Tavaris Jackson - Minnesota Vikings savior....or not...

Yeah, the Vikings need another Joe Webb on their roster. I don't want to see them wait until a later round.

What I'm pissed off about is the Vikings getting robbed of a home game this season as soon as they start gaining momentum for maybe a Wild Card bid. Ford Field I was saying being a neutral field for them really wasn't even that it was just a bunch of Lions fans booing them. What a god damn joke.

Us true Viking fans don't deserve this. We have had so many solid teams and yet we never win a thing. Other teams with just stumble into the Super Bowl and win. I can't believe how hard we cheer and they work for nothing. It's astounding.

Yeah, because actual Vikings fans booing T-Jax would've helped him throw the ball to his own players. :disappointed:

Face facts, Minnesota wasn't the first team to be screwed out of a home game in their own stadium. (New Orleans spent an entire season homeless, technically)

Either way, your record was 5-7 going in. Tampa Bay is 8-5. Green Bay is 8-5. New York, going in, was 8-4.

Minnesota had absolutely NO playoff hopes alive, and if you want to believe that, then you'd have to believe Minnesota would WIN OUT and ALL THREE of those teams would lose out; which would be impossible when you come to understand the Giants and Packers face-off in Week 16. (which means at most Minnesota would finish 9-7, winning out, and at worst NY/GB would finish 9-7; with GB instantly holding the tie-breaker, and NY likely holding it.

So, yeah, home game or not - Minnesota had no playoff hopes left by this point.

Us true Viking fans don't deserve this. We have had so many solid teams and yet we never win a thing. Other teams with just stumble into the Super Bowl and win. I can't believe how hard we cheer and they work for nothing. It's astounding.

Yeah, because no other passionate true Football fans deserve their team winning because they also feel their team has played their butts off.

I'm sorry, coming from a Panther's fan - in 2003 we made a huge run, and should've forced OT only to be fucked by a kick out of bounds. Not to mention, a couple years ago we go 8-0 at home in the regular season, only to be blown out by the fluke-entry Arizona Cardinals in the Divisional Round. (who later managed to run all the way to the SB, mind you)

So, yeah - I've been pissed over those two things but I'm of common sense to understand shit happens and sometimes regardless how hard you play, or how much you feel your team deserves anything; it won't always happen.

I can't take anything seriously with the goodwill Saints. They had more bandwagon fans in recent years than any other team. It was astounding.

Alright then... if the Vikings and Giants tied at 9-7 that would require Giants losing to the Vikings mind you... How would the Giants get into the playoffs before them?

So pretty much the Vikings still had a chance to make it. Hoping is what fans do. What is wrong with that? Maybe I should start playing fantasy football, so I can look like an idiot cheering for people on the other team. Since cheering for you own team and showing loyalty isn't what fans are supposed to do anymore. Come on, man. A lot of teams end up slipping into the playoffs the last week of the season when scenarios like this happen.

I was originally really pissed off when I made that first statement. I had a gripe, I've calmed down a bit. The Vikings are officially out now, so I guess I'll watch my Houston Rockets lose a whole bunch of times. I wouldn't want to hope they could make the playoffs. That would be against common sense after all.

Alright then... if the Vikings and Giants tied at 9-7 that would require Giants losing to the Vikings mind you... How would the Giants get into the playoffs before them?

If you're telling me the difference between the Monday night Giants/Vikings game was where it was played; being the difference between Minnesota losing 21-3 and potentially winning by any margin.. then what good would a playoff run have done them? They'd of lost in the Wildcard round based off the fact (according to this assumption) they can't win playing "anywhere but home".

But I'll give you the nod - assuming NY lost to MN, then lost every game (except to GB, so GB wouldn't hold a tiebreaker over MN) and MN won out; then yes, they had a small glimmer of hope left.. to play against someone in the Wildcard - on the road. Which apparently makes up a 21-3 difference, instead of accepting the team just being too injured and playing like crap.

So pretty much the Vikings still had a chance to make it. Hoping is what fans do. What is wrong with that? Maybe I should start playing fantasy football, so I can look like an idiot cheering for people on the other team. Since cheering for you own team and showing loyalty isn't what fans are supposed to do anymore. Come on, man. A lot of teams end up slipping into the playoffs the last week of the season when scenarios like this happen.

I'm about as die-hard as die-hard gets. I've been a Panther fan since day 1. I've cheered through the good days, and the awful days. I sat through one 1-15 season already and it looks like we're headed for another. I'm not disappointed or upset, I knew we weren't going to have a great year; albeit I had hope we'd do better than that of Detroit, Washington, or anyone from the NFC West.

