• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brett Favre and Minnesota Vikings talking.....

Your opinion of Favre is slighted, because you're a Packers fan. Doesn't sound like much, but you were cheering him for a long time, so of course you're going to think he still has it.
Luckily, his skill backs me up.

But, I'm sure injuries and a completely new offensive system, not to mention a poor coach, had nothing to do with it. No, surely not.

Do me a favor. Go look up Brett Favre from 2007, when he was in a system he was comfortable with, and had good talent around him. You know, like he would have had with the Minnesota Vikings.

As far as a top 10 QB in the league right now...I'll list 10 that are better.

Ben Roethlisberger
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Carson Palmer
Joe Flacco
Matt Ryan
Kerry Collins
Matt Cassel

Philip Rivers
Eli Manning
Tony Romo
Drew Brees
Jay Cutler
Kurt Warner
Matt Hasselbeck
The ones in bold are just laughable as better than Favre. And several of the others I would much rather have Favre. Of that list, Rivers, Palmer, Brady, and P. Manning I would say are definitely more desirable, with Roethlisberger, Romo and Brees as either way.

If you knew NOTHING about a team, except they were wanting a QB to win a Super Bowl...would you really trust Romo, Brees, Kerry Collins, etc. more than Brett Favre? I'd hope not.

I know that's more than 10, but those are QBs that I'd want before Favre. They all had a better season than him last year
How about from 2007, you know, when he was in a comfortable system and had some talent around him?

Also, except for his shitty record, Tyler Thigpen had a better season than Favre in my books. He threw better, didn't make as many mistakes, and was better on his feet.
You're going to tell me that you'd rather have Tyler fucking Thigpen than Brett Favre? You're nuts.
But if that yahoo story is false and he does join Minnesota, the Vikes woulnt have anything to lose. He is better than Jackson and Sage. Having that defense and running game will take pressure off of him. Which will limit his turnovers, and mistakes as a whole. I say go for it.
Exactly.
He's lucky if he's still a top 20-25 QB.
Bull fucking shit. I love how people gauge Brett Favre's ENTIRE quality based upon the last 6 weeks of a season that he finished with a torn bicep muscle. Seriously, how blind can the hate be? He played with a torn bicep muscle the last 6 (or whatever it was) weeks, and you'll use those 6 weeks instead of the first half of the season, or the entire 2007 season as your guide.

Unbelievable.

Well, if that doesn't do it maybe choking away his team's chances in the postseason the past 5 trips? What, 6 INTs in 2001-2 vs St. Louis, 2002-3 choking at home putting only 7 points on the board, I have to thank him for 2003-4 because that choke was extra special to me. I've never seen a better deep ball right to a Saftey, ever. 2004-5 he throws 4 picks and seals it off by running past the line of scrimmage and flicks the ball underhand. Clutch. Perhaps his ventures in 2007-8 and that great pass to the only guy who was heavily covered.

Maybe that is why he's not a top 20-25 QB anymore, that's even before getting into the reasons from his Jets days.

Nothing wrong with being a top 15-20 QB for your career, though. Just stop being so melodramatic over it.

QBs I'd easily trust my team's chances with over Favre are Brady, Manning, McNabb, Roethlisberger, Cutler, Rivers, Hasselbeck, Brees, Palmer, Warner, Eli, and even Romo who doesn't choke any worse than Favre does.

I have a hard time not laughing at your absurd assessment that he's a top 10 QB still, it's just so wrong.

Al right, I am gonna make a thread somewhere so you can give me 15-20 quarterbacks who are better than Favre. With reasons.

Anyway, you're still missing the point, he is an upgrade over Sage and T Jackson. Using the interception thing is a little deceiving. Favres defense always put him in bad situations where he would always have to throw the ball. Yes, he should make better decisions, but still it was his style of play for 15+ years. I believe his accomplishments warrant him the ability to avoid retirement for another season. They aren't going to win with Jackson or Sage, so if this works out they would be geniuses. If not, o well, get em next year. I hate Favre, but I don't care if he is a drama queen or not. He is one of the most accomplished QB's in NFL history. Hopefully this doesn't convince Madden to come out of retirement though.

He throws INTs at a ridiculous rate. Plenty of other QBs are forced to throw the ball the majority of the game and don't get picked off on his ridiculous spree. He was 10th in pass attempts per game last year and still threw 22 INTs. He got away with it 13 years ago because he was actually a special player 13 years ago. Countless games has he thrown away for no reason without being in a dire state. He's a joke now.

You can only show me 1, MAYBE 2 good seasons since 2004. And both seasons he choked in the playoffs.

I'm not sure how great an upgrade it is over Jackson and Sage. I will give him the fact he's better, but he isn't winning a Super Bowl this year and you're wasting a year to let someone else develop, someone that will actually be there for more than one year. If they want to upgrade at QB they should have went after Cutler.

He throws INTs at a ridiculous rate. Plenty of other QBs are forced to throw the ball the majority of the game and don't get picked off on his ridiculous spree.
Well, Favre never had that great line, he never had Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark, Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, and other big name receivers to throw the ball too.
He was 10th in pass attempts per game last year and still threw 22 INTs. He got away with it 13 years ago because he was actually a special player 13 years ago. Countless games has he thrown away for no reason without being in a dire state. He's a joke now.
he's still a special player now. He;s so enthused, he can still throw, albeit sometimes a little too much. The only thing he had on offense last year was a decent run game, not a perennial offensive line, or receiver core... Minnesota at least has a great O-line, and a very good defense.
You can only show me 1, MAYBE 2 good seasons since 2004. And both seasons he choked in the playoffs.
And more than likely, those teams only got there because of him. What was so special about those teams? Nothing, they had Bret Favre.
I'm not sure how great an upgrade it is over Jackson and Sage. I will give him the fact he's better, but he isn't winning a Super Bowl this year and you're wasting a year to let someone else develop, someone that will actually be there for more than one year. If they want to upgrade at QB they should have went after Cutler.
He's a huge upgrade, he can actually complete a pass.

