The criteria

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
This question is for every one who has either been on creative, or is currently on Creative, or may join Creative in future.

What's the criteria on which you will/do judge a RolePlay and vote it for the win? What do you particularly want in a RolePlay to vote it for a win?

I think that answers to these two questions will help noobs like me.

Thanks in advance.

talk about the match your RPing for

Talk about any feud your in whether it's with your current opponent or not.

Character development

grammar and spelling are important only if they take me out of the story. Not being that good with this myself if they don't take me out of the flow I really don't care.

If all of this is even then it comes down to who's story I liked more

talk about the match your RPing for

Talk about any feud your in whether it's with your current opponent or not.

Character development

grammar and spelling are important only if they take me out of the story. Not being that good with this myself if they don't take me out of the flow I really don't care.

If all of this is even then it comes down to who's story I liked more
Character development as in making people get to know more about the character?

It's not as simple as one thing or the other for me. I want a well written and thought about piece of work, first and foremost. Think about your opponent and think of ways to attack them. If you can tie that into your own characters emotional progression, then that's even better.

Pretty much with Dave here.

I'll use Batti as an example, a Batti RP with 24 gifs will make my head hurt and make me switch off yet I've still voted for Batti in matches.

For me it's telling a story. My pet hate is people who have clearly just shoehorned their opponent in. For example I had an idea ages ago of using Stevie Richards promo to splice to make into an interview. I had the idea for months before using one of him working out in a Flex RP and erventually used it v Dagger. It's about making it relevant.

Also try and keep it simple with a bit of outrageousness. Titus is a five time Oscar winner who was a superhero as well, yet I've somehow made it believable. Likewise Cooper for the grammy's. Throwing in a ghost of a dead fiancee just doesn't work for me.

They key though is research your opponent. Read their RPs not just their roster page, see how they acted last show and anything that can be linked.

Example the first time I faced Dagger he was world champion at the time. I read every single RP he had done for a year and noticed a pattern his opponents were doing: They were calling him out for being a nerd. Hardly a new thing, yet everyone did it. My thing was to refuse to acknowledge Theronshield as a character but talked about Shawn Daggers. This started a knock on effect where people jumped on it and he embraced it as part of his character.

So in conclusion:
- Be yourself
- Keep it simple
- Tell a story
- Make me care about your match

Character development as in making people get to know more about the character?
Know more about their character as well as getting me to care about or hate them.

All the best do this very well which is part of why their the best.

A good RP should keep the reader engaged. Don't be afraid to try something different (I was one of the few that applauded Spidey for opening his RP with a steamy sex scene...it grabs your attention and yells "Welcome to my MOFO RP..." ) , just not too crazy...like your character can suddenly shoot lasers from his/her eyes and fly around. Keep the dialog interesting and challenge yourself to make each RP as though a completely new reader outside WZCW is reading your RP.

Go back and read some of my first ten RP's on what not to do. Lol. I killed a few cops in my first RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back