• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Hogan/Bischoff TNA is horrible

Schizophrenic, since you apparently like to run your mouth and you also more apparently hate when people disagree with you, I thought I'd post this. In your last response to me you mentioned soap operas, more specifically Days of Our Lives. Did you know that Days of Our Lives averages a weekly rating of 2.0? Yes I said 2.0! The lowest rated soap on television averages a weekly rating of 1.7. And I might add that it has already been announced that the lowest rated one is scheduled to be cancelled this fall. I can't remember if it is As the World Turns or One Life to Live. Either way, both of them blow TNA wrestling out of the water when it comes to ratings. I hope this gives some of you TNA Maniacs as another poster put it some perspective. All the talk of TNA getting huge ratings and being so hot since Hogan arrived yet they are still well below a crappy soap opera that looks like it was filmed with a handheld camcorder.
Oh good god it was an example. I don't watch daytime tv nor do I give a damn what is being cancelled. And yes soap operas are beating TNA in ratings....your point is? They are more known and have been around for a long time and will continue to be. TNA has been on Spike since what? 2006? It's not going to just explode overnight. WWE didn't and TNA won't. Since when did being a TNA fan mean you are Satan? And why do I respond to people who don't agree with me? It's because I want to know why. I want to know why someone doesn't like TNA other than "They got rid of six sides" or "Hogan SUX!" That's what I have been seeing more often than not and they never have anything new to back it up with. If someone wants to posts something involving their oppinions then they should be ready to have people disagree with them or they shouldn't post it at all. People don't agree with me...great! I joined a forum because I wanted to discuss the buisness with other fans. Not to be in a lovefest with everyone thinking the same thing.

I wasn't going to post this because I watch TNA every week because I love wrestling and quite frankly I wish they would succeed because that would be great for both companies. WWE was at its best when they had someone actually competing with them. I only decided to post this because you annoy me. There is always one person on every forum, no matter what the topic, who thinks they are the ultimate know it all and you seem to be that person here.
So I am a bad guy because I defend my favorite company when I can? Because I disagree with people in that I think TNA provides better wrestling than the big dog company I am a bad guy? Wow, I didn't think people on internet forums that would discuss such a manly sport like wrestling would be so damn whiny about someone disagreeing with them. And I can't be the all knowing being on this forum. That's Lord Sid.....He's always right.....ALWAYS!

Taz isn't a fraction of the announcer that Michael Cole is.
The pot shots are getting old but if all Cole has in his arsenal is "Vintage!" and calling every main move in a guys repetoire "that move", I think Taz has got Cole beat. Hell Mike Hogewood has Cole beat.

Seriously Schizo, spend less time making yourself look like a victim and a martyr for the TNA cause and work on your reading comprehension because I also stated how I would love to see TNA succeed. And getting back to the soap opera thing, yes most of them have been around for years and have a loyal and sometimes multigenerational fanbase. However, even Passions which was on the air for less time than Impact had a rating of 1.4 for its very last episode before being cancelled. What has been the highest number for impact so far? The Young and the Restless nearly triples Impact's ratings on a weekly basis. The point I'm trying to make is that these shows air during the day when most people work and Impact airs during primetime yet it still gets abysmal ratings. I'm sorry but a 1.4 during primetime is NOT good ratings. I hate to be the one to break it to people.

With that said, I really do hope they succeed, move to Monday nights and give WWE some great competition. The winners in that scenario are us, the wrestling fans.

Well, before I throw my few points into the ring, I want to thank Schizo for mentioning me as I do believe that our "battles" have been quite fun and certainly I feel like he is a guy that deserves respect on these boards whether you agree with him or not.

As for TNA under Hogoff (it still hasn't caught on, come on people!), I think it's still very much in a transition period. I admit that I have been quite critical of the product since 1/4 (and many times before), but I also understand that Rome wasn't built in a day. The main issues as I see them are as follows:

1) Too much focus on Hogan and Bischoff - did anyone notice that there were A LOT of segments that involved a wrestler entering Bischoff's office or Hogan's office. So much of the focus of the show is on getting those two on TV, which I'm not a fan of since they aren't wrestlers. I understand that the management will get involved in storylines, but at some point, it's overkill. A simple remedy for this would be for a single story to develop and take up only so much tv time.

2) Not enough wrestler feuds - right now, the ONLY feud between wrestlers seems to be the Nastys and Dudleys, and even that isn't so exciting. There's a lot of wrestlers that have "issues" with the new management, but no one is really in a feud. After this tournament, I hope more of the TV focus goes to actual feuds so that matches will actually mean something.