I can't stand Favre, and this is coming from one of the biggest Favre bashers on this board, but you're way to blind to see what he actually does. He is no worse than McNabb at holding on to the ball. It might not be the mid 90's Favre, but the late 2000 Favre is probably still better than 15 or so QB's in the NFL.

Well, Favre never had that great line, he never had Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark, Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, and other big name receivers to throw the ball too.

Since 2000? He's had a very good RB in Ahman Green, they put together a good Oline around him, drafted a TE in round 1, drafted a very talented WR in Javon Walker in round 1, and put a good defense around him. That's not short changing Favre at all.

he's still a special player now. He;s so enthused, he can still throw, albeit sometimes a little too much. The only thing he had on offense last year was a decent run game, not a perennial offensive line, or receiver core... Minnesota at least has a great O-line, and a very good defense.

Enthusiasm? Maybe at the beginning. His teams generally have a dissapointed look on their faces after he throws horrible INTs to end football games.

And more than likely, those teams only got there because of him. What was so special about those teams? Nothing, they had Bret Favre.
2004? 1,000 yard back, good 2nd RB production, and had a solid defense? What ousted them? Brett Favre's 4 Ints.

2007? Good season, had a good Oline once again, a lot of skill postition players drafted around him in previous drafts, the 11th ranked defense in terms of yards and 6th in terms of points allowed.

He's a huge upgrade, he can actually complete a pass.
I'll concede that.

I can't stand Favre, and this is coming from one of the biggest Favre bashers on this board, but you're way to blind to see what he actually does. He is no worse than McNabb at holding on to the ball. It might not be the mid 90's Favre, but the late 2000 Favre is probably still better than 15 or so QB's in the NFL.

Here's where you display your lack of knowledge. McNabb has one of the lowest INT/ATT ratios, of ALL TIME. Favre just threw 2x as many INTs as McNabb did last year? Do you watch football outside of the Steelers? Do you even watch those games?

As a Vikings fan myself I think this would be a good move on their part. The Vikings only need 2 things too happen if they want to win the Superbowl anytime soon.

1) They need a good, SOLID QB:
Lets face it Jackson hasnt proven himself to be a good starting QB for the Vikings in the years he's played with them.

Sage Rosenfelds, nuff said.

Fire Brad Childress:
If the Vikes had Shannahan, Holmgrem or even Reid they would be winning the Superbowl every year in the row. They have potentiallythe best running back to ever play in the NFL and Childress doesn't know how to use him properly. In addition, adding a player like Favre to the team makes it harder for opposing teams defences to determine whether they'll pass or run, because wuth the bad QB's the Vikes have now, the other teams dfences know the ball is going right to Adrian Peterson.

Your opinion of Favre is slighted, because you're a Packers fan. Doesn't sound like much, but you were cheering him for a long time, so of course you're going to think he still has it.

As far as a top 10 QB in the league right now...I'll list 10 that are better.

Ben Roethlisberger
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Carson Palmer
Joe Flacco
Matt Ryan
Kerry Collins
Matt Cassel
Philip Rivers
Eli Manning
Tony Romo
Drew Brees
Jay Cutler
Kurt Warner
Matt Hasselbeck

Matt Hasselbeck? What the fuck are you smoking. Seattle was one of the worst teams in the NFL this year and it's mostly because of Matty boy. He was bad when he was healthy and he was bad after he came back from injury. And Tony Romo and Carson Palmer? I would put Chad Pennington and Jake Delhomme on that list before those 2.

Since 2000? He's had a very good RB in Ahman Green,
you mean that fumble prone runningback who had space opened up because of Favres throwing ability?
they put together a good Oline around him,
meh, decent at best. They could have been ood, but the pressure was always there.
drafted a TE in round 1, drafted a very talented WR in Javon Walker in round 1, and put a good defense around him. That's not short changing Favre at all.
O well, you mean the same Walker you had his best years in GB. The same Walker who was plagued by injuries and the same Walker who had his best year with Favre at QB?

Enthusiasm? Maybe at the beginning. His teams generally have a dissapointed look on their faces after he throws horrible INTs to end football games.
to be considered a loser, you have to win first. At least Favre gets them in that position for a fuck up. As a QB he can only do so much. He steps up. No one usually follows him.

2004? 1,000 yard back, good 2nd RB production, and had a solid defense? What ousted them? Brett Favre's 4 Ints.
like I previously said. The only reason why they can run is because of Favres passing ability... Besides, a 1000 yards isnt shit. Through sixteen games you need to average like 60 yds a game. Not hard
2007? Good season, had a good Oline once again, a lot of skill postition players drafted around him in previous drafts, the 11th ranked defense in terms of yards and 6th in terms of points allowed.
Because Favres offense was staying on the field.. Conceiving stats. That year when the Pats went 17-0, were they actually a top five defense? Ab so fucking lutely not. Brady was always scoring putting the opponents in bad situations...

Here's where you display your lack of knowledge. McNabb has one of the lowest INT/ATT ratios, of ALL TIME. Favre just threw 2x as many INTs as McNabb did last year? Do you watch football outside of the Steelers? Do you even watch those games?
Yet, his costly interceptions, just complete fuck ups in big games. He doesnt know when to throw the ball away, and will usually do something completely fucking stupid hwen the game was on the line. You can also thank T.O for McNabbs only S.B appearance.

Face it, if Favre can still play, not a soul can stop him from doing it.

You have one of the lowest overall football knowledge levels for someone who talks about it a lot.

I'm not going through everything with you.

Favre is a shell of what he was 13 years ago and is average at best now. McNabb led the Eagles through the postseason in 2004 without TO. When was the last time McNabb threw a season costing INT? 2005? Pretty sure he led the Eagles all the way back against Arizona last time he stepped onto a football field only to have it squandered by a failed stop on 4th and 1.

