The Cigar Lounge Society

Hey LSN, Hamler and Mr. Awesome, I like ALOT the C-Lounge. I thought at first there was a really good place to debate. I even try to make some really serious threads about things outside the US (the attempted coup d'État in Ecuador for example) but I didn't get ANY kind of response. Since then I'm kind of disappointed, people here seems to only like to debate about topics way to general ("what do you think about life/death?") or things that are just related to North America (US and Canada").

But I'm willing to contribuate all that I can.

The only thing wrong about that thread is its existence.

Maybe some day when you become mod you could do something about it. But for now, it should only be seen as a contribution to the forum.

No, I wasn't trolling. You were with no caps... Nevermind.

I spoke my mind. My opinion won't change.

Nothing wrong with that, man. We never asked for your approval in the first place. We planned on doing this regardless of whether people would shit on us for it.

For one, I hate the CL.

Another thing is that they're "taking over" as if SSC doesn't put in any work. It's not as if they're the only ones who post there.

...SSC does his part by repping those guys and ENCOURAGING THEM.

Dude, being a mod is not about "taking over" a section, it's about helping out the forums. Why are you discouraging people from posting? Without posters, there would be no sections to mod!

Remember when you were in the B Team? The goal with those was to post a lot in the WWE section, and no one ever said that we were hurting Ferbian or CM or trying to steal their glory or any of that bullshit.

Also: Stop being a pussy and form your own opinions instead of blindly parroting what everyone else says. It's OK to have a contrary opinion as long as you have good reasons and it's yours.

The posting doesn't bother me, it's the sigs and the whole attitude that bothers me. I feel that SSC deserves credit, but he doesn't get it. :shrug:

Hey LSN, Hamler and Mr. Awesome, I like ALOT the C-Lounge. I thought at first there was a really good place to debate. I even try to make some really serious threads about things outside the US (the attempted coup d'État in Ecuador for example) but I didn't get ANY kind of response. Since then I'm kind of disappointed, people here seems to only like to debate about topics way to general ("what do you think about life/death?") or things that are just related to North America (US and Canada").

But I'm willing to contribuate all that I can.

I took a quick look in your user profile. When you made that thread it was around the beginings of October. The CL then (as I'd imagine) was very, well, dead. But I gurantee if you were to make a new thread in there right now, you'd have a good number of responses.

But as always, we encourage posting in there. Hope to see you in there more often. :)

The posting doesn't bother me, it's the sigs and the whole attitude that bothers me. I feel that SSC deserves credit, but he doesn't get it. :shrug:

Dude...they do carry the load, and SSC encourages them. If it doesn't bother SSC, why the hell is it bothering you? SSC is doing his part by encouraging. They're thanking him by posting more in his sections.

Ofcourse he gets credit. And I end up thanking him pretty often. And he'd be damn welcome to be apart of the club if he decided he wanted in.

The point was encourage Cigar Lounge activity, and for the most part all you've done is shit on it.

Until now I haven't really seen the appeal of the cigar lounge. But I like all three of you guys as posters when I've seen you around elsewhere and I'm cool with you, so courtesy of this I might be enticed to visit from time to time from now on. I took my first visit today.

Until now I haven't really seen the appeal of the cigar lounge. But I like all three of you guys as posters when I've seen you around elsewhere and I'm cool with you, so courtesy of this I might be enticed to visit from time to time from now on. I took my first visit today.

Did everybody miss the part where I was inducted? ;_;

We apreciate that, Alex. By all means, the more you visit, the better. Thanks for your support.

Did everybody miss the part where I was inducted? ;_;

No worries, dude. A new sig be coming pretty soon that'll show proof that you're in it. Also, I plan to include something that represents SSC in there as show of respect for the awesome mod that he is.

A positive one?!

If it brings discussion to the thread, I'd sure as hell say it's a positive won. Dude has his theory and he wanted to share it with everyone else. There's nothing more to it than that. If people disagree, then they could debate him telling him he's wrong; if not, then just add to it.

Like I said: A. Con. Tri. Bu. Tion.

Speaking of activity in the Cigar Lounge, Xemnas made a kick ass thread last night. Go post in it.

I have given out too much rep in 24 hours but I got you Xemnas.

i rep ssc almost DAILY dude. and as i said, i have no problem with you, whatsoever, other then i want to beat u in the SD league. That is all.

If it brings discussion to the thread, I'd sure as hell say it's a positive won. Dude has his theory and he wanted to share it with everyone else. There's nothing more to it than that. If people disagree, then they could debate him telling him he's wrong; if not, then just add to it.

Like I said: A. Con. Tri. Bu. Tion.
Erik Erikson, Jean Piaget, Albert Bandura, and George Herbert Mead had contributions. When the quality of the discussions and theories on the topic in the Cigar Lounge more closely resemble the glib musings of a drunkard than some of the truly substantive contributions to our understanding of development, I tend to lose interest. I'm used to better. You may think I'm holding you to an extremely high standard, but you're the ones who wanted to show off. Now let's try not to get indignant and over-emphasize every syllable of the word "contribution" just because I don't think you have anything to show off about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back