3) Too much talent - there's too many wrestlers employed for only 2 hours of TV a week. When you have so many segments involving non wrestlers like Hogan or Bischoff, that time isn't being used on wrestling talent. People like Beer Money (who I like a lot and at one time thought Robert Roode would make a great singles champion and he still might if given the chance), Daniels, etc have barely made TV since 1/4 and I do think it's unfortunate. However, unlike others, I'm not going to just attack the Nastys (who don't have a place in wrestling in 2010 given they still think it's 1985). Think about the WWF when many of the board loved it in the last 90s. The non wrestlers like Vince and his stooges were in one segment a show, maybe one in ring and one backstage at most. While that corporation vs. Austin storyline was the main one each show, other sub storylines were featured close to weekly. Midcarders got their time each week as well as stable wars (Nation vs. DX), lower belt feuds (European and IC), among other things. Each story had its time and was covered, but the airtime was predominantly for wrestlers. Right now, there's too many guys employed in TNA and not enough TV time to go around, but I believe more TV time could be available if Bischoff wasn't in like 6 segments a show and Hogan in 5. That would solve so much.

4) Planning in advance - it comes off to me like the booking at this point is eerily similar to WCW as it started to go downhill.....seat of the pants booking. I don't mean that in a good way in that you are hanging on the edge of your seat. I mean that it seems the long term isn't always in the back of the writer's mind and there's a feeling of disorganization. It comes off to me like the performers may or may not know what's going on a few minutes before their time on screen. That was a major problem in WCW and it may be returning in TNA. I would recommend slowing down. It seems the writers are trying to do too much too soon and it comes off a bit chaotic and lacks a flow. The best way to combat this is to focus on a couple of major stories and use the rest of the show to create #1 contenders to each belt and let feuds develop simply over being champion. This way you'd have belt feuds and 1-2 personal feuds. As things start to come together, more personal, storyline stuff can work, but at this point, it's a bit disorganized and needs to be cleaned up.

5) Show organization - the show has a weird flow to it at this point. It confused me tonight that the main event was followed by like 3 segments. I'm not saying to copy WWE's structure, but you do need a stucture. The whole chaos thing is not an angle, nor is it attractive for the product. Use the general TV formula of quarter hours and figure out how to organize the product based on that.

There are more, but I'm tired and I don't feel I even need more to make my point. That point is that TNA isn't there yet. We all know this and should probably understand it. At this point, things could go either way. I am personally hoping TNA can do some positive things because I'm a wrestling junkie so the more I can watch, the better. However, I know I'll get crap for this, I wouldn't mind it staying on Thursdays because I'm selfish and I'd like to have a wrestling show to watch most days of the week. If both were on at the same time, I wouldn't want to have to choose (that's if they were both good of course). With that all said, TNA has work to do, but I do fear that the wrong men are in place to do that work. It appears to me that TNA is looking to become WCW 2.0 under the guys that grew WCW and then ultimately led to its demise. I get that people are saying "but AJ is champ and Pope, Wolfe, and Anderson are getting pushes". I agree and that's great, but the focus of the show is squarely on Hogan, but more on Bischoff than anyone else. If the focus shifts to those guys getting pushes and we see less Hogoff on our screens, I think the product benefits. Let's not kill TNA just yet. However, if in a year they are still sitting at 1.2 ratings with a lousy product, then let the attacks out. For now, be patient, be critical yet hopeful, and just understand that it has to storm before it is sunny, so expect some continually chaotic and mediocre television for a while until they hopefully realize the mistakes and look to improve upon them.

I love TNA, but I think Hogan and Bischoff are pushing "their vision" too far. If they could come to a middle ground of what they want to put out as a product ie. Nasty Boyz, Val Venis, Mr. Anderson main eventing, and TNA originals getting a push...and I don't mean just the main event originals Mr. Anderson deserves a world title. WWE would have been smart to put it on him, but they released him. Beer Money, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Homicide, Hernandez, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Motor City Machine Guns, Jay Lethal, and much, much more are excellent talents. I have saw these guys perform live and in person and they are awesome. Maybe TNA has too much talent, but if so they should get another show. If they get another show they should keep all the talent on both shows though so the audience can get familiar with the characters on Monday and Thursday nights more than likely.

Ok. Seriously people. Whats it been a month and a half or so since tna debuted with hogan and eric. Give it time, like someone mentioned above, rome wasnt built in a day. I've watched TNA for years now and have liked somethings and disliked other. Im not here to judge TNA just yet, im going to give time. Was WWE perfect in a month in a half, most likely not. So just give it time. Stop posting these dumb bulletins trashing TNA. Come back in 2 or 3 months and give your opinions

Hogan and Bischoff have been in TNA for just over a month, do you really expect ratings to shoot up to 3s in this amount of time. They are simply trying out different things before they find their niche. I do agree some aspects aren't working but very rarely is the first idea the best.

