• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MOSH PIT: The "Metalhead" Thread

As everyone in this section might allredy know, Devildriver put out their Beast album on Febuary 22. Critics are giving it brutal reviews and praising them for changing up their style yet once again. Blabbermouth, one of metals biggest news websites had a large front page advertisement for the cd along with many many metal news websites having smaller adverts for the album. Dez the lead singer of the band also was on the metal radio show Saturday night scream in Syracuse Ny, promoting the album. He also hinted to a large summer tour, but didn't say ware it would be.

In Devildriver related news, Guitarists Jeff Kendrick and Mike Spreitzer new all guitar website has taken off with a large bang! They have the Allaxess website running in full force, bios, real guitar videos, and even lessons! Go check it out and the new video posted by Periphery on the website going down the list of their gear.

[YOUTUBE]1AAlWB3IOPc[/YOUTUBE]

Well in metal news today we had the announcment of the 2011 Uranium tour, Fuse got together a really nice lineup for this tour. Black label Society, All that remains, and Hail the villans will be the three main bands on the bill. Rev Theory will also tag along on a few shows. Some shows will be an all Bls show with no openers. But as it goes the tour starts in San Diego on May 4th and ends May 31st in Chicago. June 1st-5th Bls will play shows in St. Louis, Alantic city, Nyc, And Richmond just on their own.

Also on March 29th Cavalera Conspiracy will put out their second album Titled Blunt force trauma. The album will be released on Roadrunner Records.

Manowar will return to the studio in April to resume work on its new album "Hammer of the gods". Hammer Of The Gods" was previously described as the first installment of "The Asgard Saga", the band's unique multimedia fantasy adventure with best-selling author Wolfgang Hohlbein. Also in Manowar related news their shows in Gothenburg Sweden on the 29th and 30th, they have confermed that due to the sold out shows they will put on a third show on the 31st.

In metal news that I feel the need to report today, In Flames finally...... Made it official that Niclas Engelin From Swedish band Engel will be joining them to replace Jesper Stromblad on their second guitar. For the past two years he has been touring with them as a back up for Jesper who was fighting alcohol addiction and left in 2010.

In the most brutal of news this week, Motorhead officially has a day in 2011 Decreed after them. March 8th 2011, today is now official Motorhead day in Austin, Texas. They will be performing in Stubb's bar-b-Q. In related news, No one officially received a day off for that Mayoral Decree. I would like to state that It is against my religion to work on any day named after Motorhead. That will be all

Queensryche was confirmed to play at this years Sweden rock festival. It is set to take place June 8th- 11th here is the lineup and GOD DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN Does it ever look like one hell of a show. How much money was taken out of the local Sweden Beer fund for this Festival.

Lineup:
ACCEPT
AGENT STEEL
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY
BLACK VEIL BRIDES
BUCKCHERRY
CLUTCH
CRASHDIET
DAN REED BAND
DESTRUCTION
DOC HOLLIDAY
DOWN
DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED
ELECTRIC WIZARD
EVERGREY
FLÄSKET BRINNER
FM
GHOST
GROUNDHOGS
GWAR
HARDCORE SUPERSTAR
HAWKWIND
HELLOWEEN
ICED EARTH
JASON & THE SCORCHERS
JOAN JETT AND THE BLACKHEARTS
JUDAS PRIEST
KANSAS
LEE AARON
MASON RUFFNER
MOLLY HATCHET
MOONSPELL
MORBID ANGEL
MR. BIG
MUSTASCH
NECRONAUT
OVERKILL
OZZY OSBOURNE
QUEENSRŸCHE
RAGE (acoustic)
RAUBTIER
RHAPSODY OF FIRE
RHINO BUCKET
ROB ZOMBIE
SAXON
SPOCK'S BEARD
STRYPER
STYX
THE BREW
THE CULT
THE DAMNED
THE HAUNTED
THIN LIZZY
WALTER TROUT
WHITESNAKE

Steven Adler is going back to Celebrity Rehab...... For the 700th time and no one cares.

I just found this song today, and already I am loving it. The motorcycle revving is actually in the song on the CD.

