Bret Hart's Latest Rant: Rips Hogan & Bischoff

First of all, bitter is a strong accusation to make. He didn't beg the platform; they asked and he responded, and no one should truly be surprised by these responses. Bret is probably not as dependent on WWE payroll as one would assume, so he's free to speak his mind.

It's common knowledge nowadays that Hogan books with his ego, and Bret really isn't wrong here. Between TNA, his wonder years at WWE and the NWO, Hogan has built a legacy for himself while possibly robbing fans of plenty of opportunities at wrestling greatness. I mean honestly, would it really be a bad idea to drop the title to Hart, who went on to be one of WWF's greatest of all time regardless?

As for Bischoff... well, nobody likes Bischoff. At least not anyone who was remotely involved in WCW. Common sense says Bret has a bit of ill feelings towards him too.

As for Bret and HHH, the hate should be self-explanatory, so I won't even touch that one.

I actually agree with Bret Hart that Hulk Hogan can only make Hulk Hogan. Its true. He hasn't made AJ Styles or Samoa Joe, they've done that on their own steam.

However I disagree that Hogan and Bischoff have done nothing for TNA, well maybe Bischoff but Hogan's mere presence has increased world awareness of TNA which has increased audience sizes which means more ticket sales which means more money for TNA. Quite a lot of his merchandise has sold too, I'm always quite surprised at the number of Hogan t-shirts and bandannas in the crowd showing support for a guy who literally does nothing when he's there apart from talk.

I don't like Hogan being there to be honest and I would call myself a Hulkamaniac. I just see it as sad, I mean go and do something else you're too crippled to wrestle now, it's embarrassing. He doesn't make that good of a gm or whatever he's supposed to be. He should go and make some more movies or do celebrity wrestling again but properly this time, make it more like celebrity death match but with real celebrities. Preferably people who I've actually heard of.

As for Bret Hart, he's coming out with all this stuff because he's brain damaged. Its a classic sign. He just blurts things out and it's a sign of a lack of impulse control.
Bret Hart needs psychiatric help. Guys like hogan and Triple H have absolutely nothing against Bret Hart and would be less inclined to sledge him than Hart is to sledge them.

Bret Hart is burning bridges now. He's still traumatized over the death of his favourite brother Owen and he's brain damaged from being hit in the head too many times, he was never the biggest guy and I think that has taken its toll. Those things combined are resulting in the Bret Hart we're seeing today.

I actually really feel for Bret hart, he used to be one of my favorites and the guy needs help.

I have read and heard by other guys at that time, Nash in particular, that it was Hogan who didn't want to drop the title. And Nash and Hart aren't real chummy. Hogan also admitted that it was his idea to drop the title to Yoko instead of Bret because in his mind, Yoko was the hottest thing in wrestling at the time, which to me is bull. In my opinion, he just didn't want to drop the title clean to a face and preferred to lose it dirty to a heel to protect his hero image.

And that's my point. I do like Hogan and he was the man for a long time, but there were times he didn't see the big picture and do what was right for business. Instead of doing that, have Hogan beat Yoko at King of the Ring, Bret still wins the King of the Ring tournament, then at Summerslam you have Bret vs Hulk with Hulk dropping the title to the new star of the WWF. A passing of the torch. What did we really get? A mediocre Yoko title run.

It's all purely speculation but I, what I heard was that Hogan didn't not want to drop the belt to Bret because he was a face but because he was too small and it was unrealistic that Bret Hart could beat him.

He absolutely wouldn't have wrestled Bret Hart at summerslam that year because hogan was retiring no matter what. He was injured at that time and was only brought back for wrestlemania to boost the numbers.
The deal for hogan was that he'd be crushed by yokozuna never to be seen again and maybe come back if his body got better. As it happened he ended up getting an offer he couldn't refuse to go to wcw the year after when he was working on a filming set.
Wrestling any more in 1993 was out of the question. He made good on his contract obligations and then he was gone.

So the whole Hogan should have dropped the belt to Bret Hart at summerslam thing is completely unrealistic because he was retiring for reasons that would have prevented him from having a match against a guy like Bret Hart who would have pulled and prodded him which his body couldn't take by that stage. He just wanted to cram as much wrestling in at that time as his body could handle and no more, no less.