Favre hasn't done jack in years now other than cost his team in the playoffs. Such an attention ****e. If you want to play, play. Don't hold press conferences crying and contradict yourself 2-3 months later.

You have one of the lowest overall football knowledge levels for someone who talks about it a lot.
Lulz
Favre is a shell of what he was 13 years ago and is average at best now.
you mean top 15 QB in the NFL? Could be average, but it is a lot better than 50% of the quarterbacks in the NFL.
McNabb led the Eagles through the postseason in 2004 without TO.
And the only reason why that SB was competitive was because T.O carried them.
When was the last time McNabb threw a season costing INT? 2005? Pretty sure he led the Eagles all the way back against Arizona last time he stepped onto a football field only to have it squandered by a failed stop on 4th and 1.
Maybe not costly, but he sure as hell didnt do anything. I can name several playoff games from Donovan McNabb where he was average at best. Besides, he's usually had a better offensive line and defense over Favre.

Favre hasn't done jack in years now other than cost his team in the playoffs. Such an attention ****e. If you want to play, play. Don't hold press conferences crying and contradict yourself 2-3 months later.
It's a passion, he doesnt want to go through all the off season workouts. The man is getting old, but i guess it was ok for Michael Strahan to contemplate retirement for like three straight years.

I can also name several playoff games since 1996 where Favre has played extremely well. Divisional game in 2008. Wildcard game in 2004.

Favre had three games in his career in the playoffs where he threw more than 3 interceptions, and people shit all over him. He's also had several games where he threw zero interceptions, but you want to ignore that because of three lousy games. :rolleyes:... I'm not the one with the low football I.Q. I believe Favre has a 12-10 playoff record, which is above 500. He's thrown eleven more touchdowns than interceptions.

I don't really understand, you base the guys whole entire career off of three playoff games.

Lemme go back on McNabb for a second. What about the conference game in 2004 where he had a hard time throwing over 100 yards and completing fifty percent of his passes? You avoid all of those stats, and it is laughable....

Lulz

you mean top 15 QB in the NFL? Could be average, but it is a lot better than 50% of the quarterbacks in the NFL.

Including back ups? Yeah. Starters? No.

And the only reason why that SB was competitive was because T.O carried them.

:rolleyes: 122 yards and no TDs, redifined the NFL as we know it.

not costly, but he sure as hell didnt do anything. I can name several playoff games from Donovan McNabb where he was average at best. Besides, he's usually had a better offensive line and defense over Favre.

Average? Fine, you're playing the best teams, but you can name more solid McNabb performances in the playoffs since McNabb started than Favre.

passion, he doesnt want to go through all the off season workouts. The man is getting old, but i guess it was ok for Michael Strahan to contemplate retirement for like three straight years.

:dissapointed:

Strahan never actually retired and cried about out only to come back.

I can also name several playoff games since 1996 where Favre has played extremely well. Divisional game in 2008. Wildcard game in 2004.

Two games?!?! In 13 seasons? :lmao:

Favre had three games in his career in the playoffs where he threw more than 3 interceptions, and people shit all over him. He's also had several games where he threw zero interceptions, but you want to ignore that because of three lousy games. :rolleyes:... I'm not the one with the low football I.Q. I believe Favre has a 12-10 playoff record, which is above 500. He's thrown eleven more touchdowns than interceptions.

He's 3-5 since '99. 22 career playoff games, 28 INTs. I'll never question his very good seasons he had when the Packers went to the Super Bowl, but since those trips he's been no threat to win another Super Bowl.

8 games, 8, multiple INT playoff games. Wow.

I don't really understand, you base the guys whole entire career off of three playoff games.

He has plenty of playoff games he's ended the game with an INT. He didn't throw multiple picks in 2003/4 vs the Eagles, yet in OT he lobbed a perfect pass right to Dawkins. He didn't throw multiple picks against the Giants in the conference championship game, yet we know how that ended.

His entire career isn't defined, but playoffs sure do have a part in your career.

Lemme go back on McNabb for a second. What about the conference game in 2004 where he had a hard time throwing over 100 yards and completing fifty percent of his passes? You avoid all of those stats, and it is laughable....

Against the Panthers? You mean the game Todd Pinkston and out WRs were getting raped? Yes, you're right, I'll never forget McNabb for that.

Including back ups? Yeah. Starters? No.
If you can name 15-20 Quarterbacks who are better than Favre with a legit reason i will let them ban me.

:rolleyes: 122 yards and no TDs, redifined the NFL as we know it.
9 catches, and big play after big play. Yeah, he didnt do anything :rolleyes:

Average? Fine, you're playing the best teams, but you can name more solid McNabb performances in the playoffs since McNabb started than Favre.

guarantee you, you can't
Two games?!?! In 13 seasons? :lmao:
holy fucking shit, are you that fucking stupid, I can name more if you'd like?

He's 3-5 since '99. 22 career playoff games, 28 INTs. I'll never question his very good seasons he had when the Packers went to the Super Bowl, but since those trips he's been no threat to win another Super Bowl.
they were just a threat two years ago before losing to the Giants. But the shitty ass Lambeau field didnt have anything to do with it. :rolleyes:
8 games, 8, multiple INT playoff games. Wow.
McNabb's had several multiple INterception games.

He has plenty of playoff games he's ended the game with an INT. He didn't throw multiple picks in 2003/4 vs the Eagles, yet in OT he lobbed a perfect pass right to Dawkins. He didn't throw multiple picks against the Giants in the conference championship game, yet we know how that ended.
At least he put them in a fucking position to win. Unlike some Quarterbacks. He at least got there once or twice. He's been in several positions to go back. He's carried Green Bay on his back for years. Unlike some teams, he's never had the star receiver like some quarterback. You can blame those losses on him all you want, but the fact is, to be considered that "loser" you have to win, and he did that.