Rome wasn't built in a day and TNA won't become better in a month, give it time

tna is indeed getting better but they still have issues needed to be worked out. people need to understand that were still working thru the reboot of tna, basically starting over things are gonna be hard to understand at first. i see people saying its hard to tell whos face whos heel....how is it hard its pretty easy......the only one u could ? this is for EY and i think after tonight its shown hes a clear face or face in transition....

nasty boys will not be staying with the company, guys need to stop crying about this. there in for a program with the dudleys and then out....they wernt even on tv tonight.

tna needs to make their mind up on hall/waltman. there working day to day, yea it was a good idea at first to save themselves but the just running in is getting tired. they gotta make the move and pull the trigger and not be afraid to put these guys in a major storyline that will stick...as of now they dont want to bc if they revert to old ways they dont wanna be stuck.

the x-division ppv is a horrible idea at this point....as tna did on 1/4 for the whole company.... tna needs to unplug the x-divison and reboot......... which i think there starting to do....williams as champ is the best decision as he can go, they need to build daniels as the solid #1 face in the division. after that build up the other guys in the division bc right now its looking bleak. people r gonna say well what to do with mcmg and genme..EASY....pull the trigger on what some in the company wanted a awhile ago, but instead they came up with the stupid legends belt and the KO tag belts...... make a x-division tag division...... right now theres 2 solid teams

mcmg
gen me

have lethal drop his stupid macho gimmick, make him and creed GROW UP(there still kids, both are no older than 23) give them a serious gimmick(with the name lethal consequences that name screams HEEL) and work them as a solid team.thats your 3rd solid team..... steal the briscos away from wwe, thats 4.....and unfortunatly one of the hottest teams state side cant come to tna right now(american wolves) dip into czw and pick up ruckus/sabin....thats 5 teams that would work for the division......tna seems to have a working relationship with japan(they did b4 the new reign, and bischoff has always been fond of their work, it dates back to his wcw start when they were doing the japan supershows). can bring in teams from japans big 3(NOAH,AJPW,NJPW) to round out the division and maybe even teams from AAA and CMLL. before anyone says wtf 2 tag divisions that wont work....thats not true.. it works for NJPW,AJPW , NOAH,ROH(well they dont have 2 divisions but there tag division is basically a jr/x-division tag division) and has worked for WCW 2x( The U.S. tag belts worked for awhile during the 80's early 90s, then wcw came up with the cruiserweight tag which started the ball for young aj)

im really suprised i havnt seen anyone comment on this ranking idea there doing now.....so to beat anyone to the punch...it dates back to early wcw again...they did this in wcw from like 91-94.. obviously this is gimmicked and predicted but it adds the "real" feel to it.... i remember watching WCW sat mornings and waiting for the updated weekly rankings... kind of interested tho... in wcw the u.s. champ was always #1(the champ was never rated)...how will this work in tna when they dont have a midcard champ

people are complaing about the fueds bc its confusing and it kinda is kinda isnt...a blame here lies on the ppv sun.... hard to set clear fueds with a tourny style ppv...... the clear fueds are atm:

bischoff vs foley

tna(hogan,angle,nash,ey) vs waltman/hall (i think its rather obvious someone from the tna side is gonna jump over....im guessing its gonna be EY......his character has becoome 100X better being a heel, and they will likely have him turn on nash and angle)

styles/flair vs joe

those r the main storylines right now

now on the aj/flair idea.............. imo using flair to manage aj GOOD IDEA.....using flair to convert aj to be flair 2.0 BAD IDEA..... this is aj's third heel persona.......they should of reverted to his original heel self and be cocky but serious(to me he came off as IM BETTER THAN YOU, AND IM GONNA PROVE IT.. on a side note his moveset was also better back then, now its rather generic and predictable. what happened to the suplexneckbreaker, perfect picture moonsault, best damn leg lariet ever, spiral tap?... now its just pele, spring board elbow, spring board 450 or styls clash).....the way he plays flair 2.0 is almost comedic and he comes off as a dork. its like they mixed his 1st and 2nd heel self together and came up with this put him in a suit

I think it's pretty damn good at the minute. You know, they can't push everybody on the roster. There are plenty of younger guys getting chances on the show. The main problem is that TNA just have too big a roster to incorporate everybody on the show, so people are going to be disappointed that certain guys aren't on the show every week.

