• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Hogan/Bischoff TNA is horrible

wbuqed

I bring the meat even if ur a vegan
Ok yes I did borrow a corny Vince quote as my title but in a way I felt it was appropriate.

So this topic I don't think was discussed in the more general aspect so I'll bring it to the table and see what everyone thinks.

Seems like since the inclusion of Hogan, Bischoff and what I like to call "I love the early 90s" superstars into TNA it seems as though theres an extremely polarized locker room in TNA. It seems like it's TNA vs the band (for lack of a better term) and Hogan doesn't seem to mind that him and his posse are not endearing themselves to the foundation of TNA. You've already read the stories about the Nasty Boys v Jay Lethal, Hall and Syxxpac2-3 kid regressing into bad habits, Bubba the Love Sponge's presence, obviously hogan getting rid of the 6 sided ring, and the screwjob ending against angle.

My question is do you think given the rocky start that the Hogan/Eric regime is having since the 1 day MNW with WWE do you see potential for the regime to turn things around? And if you think they can't turn it around, can TNA break away from Hogan's regime and still be salvagable vs. WWE? frankly I think there's no way to logically integrate Nasty boys into a believable tag team picture, but I think if hogan were to take a proven vet and leads him in a managerial role, then there is atleast half-success for Hogan. Frankly though, I'm already anticipating the WZ headline "Hogan captures TNA world title" and it makes me cringe

This is still the feeling out process. It's like getting a step parent. The kids don't like the new rules but they'll have to learn to live with them or live somewhere else.
Point is that yes it is possible that TNA will start to garner better ratings and do well in thier own right. It's just as possible that they'll implode due to the Hogan/Bishoff infusion.

Well WHICH locker-room doesn't have its issues?

Do you honestly think that most of WWE's roster enjoys the current state of the product? WWE's road schedule? Vince's douchebaggery? Hell no. If so, then WWE has Cancer too.

I'm glad that TNA trusts its fans and the potential fans and we're lucky that we even know that. Then again, it can come back and bite them in the ass when smarks start slandering their current product which is quite good in my opinion.

And no. It didn't give itself a dose of Cancer. Nobody likes change. These guys have been there for 7-8 years, doing the same thing. The acrobatics, the six sided ring. Then Hogan comes in and changes that - OF COURSE there'll be people who don't like that but it's for the better. If they want to attract audience they'll have to get rid of the things that made some people change the channel the second they saw the six sided ring or the spot fest.

Now, Bubba's behavior is obscene and I really think that Hogan should can his ass and send him back to his stinky radio show. I agree there.

And I find it hilarious that people still think that Hogan's gonna slap the title on himself. Give me a break, he can barely go down the ramp and he knows it.

TNA revitalized itself and no I'm not a TNA mark, I'm not a WWE mark either, I enjoy TNA and I partially enjoy WWE.

at first i didnt get why he would get rid of the six sided ring but know i realize that he wants to make tna look serious and its not hogan im worried about im worried about eric and his politics homicide was left off 2 weeks of tapings. all things foley said was absolutely true

The fact that TNA employees are telling anyone who will listen that the locker room is polarized, that Hogan and Bischoff are causing mass dissension, and that everyone lives in perpetual fear for there jobs, leads me to believe that most of this is a work. One of the central complaints fans have had about TNA recently is the feeling of 'chaos' in and around Impact. Wrestlers coming and going, few clear storylines cohering, and the embryo of an old guard/new blood split, all have the appearance to me of a very controlled chaos.

Yeah, i get the feeling it's a work too. But they better gewt to the point quick because they are starting to look like the mid-90's WCW again and we all know where that went eventually. Hogan seens to have a hard time doing two things, knowing when to step away, and being unbiased when signing talent. The only reason that the Nasty Boys are around right now ids because they are friends of Hogans. Most of TNA's fans are probably too young to remember these two fat fucks anyway, so bringing them in ids pointless. They bring nothing to the show besides a desire to change the channel. Hall and Waltman, past their sell-by date, and so is Nash. They need to get these has beens off T.v> before the fans lose interest. In my opinion, the only reason that they have'nt left already is because Vince'sa product is so mediocre right now. That isn;'t a diss on TNA, but if this was ten years ago, TNA bringing in Hogan and Bisch would have sank them.