Regardless of any of that - where in the books does it say I can't cheer for overall GOOD Football, even at the expense of my team that no longer has anything to play for; except a #1 overall draft pick?

I enjoy Fantasy Football, believe it or not but it's a fun little game that can relieve stress. (or create it, depending on the situation I'm sure) I've had a blast, once again, through this entire year. (despite my teams' very awful record)

Now, as for Minnesota, hey they're my Wife's team and once I knew Carolina was out of the running for any type of post-season run; Minnesota instantly became the first team I had hope for. But unfortunately, Carolina and Minnesota were running neck and neck for being equally awful at the same time. Neither team started good, and outside of a couple victories by Minnesota, some random trades and releases, including that of a Coach - Minnesota hasn't had much better of a year than Carolina.

So, idiot or not - I'm doing one thing Minnesota isn't. I'm making the Playoffs in every single one of my Fantasy Football Leagues. :p

Well considering the Vikings started the season with a team that should have made that playoffs. It sure ends being disappointing when they fall out of the race three weeks before the end of the season. I'd rather blame the vicinity than the injuries anyways, since most teams play better at home anyways. The Packers can't win without Rodgers anyways (seemingly) and they have had much worse injury problems this season.

Go ahead and enjoy your fantasy leagues, I just can't get into because of my stubbornness for loyalty.

Well considering the Vikings started the season with a team that should have made that playoffs. It sure ends being disappointing when they fall out of the race three weeks before the end of the season. I'd rather blame the vicinity than the injuries anyways, since most teams play better at home anyways. The Packers can't win without Rodgers anyways (seemingly) and they have had much worse injury problems this season.

Go ahead and enjoy your fantasy leagues, I just can't get into because of my stubbornness for loyalty.
You'd rather blame one game they didn't get to play at home in a season which already had them knocked out of contention, instead of the fact the Vikings starting QB played injured all year, without his three top receivers being healthy, and a coach the entire team hated?

Why?

Because the Packers injury woes were overall worse and they are in a better position. I thought I made that point.

Favre is considered the ironman of the NFL. He's almost always been hurt in some capacity. It took him 297 straight games for him to finally sit on the bench. I'm not going to blame it on him.

Because the Packers injury woes were overall worse and they are in a better position. I thought I made that point.
Having your starting QB with broken bones in his foot, and missing his top 3 WR is does not put you in a better injury position.

Favre is considered the ironman of the NFL. He's almost always been hurt in some capacity. It took him 297 straight games for him to finally sit on the bench. I'm not going to blame it on him.
I'm not blaming Favre, you don't blame people for getting hurt. It's not like they can do anything about that. I'm not talking about blaming people for getting hurt, I'm just talking about blaming the injuries for the problems this season.

You really don't think injuries haven't affected the Vikings season as much as one game they couldn't play in the Metrodome?

As bad as Favre played, Sly, I blame there lack of pass rush this year on their fall. AP was going nuts, but there D couldn't get to a QB to save its life.

couple the lack of a pass rush with a lack of healthy targets for Favre (or Jackson), and that's recipe for losing, whether they play in Minnesota, Detroit, or Siberia.

:lmao: They didn't "fall out of the race three weeks before the season", they fell off the track before it ever began when their best two WRs began having health issues.

Also, fine, let us ALL assume that the vicinity was exactly why they didn't win. Explain the other two home games they lost. (The one to GB, also being one in which they only managed 3 total pts.)

You're absolutely right, the Packers can't win without Aaron Rodgers - I think that was proven Sunday. However, Minnesota apparently can't do much better without Brett Favre.. sooooo.... :shrug:

It's like talking to a wall. Please, enlighten me on why playing Fantasy Football is being unloyal to your team?

Because I want a select group of RB's, WR's, a QB, TE, K and a Defense (that may or may not be consisted of players from a team that isn't my favorite) to get me tons of points by doing what they're paid to do?

News flash, genius, a player can earn you 40 pts (McFadden) and still manage to have his team lose overall. Thus, I can cheer for 1 player on an opposing team and yet still want my team as a whole to defeat them.

See, what I get out of this is you saying the Packers have had worse injuries and yet still managed a better record.

What exactly does THAT say about a team that just lost their home for a two week (possibly longer) span?

All I know is that I have Da Bears D. And I'm hoping for lots of 2 point presents from TJack.