At the risk of not saying eough to qualify as a contributing post, I really, really enjoyed reading the topic post at hand by 8five and agree with it 100%. Not much else can really be said. You nailed everything.

Great post.

Really funny seeing people trying to debate it too. Nice job owning them.

Oh good lord...another one of these posts. Do I have to do this every week?.......Another day, another person complaining about the Nastys. Listen close because I will say this one more time. They will be gone within a month if not sooner and they WILL NOT be getting more air time than they are. They are there for a single purpose right now and they do stick around I don't see them getting the tag titles. Beer Money, yes I would like to see them more and perhaps they will be soon. It's not like they got fired. You can not fit a roster TNA has into a two hour show with good long matches AND get NEW stories over. Not possible. Some guys willhave to sit and take a back seat at the moment. Sadly Roode (He's not Rick's brother) and Storm are two of them at the moment.

wow kinda looks like you are defending the Nastys... wow :lol::shrug:
What IStheir purpose? waste of time and money. these two should not be taking up tv time. imo TNA is trash with Hogan, the whole show is so confusing with different angles and wwe rejects coming through the door every day. ohhh wow i wonder whos going to come back next.... DDP?

wow kinda looks like you are defending the Nastys... wow :lol::shrug:
What IStheir purpose? waste of time and money. these two should not be taking up tv time. imo TNA is trash with Hogan, the whole show is so confusing with different angles and wwe rejects coming through the door every day. ohhh wow i wonder whos going to come back next.... DDP?

there purpose...while NOT needed.....is to make team 3d once again look legendary in their resume.....same purpose as the steiners comeback... im actually suprised tna didnt try and send out a manhunt for stevie ray while booker was employeed... even tho i heard the 2 lost touch speaking....apparently stevie took it to hard feeling booker didnt get him a wwe gig

Wow what a debate. TNA vs WWE. Taz vs Cole. Soap Operas vs TNA. "Playboy" Styles vs "Religious and Married" Styles. And of course Schizo vs almost everybody (Schizo, that's not a knock on you or anybody else for that matter.) After seeing at this I just had to comment. But so everyone knows I am a fan of wrestling, yeah a little more pro-WWE since its been around longer but also a fan of TNA. Anyways here goes:

1) Soap operas vs TNA : LOL sorry just never thought I would see this argument on a wrestling site. Even though wrestling is nothing more than a male soap opera. Although I want to understand this debate of how soap operas get higher ratings then TNA, there is a big hole in besides the fact that the Soap Operas have been around longer and past on from generation to generation. The problem is that Soap Operas are on stations such as CBS, NBC, and ABC. These stations throughout the course of a day, air programs that span various demographics. Now compared that to Spike TV, who airs shows like "Manswers", "Blue Mountain State"(My favorite show), video game shows, and Bond movies. Spike is clearly targeting strictly men. That is a major reason why TNA's ratings are low compared to WWE. Think about it for a second. What parents are going to allow their children to watch Spike when TNA isn't on? Trust me, the lack of good lead ins into TNA is killing the ratings. Look at Raw. Its on USA, which yeah I know isn't a childrens network, (kids are not my main point here), but USA is owned by NBC therefor you see ads for RAW on various stations and more frequently then TNA especially since NBC is now owned by Comcast.

2) Old Styles vs New Stlyes: This is the debate that really threw me through a loop. Really? People are complaining that AJ's new role doesn't work cuz he is married? It is called ACTING. Johnny Depp is married yet we have seen him play a womanizing drunk pirate, a drug addict detective in love with a ****e (Chasing the Dragon) and next month he will be a caffeine chugging, time killing, hat maker (aka the Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland) and plenty of other crazy ass roles. Yet do we ever judge his performance based on his social life. Hell no! We didn't do it Heath Ledger, who killed himself, yet we praised his role as the Joker. We didn't do it to Robert Downey Jr who has had numerous problems but praised his role as Iron Man. Last but not least, Mickey Rourke. Take the moment as is and appeciate the ACTING in wrestling(mic skills and in ring action) cuz theres a story being told. AJ with Flair is still way too early to judge, in fact the same is true for everyone's dislikes with TNA's direction so far. Its a new era, they are basically starting over, an honest truth worthy opinion shouldn't even begin to start till at least after Lockdow. Everyone is complaining about this and that but are you looking at the in ring action. Jarret vs Anderson was fantastic. Amazing Red's match was great last night. The 8 card stud tournment, imagine the possiblity of seeing Angle vs Anderson and Angel vs Wolfe in the same night, not to mention AJ vs Joe

3) Taz vs Cole Really now? Really? Wow we have hit rock bottom. Personally I think both suck but then again I think the best combo ever was Paul Heyman and JR. I understand the whole "don't talk about WWE on Impact" thing but honestly I don't think Taz's "vintage" comment was intended to be a jab at WWE as a whole. He could of just been jabbing his ex-broadcast partner, who I'm not sure, but chances are he is still friends with him. Sure WWE doesn't poke fun at TNA but do you guys remember "The Billionaire Ted" jokes they did during the Monday Night Wars or DX's invasion of WCW or Gillberg or the fake Razor and Disel. THey started that crap. And if TNA does begin to threathen them on Monday Nights, WWE will do it again. Guaranteed!!!!!