Personally, i've actually got to agree with Bret on this. Just look at what Hogan did for TNA since coming 3 years ago. He pretty much took guys like A.J. Styles and Samoa Joe from the main event level and drove them back down to the mid card level by given whoever was in charge bad gimmick ideas for them. He put himself over for the last 2 years. The Immortal crap he made us suffer through was even worst then the aces & eights crap that TNA is doing right now. Sure you could say that it's not is fault since he doesn'T have any power backstage, but he does have a name and Dixie does listen to guys like Hogan because of how big a legend the guy is.

He's also responsible for Bobby Roode, James Storm and Austin Aries being former Champions. Not to mention he's had a hand in TNA going on the road and PPV re-branding. Not to mention as well, promoting.

Also, if Hogan was still relevent to wrestling fans right now, don'T you think that TNA would have made a lot more money then they did? Hogan isn'T even to top merchandise seller in the company, Jeff Hardy is and i'm almost certain that Hogan isn'T in the top 3 has far as merchandise sells is concern.
Maybe because he's not selling merch? He's promoting the brand and a backstage hand.

If you look at Hogan career, Hogan was good at only one think and it was making himself look good. It was a good idea back in the 80's and 90's because it brought a lot of money to those company he worked during that period but now, it's not worth it so Bret's right about hogan, Hogan is good at only one thing and it's making himself look good and that doesn't help TNA
Hulk is on TV weekly. Bret's not. Score one for Hogan. Hogan has helped with name value, input and promoting, so if his name is out and he talks about TNA, he's doing his job. Which is more than what Bret is doing which happens to be nothing but complaining.

Has For Bischoff,
As. Not has.
here a guy, that was lucky once, he had an idea that he took from new japan pro wrestling, brought it to america and was lucky enough that it became a huge successful idea and made a lot of money for WCW. The problem is that he never was able to found a way to ended and in the end that's what starting the downfall of WCW and Bischoff never forgave himself for that failure. That's why we saw that awful Immortal angle. Bischoff is a pretty descent guy as far a marketing is concern but that pretty much the only thing he can bring to TNA.

He was lucky once? What? Did a production company fall out of the sky and name itself after him? He's been far more successful these days as a producer for TNA than he was for WCW where he had to constantly make WCW pump out cash and ratings. Nowadays, he's producing multiple shows as well as producing for TNA without having to worry about satisfying higher ups as consistently as he had to in WCW.

Has for the TNA comment being Bush league. He right on that, TNA has been, for the last 10 years, one step higher then ROH. It's pretty much a independant wrestling company with a Tv Deal. That's pretty much it, that'S why over that last year, a lot of guys and girls left TNA hoping to get a WWE contract and if TNA didn'T have that lawsuit against WWE. People like Matt Morgan and Velvet Sky probably wouldn't be in TNA because WWE would have sign them to a contract. TNA got a lot of wrestlers on the rosters are being wasted every week. Guys like AJ. Styles, Chris Daniels, Samoa Joe, Kazarian and James Storm just to name a few could really make a name of themselves in WWE if they had the cuts to try to get a contract with WWE. But right now, after 10 years of being with TNA for most of them and still nobody knows who they are and that's sad of seeing guys that really have all the tools to be major stars in wrestling getting wasted because they feel safer staying in TNA.

Jesus Christ. Every time hear this bullshit about TNA being "bush league" I just wonder to myself where did common sense go. Just how higher can you get if you're in a company that broadcasts worldwide to millions on primetime TV and PPV and tours to various continents each year? Just because WWE makes more money and has a bigger TV audience does not chance the fact that TNA has a lot of exposure. Far more than any company not named WWE or WCW could ever dream of. So this "bush league" stuff is getting really fucking stupid.

The only one sensationalizing things here is you and your overused exclamation marks.

Hulk Hogan was a major star in the AWA before coming to the WWE. His appearance in Rocky III and the Hulkamania craze started there. As in, by his own hand. A mere 3 weeks after his WWE re-debut he became WWE Champion until 1987, so you are wrong. WWE did not make Hulkamania, it existed already.
I really have no clue what you're saying here, but I'll take a guess and say it's "Hogan's irrelevant in TNA". If true why are his segments the highest rated? And why is he by far the most interviewed and talked about. Irrelevant my ass.

And now he has a production company. So technically, he's better now.

They're in a company that broadcasts worldwide with millions of viewers and are on primetime television. Unless there's a wrestling company that broadcasts directly into our minds I doubt you can get any bigger.

Ahhh yes, a fanboy to blinkered to see what is right in front of him!