[YOUTUBE]sStNYq0swXY[/YOUTUBE]

The band is The Showdown, and they are just rocking out here. I definitely get some hints of Metallica here and there, especially during the clean lyrics. Great song.

And Scruff, are those the Bellas?

Holy shit! The Showdown!!!!! I used to go see these guys all the time back around 2005-2006. They played here like six times a year for a while. I used to jam to their first CD all the fucking time with my friends. I wish 2005 could just be on repeat, it really was the best year ever.

I guess I need to make a musical contribution to this thread as well. Let's see what I can do. I'm more into hardcore than I am metal, so forgive me if I post something along those lines.

The Ghost Inside-Unspoken

I absolutely love this song. It's a party song all the way and me and my friends jam to this whenever we're just driving around. I love the message of this song, too. It's just a good old-fashioned hardcore song that the whole family can enjoy.

[YOUTUBE]g1aBGM12TeQ[/YOUTUBE]

My favorite hardcore band is easily Comeback Kid. I've liked this band since I first heard them back in my early days of high school. They released their fourth album, "Symptoms + Cures", late last year. I finally got to see them live for the first time in January and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Seriously, if this band comes close to you, go see them.

This is my favorite song off the new CD.

[YOUTUBE]GaIKpbxVY34&feature=fvwrel[/YOUTUBE]

Annnnd to day in metal news brought to you by Uncle Phatso's reading of Blabbermouth.

Vader probably Poland’s second most hated band right behind Behemoth is in the Studio Recording their new album Welcome to Morbid Reich. The band entered Hertz studio in Bialystok, Poland a few days ago to lay down down about 12 or 13 tracks. Mixing and mastering is set for May with a tentative late 2011 release. Vader will debut a few songs from the cd in their summer Festival tours.

Mastodon's new live cd, Live at the Aragon is now in stores. The cd is a playing of all the songs off their last album Crack in the Skye. I got the cd a few weeks after it came out and was impressed. I picked up a few of the songs played in the new live cd on youtube and let me tell you it's top notch stuff guys.

Jesus Christ monkey balls Gojira, One of my favorite bands right now will most likely blow out my ears for about the next year to come. They are putting out a new live dvd called 'The Way Of All Flesh From The Inside'. The whole album is nothing less of a masterpiece. They are also putting a bonus section in the dvd of their soon to be put out Sea shepherd EP that they went in studio in November for. On top of that all, the sneaky bastards have also been putting together a new album!!! What the hell Joe Duplantier, don't drop all this stuff on me at once! Well right now they have about half a new album all wrote out and are working on more.

Gojira entered a Los Angeles, California-area studio in early November with producer Logan Mader to begin recording a new four-song EP, the proceeds from which will benefit Sea Shepherd, an anti-whaling organization. The EP will feature appearances by several "very special guests."

Co-Host of that metal show Eddie trunks new book Eddie Trunk's Essential Hard Rock And Heavy Metal release date has been set for April 1st, 2011. It will be a 240 page book with a lot of typical hard rock and heavy metal. A forward by Judas Priest Rob Halford will also be in the book. Here is some of what will be in the book. *read spoiler

* The night GUNS N' ROSES frontman, Axl Rose, walked onto Eddie's radio show for his first public interview in 13 years
* What happened when JUDAS PRIEST played a private show for Eddie at his 25th anniversary in radio at the Hard Rock Café in Times Square
* How Eddie convinced TWISTED SISTER to get back together in 2001
* What it was like to get on stage with Ozzy Osbourne during his infamous tour with MÖTLEY CRÜE in 1984
* Eddie's longtime relationship with his close friend the late, great Ronnie James Dio
* Sharing cucumber sandwiches with Robert Plant in England
* Being one of the very first to play METALLICA on the radio in 1983 and being flown by the band to their induction ceremony at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame
* Drunken nights and Mongolian barbeque with CHEAP TRICK
* Interviewing famous recluse drummer Neil Peart from RUSH
* Mediating a fight between Bret Michaels and his band POISON on air for VH1 Classic
* Joyriding in New Jersey with the guys from SKID ROW and helping to choose the band's first single, "Youth Gone Wild"

The book also includes more of Eddie's audience-favorite "Stump the Trunk" anecdotes and trivia, as well as his favorite playlists.

