The Cigar Lounge Society

New thread up in the Cigar Lounge Gentlemen.

Anyone who feels like discussing the unfair, unjustified, unconstitutional ways of TSA should check it out.

I'd love to see if anyone truely agrees with these Airport strip searches.

I think it's a great thread, and Ill be sure to post in it tomorrow.

I think the regulations and restrictions that have been put on the good citizens of our country spit in the face of our Constitution, which is just another way hypocrisy is spewed within this country.

Id love to debate someone who actually agrees with these strip searches, SSC. I can't imagine how anyone could justify this.

New thread is up.

If anyone wants to rep the CLS, put The CLS Presents: then your title. It would be much appreciated.

What exactly would the point of that be? If the whole point of your "society" is to increase Cigar lounge traffic and improve the quality, how would bringing the attention to yourselves rather than the topic at hand help accomplish any more than just posting the thread?

Gotta say, "Discuss this shit" is a rather vulgar catchphrase.

"Discuss this excretion" would be much more polite, and more accurate to boot.

Just messing with you, fyi

Hey, I like what you guys are doing and everything, I think it's great, but...

Don't prefix your threads with, "The CLS presents..." It makes it look tacky, to be frank. It's beginning to look more like an elitist clubhouse rather than a group of posters trying to increase quality posting.

LSN thought it would be cool. :)

But since Mozz says not to...and he's actually a damn good poster in the CL...we won't.

Hey, I like what you guys are doing and everything, I think it's great, but...

Don't prefix your threads with, "The CLS presents..." It makes it look tacky, to be frank. It's beginning to look more like an elitist clubhouse rather than a group of posters trying to increase quality posting.

I understand what you're saying Mozz, but what we're doing is just for fun, and nothing more. The idea behind the CLS presents is that more then one of us wrote the thread, which we often do. I often collaborate with either Hamler or MA to write threads, so we wanted to find a way to give duel credit. The last thing we want to do is sound elitist, so if you have any suggestions for how to present such threads, feel free to share. I appreciate the feedback.

I understand what you're saying Mozz, but what we're doing is just for fun, and nothing more. The idea behind the CLS presents is that more then one of us wrote the thread, which we often do. I often collaborate with either Hamler or MA to write threads, so we wanted to find a way to give duel credit. The last thing we want to do is sound elitist, so if you have any suggestions for how to present such threads, feel free to share. I appreciate the feedback.

ummm....., read over your sig once more man.

If you're looking to give the other guys credit just give them a shout out at the begining of the thread.

>Don't want to sound elitist
>"Cigar Lounge means we're smarter than you"

I know it's tongue-in-cheek, but jeez...

I know what you guys are about, but that doesn't necessarily mean everyone does. I don't even think it's necessary that you guys give credit to each other. I think the sigs are quite enough. Everyone who's been around here since the CLS started knows that you all collaborate on threads. It'd be approaching redundancy to keep shouting each other out every time a new thread is started.

New thread is up.

If anyone wants to rep the CLS,

Rep the CLS? Ehm, dude... CLS isn't about rep.

put The CLS Presents: then your title. It would be much appreciated.

What? You guys started doing this? Oh, Jesus. Don't do that, guys. CLS is about generating traffic not advertisement. Who the flying f*ck cares who makes the threads or who's ideas they were? As long as the threads get done - that's all that matters.

What exactly would the point of that be? If the whole point of your "society" is to increase Cigar lounge traffic and improve the quality, how would bringing the attention to yourselves rather than the topic at hand help accomplish any more than just posting the thread?

Socrates couldn't have said it better.

Never thought I'd type these words but I agree with SNS.

You have every right to.

Or any non spam thread for that matter.

He's making a good point, dude. As others have stated "CLS presents:" is SO unecessary. Not to mentuion it kinda...well...sounds stupid (no offense :p)

LSN thought it would be cool. :)

But since Mozz says not to...and he's actually a damn good poster in the CL...we won't.

Cool. Hi 5!

LSN, you botched this in so many ways...

Man, the credit doesn't fucking matter. For all I give a shit, it could have been that jericho-dude who made the thread and I'd still be more than pleased. The fact is, we're not about taking credit for the CL - we're about making it better, period. That's it.

I know what you guys are about, but that doesn't necessarily mean everyone does. I don't even think it's necessary that you guys give credit to each other. I think the sigs are quite enough. Everyone who's been around here since the CLS started knows that you all collaborate on threads. It'd be approaching redundancy to keep shouting each other out every time a new thread is started.

Bingo!

Guys, you're heading the wrong direction here. Let's knock off the "CLS presents" and just do our shit and move on with our lives.

And remember....traffic.

Rep the CLS? Ehm, dude... CLS isn't about rep.

What's wrong with representing? We do have matching sigs after all...

What? You guys started doing this? Oh, Jesus. Don't do that, guys. CLS is about generating traffic not advertisement. Who the flying f*ck cares who makes the threads or who's ideas they were? As long as the threads get done - that's all that matters.

They do get done.

He's making a good point, dude. As others have stated "CLS presents:" is SO unecessary. Not to mentuion it kinda...well...sounds stupid (no offense :p)

Pretty much said earlier we wouldn't use it. No need to bring it up again.

Man, the credit doesn't fucking matter. For all I give a shit, it could have been that jericho-dude who made the thread and I'd still be more than pleased. The fact is, we're not about taking credit for the CL - we're about making it better, period. That's it.

That's pretty much what we're doing. We meant nothing by putting CLS presents before the title. You and everyone else pretty much overreacted with this. No harm was done in doing this.

Guys, you're heading the wrong direction here. Let's knock off the "CLS presents" and just do our shit and move on with our lives.

Says the guy who hasn't been here in a while. Lol

We've been announcing threads in the GSD and what not. This may be the first "mistake" we've made. We haven't really headed in the wrong direction at all, more like hitting a bump in the road.

And remember....traffic.

There's been a lot.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back