I don't think TNA "gave itself poison" but I believe the hardcore fanbase that has been showing up and watching since 2002 is going to lose a lot of interest. Because its not the same product anymore, yeah you have some familiar faces but really it isnt the same. Changing the ring, having a long ramp from late 80's early 90's NWA/WCW made it lose the uniqueness it had over WWE with the six sixed ring, now I just see it as a generic company. Yes Hogan will draw viewers because he is the most famous wrestler on the planet and die hard WCW fans want to see Hogan kick McMahon's ass the second time around (Got in an arguement with a friend who was a die hard WCW fan, he hasen't said a word to me in 2 weeks) But bringing in the Nasty Boys and BTLS just because Hogan is their buddy, and bringing in irrelevant workers like Morely and OJ isn't helping at all. Bottom line, they'll get viewers cause of Hogan, and they will become more successful. Will they ever beat WWE. No because getting rid of your identity (6 Sided Ring) and bringing in meaningless talent (Nasty Boys, Morely, OJ, Hall and Syxx for 2 weeks) its just demorelizing the guys who have been there since day 1 and are taking the spotlight away from them.

Its funny to hear all these complaints about TNA and the old guys. When TNA has been drawing its highest ratings consently. The Main Event Jarrett vs Mr. Anderson was the highest rated momment in that show 2 weeks ago. Then Nash vs Foley drew the highest rating of last weeks show. Nash,Foley,Jarrett--Old talent. Mr. Anderson WWE developed talent. At what point is the old talent failing? The monday night debut of Hogan was highly rated especially considering they were going against Bret Harts return. I know for one alot of people were looking to the NWO reunion. Also to of course see Hogan and Erics impact. Again how are these old guys failing? Kurt Angle? Sting? Those are your TNA stars.

No one seems to care about the 6 sided ring being gone..lol The fact is the young TNA talent cannot keep the an audience entertained in either. That is why TNA will fail miserably. Aj is a wrestler and not an entertainer. Samoa Joe is a fat sluggish wrestler not an entertainer. Hello!! Wake up people out of all the past champions of WWE or WCW were ENTERTAINERS!! Wrestling is a male soap. Its not a sport so your watching it to be entertained. Weekly show should focuse on building a story with minor wrestling. Then feature the best match of the night in the main event.

TNA shot thierselves in the foot with backing Aj Styles as champion when he should have stayed in the X division. They gathered alot of new people with Hogan and Eric but I think they are leaving in large numbers. I may be the next one. I have watched TNA for along time now. Those old guys give you the best entertaining momments. I am tired of watching young talent that give average matches except for the high spots and flips. Aj Styles gives ok matches but its not a sport that doesnt make me like AJ. I like Tom Brady because of his talent and I dont care about his personality. Aj however is not in a sport his winning or loosing is scripted. I need to be entertained it is a weekly TV show.

Daniels,Joe,Aj, Morgan,Hernadez,Wolfe....the list goes on and on of young talent who have the entertainment value of nothing. You might as well watch me take a shit. You would be no less entertained than seeing the young TNA talent. Your stomach would turn from the smell but watching Aj Styles giggle like a girl around Ric Flair makes mine stomach turn also.

TNA's future is nothing. All of the TNA young guys would be lucky to crack the mid card in TNA. Thats why Vince has done a TNA talent raid. He doesnt want them. Who would? What would they have to offer?

The cancer in TNA is the young TNA talent. Those old guys are only getting you better ratings and having the higest rated main events of the whole show. If you main event a PPV Hogan vs Jarrett or Mr. Anderson vs Sting for the world title then you would your highest rated PPV. Aj vs Joe just isnt going to do it. A great match for mid card PPV for the X division title buit not worth my $20 to watch them in the main event.

Oh yeah why isnt Raven used more? He is hands down one of the best wrestling gimmicks ever. WHatever you do TNA get those un entertaining young guys off my TV. Thursday night is one of my nights off work. I want to be entertained when I relax. If not I can just watch something else.