Metal rules!!

Metallica is said to be releasing an album this or next year. Looking forward to it. Their own Kirk Hammett will be on "That Metal Show" tomorrow.

I don't like Avenged Sevenfold, but their new album is changing my mind.

@Evanescent Deth, Don't let one album change your mind. They are the same band they were years ago. Expect more of the same untill they finally fall apart.

Well for all that haven't seen the news yet. Gibson put out a list a few days ago of the top 50 metal songs of all time. I think honestly that list will change alot within the next twenty years. I won't argue that the people on the list all diserve to be there, but alot of the artists have way to many songs on it. I would rather not get into an argument over this so here is the list.

01. "Master of Puppets" - METALLICA
02. "Ace of Spades" - MOTÖRHEAD
03. "Crazy Train" - OZZY OSBOURNE
04. "Iron Man" - BLACK SABBATH
05. "The Number of the Beast" - IRON MAIDEN
06. "War Pigs" - BLACK SABBATH
07. "Paranoid" - BLACK SABBATH
08. "One" - METALLICA
09. "Hallowed Be Thy Name" - IRON MAIDEN
10. "Breaking the Law" - JUDAS PRIEST
11. "Children of the Grave" - BLACK SABBATH
12. "Welcome to the Jungle" - GUNS N' ROSES
13. "Black Sabbath" - BLACK SABBATH
14. "Hells Bells" - AC/DC
15. "The Trooper" - IRON MAIDEN
16. "Painkiller" - JUDAS PRIEST
17. "Stargazer" - RAINBOW
18. "Enter Sandman" - METALLICA
19. "Back in Black" - AC/DC
20. "Runnin' with the Devil" - VAN HALEN
21. "The Hellion/Electric Eye" - JUDAS PRIEST
22. "Run to the Hills" - IRON MAIDEN
23. "Let it Go" - DEF LEPPARD
24. "Epic" - FAITH NO MORE
25. "Hangar 18" - MEGADETH
26. "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" - IRON MAIDEN
27. "You've Got Another Thing Comin'" - JUDAS PRIEST
28. "Fear of the Dark" - IRON MAIDEN
29. "Raining Blood" - SLAYER
30. "Walk" - PANTERA
31. "Holy Diver" - DIO
32. "Highway to Hell" - AC/DC
33. "Heaven and Hell" - BLACK SABBATH
34. "Bulls on Parade" - RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
35. "Fade to Black" - METALLICA
36. "Angel of Death" - SLAYER
37. "Peace Sells" - MEGADETH
38. "Freak on a Leash" - KORN
39. "Them Bones" - ALICE IN CHAINS
40. "Cemetery Gates" - PANTERA
41. "Detroit Rock City" - KISS
42. "Devil's Child" - JUDAS PRIEST
43. "Run with the Wolf" - RAINBOW
44. "Would?" - ALICE IN CHAINS
45. "We're Not Gonna Take It" - TWISTED SISTER
46. "Hell Bent for Leather" - JUDAS PRIEST
47. "Beyond the Realms of Death" - JUDAS PRIEST
48. "Bomber" - MOTÖRHEAD
49. "Unchained" - VAN HALEN
50. "10,000 Days (Wings, Part II)" - TOOL

Thanks to Blabbermouth we now have this new news.

Swedish metal legends In Flames will put out their tenth album, Sounds Of A Playground Fading, via Century Media Records. 13 songs were laid down for the CD, which was recorded at the band's IF Studios in Gothenburg with engineer Roberto Laghi.

Sounds Of A Playground Fading" is the first IN FLAMES album to be recorded without founding guitarist Jesper Strömblad, who quit the band in February 2010 in order to continue receiving treatment for his alcohol addiction.

"It's a really sad situation," Anders said. "We're talking about a friend whom we've known for a really long time. It's like a relationship that has burnt out. It just didn't work out anymore. He's a really great guy in many ways, but it's important that everybody can get along. If they don't, it affects a lot of people."

He continued, "We've lived with this for many years, and it's really sad that things are the way they are. I wish they weren't."