TNA is putting on way better shows than all of WWE shows. Better storylines, better feuds, better main events (not the same 6 or 7 guys WWE ALWAYS has in main events), the show ends in cliffhangers, etc. Hogan/Bischoff are doing an outstanding job!!! Also consider they are on a limited budget.

From what I've seen overall, I don't think that Hogan and Bischoff have made TNA any worse off than it was before. However, I also don't think that they've made TNA any better than it was before either.

If you're a fan that enjoys seeing Hulk Hogan quite often, then you love TNA right now. If you're a bit of a nostalgiaholic that enjoys seeing lots of wrestlers from your teen and/or childhood years, then I'd say you probably enjoy TNA quite a bit right now as well.

If you're someone that enjoyed TNA before Hogan's arrival, I think that you're seeing some of what drew you to TNA slipping away. As for me, I've got no real problem with that because most of TNA was just plain awful to me. The only problem I do have is that I feel Hogan is replacing awful stuff that he didn't like with awful stuff that he does like, therefore some fans are automatically going to think its genius.

One thing I keep hearing about TNA is how unpredictable and innovative it is and I do not see that at all right now. A number of wrestlers have been brought into TNA since Hogan's arrival, quite a few of which are buddies of Hogan or people that Hogan thinks highly of via working with them on his Hulkamania tour. That's all well and good but most of those workers are wrestlers that are still packaged exactly the same as they were before they came to TNA.

The Nasty Boys are tired and dated, they're like TNA's version of DX. They're keeping the exact same one dimensional act they've had since the mid 80s and are a couple of 45 year old juvenile delinquents that still can't wrestle. Ken Anderson is also doing the exact same thing he was doing in the WWE, Bischoff is still doing the "No I'm not evil, I'm really a fair guy but not really" routine, Scott Hall and Sean Waltman are a pair of burn outs that are only in TNA in the first place because Hulk Hogan was willing to throw them a bone, Sting is hanging out in the rafters again like it's 1997 all over again.

I'm kind of interested in AJ Styles now merely because I like watching him in the ring. This whole thing he's doing with Ric Flair is entirely forced, I don't buy into it for a single second. I love Styles in the ring, but he's not nearly a good enough actor to pull of the role he has now convincingly.

However, my interest in TNA seems to be dwindling by the week. The only part of TNA that I watched last night was The Beautiful People vs. Angelina Love and Tara and 90% of that was only to see The Beautiful People's entrance.

So, overall, I guess I think the Hogan/Bischoff Era in TNA is horrible but it's not really any worse than what was going on in TNA before they got there.

I have to say that some Impacts have been hit or miss, but generally I prefer the new TNA compared to the old. Most of the Impacts I watched last year made me fall asleep. The first Impacts TNA did had some awesome matches, but nothing much else.

I'm always tuning in every week to find out what is going to happen next. I think they could easily do away with The Nasty Boys and The Band, but I really don't think they will have a future after the PPV anyways. It sounds like next month will be an all X Division PPV so the X division marks will get their flips and moonsaults.

We have seen it before, but I like Bischoff as the heel boss on Impact. Its a lot better then seeing Foley and Jarrett argue over who the biggest stock holder is. I think we should give the AJ heel turn some time before we crap on it. I think AJ has been better on the mic now then he ever has before.

The good thing about this time is that now AJ has Ric Flair to back him up on the mic and at ringside. As far as AJ being married goes, its a storyline. Do people get upset when they see Brad Pitt in a love scene in a movie and scream you are married! No. That's why he is a good heel because he is a family man turned into a playboy.

I think we have seen great things done bringing in new talent like Kendrick and even Kennedy. The ring is better along with the arena. Is TNA ten times better then it was? no, but it's better then it used to be. I'm not even a Hogan fan. I like seeing Hogan in a small role authority role so that's why I'm digging the angle.

Yeah I would love to see Beer Money, MCMG, Daniels and maybe even Eric Young ever now and then, but they don't keep me tuned in to Impact. Drama and unpredictability does, and that is what is happening now. So I don't think TNA is going to fail, but I don't think they are going to be number 1 anytime soon if ever.

