The Cigar Lounge Society

Not really. I did it once before when I was new. You may not win, but if you hold your own, you earn his respect.

I don't think that's pointless.

I to did battle with Sly when I was new as well. It was in the epic John Cena Thread.

The memories.

But what I was trying to get at was, I read the thread. You both have some great ideas, however, if you look at facts and not just opinion, Sly is right on this one. That's why I haven't posted in it. He took what I was going to say.

Look, heres the thing. This was done for FUN. Nothing more, nothing less. if you dont like it, bash us all you like, and thats fine. Noone here is telling you to change your opinion. And for those who have had nice things to say, its much appreciated, truly.

Look, heres the thing. This was done for FUN. Nothing more, nothing less. if you dont like it, bash us all you like, and thats fine. Noone here is telling you to change your opinion. And for those who have had nice things to say, its much appreciated, truly.

Like I said, you guys have been doing a hell of a job in there.

Good for you.

I to did battle with Sly when I was new as well. It was in the epic John Cena Thread.

The memories.

But what I was trying to get at was, I read the thread. You both have some great ideas, however, if you look at facts and not just opinion, Sly is right on this one. That's why I haven't posted in it. He took what I was going to say.

Did you read my response to his?

Did you read my response to his?

Yes I did and like I said, you have some great points and ideas. But I agree with Sly on this one.

See, I can't post in a thread when the point that I was going to make has already been made. It irks me.

No, I get it. You'd rather listen to the people who have generic niceties for you than the detractors who could really inspire some improvement in the section. That's cool. The sig makers didn't want to hear what I had to say to them a while back either. Though their work did get much better after I stepped in, if I may say so.

Yes I did and like I said, you have some great points and ideas. But I agree with Sly on this one.

See, I can't post in a thread when the point that I was going to make has already been made. It irks me.

Well then I guess the next obvious question is, why do you think that Martin Luther King, Jr Day shouldn't be a holiday?

No, I get it. You'd rather listen to the people who have generic niceties for you than the detractors who could really inspire some improvement in the section. That's cool. The sig makers didn't want to hear what I had to say to them a while back either. Though their work did get much better after I stepped in, if I may say so.

Im open to hearing anyones ideas, opinions, and views. I guess you missed that part. And again, none of us are mods, so the only "change" we can bring about is bringing more traffic in to the section, and sparking more debate, as well as helping with ideas. but if you want to twist what Im saying, have at it dude.

Well then I guess the next obvious question is, why do you think that Martin Luther King, Jr Day shouldn't be a holiday?

i think it should be. i have absolutely no problem with it. and it seems youre going through your initiation, right now...;)

I never said that. Hold on now.

I agree with his points about the Civil War and about Robert E. Lee, however, Martin Luther King Jr. Day should definitely be a holiday. As someone said, he wasn't just fighting for equality for the blacks, but for everyone.

Im open to hearing anyones ideas, opinions, and views. I guess you missed that part. And again, none of us are mods, so the only "change" we can bring about is bringing more traffic in to the section, and sparking more debate, as well as helping with ideas. but if you want to twist what Im saying, have at it dude.
Wrong, sir. You could be a better poster. Quality over quantity and all that.

Erik Erikson, Jean Piaget, Albert Bandura, and George Herbert Mead had contributions. When the quality of the discussions and theories on the topic in the Cigar Lounge more closely resemble the glib musings of a drunkard than some of the truly substantive contributions to our understanding of development, I tend to lose interest. I'm used to better. You may think I'm holding you to an extremely high standard, but you're the ones who wanted to show off. Now let's try not to get indignant and over-emphasize every syllable of the word "contribution" just because I don't think you have anything to show off about.

To be fair, dude, you've rarely ever contributed to the CL regardless of how good the threads were. When Tastycles made that thread about 'Are Soldiers Heroes' it was one of the best threads the CL had in quite a while. But despite the quality in the thread, all you contirbuted was your comicbook version of a hero.

But that's beside the point. You're not my enemy, and I in no way am trying to have a dispute with you. As a matter of fact I respect you alot and find you to be one of the best posters on the forum. i have no doubt in my mind that if anyone would be able to take down Slyfox, it'd be you.

Also, the part of us showing off. In actuality, we really haven't. The sigs - as you can tell - are nothing more than a prop. As for everything else, we've never said anything to even hint at that we're this almighty group that thinks without us, the CL would be shit. We merely stated our purpose and have rolled with it.

To be fair, dude, you've rarely ever contributed to the CL regardless of how good the threads were. When Tastycles made that thread about 'Are Soldiers Heroes' it was one of the best threads the CL had in quite a while. But despite the quality in the thread, all you contirbuted was your comicbook version of a hero.
I'm not seeing the problem.

Great, another one of these stuid ideas.
'stuid' indeed. Generally, it's not a bad section, however the highly repetitive threads gets stale and obvious after a while, leading the overall section to become really rather cloying. I only post when I see a rare point of interest or something so stuid I feel it almost impossible to stay seated on my hands.

Wrong, sir. You could be a better poster. Quality over quantity and all that.

I am, admittedly, a terrible thread starter. Ill be the FIRST to admit that. If I have an idea, unless I really want to run with it, I give it to Hamler or MA to write, because Im a far better contributor as a poster then I am as a thread starter. First one to admit that. If you want to keep bashing me, fell free dude. Im about as thick skinned as one can be.

Meh, it's unimportant. let's leave for a time when we actually do have a dispute. (Which in other words, is [probably] never)
No. I want to hear it. For the first time, I'm interested in something you have to say. Don't squander the moment.

No. I want to hear it. For the first time, I'm interested in something you have to say. Don't squander the moment.

Lucky me...

Well if you insist.

Coco said:
When the quality of the discussions and theories on the topic in the Cigar Lounge more closely resemble the glib musings of a drunkard than some of the truly substantive contributions to our understanding of development, I tend to lose interest. I'm used to better.

Right there you said that you're used to seeing better. That what we have now is shit, basically. But when Tastycles made his thread, it was without a doubt filled with the quality that you speak of. Despite that, all you did was contribute nothing to the topic at hand. Basically, you just 'trolled' the thread.

Looking back at the early days of the FTS (around the time of FTS and Razor), was it not the same? You rarely ventured in to the Cigar Lounge let alon post in it.

And yet, here you are claiming that you're used to seeing better - that you're not interested. I can only assume that by interested you meant interest to post. Yet, you don't regardless of the quality in the thread.

Basically, you speak of how shit something is, when in reality, you really don't give two shits about it to begin with. So that's why I reply with:

Me said:
To be fair, dude, you've rarely ever contributed to the CL regardless of how good the threads were.

Again, unimportant and a waiste of time.

My post in Tastycles' thread is better than any post you've made in your entire feeble posting career.

I'm sorry that making a novel contribution isn't enough anymore. Maybe I should start making threads about dime-a-dozen moral quandaries.

I'm sorry that making a novel contribution isn't enough anymore. Maybe I should start making threads about dime-a-dozen moral quandaries.

By all means, do as you please.

At the end of the day, I only joined the forum to make my opinion be heard. I never asked for anyone's approval, nor do I seek it. But if I get praises (etc) from people along the way, then I'll gladly accept them. And if I get shit upon by random people - it's fine. No real harm done. My self-esteem isn't so weak to be affected by someone who dislikes me or thinks I'm shit.

Coco just uses a higher percentage of his brain than the rest of us "little brains". You really can't blame him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back