The cd will drop on the following dates:

Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Norway: Friday, June 17
Finland, Hungary: Wednesday, June 22
Spain, Italy: Tuesday, June 21
Rest Of Europe: Monday, June 20
North America: Tuesday, June 21
Australia, New Zealand: Friday, June 24

The cover art was made by Dave Correia and can be viewed in the spoiler box.

"Sounds Of A Playground Fading" track listing:

01. Sounds Of A Playground Fading
02. Deliver Us
03. All For Me
04. The Puzzle
05. Fear Is The Weakness
06. Where The Dead Ships Dwell
07. The Attic
08. Darker Times
09. Ropes
10. Enter Tragedy
11. Jester's Door
12. A New Dawn
13. Liberation

For the past three years I'm sure most know that Revolver in the us, and Metal hammer in the Uk have been hosting the Golden God awards. They are the Metal community's Grammy awards as it has been put. On the 4/20 they will be at Club Nokia in La. Appearances will be made by by Ozzy Osbourne, Rob Halford, Dave Grohl, Slash, Alice in Chains, Lemmy Kilmister, Dave Mustaine, Alice Cooper, Marilyn Manson, Zakk Wylde, Kat Von D, and many others. Y2J Chris Jericho will be hosting the awards also.

Alice Cooper will receive the Golden god award along with Motley Cru getting the Ronnie James Dio lifetime achievement award. Other awards are as follows in the Spoiler below!

Epiphone® Best Guitarist(s)
• John 5 (for his work with Rob Zombie)
• Dan Donegan (Disturbed)
• Gus G. (for his work with Ozzy Osbourne)
• Synyster Gates and Zacky Vengeance (Avenged Sevenfold)
• Janick Gers, Dave Murray and Adrian Smith (Iron Maiden)
• Alexi Laiho (Children of Bodom)

Drum Workshop® Best Drummer
• Tommy Clufetos (Ozzy Osbourne)
• Abe Cunningham (Deftones)
• Joey Jordison (for his work with Rob Zombie)
• Roy Mayorga (Stone Sour)
• Nicko McBrain (Iron Maiden)
• Mike Portnoy (or his work with Avenged Sevenfold)

Rockstar Energy Best Vocalist Award
• Glenn Danzig (Danzig)
• Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)
• Chino Moreno (Deftones)
• Ozzy Osbourne (Ozzy Osbourne)
• M. Shadows (Avenged Sevenfold)
• Corey Taylor (for his work with Stone Sour)

Affliction® Album of the Year
• Avenged Sevenfold, Nightmare
• Black Label Society, Order of the Black
• Deftones, Diamond Eyes
• Ozzy Osbourne, Scream
• Stone Sour, Audio Secrecy
• Volbeat, Beyond Hell/Above Heaven

Samson/Zoom® Best Live Band
• Avenged Sevenfold
• Gwar
• Iron Maiden
• Megadeth
• Rammstein
• Sevendust

Most Metal Athlete
• Chris Cole (pro skateboarding)
• Dan Hardy (MMA fighting)
• Toni Lydman (NHL hockey)
• The Miz (WWE wrestling):lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
• Jeremy Shockey (NFL football)
• Mike Vallely (pro skateboarding)

Best New Band
• Asking Alexandria
• Black Veil Brides
• The Damned Things
• The Pretty Reckless
• Times of Grace
• We Are the Fallen

Eagle Rock® Comeback of the Year
• Accept
• Faith No More
• Murderdolls
• A Perfect Circle
• Soundgarden
• System of a Down

Reactions: NSL
Let me start, by saying it is downright sad that Phatso is the only one posting in here.

I haven't posted in here in a long time, so I'll just recap my love for In This Moment, and All That Remains. Both of their new albums that came out last year are amazing. ATR really should be a lot bigger than they are. One of the best bands in the metal scene today, with the best vocalist.

Just a real quick post here. Over the last few months I belive I've posted a few times on Behemoth's lead singer and guitarist Adam "nergal" Darski. He was diagnosed with Lukemia last august, and in late december he underwent a bone marrow transplant. With a few complications, and in true metal fashon I am now proud to announce that Nergal has been fully cleared to tour with his band now!

Here is what he said about touring again this fall.