Its funny to hear all these complaints about TNA and the old guys. When TNA has been drawing its highest ratings consently. The Main Event Jarrett vs Mr. Anderson was the highest rated momment in that show 2 weeks ago. Then Nash vs Foley drew the highest rating of last weeks show. Nash,Foley,Jarrett--Old talent. Mr. Anderson WWE developed talent. At what point is the old talent failing? The monday night debut of Hogan was highly rated especially considering they were going against Bret Harts return. I know for one alot of people were looking to the NWO reunion. Also to of course see Hogan and Erics impact. Again how are these old guys failing? Kurt Angle? Sting? Those are your TNA stars.

No one seems to care about the 6 sided ring being gone..lol The fact is the young TNA talent cannot keep the an audience entertained in either. That is why TNA will fail miserably. Aj is a wrestler and not an entertainer. Samoa Joe is a fat sluggish wrestler not an entertainer. Hello!! Wake up people out of all the past champions of WWE or WCW were ENTERTAINERS!! Wrestling is a male soap. Its not a sport so your watching it to be entertained. Weekly show should focuse on building a story with minor wrestling. Then feature the best match of the night in the main event.

TNA shot thierselves in the foot with backing Aj Styles as champion when he should have stayed in the X division. They gathered alot of new people with Hogan and Eric but I think they are leaving in large numbers. I may be the next one. I have watched TNA for along time now. Those old guys give you the best entertaining momments. I am tired of watching young talent that give average matches except for the high spots and flips. Aj Styles gives ok matches but its not a sport that doesnt make me like AJ. I like Tom Brady because of his talent and I dont care about his personality. Aj however is not in a sport his winning or loosing is scripted. I need to be entertained it is a weekly TV show.

Daniels,Joe,Aj, Morgan,Hernadez,Wolfe....the list goes on and on of young talent who have the entertainment value of nothing. You might as well watch me take a shit. You would be no less entertained than seeing the young TNA talent. Your stomach would turn from the smell but watching Aj Styles giggle like a girl around Ric Flair makes mine stomach turn also.

TNA's future is nothing. All of the TNA young guys would be lucky to crack the mid card in TNA. Thats why Vince has done a TNA talent raid. He doesnt want them. Who would? What would they have to offer?

The cancer in TNA is the young TNA talent. Those old guys are only getting you better ratings and having the higest rated main events of the whole show. If you main event a PPV Hogan vs Jarrett or Mr. Anderson vs Sting for the world title then you would your highest rated PPV. Aj vs Joe just isnt going to do it. A great match for mid card PPV for the X division title buit not worth my $20 to watch them in the main event.

Oh yeah why isnt Raven used more? He is hands down one of the best wrestling gimmicks ever. WHatever you do TNA get those un entertaining young guys off my TV. Thursday night is one of my nights off work. I want to be entertained when I relax. If not I can just watch something else.

While Nash-Foley may have been the highest rated segment of last weeks show, you fail to mention that the overall rating for the show dropped from a 1.4 two weeks ago to 1.2 last week.

You ask 'At what point is the old talent failing'? Well perhaps we are starting to see that now. Hogan / Bischoff have been in charge for over a month now and are heading into their 2nd PPV. Maybe the lower rating is just a bad week, or maybe the novelty of Hogan returning to wrestling has worn off and TNA's ratings will return to pre-Hogan numbers.

Hogan was thier to up ratings and get people watching. He did just that. Its the young guys that are miserably failing to keep anyones attention. In the ring or promo wise. I know some Hogan marks and they tune into see him. They always wanted to give the younger guys a chance but like me are simply bored by them. Nasty Boys vs Dudleys story has been more entertaining than anything Aj Styles has done recently. Hogan and Bishoff may have failed on one thing an that was putting the title on someone who is creditable with a mainstream audience.

Hell I mark out for Hogan and the band. Now Syxx and Hall are gone. Which means more time for those boring youngsters. What star qaulity does anyone have in TNA?

The one guy who should have the title should be Mr. Anderson he has mic skills and ring skills. He should be carrying this TNA movement not a southern redneck no name wanna be named Aj Styles..

