The Cage

I'm not saying Jane is considered a good poster (nothing against you Jane) but it doesn't mean that we're bound to sit back and post in the wrestling sections to be considered a good poster, I'm damn certain I'd still be seen as a decent poster by some people in here if I only posted in the non spam non wrestling section, but I don't, any else my post-count wouldn't even be past 500 I'm certain.

...If they're a great poster, they're a great poster. It doesn't matter where they show their greatness, where it be wrestling or non.

Not necessarily neither Blue, cause I rarely see D-man walking into the non spam section, and he's still considered a great poster in my eyes to say the least.

Let's think about this for a second.....

So a great poster on a wrestling website consists of never posting about wrestling??????

Got it.

Yes! There are more sections than just wrestling, and he is a great poster in the Cigar Lounge! Razor is considered a great poster nd he's also mostly a CL person.

What is so hard to understand?!

Sorry Doc I don't mean to put your boy down I just don't think one should be considered great for being a one trick pony. Not saying he isn't a smart guy or anything, just give the guy time before you call him great.

Yes! There are more sections than just wrestling, and he is a great poster in the Cigar Lounge! Razor is considered a great poster nd he's also mostly a CL person.

What is so hard to understand?!

With all due respect, Doc, I got to go with Blue Cardinal on this one. I don't say this to knock Jane or any other specific poster mentioned in this debate. But I agree with BC87 in that this is first and foremost a wrestling forum and as such, to be considered a "great poster," you have to participate to a reasonably significant degree in non-spam wrestling discussions.

That's not to say there's anything wrong with non-wrestling subsections or anyone who posts in them. But before I consider anyone a great poster on a wrestling forum, they have to discuss wrestling (with or without other topics). When I look at who I consider the top posters on here, they discuss a lot of wrestling, and some of them go elsewhere also. Jack-Hammer, It's Damn Real, yourself, and many others are great in my opinion because you discuss wrestling well. If you choose to discuss sports, or music, or whatever else, that's great too. But if someone only posts non-wrestling spam on a wrestling forum, I cannot consider them a "great poster."

And for sure, someone who only posts in this new "Cage" thing can hardly be considered great. Because you certainly don't have much of value to say if you post exclusively in there.

Well, everyone has their opinion. I feel that if a poster can make their positions known using readable language, and are good at making points and debating, they can be considered good posters, whether they are discussing whether or not Sheamus should get another title reign, gay rights, Lady Gaga being the next David Bowie, whether the demise of Sega was good or bad for gaming, or whatever.

Different people hold different opinions, and all that. 'Tis what makes the world turn. :thumbsup:

In fact, Doc, not to re-hash a previous debate in a previous thread, but classifying someone as a great poster on a wrestling forum when they never participate in non-spam wrestling discussions is as ridiculous as putting someone in the WWE Hall of Fame during a supposed WCW-themed Hall of Fame theme, when they never participated one day, not one match, ever in the WWE.

Just saying.

SalvIsWin. I think he's a very good poster. Blue Cardinal and now hatehabsforever disagree, because he doesn't post wrestling, and this is a wrestling forum first and foremost. hatehabsforever's last post was a debate we had over whether or not Sting should go in the WWE Hall of Fame if they decide to do the WCW theme next year.

Salv is better than a lot of people on here.

He's consistent in all the posts I've seen. Whether that is accurate or not, I couldn't really care less. I think he is a decent poster and I also agree with Doc. I rarely post wrestling at the moment but I would like to think that people regard me as being a good poster?

It's not that I don't think he's good, I'd just rather someone not be called a great poster when they don't even post wrestling on a wrestling website... like at all. I get it that the WWE section is full of idiots and such but to not talk about it at all is kind of strange to me, and doesn't qualify someone to be a great poster.

I don't think anyone qualified him as great in the first place?

Oh wait!

Doc did. Yeah, he's not great but he is a decent poster by my standards. Take that for what it is worth...

I dont even understand what makes someone a good poster.

Someone competent enough to make well thought out posts, and back them up.

It's not that I don't think he's good, I'd just rather someone not be called a great poster when they don't even post wrestling on a wrestling website... like at all. I get it that the WWE section is full of idiots and such but to not talk about it at all is kind of strange to me, and doesn't qualify someone to be a great poster.

This was me for a few months. I posted wrestling and got sick of it, went into the Stadium and Bar for a while, and people saw me a little bit. But what got me a little more on people's radars was just judging debates, and then making wrestling posts after. (And the nWZo did a big part)

I'm biased, because the first post I saw from him was when he owned Game Rage in my gay rights thread. :p

I'm not taking anything away from the guy, he is a smart guy with well thought out posts but I just don't see the point in calling him good or great when you don't even know if he knows what a DDT is. If this was a political debating website then you can give him that title, but it's not.

Just for clarification, I never said that I didn't consider SalvIsWin to be a good poster. I made no comment specifically about him or his posting ability because to be honest, I'm pretty unfamiliar with him and really couldn't say if he's good or not. In fact the only time I really paid particular attention to him was when he was critical today of this new "Cage" section, and I agreed with him 100% and in fact green repped him for it. Otherwise I really couldn't say if he's good or not. This comes down to what we were saying earlier. Personally I'm not a fan at all of the Cage, but that's just me, so I likely won't venture in there very often. That's not to criticize people who do post there and enjoy this section, I'm just saying it's not for me, and if someone comes on WRESTLEzone and popsts there and there alone, they cannot be viewed as a good poster on this site.

And, Dave, of course most people consider you a good poster, that's not really up for debate. You may not be posting much wrestling "at the moment" but you have proven yourself many times in your ability to do so when you choose to. But, I doubt you would have earned such a reputation if you came on here and did nothing but talk non-wrestling topics and flame and troll other posters, or restrict yourself exclusively to the cage.

And, Dave, of course most people consider you a good poster, that's not really up for debate. You may not be posting much wrestling "at the moment" but you have proven yourself many times in your ability to do so when you choose to. But, I doubt you would have earned such a reputation if you came on here and did nothing but talk non-wrestling topics and flame and troll other posters, or restrict yourself exclusively to the cage.

Is this towards Thunder Dave, or me? Because if it is towards Thunder, wholeheartedly agree that Dave is a great poster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back