At least TNA is getting more exposure and ratings now then ever before, whether you like Hogan or not.

Reactions: TLC
Ok I have seen this pop up and I'm gonna try to put an end to it. Comparing TNA IMpacts ratings to a soap opera's is damn stupid. I used it as an example but when people starts saying that TNA is doomed because their ratings are not as high as a daytime soap opera it just makes you look ridiculous. It's comparing apples and oranges. yet people think it's a validpoint. I used it once as a throw away point and someone took it seriously and tried to use it as a counter point and it didn't work then and it doesnt make any more sense to me this morning. How bout if you are gonna compare rating, compare it to Superstars or SmackDown. Yes we all know Impacts ratings are not at RAW level and won't be for a while but if you aregonna compare ratings of a wrestling show, compare it to a wrestling show.

Does "Ratings" make a show?

Hell Put ring of Honour on television and the wwe would absolutly smash it out of the water with a main event featuring Hornswoggle and Shad,

The few main things which irk me about TNA is the revamp of the X Division

Now im not the huge fan of absolute 4 minute spotfest matches, but they can be entertaining and were home to some of the better talent TNA had on the payroll, I enjoy Amazing red, his lack of charisma will never help him but seeing the little red devil fly around the ring was good for 4 minute filler, When Generation ME came in for the first match my jaw dropped, where are they now?

They havent even neglected this, but have totally scrapped it which i feel will just disillusion the more hardcore Wrestling fans who are into that type of wrestling, Throwing titles on blokes like the British Invasion really does nothing for the lower card of the show.

Deniro is finally getting the push, however it hasnt been some type of gradual or explained somehow, he;s just suddenly found himself from mid-card to wrestling AJ styles, now when the hell did this happen? its not like im against it, but its more like Someones gone "Hey Deniro, BTW your a top card preformer now, good luck!"

They seemed to have toned down High Fliers, Thrown a few guys who were getting pushes to the backburners, Introduced some of Hogans friends (By the way, Im with the Nasty Boys bitching, Sure they might be on television for only one more month, But its a Month Too much, Hell They should have NEVER turned up, what use is it to bring them in to feud with Team 3d? If they were in they should of been putting guys over, Not hogging television time with Another dinosaur group)

Angles are not nessisary better, its confusing that they dropped half of them when Hogan made it to television however, AJ gets attacked for months and its over when he squashes tomko? Now that is piss poor.

They have improved in some aspects, but they are shedding what made them a unique product and selling themselves to the mainsteam to do it, which is exactly what Fanboys bitch about the WWE doing. I find it amusing

In no way did i hate TNA, sure i giggled when a Mid card WWE wrestler got released and i would think to myself "New TNA world heavyweight champion!" But it was a good alternative to the WWE who have moved away from the wrestling product and are just parading Khali/Hornswoggle around and selling shirts. I think it was a home for a new style of wrestling which WWE had no room for, however i see it fading ever soo slightly...

I think TNA with Hogan and Bishoff now has more potential. That's about it. They really hurt themselves IMO bringing in "The Boys". Them being Hall, Waltman, Nastys. That reeked of the WCW days which I didn't want any hint of. These 2 coming into TNA and bringing viable talent, ala Anderson and Hardy (sort of), is so much better.
I don't think rehashing old story line is good, it's lazy.
Coming in and "shaking things up" and making everyone fight for thier spot is good. Hogan or Flair wrestling is bad.
It's still to early to tell. Just please stop using the "higher ratings" to defend TNA.Their ratings have had a SLIGHT bump. Good thing, but not anything to hang your hat on.

I'm trying to give this some time before I commit to an official opinion on the Hogan/Bischoff regime. I'm hopeful that all the air time being given to Hall, 6Pac, Nash, the Nasty Boys, Hogan and Bischoff is leading us to someplace good. There is still a remote possibility that this will turn out for the better.

With that being said, I don't have a good feeling about where things are going. I hate the removal of the 6 sided ring- in my opinion that was the first sign of Hogan and Bischoff living in the past. The ring aside, the changes to the wrestling itself haven't been positive. The matches are shorter and there is alot more skits and long drawn out promos. The one thing I loved about TNA is that the wrestling was still put first. I don't see it that way anymore.

While I like the idea of constantly bringing in new talent- pick ups like Nigel McGuinness, Ken Anderson, and D'Angelo Dinero have been golden. These guys have been used correctly since being signed. Brian Kendrick and the Young Bucks were also signed several weeks yet they haven't been used. With the addition of new talent and only 2 hours of air time for product per week, alot of the old roster members have gotten lost in the shuffle. Where the hell is Homicide, ODB, Beer Money and Christopher Daniels? These guys are valueable talent and are being wasted.