No. No cancer here, just a lump. Bubba The Lump. he's the only one causing problems. he basically put the last nail on Kong/TNA. He's done nothing but act stupid and play dumb on radio and keeps stirring shit for no reason. I fear the only reason he's not canned is because TNA want to use his show to outlet the product. That being the case they really oughta keep the prick on a leash. Hall/Waltman haven't changed, soon enough they'll leave for "better" things. As for the Nasty's, I don't know. I'm still pulling for an injury vs 3D. :shrug:

I don't think TNA "gave itself poison" but I believe the hardcore fanbase that has been showing up and watching since 2002 is going to lose a lot of interest. Because its not the same product anymore, yeah you have some familiar faces but really it isnt the same. Changing the ring, having a long ramp from late 80's early 90's NWA/WCW made it lose the uniqueness it had over WWE with the six sixed ring, now I just see it as a generic company. Yes Hogan will draw viewers because he is the most famous wrestler on the planet and die hard WCW fans want to see Hogan kick McMahon's ass the second time around (Got in an arguement with a friend who was a die hard WCW fan, he hasen't said a word to me in 2 weeks) But bringing in the Nasty Boys and BTLS just because Hogan is their buddy, and bringing in irrelevant workers like Morely and OJ isn't helping at all. Bottom line, they'll get viewers cause of Hogan, and they will become more successful. Will they ever beat WWE. No because getting rid of your identity (6 Sided Ring) and bringing in meaningless talent (Nasty Boys, Morely, OJ, Hall and Syxx for 2 weeks) its just demorelizing the guys who have been there since day 1 and are taking the spotlight away from them.

What uniqueness? It's a ring with 2 extra sides for crying out loud? Any TNA fan that's turned off because TNA is using the traditional ring isn't a true TNA fan to begin with because true TNA fans began watching the product back when they were in the traditional ring long before the six sides. The 6 sides maybe part of what made TNA standout because of how long they've been using it but Hogan realized the gimmick wasn't working, so he brought back the traditional ring which makes tons of sense because that's how wrestling fans identify with wrestling.

As for TNA beating WWE, your answer was No. And your answer to that is because they bring in irrelevant workers who you claim steal the spotlight and because they got rid of the 6 sided ring and it's demoralizing the guys in the back. :lmao: Yeah okay. You really think the talent in TNA who have been trained in 4 sided rings and wrestle in 4 sided rings outside of TNA give a damn whether TNA uses a 6 or 4 sided ring?? And as for the talent coming in, Nastys are there to feud with 3D. I don't see any light being stolen. Waltman and Hall are in programs with Nash. Who are they stealing spotlight from. Hell, didn't the Band put over Beer Money at the Genesis PPV. If anything, it's making the old fans comeback and pay attention to wrestling through TNA while getting a chance to watch a show with some of the best young talent.

So to answer the threadstarter, no it's not poison. Everything is a work in process. It's only been a month. Give the regime a chance.

6 sided ring gone- thank god, most of the workers didnt know how to use the ring properly and it came off very bad most times, if people remember tna started using the ring after the partnership with AAA to be unique.....it didnt "help" the x-division......if u compare before and after 95 percent of the x-division matchs before were better than the 6 sided matchs.... the 6 side set up awefully move angles where wrestlers had to readjust mid move..... any wrestler who went to the top rope had to either reposition the wrestler or the wrestler had to do the very obvious move in position so the move can land........ITS A GOOD THING ITS GONE....

Nasty boys - i dont get why people are complaining like there gonna stay.........there gonna be finished after there program with the dudleys, that was there whole point to being brought in.....there building the nasty boys as the original hardcore tag team compared to 3d....... 3d will win the program and nasty boys will be gone

hall/x-pac - did they get fired recently or something i saw a comment indicating they did, but i didnt see anywhere on the site that there gone....... both are working day to day contracts, tna isnt giving them a serious program till they prove that there serious and there to work......this is why were just seeing them run in attack and leave.....now idk if hall coming in "drunk" is real or a work, but waltmans promo a couple weeks back he was obviously under the influence of something.....

knockouts/tag division- hopefully they get there own show to leave open slots for impact..... i would much rather see a x-division tag team division than a knockout tag division.... mcmg vs genme proved these matchs can be classic..... bring teams like the briscos, american wolves(aka new version of the elimantors) , teams from mexican and japan like apollo 55......these matchs/divison would turn tna inside out.