Where's McNabb superbowl ring? On Tom Brady's finger....
His entire career isn't defined, but playoffs sure do have a part in your career.
absolutely, but that one superbowl is more than Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, just as many as Peyton Manning.

Is Peyton Manning a choke, he had just as many shitty games as Favre in the playoffs?
Against the Panthers? You mean the game Todd Pinkston and out WRs were getting raped? Yes, you're right, I'll never forget McNabb for that.

lol, 10-22 for 100 yds :rofl: Tell Donovan to watch out for Kevin Kolb, he is ready to come in....

If you can name 15-20 Quarterbacks who are better than Favre with a legit reason i will let them ban me.

Tom Brady- This isn't even close
Peyton Manning- See above
Donovan McNabb- Much younger than Favre, has lead his team over Favre many times head to head, actual part of the team.
Kurt Warner- Bad Oline, no running game, just took his team to the Super Bowl, older than Brett, still better.
Drew Brees- Just threw for 5,000 yards and 34 TDs, much better.
Ben Roethlisberger- You'll accept nothing here.
Jay Cutler- 25 years old, had a better season the Brett, Jay's improving, Brett's declining.
Phillip Pivers- Highest rated passer last year, means something.
Tony Romo- I hate Romo, he's a choke artist, too, but he's a better version of current Brett.
Matt Hasselbeck- When healthy he's a very good QB, and not just a game manager.
Carson Palmer- He's a top 5 QB when he's healthy, we've seen what he's capable off, much better than Brett.
Eli Manning- Just a year removed from the Super Bowl, progressing every year.
Matt Cassel- This is debatable, but not really. Cassel just took over for the NFL's best QB and the Patriots still went 11-5. Much more mobile than Brett, had a far better season than Brett.
Matt Ryan- He's improving, better '08, much more to offer a team right now than Brett.
Joe Flacco- See above.
Chad Pennington- Jets dumped him and paid for it. Chad when healthy is very valuable.
Aaron Rodgers- Haha, Brett is upset that the Packers dumped him for a better player. Rodgers threw for 4,000 yards, 28 tds and 13ints last year.
Matt Schaub- Had a very good season last year, fought through injuries. Actually has a future.
Jeff Garcia- Better dinosaur than Brett. They are both old and wrinkled, but Jeff has been more consistent overall than Brett.

Goodbye.

9 catches, and big play after big play. Yeah, he didnt do anything :rolleyes:

Did I say he didn't do anything? Learn to read. We steamrolled through the playoffs without him.

guarantee you, you can't

Really? How about you take all three playoff games from 2008, that leaves them tied, then for the kill take the 2004 NFCCG for the win. I don't even have to look deeper.

holy fucking shit, are you that fucking stupid, I can name more if you'd like?

:laugh: Go ahead and try.

He had one other good playoff game, 2007 vs Seattle. 3.. 3 since 2000. Congrats Brett.

they were just a threat two years ago before losing to the Giants. But the shitty ass Lambeau field didnt have anything to do with it. :rolleyes:

That made Eli throw away the Giants season, didn't it? That made Favre throw to the only WR being covered. Gotta give Brett the fact he threw a great pass to Dockery, though.

McNabb's had several multiple INterception games.
3, 4?

At least he put them in a fucking position to win. Unlike some Quarterbacks. He at least got there once or twice. He's been in several positions to go back. He's carried Green Bay on his back for years. Unlike some teams, he's never had the star receiver like some quarterback. You can blame those losses on him all you want, but the fact is, to be considered that "loser" you have to win, and he did that.

So being a choker is a good thing? You cant choke unless you're about to win. Great logic. you must really follow sports.

Never had a star WR? Javon Walker was well on his way to stardom before multiple knee injuries. He also came up with a great TE, and they drafted skill position players all around him.

His teammates must have also loved him laying down for sacks. Good job Brett, congrats on giving Strahan a sack. Shows you are really out there to win.

Where's McNabb superbowl ring? On Tom Brady's finger....
What's that have to do with anything?

absolutely, but that one superbowl is more than Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, just as many as Peyton Manning.

Is Peyton Manning a choke, he had just as many shitty games as Favre in the playoffs?

Yup, I'll give Favre credit for what he did 13 years ago. Congrat-u-la-tions. What's that doing for his teammates now?

Until he won? Yes, Peyton was a choke.

lol, 10-22 for 100 yds :rofl: Tell Donovan to watch out for Kevin Kolb, he is ready to come in....

Great post. Take a game from 6 years ago, with nothing else around it. You do realize that the Eagles were in that game because Favre's choke job and McNabb's clutch 4th & 26 performance, right?

Hopefully not in that order..

Nope. I listed AFC, then NFC.

The ones in bold are just laughable as better than Favre. And several of the others I would much rather have Favre. Of that list, Rivers, Palmer, Brady, and P. Manning I would say are definitely more desirable, with Roethlisberger, Romo and Brees as either way.

I didn't say they had better careers, just better seasons. Some, like Flacco, even led their team to the playoffs, which if I';m not mistaken, was the whole reason the Jets signed him.

If you knew NOTHING about a team, except they were wanting a QB to win a Super Bowl...would you really trust Romo, Brees, Kerry Collins, etc. more than Brett Favre? I'd hope not.

As a Giants fan, I could never accept Romo on my team. His postseason troubles are enough to say no. But, he had a better season than him.

I would take Brees in a heartbeat over Favre.

As far as Collins, I'm torn. He won't throw as many picks, and can throw a more accurate deep ball. He also doesn't make as many bad decisions on the field.

You're going to tell me that you'd rather have Tyler fucking Thigpen than Brett Favre? You're nuts.

Thigpen's season was a lot more promising than Favre's.

Matt Hasselbeck? What the fuck are you smoking. Seattle was one of the worst teams in the NFL this year and it's mostly because of Matty boy. He was bad when he was healthy and he was bad after he came back from injury. And Tony Romo and Carson Palmer? I would put Chad Pennington and Jake Delhomme on that list before those 2.

