• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MOSH PIT: The "Metalhead" Thread

I prefer Austrian Death Machine myself. Although, this news is crazy to hear; well to read about that is. I'll have to check it out more when I get home. Sounds interesting and weird to say the least.

THIS THREAD IS EPICNESS

While I listen to a wide range of music, my favorite genres are Noise/Mathcore/Metal and Punk.

The Metal I like is... well a little from each column I guess, from Heavy Metal to NuMetal all the way to Death, Grind and Speed, and a little of everything in between.

What are your Favourite Bands?
Stuff that I could listen to no matter what mood I'm in? Well, I'd say Meshuggah, Botch/The Dillinger Escape Plan (though that's more Math), Deftones (mostly the less melodic stuff)
Favourite Classic Albums?
First "Metal" I heard and I'd say it falls under Classic, Paranoid! AW YEAH
Best Albums of 2009?
I have a terrible memory, and often forget huge chunks of years.
Best Shows You've Been To?
WHY I'M GLAD YOU ASKED!
Meshuggah in Holland and A Wilhelm Scream also in Holland, but my favorite and probably best would be HELLFEST in Clisson, France! Which I've been to two years in a row (and this will be my first year missing it, thus breaking the streak, and now I'm sad)! Last year I saw Hatebreed, Lamb of God, Ozzy and Friends, Slash, Alcest, Death Before Dishonor, Evergreen Terrace (cool guys, hung out with us for a bit) and like a million more! FESTIVALS FOR LIFE

Are You in a Band?

WHY, I'M GLAD YOU ASKED AGAIN!

Yes, and I have some songs up, but it's pretty terrible stuff. Hoping to release an EP by the end of the year; it'll still be terrible, but I sure like it :D

In somewhat related news; I'm excited to receive the DEP pack that I preordered, but it'll probably take ages to get here.

Great to see a thread for this amazing genre.

What are your Favourite Bands: My general favourite bands tend to be 80 and 90's thrash metal, with a few other more modern bands thrown in like Killswitch Engage and Shadows Fall. I'm a massive fan of Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, Nuclear Assault, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Overkill in particular.

Favourite Classic Albums?: Probably have to say Powerslave by Iron Maiden, it's the only album that I've listened to and said "Every song in this album is brilliant". Bruce is an amazing singer.

Best Albums of 2009?
Honestly can't remember.

Best Shows You've Been To?
Again, Iron Maiden win here again. The atmosphere in the O2 was absolutely electric when I went to see them live and they really put 110% into making every show great.

Are You in a Band?
Nope, but it's certainly piqued my interest.

I pretty much have the same taste as Fallout does above me, just throw in some Testament & Iced Earth. As for my favorite classic album, it's a toss-up between Metallica's "Master of Puppets" & Megadeth's "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?".

As for the best album, I'm going to make it more recent and say the best metal album(s) of 2012. This again is a tie between Overkill's "The Electric Age" & Testament's "Dark Roots of the Earth".

Never been to a show, don't hear many metal bans here. No, I am also not in a band, but I try to teach myself guitar on my spare time.

I'll end off with an awesome song from on of the albums I've chosen.

[YOUTUBE]3zU1LNg-6aQ[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back