I don't think Bischoff and Hogan are the problem per se because Hogan isn't wrestling and Bischoff hasn't been that big of a neopotist in his time in the business. The problem comes because they are hiring people that while may be reasonably established names are all renown for backstage beef with people. Flair has upset a lot of people over the years, as have the clique, as has the Nasty Boys. The whole thing has the potential to explode in their faces if they aren't careful. I don't think an implosion is inevitable, but a clear hierarchy has to be imposed, otherwise it'll be anarchy all around.

I think one major thing that people are missing is that the 6 sided ring was TNA it was a very big part of the promotion. It gave them something different (6 sides of steel, etc.) and idk what everyone's talking about as far as most guys not knowing what to do with it. I saw a lot of the x-division guys go nuts with it. Also, as far as the "stars" TNA has acquired i'll break that down one by one.

Jeff Hardy- Can't deny that the kids got talent but they used him for the Hogan show just to create more publicity. If his legal problems get sorted and he gets a full contract, I'm not convinced he'll create that big of an impact. He already had a stay in TNA back in 06 and I'd bet nobody who just watches WWE had a clue he was there. Frankly the TNA fans didn't really care he was there. The problem with TNA is not lack of talent it's lack of knowing what to do with them.

Ken Anderson/Kennedy- Seriously wtf does everybody see in this guy. I didn't like him in WWE and I don't like him now. He is a waste of roster space. His gimmick was novel for about the first 3 times I saw it, then it just got annoying. He's really got nothing special in the way of in-ring talent. Despite that he has good mic skills he doesn't really have a good persona. He's not a good heal and a terrible face yet whatever company he shows up in he gets a huge push. Not to mention the guy gets injured like clockwork. He was in WWE from 04-09 and he maybe competed 3 full years because of all the injuries he had. Can someone explain this one to me?

The Nasty Boys- Why? These guys were never that terribly interesting and if you've seen them wrestle the only way to make it interesting is to have it be hardcore because well they can't wrestle. They're a million pounds and a million years old. It's obvious that they spend more time drinking beer than training but they're brawlers what do you expect. Even if there stay is just temporary it's taking away time from showing off home grown guys who actually have...dah dah dahhh...wrestling talent. Guys who work hard, train their asses off and do amazing things in the ring.

Scott Hall/Waltman- These two are another why bother. It's a lose lose situation. If you team them up with Nash (who's far past his prime as well) you get three guys who shouldn't be wrestling anymore, two of which are probably to f*cked up on god knows what to be in the ring. So you have them turn on Nash (oh ah drama, pathetic) I really wouldn't have cared either way but Hall can barely walk let alone throw a punch. I know it's fake but jesus that guy can't do anything. So why bother bringing two washed up drug addicts who aren't physically nor mentally capable or wrestling to TNA? to relive the glory of the WCW days aka the days when pretty much everyone was washed up back then and the whole company went under. If they want to relive WCW, Hogan buy your own damn promotion.

Ric Flair- Now i'll be honest I haven't been a fan of his until recently, but there's a lot bothering me about his presence in the company. Like everybody on the list (except hardy) he's a guy who is know to be a major pain in the ass and create a lot of drama in the locker room. What really got me though was the fact that the WWE treated him like he sh*t gold. He was getting paid well he had a retirement match that rivaled any match he had in the last decade and was put in the hall of fame. It seems like he coulda worked something out and maybe be put in like a GM role or something just to keep him happy. The only thing that really bothers me about his actual presence in TNA is now we have to suffer through AJ trying to be a heel and failing miserably(plus he's got a terrible Flair impression) I don't understand why they can't let AJ Styles be Aj Styles.

