• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MOSH PIT: The "Metalhead" Thread

They're also rumors of a new album to be made or are being made the last time I checked Wiki. I know not the greatest source to believe. Clown is saying they have been writing more and Corey is denying it and saying they have no plans of a new album. It is sort of what they did for Iowa to make us wait for the album longer.

Either way R.I.P Paul Grey.

Ohh, and for the 10th anniversary of Iowa I will probably be buying it. I have bought every album at least 2 times if not more. I hope they through Black Heart on their along with what was originally going to be called Disaster Pieces, but I can't think of the name. They are insane songs an originally released on the Iowa Japanese edition. (Don't truly quote me on that though) I hope it has something different with it but I guess we will wait and see. Sorry for the double post too.

I've been into this band from Brooklyn by the name of Liturgy. Not sure if any of you have listened to them but I strongly suggest checking out their album "Aesthethica".

Liturgy is pretty damn good! Although I would say I do prefer Deafheaven in that genre of post-black metal. Either way, I enjoy some Liturgy every now and then. They are certainly alot better than Agalloch. Agalloch's latest was a giant steamer.

I got into Liturgy on Aesthethica, read good things about them. I really like it, haven't had time to checkout their older stuff yet.

Post black metal wise, no-one comes close to Wolves in the Throne Room in my opinion. Celestial Lineage is incredible.

Altar of Plagues are also worth checking out if you like post black metal.

Look who's back.

I've been looking forward to this album if for no other reason than to get a better idea of what Anette Olzon can do. I wasn't totally blown away by Dark Passion Play, but not dead set against it either, but that single (which wasn't released with Dark Passion Play for some absurd reason) The Escapist was incredible and was in my top 3 Nightwish songs easily.

Too soon to say exactly what I think about this song yet. I haven't had much time to 'digest' so to speak, but my initial impression is that I kinda like it. I do hope this album turns out better than Dark Passion Play though, on the whole I didn't really like that album too much, aside from Poet & The Pendulum, Master Passion Greed, & 7 Days to the Wolves.

I've recently seen Kamelot and Alestorm live in concert and loved every minute. Both bands have risen to my top 10 list. They were also with the Agonist and Blackguard. All 4 bands were amazing..

I usually tend to like Power Metal bands and Folk Metal bands now and days, I use to like Melodic Death Metal but not so much as of lately. I tend to find as much underground stuff as I can and at the moment, Folk Metal bands appear to be the underground in metal.

Here is a power/folk metal band called Skiltron which I have been listening to a lot of..

Skiltron - Join the Clan

Something about bagpipe solos, fast and heavy music with some good high pitched vocals singing about epic wars and battles really appeals to me since I am into going to SCA events and live action roleplaying.. I also consider myself pagan so bands like Skiltron, Eluveitie and Elvenking I can relate to..

I enjoy Kamelot, I'm not huge for clean vocals in metal anymore. I do enjoy them, but I've been leaning to more growls in my vocals. I know your post was on power metal bands like Skiltron, but Kamelot is a great band. I'm glad you got a chance to see them live!

[YOUTUBE]0Qdcl67H1Jw[/YOUTUBE]

Shagrath makes that song, they needed a dark voice in it and he provided it. Roy Khan has a great voice, was a shame to hear he isn't with them anymore. Hopefully he finds what he wants, be it metal or another Genre.

I know I'm grasping for straws here, but tying in with Shagrath I found a band a few years ago that I really like. It's an all female band that is pretty fucking brutal.

[YOUTUBE]gN0kNBVl6q4[/YOUTUBE]

I knew Shagrath was in the song as soon as I heard it. But I looked up the band and was like wtf! That's a chick singing that? Good shit, look up the rest of their music if you enjoy this song.

I like the entire Imaginaerum album more than I liked Dark Passion Play.

Look who's back.

I've been looking forward to this album if for no other reason than to get a better idea of what Anette Olzon can do. I wasn't totally blown away by Dark Passion Play, but not dead set against it either, but that single (which wasn't released with Dark Passion Play for some absurd reason) The Escapist was incredible and was in my top 3 Nightwish songs easily.

Too soon to say exactly what I think about this song yet. I haven't had much time to 'digest' so to speak, but my initial impression is that I kinda like it. I do hope this album turns out better than Dark Passion Play though, on the whole I didn't really like that album too much, aside from Poet & The Pendulum, Master Passion Greed, & 7 Days to the Wolves.

So despite the fact that Christian Älvestam is no longer the lead vocalist for Scar Symmetry, I decided to give the new records a go and honestly, I was pleasantly surprised at how well the band seemed to keep to their original sound (something not easily replicated with the loss of Älvestam) despite having two singers now.

Both Dark Matter Dimensions and The Unseen Empire have some fantastic tracks that really should ease the pain of SS fans who were fearful the band was all but dead when Älvestam moved on.

I strongly suggest any fans of the Holographic Universe record give the two new records an objective chance. My guess is at least a portion of you will grow to like it.

GALAKTIKON.jpg

Just under a month ago, the creator of Dethklok and Metalocalypse released a solo project entitled "Brendon Small's Galaktikon". He did guitar work and vocals, while accompanied by Dethklok bandmates Gene Hoglan (drums) and Bryan Belle (bass). After listening to it a few times, I love this album. You can tell that it's the same guys from Dethklok. If you haven't listen to it and are into metal, I highly recommend this record.

