The Cigar Lounge Society

I don't have any problems with torturing a terrorist once you are certain that the guy is a terrorist. What goes around comes around as well.

That being said, I think that a non terrorist would probably break down before the torture goes to inhuman levels. Terrorists are tough SOB's and its the only way to extract information out of them. You still might not be successful though.

This is what I believed. Most terrorists are genrally tough mo'fo's that would budge to agreements or any of the sort. But psychological torture is different, I think. Anyone can take physical pain, but psychological such as using fear as a weapon is different. Also, torturing should be allowed so long as you're certain the said person is a terrorist.

...shit. Guess I do have enough info to make an OP...

LENGUY-Yo, if you read this, I'll get to your CL thread tomorrow. My brains turned off and I'm going to need to sleep on it. :)

People, go here and post some shit. Its a good ass thread.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=149067

You mean like setting them ablaze and lighting a long winding path with them a la Romans/Christians?

Hahahaha. Whether the torture be physical or mental: do you think it's right for the US to be doing that to terrorists just to get the information needed?
It was a pun. In your original query you spelled the word 'torturing' as 'torchering', as in 'a torch'… you know, like a stick; that's on fire. Hence my allusion (illumination?) to the torturing of Christians done up as human torches… (but not The Human Torch mind you).

Yea, never mind.

I don't know if this is meant to be an official discussion, but I'm going to reply anyways :shrug:

I only think that it is wrong for the US to use torture because of how much they build themselves up to be the "greatest nation on earth". Torture is a very primal means of conduct, and isn't something you should resort to if you want to hold yourself to such a high standard.Obviously it isn't a very human way of treating people, but society hasn't ever really been human until the last century or so anyways.

This here. While we as human beings tend to be selfish and quite inhumane, our country has done its best to pride itself(and grandstand about it) on the very opposite, because of the land of "freedom" that we live in. Utilizing tactics, for example, as waterboarding is as inhumane as it gets. The person actually goes through the experience of dying. Where's the humanity in that?

We say we're a nation that doesn't negotiate with terrorists, but we've become the very predatory creatures that we refuse to negotiate with when we engage in acts like this. It's quite ironic that our Department of Justice authorized the use of this act in 2007, especially considering we used to hang the Japanese for emploring such tactics. What's old is new again, and it speaks to the hypocrisy of it all. Heck, Bush came out and said that he didn't consider waterboarding to be a form of torture. What the eff? What IS torture then if the oft-known results of said "extraction" technique of water boarding are extreme pain, permanent lung and brain damage, and dry drowning? Boggles the mind as I consider how "progressive" we've become in our treatment of our fellow man. Maybe this does belong in the CL, but I wanted to weigh in here.

So many threads in the Cigar Lounge--Fuckin' AWESOME!

My brain is being a dick today, so if I post, they will probably suck. But I'll get to em. Its been cool seeing guys like It's Damn Real, Raven's Epitaph and even Doc venture into the section in the last day or so. Thanks guys, keep that shit up...

I have two threads floating around, one inspired by LSN, so it shall be a good'n. Probably have it up in the next day or so depending on if I have school tomorrow or not.

But yeah, keep up the good work CLS.

Bumper Cars.

Damn, guys, the CL has gotten a bunch of new threads in the last couple of days - that's awesome! But as I stated in the Pm's, I'ma be gone for a bit longer. Until, then keep the shit up!

CLS FTW!

Just wanted to say keep up the great work, guys! Been browsing your CL threads lately. It's too bad I don't really consider myself opinionated enough to hang in the CL as often but hopefully I'll break into that habit soon.

Love the new sigs Gentlemen :rasta:

We had to include our great leader somehow.:)

Just wanted to say keep up the great work, guys! Been browsing your CL threads lately. It's too bad I don't really consider myself opinionated enough to hang in the CL as often but hopefully I'll break into that habit soon.

I hope you do break that habbit here soon. With the increase of kick ass threads lately, we need more posts. Any post will make us happy, so feel free to post anytime you feel like it. Thanks for the words of encouragement bro.

I'm trying to post more in all the non-wrestling sections (made my first MMA thread to help acomplish this) so expect a thread or two from me at some point and if not a thread at least a few posts.

I'm trying to post more in all the non-wrestling sections (made my first MMA thread to help acomplish this) so expect a thread or two from me at some point and if not a thread at least a few posts.

Awesome. Can't wait to have a thread started from The Great Milenko. :thumbsup:

I'll try to think of something I feel strongly about that hasn't been done to death.

Maybe this new Author I've gotten into recently.

Saw 2 threads I'm gonna post in.

The WZ book club thread & the thread about hounding famous people when they're with their family.

Such a provocative place the CL has become. Been looking at a lot of the older threads and I got to say there's plenty of good ones. Thinking Sly should bring back his debunking a popular myth thread..those are entertaining. Been trying to come up with a new thread as of late..sadly nothing that hasn't already been discussed. Need something to stimulate my mind and jump start my brain.

Until then I'm enjoying your guys work, love it.

Oh LSN..How you enjoying that book? I find it gets to complicated for me at times but I'm slowly trekking through it. Still looking forward to your response.

I was thinking about making a thread about how complacent society has become. There was once a time when men were experts in a plethora of different fields (I'm talking a few hundred years ago), yet today most people struggle just to obtain an acceptable amount of knowledge in one specific field.

I haven't really thought of much more than that, and I'm not going to be bothering with the forum for the next little while, so if anyone wants to maybe expand on that idea and run with it by all means make it a thread.

Man, these last few days the C Lounge has been so interesting. A couple of good the of good threads withe even better posters! I've been really enjoying the CL lately! Oh thanks CL Society for posting on my thread. LSN, you do know about Coca :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back