The Mosh Pit: The Official Metal Thread

Dan Severn's Moustache

Patent Pending
I remember this being a thread in the Media Hub, but it got archived due to inactivity. And since I know there's a fair few metalheads on this forum, why not give it another go in the spam sections?

I've recently started listening more to a really cheesy but really fun power metal band called Iron Fire. As long as you don't take them too seriously, it's a blast listening to them.

Here's probably their best album:
[YOUTUBE]NhE3bi56fW8[/YOUTUBE]

Been jammin Nails a lot a lately.

[YOUTUBE]95Gm3r4Gsfo[/YOUTUBE]

Here's one for Throwback Thursday.
[YOUTUBE]xBP7KRxRxss[/YOUTUBE]

You say that but I dig it

To be fair they are the only 'Metal' I know of. I'm more into whatever is on the radio and emo/pop rock.

I only wanted to see the reaction because the comments section on youtube is hilarious.

You haven't heard of any other metal? Not saying you have to like it, but you've never heard of anything else?

Not my genre. I know the names of the bands but never really listen to it except for that time years ago when they hit mainstream for a bit.

Honestly, the 80's boom period was much bigger with Iron Maiden and Judas Priest at the helm, as well (if you want to count them) as the big glam metal movement.

In the 90's, it became a lot more underground because Metallica changed their musical style and bands like Megadeth and Pantera weren't able to hold the mainstream aspect together like Maiden and Priest did (by this time, both Maiden and Priest were in rough spots too). However, the metal underground thrived with power and symphonic properly forming and death metal really shining during this period.

I'm getting into a few bands as of late which are: MyGrain, Sybreed, For the Fallen Dreams, and the singer from In Flames' old band Dark Tranquility.

New albums that are good are: Five Finger Death Punch's albums, Ill Nino, Hell Yeah, Mushroomhead, Godsmack, and Suicide Silence.

SyBreed was an interesting band. They reminded me a bit of Pendulum fused with death. Nice combination and it's a shame they've disbanded

I think the bands really near the top of the current metal food chain are bands like Nightwish, Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Ghost, Mastodon, Hammerfall, Opeth, Lamb Of God and Dream Theater. That's discounting Maiden, who are in a tier of their own in terms of popularity today.

Ill Nino & Lamb of God. Nice references gentlemen. Not many people talk about them.

The new Sevendust is good. Best one since Animosity IMO.

Metal is such a sprawling genre its crazy. From Cradle of Filth to Killswitch to Black Sabbath to Motley Crue- it all has its various charms under the metal banner. Just comes down to preference & all around talent. I dont prefer some of the darker stuff, or the constant screaming from teenage kids with eyeliner, but I do enjoy a nice growl in a song to give it that extra crunch. Either way, no matter the sub-genre, if a song\band is good at what they do then I will take an interest. I just try to stay away from the xerox copies or pop-sugar coated bands disguised as metal.

I'm a huge lamb of God fan, and a big Slipknot fan. I don't understand why they get so much hate. I enjoy all types of metal and even hardcover bands.

I don't know to much of Sybreed, but they definitely sound awesome. It stucks to hear they've disbanded.

Slipknot are in a very bad place at the moment with Paul Gray dead and Joey Jordison gone. The future doesn't look bright for them.

The Negative One sounded decent.

I will say this if I had to rank the members in order of importance Jordision would be #2. Losing someone with his skill/writing ability means there's going to be some big shoes to fill.

Also does this thread allow metalcore/deathcore??

Joey always had issues with the band. Their first Oz Fest tour, Joey went partying with Marilyn Manson and did way too many drugs. Almost made the band miss their set.

The Negative One, to me is about Joey or Corey's dad. Joey was known to be a person about himself. I wouldn't say that Slipknot is in a bad place. There are plenty of people to replace Joey, and they'll move on like they have.

The song is awesome and I'm digging the other track The Devil In I, as well.

The Negative One sounded decent.

I will say this if I had to rank the members in order of importance Jordision would be #2. Losing someone with his skill/writing ability means there's going to be some big shoes to fill.

Also does this thread allow metalcore/deathcore??

I hope so, they're subgenres of Metal.

I'm a fan of metalcore myself

Soooo I'll be a ****e and hype up a band I'm really good friends with.

They just wrapped up recording their new album in LA a few weeks ago, and they have the legendary Matt Hyde doing mixing and mastering on it. I've heard the rough cuts and it's fucking awesome.

Thrash metal, death metal, doom metal, black metal, folk metal, symphonic metal, power metal, heavy metal, extreme meta, nu metal...

name a metal genre and I'll give you my favorites from it.

Thrash metal, death metal, doom metal, black metal, folk metal, symphonic metal, power metal, heavy metal, extreme meta, nu metal...

name a metal genre and I'll give you my favorites from it.

trollmetal

as for Babymetal, if you listen to it properly there is some quality playing to it, it is well put together sonically that and it is catchy as hell which is always a good thing for getting people into a genre.

Never heard of Babymetal, just sounds plain awful.

The one genre I am not a real fan of is Death Metal. Only can tolerate a few bands, mainly Kataklysm, and a few Six Feet Under songs.

How many concerts have any of you fellas been too; and who is the band live you have seen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back