Seattle was the worst team because of Hasselbeck? Yea, OK. He has consistently produced for a team with no one to catch the ball. How many trips to Hawaii has he made? Delhomme is a fucking joke, and even Will would agree. Pennington isn't a bad QB, but doesn't stay healthy.

I'm not reading this thread, too long, but I'm sure there have been a few ridiculous statements about Favre not having anything left. It's simple really, Favre is better and can give a hell of alot more both through play and leadership than either of Sage Rosencopter or T Jack. So it works for Minnesota. They're a solid QB away from being a Super Bowl caliber team, and Favre is still solid enough when healthy. Good fit, and they should finalize this before camps.

Donovan McNabb- Much younger than Favre, has lead his team over Favre many times head to head, actual part of the team.
he's never won a superbowl though
Kurt Warner- Bad Oline, no running game, just took his team to the Super Bowl, older than Brett, still better.
He had Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin to throw the ball to.
Drew Brees- Just threw for 5,000 yards and 34 TDs, much better.
He's never won a damn thing either
Tony Romo- I hate Romo, he's a choke artist, too, but he's a better version of current Brett.
Brett has won a few playoff games. Romo hasn't. Give me Favre.
Carson Palmer- He's a top 5 QB when he's healthy, we've seen what he's capable off, much better than Brett.
key word there... When
Eli Manning- Just a year removed from the Super Bowl, progressing every year.
yeah, having a solid group or WR's. The best Offensive line in football and the best running game sure is progressing.
Matt Cassel- This is debatable, but not really. Cassel just took over for the NFL's best QB and the Patriots still went 11-5. Much more mobile than Brett, had a far better season than Brett.
this is ridiculous, Cassell took over a team who went 18-1, was thirty seconds away from winning a SB. He played behind one of the better offensive lines in football, yet couldn't make the playoffs? Makes no sense.

Chad Pennington- Jets dumped him and paid for it. Chad when healthy is very valuable.
Wildcat...
Aaron Rodgers- Haha, Brett is upset that the Packers dumped him for a better player. Rodgers threw for 4,000 yards, 28 tds and 13ints last year.
wait, Favre practically took the same team the year before and was a game away from going to the SB, yet Rodgers took over and they missed the playoffs... rofl
Matt Schaub- Had a very good season last year, fought through injuries. Actually has a future.
yeah, losing....
Jeff Garcia- Better dinosaur than Brett. They are both old and wrinkled, but Jeff has been more consistent overall than Brett.
we'll see about that.
still here :)

Really? How about you take all three playoff games from 2008, that leaves them tied, then for the kill take the 2004 NFCCG for the win. I don't even have to look deeper.
let em produce a ring....

He had one other good playoff game, 2007 vs Seattle. 3.. 3 since 2000. Congrats Brett.
he had the stretch last year, and he didnt really play bad against the Giants. It was the same defense who beat up Brady, Romo, and practically anybody they faced that year.

around there... You can say all you want but McNabb can't win the big one

So being a choker is a good thing? You cant choke unless you're about to win. Great logic. you must really follow sports.
no, but at least Favre has won, at least he has been to two superbowls. At least he gets his team in position to win. Unlike some quarterbacks.

Never had a star WR? Javon Walker was well on his way to stardom before multiple knee injuries. He also came up with a great TE, and they drafted skill position players all around him.
was well, but never reached it.
His teammates must have also loved him laying down for sacks. Good job Brett, congrats on giving Strahan a sack. Shows you are really out there to win.
yeah, because that one bad sack :rolleyes:

What's that have to do with anything?
comparing Favre to McNabb. Favre has one more ring than McNabb.... 1-0...

Yup, I'll give Favre credit for what he did 13 years ago. Congrat-u-la-tions. What's that doing for his teammates now?
was keeping them together, like his last year in GB, when the same team one year later couldnt make the playoffs...
Until he won? Yes, Peyton was a choke.
lol, blaming his defense for being shit, having his offensive line buckle down once a year during the worst time of the year. The only reason why they were ever there was because of Peyton. He was far from a choke and he showed it on his way to the SB that year.

Great post. Take a game from 6 years ago, with nothing else around it. You do realize that the Eagles were in that game because Favre's choke job and McNabb's clutch 4th & 26 performance, right?
umm, wasnt that 10-22 game against Carolina?

wait, Favre practically took the same team the year before and was a game away from going to the SB, yet Rodgers took over and they missed the playoffs... rofl

This, this caught my eye. What an unbelievably ignorant statement, Brian. Did you completely forget about all of the injuries to Green Bay's defense and Offensive Line, which both played awful throughout the season? Or that one shot wonder Ryan Grant completely flopping thus giving Rodgers and GB no running game whatsoever? Or how about all of the close losses due to mind boggling playcalling from Mike McCarthy. GB lost 6 or so games this past year in the 4th Q, irrc.

Favre would have done no better than Rodgers last season. In fact, Rodgers had a better year despite all of those problems above. He was top 5-10 in just about every major statistical category and had one of the best QB ratings in the league.

key word there... When

yeah, having a solid group or WR's. The best Offensive line in football and the best running game sure is progressing.

this is ridiculous, Cassell took over a team who went 18-1, was thirty seconds away from winning a SB. He played behind one of the better offensive lines in football, yet couldn't make the playoffs? Makes no sense.

What are you rambling about? It's who would you rather have right now. All of those guys are better equipped RIGHT NOW to win a Super Bowl than Brett. McNabb, Brees, Palmer, Warner, and Eli > Favre.

How many freaking teams can have this "Best Oline in football" routine?

Cassel hasn't started a game since high school, is 13 years younger, and has his entire career ahead of him. He played better than Brett, head to head.

Cassel > Favre.

Wildcat...

Pennington wasn't in the wildcat formation, genius. He had a good season, without being in the wildcat.

lolzzz!11!!!!