I don't know....I feel like I'm watching the minutes leading up to a massive trainwreck. I know it's been beaten to death, but this whole thing just mirrors WCW a little too closely.

First off I dont know how anyone could say TNA is worse now than its ever been. Have some of you watched TNA back when it first started or even up until about 2 years ago. Whether you like Hogan and Easy E or not they have def brought some major attention to TNA. is TNA getting killer ratings yet?..... No of course not everything is still in its infant stages people need to give things time to turn around. I see people hear bitching and complaining about how TNA sucks because this one isnt on TV or that one isnt on TV. Well i say this to you how can TNA in 2 hours a week feature every single wrestler they have on the roster. They can't they dont have 2 seperate shows to showcase all their talent yet.

While I am not a fan that Beer Money is off TV and the Nasty Boys are on I have a very good feeling that after the Dudleys get done with them the nasty boys will be gone. Now the British Invasion who personally i cannot stand. I dont think either one of them is all that good and Big Rob is the worst wrestler in TNA. I am also not happy that Morgan and Hernandez are a tag team cause i was really likeing their singles push that they both had going. Both Hernandez and Morgan had great matches with Kurt Angle in 2009. I think giving them tag gold is a way to build both of them up for possibly a big fued later on possibly for the title. How anyone could say these 2 dont have any offence is laughable. Somoa Joe is finally back and for the first time in my life I actually want to see Joe. I am not a fan of Mr.Anderson never was even in WWE as Kennedy I didnt like him. The Pope is an amazing talent and am glad to see him getting a push. As far as AJ Styles with Flair goes I dont see the problem with it. It was ok when Flair was with Evolution. Why is it when he goes and adds a little something to AJ Styles people complain. AJ Styles as great as he is needed someone like Ric Flair in his corner to give him an edge a personality that people could either Love or hate. Flair knows how to mold a wrestler and allow them to become the best. Look at Orton I hate him but you can't deny his what he has achieved. Batista as well. Aj Styles is still Aj Styles just now has has that Nature Boy attitude and cockyness that adds so much to his character.

There have been some great points brought up in this thread. I'd like to address the topic that was brought up about AJ Styles being married and now having the playboy gimmick. This personally doesn't bother me at all because I realize that t is only storyline. I can understand how it could annoy some, however, if it was made a big deal on tv beforehand about him being a devoted family man. If that's the case, then it's just another way of the writers treating the fans as if they were stupid or have a two minute memory span.

The most annoying example in recent memory of this for me was when WWE just all of a sudden decided that Edge and Christian were no longer brothers. They package them for so long as a brother tag team while they are feuding with the Hardyz then they feud with each other which is a huge "brother against brother" thing and then they suddenly drop it. They dropped it even before Christian left for TNA. We're just supposed to suddenly forget that for years we are told they are brothers on television? That was really annoying for me. Especially since all these years later, Kane and Undertaker are still "brothers".

I'd also like to add that I just don't see Ken Anderson as a huge star. It's only a matter of time before he seriously injures someone due to his carelessness. Just like Goldberg. Yes he has charisma, but not enough to balance out his ineptness. Do you really think WWE would have released him if he had that much potential? No, no matter if Orton whined or not. If he could've made McMahon money, then he would still be there. But by himself, he couldn't draw flies if he was covered in dog crap.

There have been some great points brought up in this thread. I'd like to address the topic that was brought up about AJ Styles being married and now having the playboy gimmick. This personally doesn't bother me at all because I realize that t is only storyline. I can understand how it could annoy some, however, if it was made a big deal on tv beforehand about him being a devoted family man. If that's the case, then it's just another way of the writers treating the fans as if they were stupid or have a two minute memory span.

They did at one point, unfortunately, make it out to seem like he was a wholesome southern family man. After the whole angle had been played out where he was "smitten" with Karen Angle of course, and had joined the Frontline. One of his best promos was where he talked about how he missed many events such as birthdays and anniversaries and left his wife at home raising his boys so he could make a living doing what he loved. Think of a Cena speech, add wife and kids. Thats whats troublesome about this storyline. You could even hear the crowd chanting "you are married" at him the first time he came with Flair and the teenage girls.

As for my opinion on the Hogan- Bischoff regime, its too early to tell. Alot of people will tune in over time to see the "real American" Hulk Hogan, whether hes wrestling or not. What will keep people is whether or not they can churn out a quality product week in and week out. Theylve had some hits, and some misses thusfar, but its too early to tell. I like the fact that Bischoff is the most involved and hands on authority figure in the history of TNA. He still plays that smarmy heel so well, but hes not afraid to screw with both the faces and the heels, like foley and Styles last night. I really am going to have to take a "wait and see" approach on their regime, but its got me interested at least.