Bischoff- The only thing of any worth this guy has ever contributed to professional wrestling is the Elimination Chamber. Foley was right. He talked his way to the top, did nothing to back up his statements, made sh*tty decisions at every turn, and put his friends in positions they didn't deserve (sound familiar Hogan?)

Hogan- I've said it before I'll say it again. Hogan should be used for publicity only. He should be used as a figurehead to get people interested in the TNA product. Instead you have a guy who despite being in the business for 30+ years knows nothing of pro wrestling, especially on the side of running things. So he demolishes everything TNA is (the reason the 6 sides is unforgivable is not because he did it because he thought it would be good for business. He did it because it's what he's used to) He brings in a bunch of old hacks (just so happens all of them are his buddies) who add nothing to the company and take away the little tv time TNA has once a week to show a bunch of dinosaurs instead of TNA talent. Now I've got nothing against Hogan particularly but it seems pretty clear to me that after his divorce suicide attempt, etc. He needed an outlet to make HIMSELF happy, not the TNA fans. I think it's complete bs when he says he wants this company to be the best it can for the TNA fans brother. He's doing this for himself, not for the fans, not for the talent, for himself. He seems nice enough in the way he responds to the criticism but i just don't buy that he actually cares about the future of this company

Ok yes I did borrow a corny Vince quote as my title but in a way I felt it was appropriate.

So this topic I don't think was discussed in the more general aspect so I'll bring it to the table and see what everyone thinks.

Seems like since the inclusion of Hogan, Bischoff and what I like to call "I love the early 90s" superstars into TNA it seems as though theres an extremely polarized locker room in TNA. It seems like it's TNA vs the band (for lack of a better term) and Hogan doesn't seem to mind that him and his posse are not endearing themselves to the foundation of TNA. You've already read the stories about the Nasty Boys v Jay Lethal, Hall and Syxxpac2-3 kid regressing into bad habits, Bubba the Love Sponge's presence, obviously hogan getting rid of the 6 sided ring, and the screwjob ending against angle.

My question is do you think given the rocky start that the Hogan/Eric regime is having since the 1 day MNW with WWE do you see potential for the regime to turn things around? And if you think they can't turn it around, can TNA break away from Hogan's regime and still be salvagable vs. WWE? frankly I think there's no way to logically integrate Nasty boys into a believable tag team picture, but I think if hogan were to take a proven vet and leads him in a managerial role, then there is atleast half-success for Hogan. Frankly though, I'm already anticipating the WZ headline "Hogan captures TNA world title" and it makes me cringe

Rocky start? I guess that the 2.2 million viewers that watched the January 4th edition of TNA Impact mean nothing, I guess the fact that there is talk of putting TNA on Monday Nights shows that things are just not working right now for TNA.

I also guess that we should already be judging the progress of Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff despite the fact that their stint in TNA is still in its infancy. Looks like we got another live one here on the boards people, when's the last time you pow wowed with the TNA locker room, wbuqed? Again, like I was telling these other smarks, it's to your benefit to take everything with a grain of salt. That way you don't waste our time with these stupid and ridiculously redundant posts. Unless, you're one of the boys then you don't know even a fraction of the story of what goes on behind the scenes in any wrestling organization.

So far Hogan has been doing what he says, i.e. that he won't wrestle and that the young guys are going to get their chance to shine. So far I haven't seen him walking around with the TNA World Title. Oh and I guess you must be away from the couch when AJ Styles is on Impact or else you'd notice that he's been given a major heel push with Ric Flair as his manager. Yeah, in case you're wondering who Ric Flair is, he only happens to be one of the most prolific professional wrestlers that ever lived, and TNA is using him to revive what I consider to be the very missed manager aspect of professional wrestling.

So do yourself a favor, forget the rumors and try to apprecaite the fact that a wrestling alternative is working its way back on to our TVs. But if all you want to do is just whine and cry about backstage happenings that you aren't even there to see, just do yourself a favor and post opinions on the National Enquirer website, because they have no place here at all.

The idea of you making another post here on this forum, is what makes me cringe.

Good day, smark...