Hulkamania was given a platform to suceed in WWE. If WWE and Hogan never happened then Hogan would be wrestling in high school gyms now with Jake and the others. Although a theme park isnt that much better. So his segments are the highest rated in TNA - what has the Hogan name done for TNA? They still get poor ratings and they still only get 7000 PPV buys :lmao:

Bret Hart is correct on all fronts.

First of all, I actually don't feel that sorry for Bret Hart over the whole Montreal screwjob. The title wasn't his to keep, and leave the company with. Bret claims that he wanted the match to go to a no-contest and then he would hand back the title on air the next night on Raw. So, he wanted the fans to buy "Survivor Series" 1997, and give them a non-finish in the main-event, because he refused to see the lights.

I know, I know. Shawn refused to see the lights to Bret too, but, at least Shawn Michaels didn't portray himself as anything else but a politicking pain-in-the -ass. Bret's biggest problem is that he claims to be self-righteous, yet played the same politics that he criticised others for playing. Bret set himself on a higher standard, therefore he has be "better" in the way he goes about business. So he should have got pinned at "Survivor Series" 1997, and none of this would have happened.

Bret bags Eric Bischoff, yet Bischoff came the closest to anyone to putting WWE out of business. Bischoff gets slammed now, but he took on "Raw" when everyone said he would fail, and beat them for 82 weeks. Maybe Bret doesn't like Bischoff, but he can't claim that Eric did nothing worthwhile in the business.

I thought Bret had made peace with WWE. After holding out from returning for many years, he comes back, smoking the peace pipe. He claims to have forgiven Shawn and even Vince (even though they had an on-air feud for WM26). Yet he seems like bitter Bret again.

I liked the Bret Hart who encouraged Del Rio at "Royal Rumble". This should be his role now, a mentor for today's gys. Bret had a long and distinguished career, and has nothing left to prove. He doesn't need to sully it by going over old ground. Let the past be the past.

I heard that Bret came back to WWE because Vince McMahon reached out to him when he was in hospital with a stroke, and because, since Bret left WWE, he has had his career end, his brother died, his parents died, he has had two strokes, his brother in law, Davey Boy Smith, died, and one of his best friend killed not only himself, but his wife and child as well (Bret apparently had dinner at the Benoit house often). All these real tragedies made Bret realize that being screwed in Motreal aint' all that bad, and that the whole world isn't just about him anymore. Yet he carries on with this shit. He bags Triple H, and fails to give him credit for his wrestling ability, or his place in wrestling (despite his politicking, Triple H did have some of the things needed to be on top). Bret needs to give credit where credit is due. He doesn't have to like the person, but he should respect their place in wrestling.

ALso, AJ Styles wouldn't do much in WWE. Firstly, he would have to change his name (since there is already an AJ in WWE). Also, Styles would be small compared to most of the WWE roster, so he wouldn't get a top-line push. When Samoa Joe was being talked about years ago joining WWE, Vince wanted to give him the Umaga gimmick. If Vince can't even use Joe properly (and Joe is a bigger guy), then how would he use AJ Styles right. At best, in WWE, AJ Styles would have an Evan Bourne-type run.

Ahhh yes, a fanboy to blinkered to see what is right in front of him!
Someone not saying much seems to be "blinkered" in front of me.
Hulkamania was given a platform to suceed in WWE. If WWE and Hogan never happened then Hogan would be wrestling in high school gyms now with Jake and the others.
Nope. Hogan was major before arriving in the WWE in 1985, so chances are, he'd have made a killing wherever he ended up.
Although a theme park isnt that much better. So his segments are the highest rated in TNA - what has the Hogan name done for TNA?
I don't know. I do recall Mr. Anderson, Rob Van Dam, Jeff Hardy and Eric Bischoff signing with TNA because of him. I do recall his hand in Bobby Roode, James Storm and Austin Aries' runs as TNA Champions, and I do believe TNA's highest rated shows have all been done under him, as well as move on the road. So gee, I don't know what he's done. :rolleyes:

They still get poor ratings and they still only get 7000 PPV buys
You're not very familiar with how ratings work are you? You don't bother to look at viewership numbers either? Or the fact TNA is a privately owned company, therefor there is no proof that TNA has gotten 7000 PPV buys which by the way, is a lot more than what indy companies get on the internet.

Bret Hart is correct on all fronts.
Yeah, that's proving me wrong. Way to go champ. :rolleyes: I bring facts, you bring...... Ignorance, I guess.