I myself am starting to miss a bit of the old TNA. Here's what I miss:

1. There used to be more hardcore matches. And all kinds of specialty matches. A lot of people say those are overdone, I like em tho. They add variety to me. Now I feel like I'm lucky if I get to see one match like that.

2. The women's division seemed stronger before as well.

3. Where did all the wrestlers go? Half the roster doesn't even seem to be used.

4. The legends title becomes the world title or something, and now well I don't know what the hell it is. It's an awesome looking belt, I want them to make it special.

I guess the essence of my argument is that it feels a bit stagnant right now. Whereas in 2008-2009, it was stagnant in parts, but it was mostly stuff I really enjoyed.

I feel like too few people are being used to their potential right now. And I want more chaos, inside and outside the ring. And I want more violence.

I feel like TNA has little direction right now. Nothing is building up. Like, sure there's a tournament, but where's the storylines besides the tournament? I can't think of one.

So yeah, it needs a real direction right now.

I'll agree with you about Daniels, Young, World Elite and Beer Money. TNA are currently dropping the ball with those guys.

However, the Knockouts division is still great. The active roster still consists of an overwhelmingly large amount of young talent, like Wolfe, Hernandez, Morgan, AJ, Joe, etc. The ROH guys like AJ and Joe are still the backbone of the company, and the 'convert's like Angle, Nash, Foley and 3D are still being used well.

I would argue that TNA's good/bad use of talent is the same ratio as it ever was. There was a time when Chris Daniels was being squandered in the Curry Man role. The entire X division was feuding with Kevin Nash or 3D. 98% of the show was dedicated to Kurt Angle and his family, or going back a few years to Jeff Jarrett and whatever massive conglomerate of a faction he had going on at the time. There have been times in TNA where TNA originals were not even in the title pictures, while right now AJ Styles is champion feuding against Samoa Joe. And as for AJ himself - as Joe so eloquently put it last night - latching on to the latest savior in TNA has kind of been his long-running gimmick. He was a lackey for Team Cage and Team Angle, so sucking up to Flair isn't really a great departure for his character. Finally, in regards to the old timers sucking up spots on the roster: think back to the King's of Wrestling. Or Randy Savage in TNA, with the entire roster licking his ass. It sucks, but it's nothing new.

The current incarnation of TNA is not the best I've seen, but it's far from the worst. And the 'best' only lasted two to three months and occurred just before Hulk Hogan showed up. I believe that's the real problem. A few months ago, after squandering Chris Daniels and Eric Young and Alex Shelly and Chris Sabin and so many other 'originals' for years, TNA finally decided to start using them and using them well. Bischoff and Hogan may have undone some of that progress, but it's not as though the old TNA had the best track record with them either. If anything, most of these guys are back in the same position they were a year or two ago. I suspect that many of them are being repackaged, as that seemed to be the case with EY last night (anyone else smell an EY re-heel turn coming?).

If TNA continues to neglect or outright fires Beer Money, MCMG, or Chris Daniels, than I will agree with you that the new regime is horrible. However, you shouldn't jump to any conclusions at this point. The new regime is still trying to figure out what works and what doesn't, and not every talent can be on TV every week. For example, Val Venis wasn't on TV this week and I don't believe the Nastyz were either (if they were, I missed it), so it's not just blatant favoritism. Keep in mind that Daniels has worked a PPV match and a feud under the new regime, as have Beer Money. I believe that Alex Shelly is injured, hence no MCMG at the moment. And it seems as though EY is about to get back into the mix, even getting a promo spot with Hulk Hogan last night.

And besides, a lot of good has come out of the new regime as well. The writing is better and more unpredictable, the production quality seems to have improved, the ranking system is a good idea, and most of the promos under the new regime have been gold. Overall I think the company is moving in the right direction. It's not perfect, but I've seen worse.

ZOMG! TNA is doing exactly what everyone predcited! They created a rift in the locker room, and have pushed people to perform better!

I was the biggest one to hate everything that came with Hogan and Bischoff, but to be honest, it's turned into pie on my face, as everything they've done has worked. Anderson came in, and he's a heel. I love to hate Anderson. Perfect pairing. The Nasty Boys came in, and I wanted to see the Dudleys smash their faces in with chairs. It happened! Sweet!

I don't like that they got rid of the 6-sided ring, but it could have been worse. They didn't create a cancer. They ignited interest.

You all need to get over yourselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back