Let's start with the questions answered from the start

What are your Favourite Bands? All-time, it has to be Metallica, Maiden and Slayer, but currently, I'm into modern thrash - Trivium and Machine Head, and I really dig Dream Theater.
Favourite Classic Albums? Ride the Lightning, Metal up your ass (or as some might know it, kill em all), Somewhere in time
Best Albums of 2011? Locust by MH
Best Shows You've Been To? I've actually been to only 3 shows, as I'm fairly young, but among those, It's Metallica - black album reunion, Udine 2012
Are You in a Band? I'm in two bands. Heavy Metal garage band - Mirror of Alias and in an alternative/funk band Black Albino Mice :D

Down they come, The swarm of locusts.​

[YOUTUBE]2jGZJxnJk-4[/YOUTUBE]​

Lyrics:
Sweet caress
Grazes my skin
It's loveless
These hooks sink in
Behind an angel's disguise
An insect preys
Mandibles cut like a knife
A reckoning

Forming clouds
Their shadow shrouds
Louder the tattered wings they sound
Descending down

Down they come
The swarm of locusts
Skies above
Converge to choke us
Feast of souls
Consume the harvest
Young and old
Suffer unto the locust

Surrender
These veins are bled
Devoured
Nothing sacred
Strings pull the marionettes
See how they dance
Upon the winds that beget
Our pestilence

Forming clouds
Their shadow shrouds
Descending down

Down they come
The swarm of locusts
Skies above
Converge to choke us
Feast of souls
Consume the harvest
Young and old
Suffer unto the locust

Bleeding from my eyes
This plague is sent to erase us
Bleeding from inside
These vermin can't infiltrate us

Faith appears and holds a candle
Hark the angels sing

Forming clouds
Their shadow shrouds

Tear the veil
The lies derail
Purity ever will prevail

Trumpets sound
The shattered crown
Halos of truth now they surround
The charade comes down

Down they come
The swarm of locusts
Skies above
Converge to choke us
Feast of souls
Consume the harvest
Young and old
Suffer unto the locust

Personally as a fan of allmost all things metal, I fucking love this song! It's just amazing, and the 4 year wait for 1 song was well worth it. A cd will follow, and I'm sure it's going to be of allmost godlike quailty.

Well, the CD has been out for some time and can honestly say that it's my favorite stuff from MH. Sure, AOH was a kick ass tribute to Dimebag, but they fucking rule live with songs like I AM HELL or WHO WE ARE. It's just kick ass. Pure, brutal Thrash Metal. Hope they get as much success as they can in this day and age...

Jon Lord has been dead for a few days now. I think he deserves some respect on these forums as one of the most influential keyboard players and as part of one of the pioneers for heavy metal, Deep Purple. Rest in Peace

Despite being one of the most heavily criticized bands in metal, not only do I adore the new In Flames (as well as every other previous record), but I absolutely love the way Anders Fríden handles himself in an interview where questions about the bands integrity and "new sound" come into play.

I've always hated the elitist snobs who shit on every major production, especially when a band evolves way from it's "original" sound, and Fríden hits this one out of the park:

[YOUTUBE]B-Onbk6nAjY[/YOUTUBE]

I love seeing people on youtube preach that every day. Oh this band changed, this way or that way. It gets funny, sure some bands change up so much that their sound really isn't the same anymore.

But when it comes down to it, it's still the same band that you love. It's just new music, everyones taste in music can evolve and change. Just like old bands try to change up to keep fresh. No band has ever stayed the same over the course of twenty years. In flames is no exception.

Bands like Canibal Corpse, and Deicide made a legacy off their sound. But still continue to evolve into something new. Let me ask any music fan this. Why would you want to lisiten to the same shit for 10-15 years? Every band moves forward, no band is an exempt from that.

I love the old albums from In flames, songs like Clayman, and Pinball map are amazing. But the newest album is a solid play. Very enjoyable, and very new sounding. I enjoy the clean vocals I hear from Anders now. He has an amazing singing voice.

On a side note, a few notes in music today for anyone who hasn't kept tabs. Devildriver has left Roadrunner records, and joined Napalm records. To be quite honest I'm not sure how much I like this. Napalm has a track record with alot of Black metal, and more. Devildriver does not fit that bill at all. I guess we will have to wait till 2013 to see if this new partnership changes up Devildriver's sound any.

But in one loss, Roadrunner records picks something up. An amazing band, a band that I show alot of love on here, Gojira. I was stoked when I read the news a few months ago. I can sit here and tell you, omfg this album is so good. If you like Gojira... You WILL like their new album. L'enfant Sauvage, The wild child. Check it out asap.

220px-DethklokDethalbum3.jpg

I am loving that Dethalbum III. It came out this past Tuesday, and I can't stop listening to it. Brendon Small, along with Gene Hoglan and Bryan Beller, have done a masterful job and have proven that Dethklok isn't just a joke band anymore.

If anyone is interested in hearing it in high quality, this channel on Youtube has every song from the record:
http://www.youtube.com/user/M3tal5torM?feature=watch

A bit late, but Disciple's CD "O God Save Us All" was released Tuesday, and it seems to be really good.

Not as heavy as some of their songs, but good nonetheless.

[YOUTUBE]3fuFthydoJ4[/YOUTUBE]

Last Tuesday, former Metallica bassist, Jason Newsted, released an EP titled "Metal". He performs vocals and bass guitar on the record, while Jessie Farnsworth plays guitar and Jesus Mendez Jr. plays drums. I've got to say, these guys have done a decent job. There are only four songs, but each are a pretty good length, and have a really strong old school heavy metal vibe. Definitely worth checking out if you've ever been into bands like Metallica or Motörhead.

Yesterday, Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman died in a hospital. It was reported that he died of liver failure. It's unknown whether or not it was related to the spider bite that caused him to contract the flesh eating necrotizing fasciitis. His influence on metal and rock is unavoidable, and it really sucks that he was taken at such a young age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back