Bret Hart: "TNA is a bush leauge"

Bret Hart is so damn bitter.

He's pathetic really.

So Brett Hart doesnt like Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, & Triple H ? This is news ?

I liked Hart as a wrestler, great matches, thought he was boring as a character, not as charismatic as HBK or Nash for instance, but over all, a good wrestler who worked hard to carry the company anytime it fell on his shoulders. It's unfortunate his in ring career ended as it did, just as it was unfortunate injury prematurely ended the careers of Arn Anderson & Steve Austin, or the traffic accident that paralyzed Magnum TA. As for Montreal, Brett should have lost as he was asked to do. Certainly after what Vince had done with his "Real World Champion" gimmick, parading the WCW Title all over his TV shows for a full month to promote the arrival of Ric Flair, and after the Lex Luger here one minute, gone the next stunt that bounced him from SummerSlam to Nitro in 24 hours Vince couldnt risk Hart, angry about being released, bitter about being replaced on the card by his backstage rival Michaels and the adult oriented, foul mouthed Austin, Vince couldnt risk that Brett Hart taking his title to Monday Nitro.

Personally, I think it will be news when Hart says nice things about another top star from his time. He says little of anything about The Rock, and pretty much slams every other main eventer he shared the spotlight with during the 90s.

Dont get me wrong, sometimes I think Hart is correct in his critiques. I dont think Bischoff & Hogan have brought much to TNA. Too many storylines have been dropped or rushed, too many pushes have been halted too quick without a chance to gain steam. As for 1993, Hogan tells a much different story. We may never know for sure but in Hart's defense there are plenty of tales of Hogan refusing to put over Savage, or give a clean win to Sting or Flair and the political maneuvering that followed so maybe Hart has some credibility. Certainly I get why he dislikes HBK, although at least publicly Michaels has tried to make peace with him. I also get why Hart maybe bitter, Hogan remains the industry's biggest star, Michaels got a last title run and some of the biggest WrestleMania bouts of all time. HHH not only was The Wrestler of The Decade for the 2000s but practically runs the entire WWE empire. Looking at how his career ended all that must gall him a bit. Still, I dont need another diatribe about how much he dislikes these guys, especially since he has little to say about Vince McMahon, the guy who denied him a match with Hogan in 93, authorized Montreal in 97, and sent him packing to WCW, not too mentim the fact the entire time Hart was in the top tier of WWE He was constantly being replaced by Yokozuna, HBK, & Nash. Of course, Hart used to have a lot to say about Vince until he went back on the WWE payroll.

When Hart offers up some positive critiques for his contemporaries I'll be interested. Until then Im good, totally filled up with enough "Brett Hart hates this guy" interviews.

Agreed.

Bret is spewing bitterness all over again.

Bret Harts bitterness says more about himself then anyone else he mentions.

He never had the career that he wanted and are spewing hate and bitterness all around him.

Bret should move in with life.

I have to say that when I actually used to watch TNA I was really happy when they signed Hogan. Bischoff was just icing on the cake as far as I was concerned because he and Hogan together could have potentially done a lot of good for TNA and they started off very strong.

Immediately TNA looked like it changed for the better especially when they were doing the Monday shows and big names were showing up like Jeff Hardy, Shannon Moore, Ric Flair, Hall and Syxx-Pac, RVD, etc. I'll admit I was getting that old feeling again like when Nitro was around and on the same time as Raw. The story lines were good and it was getting very interesting. It eventually got a little bland though over time and after Jeff Hardy started his bullshit with the being strung out all the time, Matt Hardy and his youtube crap, Mr. Anderson reminding everyone 20 times per show that he was an asshole, and just generally boring feuds each week, I lost interest and eventually lost track of what was going on.

I cant see why anyone can bash Hogan and Bischoff for at least trying because I believe both genuinely want to do good things for the company and the business as a whole. Again, I haven't been keeping up with TNA so I dont know what the current landscape of the show is but I read some of the updates such as Hogan interviews and some of the stuff on the TNA forums but from what I gather, they have done good things for the company such as the British boot camp thing, Gut Check, Bully Ray appears to have reinvented his career, James Storm and Bobby Roode have broke out, Aries came back and became a big name, etc. because of endorsements from Hogan himself.

I'm sure Hogan and Bischoff get paid handsomely too but thats a different story. I mean its not like they destroyed the company.

Some of the things like the six sided ring that made TNA unique wound up getting the axe but the positives out weigh the negatives in my estimation.

