• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Q & A with the lemmings

Krypto or Flex?

Flex! Sorry man, I liked Krypto and all, and I think you did a good job getting out of S.H.I.T's shadow with the character, which was everyones (including mine, as much as I did try to help you) major concern. But Flex Mussel is inspired, and I just love characters like that.

What is one of your characters major flaws? I don't mean physical weaknesses, but flaws that you try to get across in your RP's?

I'll answer, mine is hypocrisy. More depth will be given provided the question draws enough answers and I remember.

What is one of your characters major flaws? I don't mean physical weaknesses, but flaws that you try to get across in your RP's?

I'll answer, mine is hypocrisy. More depth will be given provided the question draws enough answers and I remember.

Well with how I'm writing Ty now, the human side is broken and weak, the Harbinger side is hypocritical in the fact he hates how the beast has taken over, yet he did exactly that to the human Ty. The beast is just a cold calculating killer, I haven't gotten around to his character flaw.

Before this storyline, it was always the Harbinger trying to ruin personal lives. Complete and utter disregard for the impact his mind games would have on his victims other than wanting to infuriate them with blind rage, yet he has had THE worst track record with his woman leaving him for others and acts like what Serafina has put him through is a complete and utter travesty and makes him a victim, yet at times he hasn't treated her the best as well. On top of that, Serafina is supposed to be his last link to his humanity, the one thing that keeps him sane, yet he talks about ruling over humanity itself with Chaos, so why would he not rid himself of Serafina and let his inhibitions go? That was kind of the inspiration of what I've been writing now, what would happen if there was nothing holding Ty back from being this feral animal and become truly a monster other than a strategic warrior that played mind games. Difference is, I caused a forced perspective for that rather than a slow degradation of their relationship, and Serafina truly becoming his last saving grace, before she too was lost as well.

In last few RPs, I've been trying to play up Veejay's insecurities. As much as he tries and portrays himself as this careless, haughty, too good kind of star, he is insecure. He feels vulnerable when pushed to hard.

There is a wanton amount of neediness that I'm trying to incorporate to the Ramparte character. He's really just an attention seeking ****e that is starting to feel like the X-Pac of Cerberus. He goes around trying to sound all poetic but in reality he's just a nutjob trying to set himself apart from everyone else. He just wants to be loved.

Plz sumone luve him.

I try to convey as often as possible that Mikey is completely incapable of taking care of himself without assistance from other people. I also like to touch on his emotional issues when I can. Dude can be hella depressed at times.

Alhazred is composed entirely of flaws. He's weak, small, poorly trained, lacks all social skills, is a pervert, overly confident, short tempered, easily distracted, only really worries about himself, he's not as smart as he thinks he is and is a bit sadistic. All his flaws and weaknesses form a giant ball of unpredictability that ends up being his biggest strength in the end, you never know what he's gonna do.

I try to convey as often as possible that Mikey is completely incapable of taking care of himself without assistance from other people. I also like to touch on his emotional issues when I can. Dude can be hella depressed at times.

Just like every single member of my family. Me included. Depression sucks.

Have to ask bro even if its baan mentioned

Where'd the inspirati for a boxed up dude robot come from

Have to ask bro even if its baan mentioned

Where'd the inspirati for a boxed up dude robot come from

"Robert One-Oh-Seven" was my favourite character in TimeSplitters and I fancied writing a character that would be genuinely challenging and hold me back as opposed to *wrestler dude... with gimmick* just to see how far I could go.

Chris is extremely lonely. His best friend is a volleyball.

Seriously though, I like to think that Chris hashed out a lot his serious flaws on the island. He came to terms with his father's untimely death and the bizarre scenario with his mother. The last thing he had left to put to rest was his qualm with Ty. I had planned to dive into some of that on a deeper level, but the island flashbacks were becoming too generic, so I shoehorned the entire idea. If he ever does turn heel again, it'll have less to do with his instability as a person.

Open to everyone. What do you think needs to be in an RP? What are the essential ingredients? Do you prefer a certain format? Is there a certain criteria? Things you must include?

Thoughts on both previous questions to come.

Character development is critical - it doesn't have to be much but some movement towards a greater understanding of the character.

I like to know what's going on in the scene as well.

In terms of content, there needs to be character development and your character has to somehow address how/why he/she thinks they will win their match.

In terms of formatting, I prefer the script style. It's so much easier to read since you know who is speaking, compared to the novel style. Having no two people in the RP speaking in the same color in that RP works well, like how only Theron speaks in red in mine. Never RP in all the same color. If I see nothing but lines of text that are all standard font with no formatting, chances are I won't stick around to read the thing unless I'm bored.

On descriptions.... think of it as a cartoon you're drawing for the viewer. What do you want them to see? Describe the scene as such when someone's not talking. Who is the point of view from? Your character? An NPC? Or is the viewer watching as the events unfold?

Get the reader to stop by with nice formatting, then get them to read your material again with good character development and solid descriptions. Hope that helps anyone who's struggling. My votes don't count obviously, but I do read every RP for fun so that's the stuff I look for.

If S.H.I.T. defeats Barbosa at Kingdom Come VII, and his mission to achieve glory is accomplished, what does he do then? Is he like a Terminator, where he shuts down, if he has no purpose? Or, does he reprogram?

I dont think S.H.I.T will ever achieve the glory it craves. Defeating Barbosa is incredibly important to it, but greatness is an ongoing thing, it'll want to achieve something else, continue to risk its KC streak, because the greater the risk the greater the reward. S.H.I.T is a character that constantly evolves in my head, while its legacy drives it, dont expect that to always be its focal point.

Reactions: NSL
You know, my RP's generally nosedive after KC, but this is worse than usual. Lack of time and PC access can be a problem, but fact is, I am truly stuck, lack of ideas. I dont like to tread the same ground twice, but going back to where I've been best before looks appealing. Thoughts, anyone?

You know, my RP's generally nosedive after KC, but this is worse than usual. Lack of time and PC access can be a problem, but fact is, I am truly stuck, lack of ideas. I dont like to tread the same ground twice, but going back to where I've been best before looks appealing. Thoughts, anyone?

I felt like I am out of ideas after this round too. At least, as far as Light VS Dark stuff right now. I have a few things left for Theron's "I am the light" gimmick but I'm fully burnt out on facing dark characters for a bit. Sometimes I end up getting an idea when I see who my next opponent on the next set of boards is, or if creative PM's saying what an upcoming feud may be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back