The Mosh Pit: The Official Metal Thread

Hasn't been posted yet but:

[YOUTUBE]uhBHL3v4d3I[/YOUTUBE]

An excerpt from their upcoming album, "Hardwired...To Self-Destruct", releasing 18th November this year.

Finally!

Incoming drop of songs. They are a lot of stuff, so I put them in spoiler tags so it can load better for peeps. These are all new songs, too!

[YOUTUBE]IRkLFkiakw0[/YOUTUBE]

Epica with a preview of their new album, and getting on board with the new lyric video format, going half-half with lyric and actual video clip. Very weird lyrics, but they hit hard for an opera metal band.

[YOUTUBE]vtaVKW5N_VE[/YOUTUBE]

Delain doing the same as Epica, except they're returning to form. They've moved back from the pop metal scene, and gotten back to their routes on this one.

[YOUTUBE]X6DhSj9Fq4c[/YOUTUBE]

This song by September Morning was used as PPV theme for TNA in 2012, but that was their shitty demo version. They release their album a month ago, and this is their polished version. Imagine Harley Quinn in a metal band, and if she wasn't as crazy.

[YOUTUBE]7Na3sECLYI8[/YOUTUBE]

I mean, it's Motionless in White... still hitting as hard as they've ever done. One of the best metalcore bands in the world. I'd argue they're the best.

[YOUTUBE]Qz8VjXMRiw4[/YOUTUBE]

Hot blonde alternate girl who can sing, and scream, for a metal band. They're good enough to listen, and not hate yourself for listening to them (I'm looking at you Butcher Babies).

[YOUTUBE]Ylyqoxh-cXk[/YOUTUBE]

Sabaton are arguably the biggest band to hail from Poland. They sing about war, and they bring power metal elements to their music. This isn't their best song, but it's one of their new ones.

[YOUTUBE]Cm5Nevsj1CE[/YOUTUBE]

Final one, I promise: it's one of A Day to Remember's new singles they've released. I know they're not exactly metal, but pop punk is close enough, and I heard talk of Skillet in here, so screw you.

I'm starting to believe Australia has some of the best bands going right now. Amity Affliction, Tonight Alive, Parkway Drive and I Killed The Prom Queen.

Parkway Drive and Tonight Alive are class acts, too... despite Tonight Alive being very vocal about her beliefs on-stage. I don't listen to the other two, as I haven't heard them ever. I should look into it.

Sabaton are arguably the biggest band to hail from Poland. They sing about war, and they bring power metal elements to their music. This isn't their best song, but it's one of their new ones.

Nergal just vomited all over himself.

And Sabaton is from Sweden.

Parkway Drive and Tonight Alive are class acts, too... despite Tonight Alive being very vocal about her beliefs on-stage. I don't listen to the other two, as I haven't heard them ever. I should look into it.

What's funny is I Killed The Prom Queen discovered Parkway Drive and took them on tour with them. They even did a split EP together. And their guitarist was in Bring Me The Horizon and Bleeding Through for a bit

I might have posted it in this thread before but I Killed The Prom Queen have gone through three different vocalists so I'll post one from each of them

Michael Crafter

[YOUTUBE]yAtCiu9zW1s[/YOUTUBE]

Ed Butcher

[YOUTUBE]CRSXeKhFSOs[/YOUTUBE]

Jamie Hope

[YOUTUBE]c6MOiJmbrgg[/YOUTUBE]

I've literally only been listening to Amity Affliction for a few weeks so it's only stuff from their last two albums I've heard but still.

[YOUTUBE]vu3xGr-lNVI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]1NOqg9pK4R8[/YOUTUBE]

Oh and this is for Tom Searle. RIP

[YOUTUBE]O59JNz7rdIU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]0d-1ZilyKdw[/YOUTUBE]

Hasn't been posted yet but:

[YOUTUBE]uhBHL3v4d3I[/YOUTUBE]

An excerpt from their upcoming album, "Hardwired...To Self-Destruct", releasing 18th November this year.

Finally!

A return to their roots. This feels like it could have been on some of their earlier records for sure.

Stumbled across them a few months ago. Super technical. Great stuff. A mixture of Abysmal Dawn, Necrophagist, Death, and Decapitated.

[youtube]vYUO4YmH8fE[/youtube]

There is a lot of new music coming in the metal world.

New music I am enjoying:

Trivium - The Sin and the Sentence / Hate From Your Heart
Bullet For My Valentine - I Don't Need You
Backwordz
Fire From The Gods
Stick To Your Guns (new album soon or is out already)
Metallica - Moth Into Flame, Now That We're Dead, Halo on Fire (Entire album to be honest)

Any others or good suggestions?

I've been getting into Volumes and Code Orange.

Really dig Volumes harmonised clean and screamed vocals

Like Code Orange's grungey hardcore as well

I checked out Volumes from your comments in the What Song Are You Currently Listening To thread and they are really good. I am not sure why they need the guy screaming when Myke can clearly scream on his and is an excellent screamer/singer.

Good stuff for sure.

Have you checked out anything further on Iron Horse?

The signer of Ghost sounds like a real douch bag. Trying to claim the band as a solo act the entire time while avoid to pay the remaining members of the group. Seriously that is some fucked up shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back