Bret has some right to be bitter because when you take into consideration that Vince McMahon publicly stated that Bret Hart wasn't worth the money he guaranteed him when WCW originally tried to to woo him to come there and he became just another of the one guy in WCW when he had to of thought he would have been in some big time programs and rightfully so. Its only common sense that he would have been yet he just became another background character in the nWo stable who got the axe when they wore out their usefulness in WWE. But he can't completely place 100% of the blame on two people when you consider that practically anyone with name value could dictate their careers with the guaranteed contracts

I agree also that AJ Styles wouldn't have as much value in WWE as he does in TNA. I just dont see it. Joe maybe...MAYBE and thats only due to his history with Punk in my opinion. But again for Bret to say or at least imply that AJ is being held down by Hogan is lame because like I said, guys like Storm, Roode, Aries, and to a certain extent, Daniels and Kazarian have flourished since Hogan came around and he has continued to say how talented and deserving they are to be in that position. Also Jeff Hardy, RVD and Anderson have become more important and in higher positions in TNA than they were in WWE especially Hardy. So, for AJ to not be the very top talent isn't to me, necessarily due to Hogan and/or Bischoff. There are just some others in TNA more deserving of that spot in my opinion than AJ plain and simple.

Bret has such a huge legacy and reputation as one of the very best ever and should just be happy with that and let go of all this animosity he has with all these people in the business who he thinks didn't treat him as such. For him to say HHH is nothing special and brought nothing original or worth while to the history of WWE or the business is down right insane. I guess they never buried the hatchet but big deal! Just let the past go and do your best to encourage the future stars and teach them how to succeed instead of spending every day going out of your way to drudge up old rivalries.

I guarantee HHH, Hogan, and Bischoff don't give a damn about Bret Hart not liking them or still holding a grudge. HHH will eventually be handed the keys to the castle and continues to bring great changes to the product. I'd hate to see Bret become another bitter star of yester year who does nothing but bash the business because he doesn't like the way its become or where its heading

It's all purely speculation but I, what I heard was that Hogan didn't not want to drop the belt to Bret because he was a face but because he was too small and it was unrealistic that Bret Hart could beat him.

Hogan's words:

"Basically I was leaving and had some problems about putting the belt on the right person, because if you put the belt on the wrong person when you come back it's hard to get the business going again.

"If Vince had told me to drop the belt to Bret I would have done it, but since he asked me I said: 'I need to drop to Yokozuna, he's red hot right now. He can carry it.'

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/50995/Hogans-still-running-wild.html

So what's he saying? He didn't want to drop the title and pass the torch to another popular face because if he came back to the WWF, he feels he wouldn't be able to get the title back. That's why he dropped it to Yoko.

He absolutely wouldn't have wrestled Bret Hart at summerslam that year because hogan was retiring no matter what. He was injured at that time and was only brought back for wrestlemania to boost the numbers.

Except Hogan didn't retire. And yeah, Hogan was so injured that he wrestled in NJPW, WWF House shows, and even after KOTR, went on a European tour that year.

The deal for hogan was that he'd be crushed by yokozuna never to be seen again and maybe come back if his body got better.

And what happened at KOTR 93? Oh yeah, Harvey Whippleman posed as a photographer threw a fireball at Hogan and Yoko won the title dirty. He was not crushed by Yoko. Which goes back to my theory that Hogan didn't want to lose clean to a face. He wanted to lose dirty to a heel to protect his hero image.

So the whole Hogan should have dropped the belt to Bret Hart at summerslam thing is completely unrealistic

It's unrealistic because Hogan made it unrealistic. He didn't want to drop the belt to Bret clean because he didn't want to lose his top spot as a face. Instead of doing business, help try to make a new top babyface (which would have happened and SS 93 would have been huge), and help the transition from Hogan, Savage, and all those other guys to Bret, Shawn, Razor, Diesel, he was short sighted and only thought about himself.

And like I said before, I like Hogan, but I can understand Bret's beef with him. It isn't a personal feud like with HHH or Shawn, it's more along the lines of when it came time to do business, he didn't want to.

And what happened at KOTR 93? Oh yeah, Harvey Whippleman posed as a photographer threw a fireball at Hogan and Yoko won the title dirty. He was not crushed by Yoko. Which goes back to my theory that Hogan didn't want to lose clean to a face. He wanted to lose dirty to a heel to protect his hero image.