I have the Patriots D, and also Aaron Rodgers. I'm torn. If Rodgers doesn't play then I have Fitzpatrick as a back-up (who hasn't managed much lately) but if that's the case - the Pats D should give me the same amount of points Rodgers would have anyways. lol

Fantasy Football does not effect a fans loyalty one bit, I am a Packer fan, and I have 2 Fantasy Football teams, every week my desire to see the Pack pick up a W is what I want, I rarely play any players against them, and try to have at least on Packer on each of my Fantasy teams, Fantasy is just a way to further enjoy the game, and gives me a reason to watch other teams, that I would otherwise not give a flying shit about, it makes things more interesting and fun

and as for Minnesota being robbed of a home game, that's complete horseshit, you're game had to be moved because the the Metrodump's roof caved in and the stadiums was unfit to host a game, perhaps if Minnesotans would be willing to build a new fucking stadium for their supposed beloved Vikes this wouldn't have been an issue, I mean christ you gave the Twins a new stadium, and you gave the shitty Gophers a new stadium, why turn you backs on the Vikes and leave them to play in that dump of a building?, also don't remember hearing Saints fans complaining when their team was robbed of an entire season of home games after Katrina... just sayin'...

I have been to way too many football games and other people's houses who end up cheering for players on both teams. On top of that one of the teams is usually supposedly there favorite. It's disgusting. It's what fantasy football does to most fans.

Oh and about the Saints they had just about everybody in the nation jump on the bandwagon to feel sorry for them. So instead of complaining it was more of just them being a charity case.

I have been to way too many football games and other people's houses who end up cheering for players on both teams. On top of that one of the teams is usually supposedly there favorite. It's disgusting. It's what fantasy football does to most fans.

Enough already. Crap, I've never seen someone whine and moan as much as you have about a simple game & why people enjoy playing it.

Seriously, I'm 100% sure which NFL team is my favorite. I'm also 100% sure if I wasn't a loyal fan to 'said' team, I sure as hell wouldn't still be calling them as such, while headed toward a 1-15 season.

All the same, I'm a fan of Football in general. I'll watch my team whenever they're on & when they aren't on I'll watch any other game I find interesting.

Now it's entirely your option to watch just your team, or multiple games regardless if your team is playing or not. I'm sure you find other things to do when your team isn't playing, much less winning. I, on the other hand, simply enjoy Football as a whole.

And as such, I enjoy playing a game that allows me to open my eyes to the entire league. Who's having a great year. Who isn't. That doesn't f'n mean I'm no longer loyal to my team.

Forbid you ever find a Woman in life that doesn't like the Vikings. Or worse, that likes a rival division team. You'd probably be arrested for murder.

Oh and about the Saints they had just about everybody in the nation jump on the bandwagon to feel sorry for them. So instead of complaining it was more of just them being a charity case.

Uhm, no. Everyone in the nation jumped on the bandwagon of the PEOPLE of New Orleans, not a fucking Football team. Everyone in the Nation felt bad and showed remorse and pity for a town that was leveled and destroyed by a fucking Hurricane.. not for a simple Football team.

It's not exactly like the Saints went out throughout their shit season and begged people to show mercy or pity on them because they were homeless. They played at a College stadium and gave away thousands of free tickets - without so much as one bit of whining and complaining.

I don't know what you're trying to make it sound like, but from my point of view it's almost as if you're trying to get everyone in the world to feel sorry for Minnesota's entire shitty season based entirely off one unfortunately event; that as Justin pointed out would never have happened had the Owners of the team and so-called "loyal fans" been more open to charity and helped put forth funds to build a new dome.

Afterall, it's not like this is the first time that dome has had an issue with its structure.

You sure all over me when I never took any shots at you. These are my opinions and then you take them, twist them around and make me look bad with your ramblings with unrelated points.

I never said you didn't have loyalty, it's just most fantasy football players are like that. Don't stand up for the people that I had endure cheering for two teams at the same time through two different players.

I don't want anybody to feel sorry for me. I just think the outcome of the game of the Giants could have been much different. I like how I still have explain to you that I was pissed off. I'm sure the Vikings would have still lost the game, but we would have had a much better chance at home. The Saints comment wasn't even directed at you... Do you even watch ESPN during all that Katrina stuff? It was all about the Goodwill Saints being a charity case. The Vikings deal was nothing like that, I didn't originally bring them into this you did with your rambling.

You like when I ramble? Just make some points, don't give me this run around nonsense to make yourself sound so much better than me.

We were out of the playoffs, the game didn't mean shit other than messing with the Giants playoff run. The only thing it affected by moving the game to Ford Field was that we didn't get the disruptive crowd noise we normally did on D. But the fact remains our D actually played very well that game, it was our offense that decided not to show up. So the one thing a legit "home" game would have provided us really wouldn't have benefited us since that doesn't help the offense be absolute shit.

