The Cigar Lounge Society

I guess the notion of "tongue in cheek" goes over your head.

No I understood it, but if people do not know you do you think they will immediately think of it that way? A good amount of those people wouldn't.
Even if it is not meant to be taken serious it is an elitist statement, and you said it was the last way you would want to be viewed. I was just pointing that out, not attempting to be malicious.

For being a group based on a forum meant for intellectual debate, you all really don't seem to take criticism or opposing views well.

No I understood it, but if people do not know you do you think they will immediately think of it that way? A good amount of those people wouldn't.
Even if it is not meant to be taken serious it is an elitist statement, and you said it was the last way you would want to be viewed. I was just pointing that out, not attempting to be malicious.

For being a group based on a forum meant for intellectual debate, you all really don't seem to take criticism or opposing views well.

I understand what youre saying, and if I came across as not being open to criticism, thats my fault. Im open to and welcome any and all criticism, feedback, and suggestions of how we could do things better. And youre dead on, the people who don't know we're not being serious would think that way. Thank you for pointing that out.

This here is EXACTLY what we discussed when Mister Awesome came up with the idea for the sig. Thanks for pointing that out, SSC.

That means all you have been saying is bullshit. You do in fact want to be viewed as elitist as a way to draw in more posters into discussion. That also means you do not want it to be taken as tongue in cheek, you want people to read into it at face value or people will not attempt to prove you wrong, as they will not think that you believe yourself to be better than them.

I understand what youre saying, and if I came across as not being open to criticism, thats my fault. Im open to and welcome any and all criticism, feedback, and suggestions of how we could do things better. And youre dead on, the people who don't know we're not being serious would think that way. Thank you for pointing that out.

Considering I actually am an elitist and my ego has now been stroked, if you yourself make a thread in the Cigar Lounge and then tell me about it (although I will keep my eye out for one) I will make an attempt to post in it. I would want it to be a thread actually posted by you though as I do believe you have been selling yourself short. You are more than capable of making CL threads as good, if not better than the other members of your group. From most of the stuff I have seen from you, you are better than just giving them the ideas and not writing it out yourself.

Non-Crock bitchfit in here? Gimmick infringement.

Difference between yours and SNS' is that SNS' is less of a bitchfit and more of some intelligent advice, whereas yours was stupid crap about knowing your role and shutting your mouth.

The Lounge Has Slowed Down! People need to get there monkey asses in there and POST!!!!

It's still on the first page so it may get more posts.

Also I'm not sure people even know what perfidy wins and that may scare some people off before they read it.

Wow, the Cigar Lounge has been down on traffic for the last few days. I'm about to cook something up.

Oh, post in Milenko's Perfidy thread.

Appreciate your contribution, CH. Many thanks.

Milenko, I always planned on posting in your thread; I've just been procrastinating alot. I'ma give your thread a bump soon.

Appreciate your contribution, CH. Many thanks.

Milenko, I always planned on posting in your thread; I've just been procrastinating alot. I'ma give your thread a bump soon.
you were the first to post in my wrestling thread so it's all good. We also had a nice little side conversation.

i wanted to disagree for the sake of debate, but i couldnt. i find no justification for calling it a mental disoder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back