The Packers defense went from 11th to 20th from 2007 to 2008. Rodgers outperformed Favre in every aspect of his game. His defense blew the season.

yeah, losing....

Funny, had a winning record as a starter last season, with the Texans.

we'll see about that.

Umm, already have.

still here :)

I expected you to be, you would never turn yourself in.

let em produce a ring....

He will, regardless of whether or not he does he's been better than Favre since he's been drafted. Undisputable.

he had the stretch last year, and he didnt really play bad against the Giants. It was the same defense who beat up Brady, Romo, and practically anybody they faced that year.

Then he choked it away by throwing a perfect pass to a Giant. Good job, Brett.

around there... You can say all you want but McNabb can't win the big one

He certainly CAN, it's a matter of finding the right team formula. It's not like Brett was even the best player on his team when he won his, that was in his prime.

no, but at least Favre has won, at least he has been to two superbowls. At least he gets his team in position to win. Unlike some quarterbacks.

13 years ago; 12-13 years ago; What the heck does that matter if he blows it? Drop that arguement, it's absolutely terrible; Yeah, guys like Kyle Orton and Brian Griese, nobody is talking about them.

was well, but never reached it.
Not the consistency, but the performance? Yes.

yeah, because that one bad sack :rolleyes:

Rolling your eyes? You really don't know anything about football. Laying down for sacks, very classy there Brett. Unless he was doing it to avoid getting hurt so he didn't have to go back to overdosing painkillers.

comparing Favre to McNabb. Favre has one more ring than McNabb.... 1-0...

Reading, such a lost art. For the 9th time, Favre before McNabb was pretty darn good, since McNabb has been drafted? McNabb > Favre, and it's not even close.

was keeping them together, like his last year in GB, when the same team one year later couldnt make the playoffs...

Yeah, that team that dropped 9 spots in total defense, the bottom half of the league, and allowed a TD more per game. Don't comment on that which you do not know, which I know limits you drastically.

lol, blaming his defense for being shit, having his offensive line buckle down once a year during the worst time of the year. The only reason why they were ever there was because of Peyton. He was far from a choke and he showed it on his way to the SB that year.

Yes, all that explains putting out dreadful performances.

umm, wasnt that 10-22 game against Carolina?

Yes, the previous week Favre helped the Eagles there by his dreadful choke.

No, but at least he's lead his team to a SB in the past decade unlike Favre

So did Leinart, and he still couldn't do shit

He's a 3x Pro-bowl section, 2x All-pro selection, he's younger than Favre, and hasn't thrown a league record 310 INTs

Favre never had to play for that fuckstick Jerry Jones, not to mention Romo has only played in what? two?, yeah give him time Romo will eventually win a few himself

key word there... When

Perhaps if he played on a team with a decent O-line he might stay healthy for a whole season

Eli still is the one back there making the decsions, and throw the fucking ball, at least he's smart enough not to throw to the WR that is heavily cover in OT

Guy can't do it all by himself, plus the divsion got pretty competitive, and wasn't Favre and his Jets leading that divsion before Favre did what he seems to do best and choke down the strech costing his team the divsion?, yeah thought so

Wildcat...

Wildcat that lead his team to the playoffs by winning the same division that Favre and the Jets controlled for the better part of the season

Yeah because it's becaue it's not like injuries and shit D had any part into them losing games last year:rolleyes:

yeah, losing....

Well he does play for Houston, not like he has a whole lot to work with right now

we'll see about that.

seriously are you even trying at this point?, Garcias career QB rating- 87.5, Favres- 85.4, just sayin'

No, but at least he's lead his team to a SB in the past decade unlike Favre
and lost. unlike Favre, he won his first time. And lost the other time to simply a better team.

So did Leinart, and he still couldn't do shit
but Matt sucks. and for some reason left handed quarterbacks to not really transition well to the NFL.

He's a 3x Pro-bowl section, 2x All-pro selection, he's younger than Favre, and hasn't thrown a league record 310 INTs
well obviously, you just took your argument right there. He is younger. Therefore he wouldnt have thrown that many interceptions.

Favre never had to play for that fuckstick Jerry Jones, not to mention Romo has only played in what? two?, yeah give him time Romo will eventually win a few himself
yeah, the same Jones who will cough up millions for the best players. The same JOnes who will do whatever he can to put his team in the best position to win.

Perhaps if he played on a team with a decent O-line he might stay healthy for a whole season
some were minor injuries, and the one was played off of the 05 injury. I can't say a guy i better than someone when he only plays five games.

Eli still is the one back there making the decsions, and throw the fucking ball, at least he's smart enough not to throw to the WR that is heavily cover in OT
he's just as bad as a decision maker though. He went through a 5 game stretch without making a bad decision. congrats Eli.
Guy can't do it all by himself, plus the divsion got pretty competitive, and wasn't Favre and his Jets leading that divsion before Favre did what he seems to do best and choke down the strech costing his team the divsion?, yeah thought so
yeah that injury, and it wasnt like the Pats played a tough schedule. Cassell just couldnt get the job done.

Wildcat that lead his team to the playoffs by winning the same division that Favre and the Jets controlled for the better part of the season
until Favre got injured.

Yeah because it's becaue it's not like injuries and shit D had any part into them losing games last year:rolleyes:
who was injured? Did you see all the injuries my Steelers endured this year? Who got injured, some of there secondary?

Well he does play for Houston, not like he has a whole lot to work with right now
he has Andre Johnson, and improved offensive line, and a surprisingly good Steve Slaton.

seriously are you even trying at this point?, Garcias career QB rating- 87.5, Favres- 85.4, just sayin'
on less passes and less games. Look at the touchdowns. And the accomplishments of one player.
What are you rambling about? It's who would you rather have right now. All of those guys are better equipped RIGHT NOW to win a Super Bowl than Brett. McNabb, Brees, Palmer, Warner, and Eli > Favre.
Giants would have won a SB without Eli Manning. McNabb cant win the big one. Brees cant go to the playoffs, and Warner has two perennial all stars to throw the ball too. One of them catches everything within fifteen feet.
How many freaking teams can have this "Best Oline in football" routine?
they can have tops. Like NYG, the Ravens, The Patriots, and surprisingly the Dolphins had a good one.
Cassel hasn't started a game since high school, is 13 years younger, and has his entire career ahead of him. He played better than Brett, head to head.