It sucks the game wasn't in Minnesota, but honestly I doubt it would have turned Tarvaris Jackson into anything resembling a half decent QB or given Peterson any room to run.

You sure all over me when I never took any shots at you. These are my opinions and then you take them, twist them around and make me look bad with your ramblings with unrelated points.

:icon_rolleyes: Yes, because everyone knows I haven't made a single point and just rambled to make you (someone I don't know) look bad; because everyone knows I needed to do that to become the top shit on a Wrestling forum again.

Thank you, random no name, for putting me over again. You are the David Arquette to my Eric Bischoff & this is gonna be Chapter 5 in my newest book; Internet Drama creates Friends.

I never said you didn't have loyalty, it's just most fantasy football players are like that. Don't stand up for the people that I had endure cheering for two teams at the same time through two different players.

But, you did. You repeatedly put down anyone who played Fantasy Football for being less loyal in general than you. You went on rants about how anyone who plays such games and roots for players on alternative teams weren't loyal. That's including me, since I mentioned loving the game.

Furthermore, you can go on all you want about not meaning me, but you didn't even bother bringing up Fantasy Football until someone who talks about it a lot on this forum came into the conversation.

I don't want anybody to feel sorry for me. I just think the outcome of the game of the Giants could have been much different. I like how I still have explain to you that I was pissed off. I'm sure the Vikings would have still lost the game, but we would have had a much better chance at home.

Everyone could tend to agree that home games are better than road games. Mainly because you have the fans on your side (most times) and you don't have to travel. However Detroit was a site that Minnesota travels too twice a year, and technically the Vikings have won every time they've traveled to Detroit since 2007. So it isn't like they aren't used to playing there.

Regardless of the site, the fact is it's an NFL franchise and if you have to put up a defense on why they lost because it was a home game turned away game, then your team really shouldn't of been worthy of a playoff spot anyways. (Why, you ask?) Because the Superbowl is played in a Neutral spot, and if Minnesota's entire chances of winning rested on being solely at home - even assuming they magically got a playoff 1st seed (which wasn't happening to begin with) they'd be fucked in the Superbowl anways.

So, yeah.. you wanna boil it down? STOP SAYING MINNESOTA'S SEASON FAILED BECAUSE OF ONE GAME, DUE TO LOCATION!

The Saints comment wasn't even directed at you... Do you even watch ESPN during all that Katrina stuff? It was all about the Goodwill Saints being a charity case. The Vikings deal was nothing like that, I didn't originally bring them into this you did with your rambling.

It was a major catastrophe, involving a sports franchise. Why wouldn't ESPN cover it? Their dome was destroyed not just by a Hurricane that rocked the entire city and multiple ones around them; but it was also destroyed by the people taking refuge inside. Besides, it isn't like ESPN hasn't been covering the Metrodome/snow story since it's happened anyways.

I'm so sorry hundreds of lives being lost to a major event that'll forever be remembered to the world doesn't live up to the hype you want people to surround to a sports stadium's roof caving in, due to the Owners not repairing and preparing its building for winter. (or in general)

When Minnesota faces all of next year homeless, then come talk to me about equality.

You like when I ramble? Just make some points, don't give me this run around nonsense to make yourself sound so much better than me.

Skim through my posts for all I care if you don't think you can handle reading them entirely. Rambling or not, everything I say has valid points throughout. All you're doing at this point is trying to act like a big boy and thinking you can get away with the same naive stupidity that others attempt on this forum by playing the "Will types a lot" card.

Here, I'll make it really easy for you.. Your team sucked this year, it wasn't because of a snow storm, it was due to shitty overall playing. The end.

Wow, you were right. I guess I could've just saved myself all the trouble and just said that to begin with. :)

We were out of the playoffs, the game didn't mean shit other than messing with the Giants playoff run. The only thing it affected by moving the game to Ford Field was that we didn't get the disruptive crowd noise we normally did on D. But the fact remains our D actually played very well that game, it was our offense that decided not to show up. So the one thing a legit "home" game would have provided us really wouldn't have benefited us since that doesn't help the offense be absolute shit.

It sucks the game wasn't in Minnesota, but honestly I doubt it would have turned Tarvaris Jackson into anything resembling a half decent QB or given Peterson any room to run.

Ty is about the most loyal Minnesota fan I know.. read this and quit whining.

I'm also the most optimistic and pessimistic all wrapped into one delusionally depressed fan.

I can relate. Afterall, you at least have 5 wins this season. I have NFL Sunday Ticket for a team that's 1-12. (let that sink in for a moment)

EDIT: A visual aid, if you will.

money-toilet.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back