Commented Nergal: "I'm proud to announce that we've just nailed these Polish leg of the tour! Fans from abroad, please be patient, Asia, Australia, Europe and U.S. are under working. I'm beyond excited! I wanna see you all out there!"

"We just decided to play some so-called comeback shows in Poland just to warm up and see how we feel, just to be onstage again together. And I really hope that it's going to turn out great and that it's going to cause other tours and stuff. We have plans until the summer of next year. We already have some cool offers. We're talking to our agents. There's some really, really cool ideas. I don't want to reveal anything yet, but once we're done with October shows, and we feel good about it, and there's chemistry onstage, we definitely want to continue the 'Evangelion' touring cycle. There's still some markets we didn't even touch. We've done over 100 shows so far to 'Evangelion'. We're going to do another 100 at least, and then we can focus on the next record.

"To be honest, we can't wait to hit the stage again. I'm so fucking anxious. I'm so excited, so psyched about it. I have dreams about coming back onstage. I dream about BEHEMOTH shows. It's insane, I know, but I can't tell you how much it's a relief to the band and how much it means to us."

So I would just like to praise Nergal for being one tough sob, and still being their for the fans. This shows that even though they are most likely Polands most hated band, but they still love their fans.

Down they come, The swarm of locusts.​

[YOUTUBE]2jGZJxnJk-4[/YOUTUBE]​

Lyrics:
Sweet caress
Grazes my skin
It's loveless
These hooks sink in
Behind an angel's disguise
An insect preys
Mandibles cut like a knife
A reckoning

Forming clouds
Their shadow shrouds
Louder the tattered wings they sound
Descending down

Down they come
The swarm of locusts
Skies above
Converge to choke us
Feast of souls
Consume the harvest
Young and old
Suffer unto the locust

Surrender
These veins are bled
Devoured
Nothing sacred
Strings pull the marionettes
See how they dance
Upon the winds that beget
Our pestilence

Forming clouds
Their shadow shrouds
Descending down

Down they come
The swarm of locusts
Skies above
Converge to choke us
Feast of souls
Consume the harvest
Young and old
Suffer unto the locust

Bleeding from my eyes
This plague is sent to erase us
Bleeding from inside
These vermin can't infiltrate us

Faith appears and holds a candle
Hark the angels sing

Forming clouds
Their shadow shrouds

Tear the veil
The lies derail
Purity ever will prevail

Trumpets sound
The shattered crown
Halos of truth now they surround
The charade comes down

Down they come
The swarm of locusts
Skies above
Converge to choke us
Feast of souls
Consume the harvest
Young and old
Suffer unto the locust

Personally as a fan of allmost all things metal, I fucking love this song! It's just amazing, and the 4 year wait for 1 song was well worth it. A cd will follow, and I'm sure it's going to be of allmost godlike quailty. But this song is our focus atm.

With the growing trend of more "brutal" metal, this song was a total turn around from that. Most newer bands today seem to want to Go the more "brutal route". That being, Heavier growling, Faster allmost unrecognizable at times drumming, and crummy fast guitar playing. I am a fan of a few of the new age of bands. But this song has none of the forementioned qualitys.

The drumming is crisp and hits you like a bullet to the chest. It fits the song just right. The Double bass isn't overused as it tends to be in todays metal. But enough and just in the right spots. As usual we had the allmost mindmelting guitar playing/solo's that you can basically allmost allways count on.

But for me I've noticed somthing from frontman Robb flynn, he is a great brutal growler. But he is focusing on his range and Vocal control? Yes, and that's what makes this such a great song. It's brutal, but it is also somthing that is completly in a controlled fashon. I hate songs that are now over using gutteral growls throught the song. Some bands you have grown to accept with that type of frontman. But it seems like the winds of change have brought us a large group of fresh green singers that just want to growl.

I am personally happy as a lark at this song. It's amazing, and I look for Machine Head to win album of the year with this song. IF! They keep up the quality, and keep the album on it's due date. I look for Mastodon to keep up with old form and be a heavy frontrunner in that lane, along with hopefully Devildriver to make a top 10 vote.