Bruno Sammartino and Bob Backlund's legendary runs came at an end due to controversy, Bruno lost the title to Billy Graham via Superstar's feet being placed on the ropes, and Bob Backlund never even submitted to Iron Sheik's camel clutch, the towel was thrown in for him by Arnold Skaaland.

Trust me, I don't begrudge people who say that Bret should have beaten Hogan for the World Title. Truth be told, it would have been interesting to see them try one more attempt at a babyface vs babyface World Title match with Hogan dropping the strap. But it was not to happen, I'm not going to necessarily concede to the idea that Vince was weary on such a booking decision, but three years earlier they did try that same scenario with Hogan losing to Warrior, and we all saw how that ended up.

And besides, despite not being a Yokozuna fan, he was red hot, it's just ridiculous that they did have him drop his first Championship so quickly to Hogan, but it worked itself out, while Yoko did need help beating Hogan, he also needed it beating Bret Hart too. And let's not forget that Yoko was a heel, regardless of how big of a monster he was. The heel prerogative is to cheat.

Besides, after winning the King Of The Ring tournament that same year, and starting a feud with both Jerry Lawler and his brother Owen, Bret was back on track and won the title back from the same guy that beat him for it at the previous WrestleMania. Granted it isn't the same as beating wrestling's biggest star. But Bret got his measure of revenge on the guy that took his championship in the first place. And to my knowledge I believe it was the first time two wrestlers competed against each other for the World Title at consecutive WrestleManias.

Which in storyline terms led Bret to do something Hulk Hogan couldn't do, and that was to soundly defeat Yokozuna without any tricks or controversy. Truth be told in a storyline sense, Bret Hart had one of the most intense matches of his life against brother Owen at the opening of the show, and was going into his match with a disadvantage, even though Yokozuna did defend the title against Lex Luger earlier that evening. Just the same Bret was going in as an even bigger underdog with this match.

Hindsight is easy to pick apart what could have, and should have been. Also Bret's shoot interviews and candid speaking also lead more of us to keep speculating on things. However, I take little of what these people say with any real seriousness. I'm not saying there wasn't any ego and tension behind the scenes, but I think much of it gets overblown. Again, this is professional wrestling we're talking about folks.

And like I said before, I like Hogan, but I can understand Bret's beef with him. It isn't a personal feud like with HHH or Shawn, it's more along the lines of when it came time to do business, he didn't want to.

WCW should have been the time that the promoters could have made up for what the WWF didn't do and have a Bret vs Hogan program. Sadly, Bret's career ending injuries quashed that. But who knows, just as things were falling into place for Bret that had to happen. Bottom line is this though in that 1993 scenario, the character of Hulk Hogan came out looking the weakest anyway, and Bret as I mentioned earlier got his redemption against Yokozuna. All's well that ended well in that scenario.

I actually agree with Bret Hart that Hulk Hogan can only make Hulk Hogan. Its true. He hasn't made AJ Styles or Samoa Joe, they've done that on their own steam.

However I disagree that Hogan and Bischoff have done nothing for TNA, well maybe Bischoff but Hogan's mere presence has increased world awareness of TNA which has increased audience sizes which means more ticket sales which means more money for TNA. Quite a lot of his merchandise has sold too, I'm always quite surprised at the number of Hogan t-shirts and bandannas in the crowd showing support for a guy who literally does nothing when he's there apart from talk.

Technicly, i did'nt really do alot for TNA as far as world awareness is concern. TNA was already huge in the U.K. and was doing pretty good in mexico and Japan way before Hogan actually went to TNA. They already had alot of international TV Deals way before hogan came on board and That's mostly because of guys like Sting, Jeff Hardy and Mick Foley. Has far as ticket sales are concern, look in the U.S., they sales around 2 000 to 3 000 ticket a show and they were doing around the same amount when they didn't have Hogan on board because Hogan doesn'T show up to house shows. In the U.K., they sold pretty much the same amount of ticket before as they do now mostly because fans down there actually love the TNA product. And if you look at their tickets sales in Canada, the last tour last year with the 3 shows during their tour. they sold approx. 3000 tickets combines and that's because people knew Hogan wasn't going to be on the card.

Their Ratings hasn't gone up since Hogan came do TNA and their PPV buyrates actually went down since Hogan join the company. Also his merchandise isn'T selling that well. From what i've read, Jeff Hardy merchandise is top seller and Hogan merchandise sellis way behind, Sting and Kurt Angle. So Hogan isn'T really helping TNA at all. I'm not saying that because i hate Hogan because i'm still a fan of his and respect the guy for what he's done for the business but his time as come and right now, he's more harmful for TNA then helpful and it's time of hulkamania to finally died.