Cassel > Favre.
Favre took a team that won jack shit the year before and turned them into a better team. Cassell took over and the Pats organization declined. Just sayin.

Pennington wasn't in the wildcat formation, genius. He had a good season, without being in the wildcat.
his little five yard dump offs and the big choke against Baltimore.... Bad time to choke Chad, He needed to throw the ball efficiently like one time and failed.

lolzzz!11!!!!

The Packers defense went from 11th to 20th from 2007 to 2008. Rodgers outperformed Favre in every aspect of his game. His defense blew the season.
Favres leadership probably kept that defense together. Favre left, defense went bye bye.

Funny, had a winning record as a starter last season, with the Texans.
he was 6-5, and threw fifteen touchdowns. Incredible, Matt.

Umm, already have.
lulz

I expected you to be, you would never turn yourself in.
^^^^

He will, regardless of whether or not he does he's been better than Favre since he's been drafted. Undisputable.
so, your just trying to take several years and not base it off of career accomplishments?

Then he choked it away by throwing a perfect pass to a Giant. Good job, Brett.
1-0.. Score one for Brett,

He certainly CAN, it's a matter of finding the right team formula. It's not like Brett was even the best player on his team when he won his, that was in his prime.
who was he best person on his team? Without Westbrook the last several years, McNabb is mediocre...

13 years ago; 12-13 years ago; What the heck does that matter if he blows it? Drop that arguement, it's absolutely terrible; Yeah, guys like Kyle Orton and Brian Griese, nobody is talking about them.
Griese, and Orton can't really win....

Not the consistency, but the performance? Yes.
you really can't base it off of like two good years. Being a consistent ball player is awesome. Knowing you'll always be there. SOmething Walker wasnt

Rolling your eyes? You really don't know anything about football. Laying down for sacks, very classy there Brett. Unless he was doing it to avoid getting hurt so he didn't have to go back to overdosing painkillers.
yeah, cheap shots at a guy. Whoopy do, tell Donovan to go roll around and get sacked again and lose another NFC title game. rofl

Reading, such a lost art. For the 9th time, Favre before McNabb was pretty darn good, since McNabb has been drafted? McNabb > Favre, and it's not even close.
yes it is.

Yeah, that team that dropped 9 spots in total defense, the bottom half of the league, and allowed a TD more per game. Don't comment on that which you do not know, which I know limits you drastically.
the inefficient offense can make stats look a lot better than they actually are. Favre had that offense on the field a lot more. Putting less work on the defense.

Yes, all that explains putting out dreadful performances.
lack of plays from his teammates. Peyton has had two bad playoff games in his entire career.

Yes, the previous week Favre helped the Eagles there by his dreadful choke.
or do you mean the lucky heave and grab?
This, this caught my eye. What an unbelievably ignorant statement, Brian. Did you completely forget about all of the injuries to Green Bay's defense and Offensive Line, which both played awful throughout the season? Or that one shot wonder Ryan Grant completely flopping thus giving Rodgers and GB no running game whatsoever? Or how about all of the close losses due to mind boggling playcalling from Mike McCarthy. GB lost 6 or so games this past year in the 4th Q, irrc.

Favre would have done no better than Rodgers last season. In fact, Rodgers had a better year despite all of those problems above. He was top 5-10 in just about every major statistical category and had one of the best QB ratings in the league.
who was really injured though, outside of Hawk, Barnett and a little banged up injuries with some men in their secondary.

I would love to know what Giants team you were watching. The San Francisco Giants can catch better than some of our WRs. Outside of Toomer, we had Burress, who was never a sure thing. Smith is becoming a good receiver, but isn't there yet. Hixon is unproven, and Moss and Manningham have less catches than me.

You aren't even countering anymore, simply using "lulzzzz !1!!!1111!!!! urz stupid!!!" isn't an acceptable response. Everyone else is updating their posts in response, maybe you should to. If what you said was wrong the first time, why would you continue to repeat it?

and lost. unlike Favre, he won his first time. And lost the other time to simply a better team.

And the relevance to this current subject is?

but Matt sucks. and for some reason left handed quarterbacks to not really transition well to the NFL.

Which proves his point that you still have to be a good QB.

well obviously, you just took your argument right there. He is younger. Therefore he wouldnt have thrown that many interceptions.

He's also not on that same horrid pace Favre is/was.

yeah, the same Jones who will cough up millions for the best players. The same JOnes who will do whatever he can to put his team in the best position to win.

I hate Dallas and I hate Tony Romo, but to say Jerry is coughing up millions of dollars for the best players (to put around Tony) is stupid. Trading your entire draft for Roy Williams and giving him $50mil isn't doing the best job you can to win football games. Nor is trading a starting CB for Jon Kitna, who was going to be released anyways.

some were minor injuries, and the one was played off of the 05 injury. I can't say a guy i better than someone when he only plays five games.

Or you can look at him when he plays and see he's a better QB by miles.

he's just as bad as a decision maker though. He went through a 5 game stretch without making a bad decision. congrats Eli.

I hate Eli, too, but give him his credit. He showed up when he had to. Favre cant have the same said of him in the 2000s.

yeah that injury, and it wasnt like the Pats played a tough schedule. Cassell just couldnt get the job done.

For him to step in there when the team just lost the best QB in the NFL and only have a small hiccup was miraculous. The defense also was ravaged by injuries. 11-5 is obviously much better than Brett's output.

until Favre got injured.

