• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The 2013 New Movie Hype Thread

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Both 2011 and 2012 have been phenomenal years for the film industry. Just look at how many stellar choices there were for Best Picture at the latest Academy Awards! How many badass superhero movies came out this year? So, let's get excited about next year!

If you can, include trailers, pictures, or anything else that might be out in regards to a movie you're excited about.

MAN OF STEEL
[YOUTUBE]Maxy_DTZ544[/YOUTUBE]
I've never been a huge fan of Superman, but I saw this trailer...was it before the Dark Night Rises? Anyways, it was simply stunning, and it got me really excited for Man of Steel. It is worth noting that Lana Lang is being played by a child actor, so her role will likely be in flashbacks, unless they plan on having part of the film cover Clark's childhood in more detail. Henry Cavill looks perfect for the role. I like Amy Adams (Enchanted, the Muppets), but I've never considered her a formidable enough actress to star such an important role. I said the same thing about Anne Hathaway though, so... I'm excited. You should be too.

OZ: THE GREAT AND POWERFUL
[YOUTUBE]yyywumlnhdw[/YOUTUBE]
Meh. This could be good, as I'm a big fan of the Wizard of Oz universe (I'll admit, I've seen Wicked twice), but I think it will be divided pretty clearly into "those who liked Burton's Alice" and "those who didn't". I also question Mila Kunus being involved at all. I've given her a lot of chances to improve; she's just not a deep actress. She has one voice, one character, and she plays it over and over. And it's not a particularly good one either. The best thing I've ever seen her in was the Justin Timberlake rom-com. Also Book of Eli, but not because of her.

STAR TREK 2: INTO DARKNESS
Not really a whole lot known about this yet, except that JJ is still heavily involved and there's been a shit ton of rumors; few of them yet to be confirmed by any legitimate camp. First movie was fantastic, and got me interesting in Star Trek for the first time. I cannot wait for the second.

MOVIE 43
I'm not really "excited" about this, so much as I just want to see what in the hell all these people came up with. Somebody decided it would be a good idea to take like 10 directors and 40 actors, throw them all together and figure out what happens when you throw that shit against the fan.

There are dozens of others worth mentioning, but I'll let ya'll have a stab at some before posting more. Ender's Game, The Wolverine, Great Gatsby, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back