Opeth's new song: "The Devil's Orchard" from their new album "Heritage"

[YOUTUBE]Gr1IGSKd4u0[/YOUTUBE]​

I'm not sure what to think about this one. I don't even think that goes to progressive label, it's almost avant-garde music. They have taken a further step to a new musical direction. This song has everything but at the same time nothing like I have ever listen to. Like Akerfeldt said,
"Heritage", "I never heard music like that, so I can't compare it to other bands. If you want to compare it to another band, it has to be us. But still, it's different.
I'm pretty shocked, I'm not sure what to expect. I think I need to listen a little more of "Heritage" before make any statment about this record.

What about you metalheads?

That new Opeth song sounds like a more technical and crazier Amorphis. I'm with you, I'll have to hear more of the album before I decide to like it or not.

I ever so often decide to get away from all of the wrestling talk on the forums and stroll on out to the music section. There are, occasionally, a few threads worthy of attention such as the album suggestion thread but most of the time the music talk on here is about stuff like Taylor Swift, Muse, Lil Wayne or whatever else is mega-popular with the kiddies and topping the charts these days. But there always seems to be one thing lacking on here, and that is METAL.

Is it just me, or are there any "metalheads" in the Wrestlezone Forums? I sure hope so, because I seem to get alot of heat when I mention metal bands in other music threads. I know im not alone, but is there anyone else with me on Wrestlezone?

So, if youre a metalhead and you got a voice jump in this thread!

What are your Favourite Bands?
Favourite Classic Albums?
Best Albums of 2009?
Best Shows You've Been To?
Are You in a Band?

Anything and everything Metal and Metal-Related, lets have ourselves our very own Wrestlezone Moshpit!

haha im not a "metalhead" persay but i enjoy heavy metal music like Killswitch Engage,Metallica (i count them) and Hollywood Undead (even though there more rap then metal but still a good mix) im not in a band as i have no musical talent at all but i went to a metallica concert before it was pretty awesome and KSE is pretty good in person also

Gojira
Of Blood and Salt
[YOUTUBE]yBB5W2nQ8Ms[/YOUTUBE]​

I've said it for a long time, in here and in other places. This band is one of the best bands, lyrically and on the instrumental side of things I've ever had the pleasure to play. Many bands though in others eyes are better, and some bands in my eyes are better than Gojira. I have no problem admiting this, but what I love so much about the band is the growth.

From the ep's I've found on the web and Terra Incognita to this song today. Gojira has grown into a band that commands respect. They have grown into a band that is allmost in a legue of it's own, and they have done it basically on their own. Terra Incognita to me was their heaviest album, in metal terms. But it didn't offer the total package like The Way of All Flesh and From Mars to Sirus have. All their albums have evolved past the album behind it into what we have today.

But if this new song is any hint to the direction the Sea Shepherd Ep will be... I imagine it will be off the charts into a new direction of heavyness. Of Blood and Salt is heavy on a level that Terra could only wish to be. It's not just Fredrik or Devin, it's the whole band. Devin Townsend's vocals on this song blow it out of the fucking park. I'm not a huge fan of Devin, that is my taste. But Devin along with Joe are just spot on with what the song is trying to be.

Fredrik Thordendal..... Jesus christ sir. The guitar playing isn't something revolutionary. But his playing has helped make this song a great fucking song. I believe Gojira could of put somthing out like this on their own. But this one song is heavier in my eyes than the whole last cd they put out.

I'm way late on posting this, it's not that I didn't want to. I just didn't get around to it, but if you like metal this song should peak your intrests.

Let's see, I listen to Heavy Metal and Metal and thats mostly all. I listenin to Lamb Of God, Soilwork, In Flames, Dimmu Borgir, 40 Below Summer, Bleeding Through, Hatebreed, Mudvayne, Hell Yeah, Slipknot, and omg way more. Trivium is kick ass two and new album In Waves is also good...

I have seen many bands live and the best bands I have seen live would be Korn, Disturbed, Slipknot, Hatebreed, Trivium, In Flames, Gojira, All That Remains, damn I seen a lot of bands come to think of it. Mainly due to Mayhem Fest which I missed this year.

Best Albums Are I have way to many, Every Pantera, Slipknot, Hatebreed, MushroomHead, Soilwork albums are good. I only listen to music I like so i buy what is good to my ears.

