The BattleZone Tournament is Back!

Being ostentatious might work for the common public, but amongst the regulars, where the intelligence quota is above average, they find it obnoxious.

Don't worry Phenom, you could get a job writing for The Daily Mirror.

Being ostentatious might work for the common public, but amongst the regulars, where the intelligence quota is above average, they find it obnoxious.

Don't worry Phenom, you could get a job writing for The Daily Mirror.

I've never muched cared what the 'regulars' thought. And what the hell is the Daily Mirror?

Not caring what people think is not a good way to get them to vote for the character you want to win.

I didn't think people had to like me in order to vote for the character that should win.

Honestly though, I see my errors. I did push too hard for Trunks. I wanted so bad, though, to get to the match up that anime fans like myself dream of.......

Alucard vs. Trunks. What a debate that would've been.

EDIT: Also, it's not just this tournament. After reading over past tournaments, I've seen that DBZ characters always face this kind of backlash. In the future, I think you should use non Saiyan characters. Krillin, Tien, Piccolo, etc. While those characters are very powerful in they're own right, they're nowhere near the galaxy/star system destroying powers of the Saiyans. I think those characters would be better received.

I also think a lot of it was because there were intelligent and well-thought arguments for Dumbledore. Not that you have to agree with them, but if they weren't intelligent, it's likely Trunks would have gotten more votes.

And The Daily Mirror is a left-wing tabloid in Britain, more a joke for the British users here than anything.

I also think a lot of it was because there were intelligent and well-thought arguments for Dumbledore. Not that you have to agree with them, but if they weren't intelligent, it's likely Trunks would have gotten more votes.

And The Daily Mirror is a left-wing tabloid in Britain, more a joke for the British users here than anything.

But they weren't intelligent. Literally only one person provided any proof of what Dumbledore could do, and I proved why the examples he gave wouldn't work. Everybody else was all, "read the books, if such and such can do it Dumbledore can, because I said so". Nightmare was the only one that presented a scenario in which Trunks would lose and I actually acknowledged that scenario and AGREED with it. I really think my 'bad attitude' assessment is another excuse. Yes I told a guy he was wrong and that was because, well, he was wrong. I don't see how that's obnoxious.

Your definition of intelligence is subjective. If you think Nightmare had the only intelligent argument in that thread, then you're just wrong. Spidey and kpgreece just from the first page alone had nuanced and balanced arguments that were supportive of Dumbledore. In particular, Spidey seemed to do a lot of research into the topic and drew his own conclusions. Not saying you have to agree with it, or that it was the most intelligent argument he could have done for the battle, but it was definitely intelligent. Your pretensions to believing that you're right and everyone else's arguments is wrong is unwarranted. And yeah, Becca and KB did it too, but they at least have a reputation for intelligence, and provided such intelligence in the argument. They aren't just being dicks for the sake of being dicks.

I'd just like to state, I'm not calling you unintelligent. But this pretension is grating to a lot of people. I can tolerate it more, probably because I'm guilty of it on this very forum with my anti-Islam rants. If you lack the information and clarity for both sides of the argument, then don't argue as strongly as you are. It's OK to have strong opinions, but make it clear that you are taking everything into consideration for it.

I was mainly referring to the first tournament in which Goku lost to Kirby in the first round. I was aware that Goku won the second one and in the third one the only DB character was Mr. Satan or Hercule as you all called him.

Because DBZ characters and their fans are fucking ridiculous and ruin the shit out of the tournament. Better to rally up to get rid of them and have actual interesting conversations rather than have the annual "who is the best dbz character" tournament.

There, I said it. J Glass and Doc are too nice to. :lmao:

Because DBZ characters and their fans are fucking ridiculous and ruin the shit out of the tournament. Better to rally up to get rid of them and have actual interesting conversations rather than have the annual "who is the best dbz character" tournament.

There, I said it. J Glass and Doc are too nice to. :lmao:

At least somebody had the balls to and I can respect that. It's a lot better than making up fake reasons why they would lose.

Anyways, my plan worked. I figured if I argued for Dumbledore to beat Bayonetta based off of his victory over Trunks then he would lose. I'm sure people will come in and say that had nothing to do with it, but I call it a win.

At least somebody had the balls to and I can respect that. It's a lot better than making up fake reasons why they would lose.

Anyways, my plan worked. I figured if I argued for Dumbledore to beat Bayonetta based off of his victory over Trunks then he would lose. I'm sure people will come in and say that had nothing to do with it, but I call it a win.

You really are the worst poster on the history of the forums. The fact you've defended pedophilia does that.

Fucking love the final this year, and not just because one of my guys made it. It's gonna be one hell of a fight.

Fucking love the final this year, and not just because one of my guys made it. It's gonna be one hell of a fight.

Add in that style wise one may or may not have been inspired by the other, and it'd be a legit crazy ass fight? Yeah it's a baller final.

This is also only the second time we've had two character that were created in Japan in the finals. The first one was in BZT1 Humans Bracket with Samus vs. Link. And even then, that's kind of weak because Nintendo probably transcends Japanese culture more than sushi.

Yea, this final is going to be epic. I f'n love that Dante made it, but that he's fighting Alucard is even better. It should be one hell of a debate.

Can't wait.

It's definitely an interesting fight. These two at their strongest are just short of unstoppable, and you really couldn't ask for a better final matchup...short of Magneto vs Dante

I know fuck all about either of these characters. I just bought the DMC HD Collection, but I'm absolute balls at DMC, and there are some roadblocks very early on in the game that I can't seem to get past. And I don't know who Alucard is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back