Bischoff- The only thing of any worth this guy has ever contributed to professional wrestling is the Elimination Chamber. Foley was right. He talked his way to the top, did nothing to back up his statements, made sh*tty decisions at every turn, and put his friends in positions they didn't deserve (sound familiar Hogan?)

I am sorry but I see something really wrong with this statement. Eric Bischoff mas the mastermind behind the original nWo and was the one responsible for Vince McMahon changing to the attitude era due to the fact that WCW was winning the ratings war for nearly 2 years.

Yes Bischoff may not have been the best person for the job but in the end he got the job done. It wasn't Until Time Warner merged with AOL that the death note for WCW was strung. When that happened and WCW programming was lost was when there was no other option but to sell to WWE. Eric Biscoff actually had financial backing to buy WCW but as soon as the programming was canned then the backers pulled out.

So saying Bischoff did nothing is a complete lie

all the hogan allstars will be gone by Bound 4 Glory except Mr Anderson and possibly O.J. if he can win you over with some decent matches against D.D. and all the TNA-Maniacs will realize that they spent the last 9 months eating out of Hogan and Bischoffs hands, i mean the fact that the majority of you cant see through the storylines (j.b. and abyss gone, morley beating daniels, nastys actually lasting more then their feud with 3d, and the band being banned (nice pun, huh?) O.J. beating your pope, jarret having to "climb the mountain" he built)makes me believe the term smark should be changed into the REmarks, because you have absolutely no idea of recycling old-school feuds, every current storyline is a play on old ones and you guys really ought to do your homework... believe me when i say, if Hogan and Bischoff pull off what (i think) they're trying to pull off, then your gonna be eating your words, because TNA will be a viable contender on Monday nights and thats a LOT more then they could say a few months back...

I think one major thing that people are missing is that the 6 sided ring was TNA it was a very big part of the promotion. It gave them something different (6 sides of steel, etc.) and idk what everyone's talking about as far as most guys not knowing what to do with it. I saw a lot of the x-division guys go nuts with it. Also, as far as the "stars" TNA has acquired i'll break that down one by one.

95 percent of the roster didnt..... the ring sat up awkward angles, how many times did we have to ppl get thrown into the ropes but it come off bad bc the angles were off, or someone going for a top rope spot but to jump back into the ring to readjust the guy or the guy flops around to get into position...i mean comon....... u have guys like aj,mcmg,daniels ,xpac who are use to the ring bc theyve worked all around the world in specific mexico which AAA uses the 6 sided ring and has used it for a long while..... everyone who wants the 6 sided ring back uses the same excuse.... "x-division"....but if u watched tna from the birth pretty much every x-divison match in the 4 sided was better than the 6 sided in a non gimmick match.... and as we saw the last 6 sided gimmick match had to be edited on 1/4 bc homicide couldnt get out of the top of the cage....

personally i think everyone want to jump to a conclusion and say if hogan is a bust or gold. But my question is did wwe become this big over night or did it take years to grow to what they are. Everyone says the older talent is taking from the younger talent. Which is totally wrong hogan just making more time to get the fans to know the older guys so when the young guys come in (which i believe there off tv because some are going to get gimmick changes and if they did it right away instead of taking them off tv for a while it wouldnt work) and bet the older guy to get a rubb from the older guys. By the end of 2010 i dont believe there will be many older guys still there unless there in the mid-card pushing talent. I dont think Hogan Will EVER get the title. I listen to him on RVD radio and he knows he cant do it anymore he openly said he has a hard time walking to the ring he wont get in it unless it just a angle. Also i believe if hogan gets RVD to join TNA that wwe will finally worry about it. RVD is one of the most recognizing free agents in the world and if TNA lands him i think it be a huge step. Imagine Rvd Aj styles at BOUND for Glory i know wwe fans would even order that . Just my opion