An no I'm not in any bands wish i was but I have no talent's for instruments. So I just listen to it.

For fans of Devildriver and Lamb of god this might be a small bit of news to perk your ears at. I am a large fan of both and was quite excited by reading this. I've allways liked Dez's lyrics and music and Mark Morton is no slouch in that area either. Good news all around

DevilDriver vocalist Dez Fafara and Lamb of God guitarist are writing new songs together.

Through a series of Tweets on both of their personal Twitter pages, the musicians revealed that they have begun working on new material together. "So, it's still totally off the radar, but @evilriver & I have been writing a bunch of KILLER tunes! Not sure when or where it'll come to lite," said Morton via Twitter on 9/8. In another Tweet, Fafara compares the music to Circus of Power meets 'Badmotorfinger' era Soundgarden. Morton also cited Chicago doom masters Trouble as an influence on the tunes.

I really think this can be a huge thing for both men and whoever they chose to play this music with. If they go through with it, it can be a new sound for both guys. Not as heavy as the usual songs, but still a good bit of news. I expect it to be heavier than what we are getting hinted at, but you never know.

I'll give this thread a shot...

Has anyone been to one of the recent stoner/sludge metal band Weedeater shows? They're touring right now and will be in my neck of the woods next month! I'm super-stoked!

[YOUTUBE]9F21xidkqPM[/YOUTUBE]

Sludgy goodness!

I looked at the band you posted earlier in the night. I went through about 5-6 songs, can't really remember. But it's an alright band, it's not the most technically sound band. But I imagine if I was smoking it would be a rather nice buzz enhancer. I typically listen to High on fire when I want some Stoner metal, I think Weedeater would fit in pretty well with them. Not the same sound, actually not even close. But still a good band to look up if you are into the Genre of metal.

Anyways man, have fun at the show if you decide to go see it.

I heart drone and doom metal so much. Screw "technical" music, the sheer awesomeness of the sound makes up for it. It's hard to describe how I feel about this music.

One of my favorite Sunn O))) tracks that got me into the genre. Very catchy and simplistic.

[YOUTUBE]ZNsUPU3DslU[/YOUTUBE]

French drone metal band Monarch! If they tour the States within driving distance from my location I will cream my pants! Makes me wish I lived in the Pacific Northwest and NYC area. WARNING: be careful listening to this song, the feedback WILL rape your ears!

[YOUTUBE]iEGTP05ULEM[/YOUTUBE]

Bloody Panda is hard to describe. Fuckin' insane, I guess.

[YOUTUBE]FDox_P9C-q4[/YOUTUBE]

For a nice change of pace, something epic-ly doomy, The Angelic Process:

[YOUTUBE]LNu9JuURXL8[/YOUTUBE]

Just got the latest album, "Heritage," from progressive death metal veterans Opeth. No longer death metal, but a fantastic progressive rock album from these guys. 10 tracks and just under 60 minutes in length, so its a shorter album for them but most of the songs feel long, which isn't exactly a bad thing in this case.

Its definitely a weird and interesting change in sound from Opeth but "Heritage" is still a great record worth checking out.

Opeth - "Heritage" for fans of: Opeth, Rush, Porcupine Tree, King Crimson

New Scar Symmertry is really good along with new Staind. I say this as I used to be a huge fan of them back in the day and this album is amazing. Staind new cd is self titled.

Slipknot percussionist Shawn "Clown" Crahan has announced via their official website and a secret, embedded 666, that they have launched a new "people=shit" website. The website is a one-page image and flash compilation that features a picture with hidden conten.

The legendary Iowa metal band plans to release a 10th Anniversary Edition of their 2001 breakthrough album, Iowa, on November 1st.

"For the past year, we've been hearing non-stop about how the Knot needs to come to South America. Literally on a daily basis. For the past month, these same maggots have been hitting us up counting down to Saturday's show on a daily basis. When art can equal that kind of desire, you have God. We can't wait to throw down with you. Get ready. Hail the maggots. Hail the Knot." -Crahan said

So some cool news from the Slipknot camp, I'm not a huge fan of the band. But I know alot of people are. So I figured I would post this up after seeing it on facebook. Anyone have any comments about the 10th anniversary edition of Iowa?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back