WWE made Hogan a star, not he is pretty much irrelevant as his tenure in TNA has proven. Biscoff was good 15 years ago in WCW for a couple of years and AJ Styles, like Sting, needs to wrestle in the big league.

Damn, the Kool Aid is being drank heavily here. Hogan was a Huge star before the WWF got hold of him. He was in Rocky III and was selling out huge venues in the AWA where he was chasing after Nick Bockwinkle for the title. The AWA was making millions off of Hulk Hogan's Drawing ability (supposedly the most that they were ever making) but AWA president Vern Gagne didn't want to give Hogan the belt. He didn't think he was a good enough wrestler. So, Verne chased off the biggest draw in wrestling history because he was stubborn. Do your homework next time you post gibberish like that!

As much as I would like to see Sting perform in one wrestlemania match it isn't going to happen. Sting was the number one wrestler in WCW from 1990 until 1998. From 1996 until mid 1999 WCW was the biggest wrestling company on the planet. Sting also headlined WCW's biggest selling PPV ever which was Starrcade 1997. Therefore, Sting wrestled for the number one company in the world and was the number one baby face in it. So, why does he need to step up anywhere. He already was on the biggest stage of them all. And for your information Starrcade proceeded Wrestlemania by two years!

AJ Styles would be turned into a job guy if he were to go to the WWE. He knows better. And while I am not sure what else he has to acomplish in TNA he would probably never go to WWE. He already left there once and it was probably for the better.

As for what Hart said about Hogan and Bischoff... he is entitled to his opinion. I was always a bigger Hogan Fan than a Hart Fan. To be honest I never really cared for Hart except when he was doubting El Dandy (best interview ever). But even I can see how Hogan screwed Hart over at Wrestlemania whatever it was. It's too bad the two guys never really locked up as I think it would have been a great match.

As for what he said about Bischoff... Well, Bischoff had the biggest story line in Wrestling "Bret Screwed Bret" and he dropped the ball with it. Bret Hart came to WCW and they did NOTHING with him. Nothing at all. Take into account that I am not really a fan of Hart, but that should have been a huge angle and Bischoff just dropped the ball.

Bret said in his book that him and Hogan did a photo shoot in Halifax doing a mock tug-o-war with the belt, and that Vince told him he was beating Hogan with the sharpshooter at Summerslam for the title. Sometime prior to KOTR Vince called Bret and said what he was about to tell him would make him very angry... Hogan was flat-out refusing to put Bret over, saying he's not in Hulk's league. Vince said he was going to try to sell Hogan on it one more time, or else Yoko would get the title and Bret would get Lawler. I guess he talked about that in front of the other boys because other wrestlers have told that story that they heard from Bret. Funny how Bret pulled the same thing with Shawn, under different circumstances though.

He's also responsible for Bobby Roode, James Storm and Austin Aries being former Champions. Not to mention he's had a hand in TNA going on the road and PPV re-branding. Not to mention as well, promoting.

Maybe because he's not selling merch? He's promoting the brand and a backstage hand.

Hulk is on TV weekly. Bret's not. Score one for Hogan. Hogan has helped with name value, input and promoting, so if his name is out and he talks about TNA, he's doing his job. Which is more than what Bret is doing which happens to be nothing but complaining.

Yes Hogan is on TV each week, but that's not a good thing. He needs to take a backstage role off air and put more actual talent on the air in front of our eyes, showing what the people can do in the ring.

As. Not

has.

now you're just being and ass. so there was a type who cares
He was lucky once? What? Did a production company fall out of the sky and name itself after him? He's been far more successful these days as a producer for TNA than he was for WCW where he had to constantly make WCW pump out cash and ratings. Nowadays, he's producing multiple shows as well as producing for TNA without having to worry about satisfying higher ups as consistently as he had to in WCW.
Can't really say much about most of this. Didn't know he had a production company and frankly couldn't care less. Every body and there 10th cousin twice removed with the slightest connection to the entertainment industry has a production company now days.
The problem is that Bischoff as a producer is that he is terrible. The TNA of today is a poor man's version of WCW, and all they are doing is rehasing ideas that were done during the Monday Night wars. This isn't to say he's the only one since WWE has done the same at times, each company trying to copy and outdo the other, but Bischoff is constantly trying to remake NWO and other (Fortune, Immortals, etcc..)
As for not having to satisfy the higher ups, well that's just stupid. If the higher ups don't care that they aren't improving their product or ratings and continue to shell out money for this person, then they are not entitled to complain about how poorly they are doing. He had less oversight with WCW during it's heyday since Turner didn't care about the product so long as it made him money and didn't even like the business in the first place, only wanting to compete against Vince and WWE when he saw how much money they were making in the early 90's at the height of the pre attitude era and with the creation of RAW is WAR getting into his playground of TV programming.