personally i think everyone want to jump to a conclusion and say if hogan is a bust or gold. But my question is did wwe become this big over night or did it take years to grow to what they are. Everyone says the older talent is taking from the younger talent. Which is totally wrong hogan just making more time to get the fans to know the older guys so when the young guys come in (which i believe there off tv because some are going to get gimmick changes and if they did it right away instead of taking them off tv for a while it wouldnt work) and bet the older guy to get a rubb from the older guys. By the end of 2010 i dont believe there will be many older guys still there unless there in the mid-card pushing talent. I dont think Hogan Will EVER get the title. I listen to him on RVD radio and he knows he cant do it anymore he openly said he has a hard time walking to the ring he wont get in it unless it just a angle. Also i believe if hogan gets RVD to join TNA that wwe will finally worry about it. RVD is one of the most recognizing free agents in the world and if TNA lands him i think it be a huge step. Imagine Rvd Aj styles at BOUND for Glory i know wwe fans would even order that . Just my opion

im with u, if the nay sayers actually look what there doing is for the younger guys to go over the older guys to become a name to the casual fan...... the dudleys will go over the nasty boys and they will be gone, the dudleys will again help out the younger talent...hall/waltman are on day to day contracts, if they screw up at all there gone..its why they havnt been put in a major storyline...were one month in we gotta let storylines advance and let the dust settle.......

Rocky start? I guess that the 2.2 million viewers that watched the January 4th edition of TNA Impact mean nothing, I guess the fact that there is talk of putting TNA on Monday Nights shows that things are just not working right now for TNA.

Like i said in my post if you read it thoroughly (sp?) I said after the MNW, of course TNA was gonna get a pop that night, because it was a look in audience, its always what happens the week after a big event that is the bigger story

Like i said in my post if you read it thoroughly (sp?) I said after the MNW, of course TNA was gonna get a pop that night, because it was a look in audience, its always what happens the week after a big event that is the bigger story

the thursday timeslot/ being on spike is also hurting them....if they were on a better network and being on mondays would increase ratings......its like ufc....they dont draw alot of numbers on spike during the week, but their ppvs r threw the roof, strikeforce does 5.2 mill on cbs b ut even the owner knows they wouldnt do well on ppv..... its the network...if tna could somehow go to turner or another network i think THEN we'll start seeing rating ins the 2's and what not

Yeah, I read it all, and just the same this thing is going to take time, TNA will not overtake the wrestling world just over night, it's all about building up to that, and they don't need to necessarily take over the wrestling world just to be good, but gotta look at it this way, throughout pro wrestling's history major changes have often quite often.

I think the people here tend to forget that World Wrestling Entertainment started off as a very small promotion in the Northeast that was an affiliate of the National Wrestling Alliance. It took this very same company quite sometime to become the promotion it is today.

I don't hold a business degree and I know nothing of the process of running something like a wrestling organization, but I know enough to say that it takes more than just starting idiotic and ignorant internet postings to make yourself an expert on what a truly successful wrestling promotion is.

It's only been a month since Hulk Hogan has shown up on TNA. I'm not jumping the gun on either stance of whether this is going to be successful or not, I'm waiting and seeing. If yourself want to have a point that is considered valid on this forum, I would do the same thing.

Yeah, I read it all, and just the same this thing is going to take time, TNA will not overtake the wrestling world just over night, it's all about building up to that, and they don't need to necessarily take over the wrestling world just to be good, but gotta look at it this way, throughout pro wrestling's history major changes have often quite often.

I think the people here tend to forget that World Wrestling Entertainment started off as a very small promotion in the Northeast that was an affiliate of the National Wrestling Alliance. It took this very same company quite sometime to become the promotion it is today.

I don't hold a business degree and I know nothing of the process of running something like a wrestling organization, but I know enough to say that it takes more than just starting idiotic and ignorant internet postings to make yourself an expert on what a truly successful wrestling promotion is.

It's only been a month since Hulk Hogan has shown up on TNA. I'm not jumping the gun on either stance of whether this is going to be successful or not, I'm waiting and seeing. If yourself want to have a point that is considered valid on this forum, I would do the same thing.

when was wwwf/wwf ever affiliated with nwa.....i dont think they ever were i mean i could be wrong but i could of swore when on demand had the territories episode they said it was nwa vs awa vs wwwf/wwf.... nwa consisted of mostly the southern and the west.. now thinkin on it i remember they said vince sr was a memeber on the board but something happened that seperated the 2, which is why it became nwa vs awa vs wwf

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back