damn is he one lucky fucker.

ELI!

It's tough enough to be a great quarterback, but to do it without a decent running game backing you up is astounding. What Eli did this year should be noted in the MVP voting.

Not to mention the physical punishment and adversity he rose above. The O-line did jack shit for him all game because of the wet conditions.

Granted Alex Smith isn't an elite level QB, he sure as fuck didn't lose that game yesterday.

The biggest play in that game was a dumb luck bounce, though Eli has got to be the luckiest QB I've ever seen; and I'm not saying he's not good, cause he is, but god damn is he one lucky fucker.

But what did ELI do that was so lucky besides scramble away from defenders, not give up one interception, and keeping field position all game? If you're talking about the two almost-INT's then you can call it lucky all you want... that's football.

But what did ELI do that was so lucky besides scramble away from defenders, not give up one interception, and keeping field position all game? If you're talking about the two almost-INT's then you can call it lucky all you want... that's football.

It's football, but it's also luck. The bounce that skimmed the knee, that's luck. I'm not just talking luck that is directly related to Eli, but the Giants in general are lucky.

Niners would have won that game yesterday if it wasn't for that one lucky bounce. Eli is always on the other end of lucky bounces, catches and calls. Like I said, I'm not taking anything away from his talent; but he's been blessed with both. You gotta be lucky to win, I've heard it thousands of times relating to every sport, talent will only get you so far; you gotta be lucky too.

It's football, but it's also luck. The bounce that skimmed the knee, that's luck. I'm not just talking luck that is directly related to Eli, but the Giants in general are lucky.

Niners would have won that game yesterday if it wasn't for that one lucky bounce. Eli is always on the other end of lucky bounces, catches and calls. Like I said, I'm not taking anything away from his talent; but he's been blessed with both. You gotta be lucky to win, I've heard it thousands of times relating to every sport, talent will only get you so far; you gotta be lucky too.

Not for nothing but how was it a "lucky" bounce? If the Niners receiver was going to let the ball roll, why did he stand so close to it? Blame HIM, not luck. If he put himself in a better position and the ball bounced and line-drive shot at his knee, I'd call it luck. But when you're a professional punt-receiving football player and you put yourself in that bad of a position, when the ball bounces off your knee, then YOU fucked up.

But you can't blame Smith for either of those turnovers. I blame the weather... it made the whole game a mess.

I don't blame Smith for those turnovers. I'm simply saying a better QB could have risen above and won the game. Smith couldn't.

Not for nothing but how was it a "lucky" bounce? If the Niners receiver was going to let the ball roll, why did he stand so close to it? Blame HIM, not luck. If he put himself in a better position and the ball bounced and line-drive shot at his knee, I'd call it luck. But when you're a professional punt-receiving football player and you put yourself in that bad of a position, when the ball bounces off your knee, then YOU fucked up.

Trust me, he'll be getting blamed for this loss for years to come, his second fumble was a major fuck up, and he probably shouldn't have stood so close on the first one; but the ball took a funky (lucky) hop, you cant deny that.

I mean, just look at the previous SB matchup between these two teams. Luckiest catch/play in the history of football. Sure there's skill involved; but that play was founded on luck. Otherwise we'd see shit like that all the time. The Giants also needed some "luck" to make it into the playoffs to begin with. Sure they had to win out, which is the skill part; but they needed other teams to lose too and that was completely out of their control; thus more of the "luck" factor. Like I said, skill & luck; denying the Giants are lucky is just blind fanboyism.... again, that doesn't mean Eli's not talented, and the Giants aren't good; it just means they're lucky too.

I don't blame Smith for those turnovers. I'm simply saying a better QB could have risen above and won the game. Smith couldn't.

I don't know considering how well the Giants defense has been playing throughout these playoffs. By that logic Aaron Rogers could have overcome and won the game last week. Also considering the turnover that gave the Giant's the victory was in Overtime it didn't matter how good Smith was, he couldn't do a thing in that situation.

Also I will bring up that Smith did overcome the Saints the weekend before even when the Niners squandered a 17 point lead and let the Saints back in the game (and they were even leading in the final minute), but Smith marched down the field and won him the game. I don't think you are giving Alex Smith enough credit.

Trust me, he'll be getting blamed for this loss for years to come, his second fumble was a major fuck up, and he probably shouldn't have stood so close on the first one; but the ball took a funky (lucky) hop, you cant deny that.

I mean, just look at the previous SB matchup between these two teams. Luckiest catch/play in the history of football. Sure there's skill involved; but that play was founded on luck. Otherwise we'd see shit like that all the time. The Giants also needed some "luck" to make it into the playoffs to begin with. Sure they had to win out, which is the skill part; but they needed other teams to lose too and that was completely out of their control; thus more of the "luck" factor. Like I said, skill & luck; denying the Giants are lucky is just blind fanboyism.... again, that doesn't mean Eli's not talented, and the Giants aren't good; it just means they're lucky too.

EVERYONE is lucky in sports. But the plays that become game-changers always become the "lucky" plays. I don't agree with your assessment, considering there are 60 minutes in a football game and about 75% of the game is driven by luck... bounces... tipped passes... tripping and falling an extra yard... etc. Fact of the matter is that the 49ers receiver is a professional football player whose job is to adjust as per every punt that comes to him. He made a mistake and stood in the wrong place, regardless of how the ball bounced. Part of his job is to anticipate the bounce and with that much of the game on the line, he should've been FAR away from that ball. You call "luck"... I call mistake.

I did. I never disagreed with the fact that he should have been far away from the ball. Same thing applies whenever there's a fumble. Too many players try to scoop up the ball instead of falling on it. Gronkowski tried to pick up the ball yesterday and it went right through him.

I did. I never disagreed with the fact that he should have been far away from the ball. Same thing applies whenever there's a fumble. Too many players try to scoop up the ball instead of falling on it. Gronkowski tried to pick up the ball yesterday and it went right through him.

Then what was the point of your previous post? What does the shape of a football have to do with standing in the correct field position??

I wasn't trying to say that the shape of a football had anything to do with standing in the right position.

Maybe I should have added that in most situations, the kick returner will try to scoop up the ball. Looking at the video, even though he could have picked up the ball and ran with it, I have no idea why he stuck his leg out towards the ball. He didn't even he to move away from with it. If he stood still, it wouldn't have hit him.

Only mistake Williams made the second fumble is not securing the ball right off the bat. If he did that, it looked like he was going to break a long one.

I tip my hat to the 49ers. Did a great job this season and I see no reason why they shouldn't win the division next year.

I see a reason why... it's called the New Orleans Saints. The Niners never should've made it this far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back