The Cage

I'm honestly treating just like I do the Bar Room. Albeit with slightly more colorful language.

Oh, and it allows me to get the dumbass out of my system....

It’s been less than 48 hours since the creation of The Cage and it’s already turning into the place to be. Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t get it. Reading through some of the posts in there it seems like the collective IQ of the forum dropped significantly overnight. It reminds me of a bunch of twelve year olds being left home alone for the first time and looking to get in some trouble for no other reason than they can.

If you enjoy The Cage, that’s fine. To each his own. I just don’t see its appeal. Maybe it’s just popular because it’s new and the novelty will soon wear off. What do you think? Do you like The Cage? Do you think it’s simply the flavor of the month? I don’t want to judge you because you like The Cage and I don’t. If you like it, let me know what’s so good about it.

I agree, and kudos for being smart enough to post this argument in the bar room, and not the actual Cage. I've been attempting to make this same point in the Cage and discussion is limited when the responses are, 'Lol G", or another gem, 'lol sand in vagina'.

The novelty of reading people type Fword and N-Bomb loses it's luster after the second post.

I agree, and kudos for being smart enough to post this argument in the bar room, and not the actual Cage. I've been attempting to make this same point in the Cage and discussion is limited when the responses are, 'lol gaiy', or another gem, 'lol sand in vagina'.

The novelty of reading people type ****** and ****** loses it's luster after the second post.

Just because people are opening up and using more "taboo" words doesn't mean that the collective IQ or intelligence has dropped.

these are words that I'm sure are used by most here in their everyday vocabulary, I don't believe that people are going out of there way to use these words, but are just opening up.

I find it humorous that people judge others based on words that they use, like that's anyway to determine intelligence or how smart someone is. If your offended you don't have to go. This may be a shocking realization to you, but this is very common language, especially amongst friends.

Just because people are opening up and using more "taboo" words doesn't mean that the collective IQ or intelligence has dropped.

these are words that I'm sure are used by most here in their everyday vocabulary, I don't believe that people are going out of there way to use these words, but are just opening up.

I find it humorous that people judge others based on words that they use, like that's anyway to determine intelligence or how smart someone is. If your offended you don't have to go. This may be a shocking realization to you, but this is very common language, especially amongst friends.

Take a good look at the posts with in the Cage, are you really going to argue that people are not going out of their way? I think you need to rethink that statement.

I don't judge others on the words they use, I judge them on the context in which they use them. Just above I used two censored words (my bad about that), but clearly the context wasn't malicious, so there isn't a problem. Examining the context in which people speak is a perfectly acceptable way to determine their intelligence. The context of what people say can show ignorance, and ignorance is the lack of being educated or having knowledge; how is that not a way to determine intelligence in the casual definition?

You're the second person to suggest I am personally offended by the Cage, and I'm not. No one has really said any thing about me, and no one knows enough about me to make slurs even if they were so inclined. What I was suggesting is that just because you have free reign to say what ever you like, doesn't mean that you should. I can spam threads in the Cage with censored words, but I'm not going to because it's fucking stupid and I look like an idiot (among those that matter) for doing so. I was trying to point this out, but the best argument any one has against this is that I must have sand in my vagina; classy.

A convo between BigWill & SlyFox reiterated this point nicely:

I'm not suddenly gonna go around calling people censored or gay, or anything stupid like that. I still have morals.

The only thing I've found enjoyable about the Cage - is the "open freedom" that you CAN say anything you want, and not be banned for it. Again, that isn't a solid reason to start calling people censored, gay, or anything else - but if you wanted to, you could.

So many people don't get that, or at least haven't yet. It's not that you SHOULD go around doing it, or that it's encouraged, it's just that if it comes up, you can do it without getting banned.

Damn Salv way to fuck up.

Yeah I slipped up :p

Take a good look at the posts with in the Cage, are you really going to argue that people are not going out of their way? I think you need to rethink that statement.

I don't judge others on the words they use, I judge them on the context in which they use them. Just above I used two censored words (my bad about that), but clearly the context wasn't malicious, so there isn't a problem. Examining the context in which people speak is a perfectly acceptable way to determine their intelligence. The context of what people say can show ignorance, and ignorance is the lack of being educated or having knowledge; how is that not a way to determine intelligence in the casual definition?

Your simply assuming the context of what people are saying, I have a hard time believing that YOU can judge someone's knowledge over an internet post.

You're the second person to suggest I am personally offended by the Cage, and I'm not. No one has really said any thing about me, and no one knows enough about me to make slurs even if they were so inclined. What I was suggesting is that just because you have free reign to say what ever you like, doesn't mean that you should. I can spam threads in the Cage with censored words, but I'm not going to because it's fucking stupid and I look like an idiot (among those that matter) for doing so.

I suggested if your going to complain about it, not to go in there.

Ride that high horse proudly, if you think your more intelligent for not using certain words in a certain context than so be it, but clearly you're not intelligent enough to follow the rules of the bar room, judging by your last post.

I was trying to point this out, but the best argument any one has against this is that I must have sand in my vagina; classy.

So, is this a yes than?

You're the second person to suggest I am personally offended by the Cage, and I'm not. No one has really said any thing about me, and no one knows enough about me to make slurs even if they were so inclined. What I was suggesting is that just because you have free reign to say what ever you like, doesn't mean that you should. I can spam threads in the Cage with censored words, but I'm not going to because it's fucking stupid and I look like an idiot (among those that matter) for doing so. I was trying to point this out, but the best argument any one has against this is that I must have sand in my vagina; classy.

A convo between BigWill & SlyFox reiterated this point nicely:

Yeah I slipped up :p

Yo're breaking the only rule of the Cage right now. What's the number 1 rule of the Cage? Don't talk about what goes on in the cage outside of the cage.

Not for nothing, and without naming actual individuals.. but..

Aren't multiple people breaking the "new" bar room rules of flaming another member, in the bar room? :lmao: Its been like what, 2 days?

He's an good poster, I just hate whiners.

I was hoping someone would notice that I said ''I could care less''.

Just because he posts non-wrestling doesn't make him a bad poster, Blue Cardinal.

And you said you could care less if he posts graphics. He does, but that doesn't influence my opinion of whether or not he's a good poster.

EDIT: Oh. Wait. I get it.

So the big thing is wrestling...there are other sections for people to post in. A good poster is a good poster no matter what section their specialty is in.

Not for nothing, and without naming actual individuals.. but..

Aren't multiple people breaking the "new" bar room rules of flaming another member, in the bar room? :lmao: Its been like what, 2 days?

Examples? I've seen nothing that has broken the forum flaming rules.

Is Jane considered a good poster? But really I post in sports like all the time because it was basically dead but I'm here because of wrestling, as are most people. But when you crown someone as a great poster that hasn't even posted in the wrestling side of things(to my knowledge) it's a bit annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back