Jesus Christ. Every time hear this bullshit about TNA being "bush league" I just wonder to myself where did common sense go. Just how higher can you get if you're in a company that broadcasts worldwide to millions on primetime TV and PPV and tours to various continents each year? Just because WWE makes more money and has a bigger TV audience does not chance the fact that TNA has a lot of exposure. Far more than any company not named WWE or WCW could ever dream of. So this "bush league" stuff is getting really fucking stupid.

By Bush League we don't mean the size of the audience, you idiot. We're talking about attitude and production. If you run the numbers far more people go to minor league ball games each year then major league games, but the quality of the product just isn't the same. The AHL/CHL even the KHL and other european leagues just don't compare to the quality of an NHL hockey game. Any athlete who tells you they don't want to play for the top level is lying or an idiot. And right now, in wrestling, WWE is the big leagues and EVERY one else is bush leagues.

It's like how over the years, many TV stars have tried to have movie careers and most have failed because they simply don't have the charisma to draw in an audience for the larger screen with a much reduce exposure time of a movie compare to a season of a TV show. That's were TNA is now.

They are basic cable TV compared to movie or paytv level WWE. and neither Hogan or Bischoff are ever going to be able to change that because they can't do what is needed to get to that higher level. It's not a question of money, or tv time, but rather a question of ability and Hogan and Bischoff don't have that in terms of making a company work long term, and what little they did, doesn't work in todays world. the trics they pulled in the 90's to leapfrog wcw over wwe don't work anymore, yet they can't get over their own egos and past success to see that.

Yes Hogan is on TV each week, but that's not a good thing. He needs to take a backstage role off air and put more actual talent on the air in front of our eyes, showing what the people can do in the ring.

As. Not

has.

now you're just being an ass. so there was a type who cares
Can't really say much about most of this. Didn't know he had a production company and frankly couldn't care less. Every body and there 10th cousin twice removed with the slightest connection to the entertainment industry has a production company now days.
The problem is that Bischoff as a producer is that he is terrible. The TNA of today is a poor man's version of WCW, and all they are doing is rehasing ideas that were done during the Monday Night wars. This isn't to say he's the only one since WWE has done the same at times, each company trying to copy and outdo the other, but Bischoff is constantly trying to remake NWO and other (Fortune, Immortals, etcc..)
As for not having to satisfy the higher ups, well that's just stupid. If the higher ups don't care that they aren't improving their product or ratings and continue to shell out money for this person, then they are not entitled to complain about how poorly they are doing. He had less oversight with WCW during it's heyday since Turner didn't care about the product so long as it made him money and didn't even like the business in the first place, only wanting to compete against Vince and WWE when he saw how much money they were making in the early 90's at the height of the pre attitude era and with the creation of RAW is WAR getting into his playground of TV programming.

By Bush League we don't mean the size of the audience, you idiot. We're talking about attitude and production. If you run the numbers far more people go to minor league ball games each year then major league games, but the quality of the product just isn't the same. The AHL/CHL even the KHL and other european leagues just don't compare to the quality of an NHL hockey game. Any athlete who tells you they don't want to play for the top level is lying or an idiot. And right now, in wrestling, WWE is the big leagues and EVERY one else is bush leagues.

It's like how over the years, many TV stars have tried to have movie careers and most have failed because they simply don't have the charisma to draw in an audience for the larger screen with a much reduce exposure time of a movie compare to a season of a TV show. That's were TNA is now.

They are basic cable TV compared to movie or paytv level WWE. and neither Hogan or Bischoff are ever going to be able to change that because they can't do what is needed to get to that higher level. It's not a question of money, or tv time, but rather a question of ability and Hogan and Bischoff don't have that in terms of making a company work long term, and what little they did, doesn't work in todays world. the trics they pulled in the 90's to leapfrog wcw over wwe don't work anymore, yet they can't get over their own egos and past success to see that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back