Cigar Lounge Newsletter

FromTheSouth

You don't want it with me.
This was an epic week in the Cigar Lounge. I think there was some amazing, sometimes heated, discussion. The usuals all showed up, and some old grizzled vets also made some appearances. There were newsworthy events discussed, theories questioned, assumptions extrapolated, and a fair amount of conflict. Without further adieu, here is what you've been missing, unless, you know, you didn't.

Libertarianism

IC25 joined us to discuss libertarianism. I think most of us are libertarians to some extent, but this was definitely enlightening as to how some people think.

Glen Beck

This thread hasn't gotten as much play as I wanted. That being said, I think it is a fun thread, and the ideas in it can all be debated. Come talk about the red phone and its impact on whatever it is that it is supposed to be impacting.

Balloons!

Will's wonderful wife started the non=spam version of this story. The kid wasn't there, but that doesn't mean you don't have to be. This thread could easily turn into a thread about the thirst for celebrity and attention, or about the responsibility of the people seeking fame. Come talk about what goes up!

Egals

Lizard legend X asks us about equals. You just have to see it. I mean it. You have to. Go now.

Petty Partisanship

Oh my Lord!!! This thread is full of awesome discussion. Come answer one of the roughly seventy three million questions posed by this thread. Also, see me fail to grasp context like never before.

Class System

See where the week started. This thread is amazing. Where do you lie in this debate? Come read it and have your mind changed over and over and over and over......again.

The Vote

Are we too dumb to vote? Poll coming.

Drugs

You think we're losing in the middle east? Come talk about the worst war effort the US has ever been in.

These are some awesome threads with great writing and great concepts.

This weeks featured poster is Couch Potato. He's really getting ready for the CLDL (which could use two more members). Check out some of his awesome work all over the Lounge.

That being said, we are getting close to the CLDL's beginnings. Come check out what the fuss is about.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=240

It's been a fun week, and the Class System thread is my favorite thread on these forums since I joined a little over a couple of months ago. We all brought our A games for that one.

Fuck me, I haven't posted any threads in the Cigar Lounge this week, have I? I still owe you a Batman and Philosophy thread, in fact....make that two. Fuck me and three tests in one week. Sorry buddy.

School comes first. The first rule of these forums is that short of staff, no one should feel obligated to do anything. You should have your real life and then worry about this when you have the time.

Fuck me, I haven't posted any threads in the Cigar Lounge this week, have I? I still owe you a Batman and Philosophy thread, in fact....make that two. Fuck me and three tests in one week. Sorry buddy.

Looking forward to them, when you get the chance. I really enjoyed the last one.

I didn't have time to put up the two threads I wanted to post. So I'll try during the weekend or later tonight.

School comes first. The first rule of these forums is that short of staff, no one should feel obligated to do anything. You should have your real life and then worry about this when you have the time.

Yeah...okay. But still. I threw up a Batman thread just now. It's got Lockean Social Contract written all over it.

Yeah...okay. But still. I threw up a Batman thread just now. It's got Lockean Social Contract written all over it.

I might understand it better than Locke himself. I'm going out in a little bit, but I will jump on it this weekend.

Fuck it, sign me up for the Debate league.

You're in the AFC and your schedule is posted here. This is a link to the entire League subforum, so read the rules and all as well. Thanks for joining up, and I'm sure that someone as smart as you will enjoy this immensely.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=240

I need one more person to join. If anyone feels interested, let me know by PM or here in this thread.

Love the new thread, Razor. It gave me a chance to bust out one of my favorite political (actually, it might be more accurate to call it apolitical) theories.

You know what, I'll join too. I know that I'm not as knowledgeable as some of the other people in the league but with enough research I think I can do well.

And registration is closed. ST, you'll be in the NFC, and if you follow the link in my last post, you'll see your schedule in a few minutes.

Razor nice thread, I'm going to post in it tomorrow

Razor nice thread, I'm going to post in it tomorrow

Love the new thread, Razor. It gave me a chance to bust out one of my favorite political (actually, it might be more accurate to call it apolitical) theories.

:blush:

Thanks guys. Be sure to post in that one, and the one I throw up later. I forget what it's going to be about. I think it's about Batman actually undermining the authority of the Gotham Police Department by being a vigilante. But i don't remember. It's quite an interesting idea.

Thanks for the sign up, FTS.

I used to venture into the CL very often but I have found that lately a whole bunch of posters have been more knowledgeable than me and are doing a much better job of getting their points across than I do. Nevertheless, I am going to get back into the Lounge more often now and brush up on the skills. This should be fun.

are doing a much better job of getting their points across than I do

I have a similar problem. Never been the greatest at getting my point across on paper or electronically in a discussion/debate.

Have a conversation with me in person or if I'm presenting a piece on a certain subject then I come across a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back