The King of Pop is Dead: Long Live Michael Jackson

Britney Spears dying would definately get news coverage, but it would not have the global reaction that MJ dying has been having. Britney Spears is practically a one hit wonder compared to Michael Jackson. I don't think people really realize just how popular MJ was/is, within a week of Thriller being released 1 in every 10 Americans owned a copy. That's INSANE.

As much as I LOVE Britney this is true.

14v71qr.jpg

Huge difference between their best selling albums.

Flames Out
Dragon

That is still a huge difference. Fuck, it's kind of sinking in, like, just how successful he was.

Jeeze man.

1 in 60 people in the whole world own Thriller. That's incredible in itself, but even more so when you factor in households... One in every 24 households in the world own thriller...

I doubt that's even taking into downloads. After his death, I'm guessing that number will jump up. To like 1 in 30 people in the world.

Yeah but the Eagles Best-Of was a catalogue item that sold over time, not a pop culture phenomenon meteor like Thriller was. Thriller was more important then every Eagles album put together multiplied by twenty (and I love the Eagles).

Yeah but the Eagles Best-Of was a catalogue item that sold over time, not a pop culture phenomenon meteor like Thriller was. Thriller was more important then every Eagles album put together multiplied by twenty (and I love the Eagles).
Actually that was an album in itself. Rereleased material. Remember Thriller wasn't declared to sell that many in the 1980's, took him almost 10 to 15 years I believe to earn that. Not saying the eagles were more popular, just that it sold more. I don't think even Madonna was as big as MJ, and she was huge.

Actually that was an album in itself. Rereleased material. Remember Thriller wasn't declared to sell that many in the 1980's, took him almost 10 to 15 years I believe to earn that. Not saying the eagles were more popular, just that it sold more. I don't think even Madonna was as big as MJ, and she was huge.

Huh? I never said the best-of wasn't an album. Just that it was all old material.

The Eagles best-of is the greatest selling album only in the US though, worldwide Thriller is the greatest selling album of all time with well over 100 million copies sold. The Eagles album is 4th worldwide.

The guy on the news reckons the top five singles could be MJ songs come sunday. just from downloads.

Huh? I never said the best-of wasn't an album. Just that it was all old material.

The Eagles best-of is the greatest selling album only in the US though, worldwide Thriller is the greatest selling album of all time with well over 100 million copies sold. The Eagles album is 4th worldwide.
Thats what I said, US only. Pointing out that Thriller is #2 in the US but #1 worldwide. #8 in the UK. Also MJ is one of only 4 artists to sell 500 million worldwide, not even Madonna can claim that, who released more records. Intertesting that he sold so many but didn't release as many albums as some think.

Oprah, Angelina Jolie, Will Smith, and Tom Cruise are the names that come to mind as to what entertainers would get non-stop coverage in the media were they to pass away anytime soon. But no one in the music industry comes to mind.

And as far as favorite Michael Jackson songs... I've always loved Beat It more than anything else. Also, personally, I prefer his Jackson 5 stuff over most of his solo music. But that's just me.

Oprah, Angelina Jolie, Will Smith, and Tom Cruise are the names that come to mind as to what entertainers would get non-stop coverage in the media were they to pass away anytime soon. But no one in the music industry comes to mind.

Britney Spears?

Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, and Reba would be the three more popular singers to get huge amounts of coverage when they pass away. Only Reba would get a respectful passing though.. Justin & Britney would both be littered with "did they do drugs" theories.

Oh, and possibly Bono.
And Eminem.

There's quite a few musicians who'd get a load of coverage from their deaths.

And Eminem.

AT most, all Eninem would get is a series of Celebs dancing at his funeral, happy he's finally dead. I honestly think he's legit more disliked than cared for. Same for 50 Cent.

All I can say is.. the guy who shot him in the face, at point-blank range, needs brutally murdered for not getting the job done the first time. 50 isn't human, either. No one takes 9 gunshot wounds to the face and lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back