If his arm cant last anymore from wear and tear he shouldn't play. He choked, thats the word you meant, unless that was the injury you were referring to. He was choking, his head was bobbing, not his fault he couldn't see his targets clearly.

who was injured? Did you see all the injuries my Steelers endured this year? Who got injured, some of there secondary?

Yeah, losing Charles Woodson was huge.

The Steelers are obviously a better put together team than the Packers. Maybe you should actually watch a game... once. Try it.

he has Andre Johnson, and improved offensive line, and a surprisingly good Steve Slaton.

And he did well with it. And improved Oline doesn't equal and resemblance of above average. At best they improved to the decent / average range.

on less passes and less games. Look at the touchdowns. And the accomplishments of one player.

Garcia also has been very good in the playoffs. He started late in the NFL, too. Look at Garcia when he first became starter. 34 tds, 10 ints.. pretty good, actually. Better than Favre this decade at that, and better now at managing games.

Giants would have won a SB without Eli Manning. McNabb cant win the big one. Brees cant go to the playoffs, and Warner has two perennial all stars to throw the ball too. One of them catches everything within fifteen feet.

Not with Brett Favre at QB; He CAN; horrible defense; good QBs still shine when their weapons are off. Thats why Drew Bledsoe was replaced on the Cowboys. Great when throwing to TO and Glenn, but in crunch time he couldn't cut it. I hope you actually understand that, and can apply it. WARNING: You'll have to think.

they can have tops. Like NYG, the Ravens, The Patriots, and surprisingly the Dolphins had a good one.
Favre didn't have a bad oline at all in the past decade minus 2005/06. The Jets Oline was far from poor last season.

Favre took a team that won jack shit the year before and turned them into a better team. Cassell took over and the Pats organization declined. Just sayin.
Favre took over a team that was in the playoffs the year before that and had a good nucleus in place, while Pennington was injured the following year and had to throw in Kellen Clemens.

The Patriots lost the best QB and still went 11-5.

What were you "sayin" ?

his little five yard dump offs and the big choke against Baltimore.... Bad time to choke Chad, He needed to throw the ball efficiently like one time and failed.

Why did he need to throw effeciently? Because the Ravens were raping them in every aspect. Simply a superior team.

Favres leadership probably kept that defense together. Favre left, defense went bye bye.
:lmao:

he was 6-5, and threw fifteen touchdowns. Incredible, Matt.

Brett Favre went 9-7 and threw 22 ints. Incredible, Brett.

lulz

^^^^

I'm laughing at your posting, too.

so, your just trying to take several years and not base it off of career accomplishments?

Have you read a freaking thing in this thread? Who's better right now? Is Brett's history from 1996 going to do jack for you right now? NO.

1-0.. Score one for Brett,

Umm, yeah. Like to see how you arrived at that.

who was he best person on his team? Without Westbrook the last several years, McNabb is mediocre...

You referring to the ONLY weapon McNabb has been given for over a full season?

McNabb was the best player on the team in 2004.

Griese, and Orton can't really win....

That was the point, but actually, they can win. Orton did the exact same thing Favre did last season, and looked better during the season.

you really can't base it off of like two good years. Being a consistent ball player is awesome. Knowing you'll always be there. SOmething Walker wasnt

That has no relevance to the topic. Favre has been given GOOD targets to throw to. You can stop acting like he hasnt.

yeah, cheap shots at a guy. Whoopy do, tell Donovan to go roll around and get sacked again and lose another NFC title game. rofl

What? That made no sense? Roll around?? You must be getting ready for nap time.

yes it is.

Not all all. McNabb's winning % since he took over as starter blows Favre out of the water. Favre hasn't done crap since McNabb entered the league.

the inefficient offense can make stats look a lot better than they actually are. Favre had that offense on the field a lot more. Putting less work on the defense.

Yeah, but maybe you missed this: The Packers were BETTER on offense with AARON RODGERS.

lack of plays from his teammates. Peyton has had two bad playoff games in his entire career.

When he was throwing ducks nowhere near his targets they cant really help him.

He's good now.

or do you mean the lucky heave and grab?

What?

who was really injured though, outside of Hawk, Barnett and a little banged up injuries with some men in their secondary.

Well you named their 2 best LBs and their secondary including their best defenders, Al Harris and Charles Woodson.

You're getting hammered. Give it up.

And the relevance to this current subject is?
you defending Donovan McNabb, the same person who hasn't done anything in his career. A guy who throws interception at the worst times possible. Yes, sort of like Brett Favre, but you have the nerve to defend McNabb, but insult Favre? makes no sense
Which proves his point that you still have to be a good QB.
Or just right handed.
He's also not on that same horrid pace Favre is/was.
He can throw up all the glorified stats but he hardly ever reaches the playoffs. Which is kind of the point to professional football.

I hate Dallas and I hate Tony Romo, but to say Jerry is coughing up millions of dollars for the best players (to put around Tony) is stupid. Trading your entire draft for Roy Williams and giving him $50mil isn't doing the best job you can to win football games. Nor is trading a starting CB for Jon Kitna, who was going to be released anyways.
that's ignorance. Jones does the best he can. He tries to build around his QB. Giving him the best chance to win. Which is why he brought in Williams, and kept T.O aslong as he did. T.O might be an asshole but he is a star. Williams was brought in to compliment the running game and the receivers. Apparently it didn't work out. But at least Jones does something to improve the team. They work on the defense constantly, they have one of the best front seven in all of football. They have the ability to put pressure on the QB, and they have arguably the best end/LB in football in Ware.

Or you can look at him when he plays and see he's a better QB by miles.
Palmer has grown on me, but he has never done a damn thing. One remarkable run that resulted in a loss. Yes he has shown signs of brilliancy, but he has yet to produce anything.
I hate Eli, too, but give him his credit. He showed up when he had to. Favre cant have the same said of him in the 2000s.
Favre played well that entire post season. He went up against the best defense in football at the time, and a defense that no one was moving on the last two months of the season. I'll give credit to Eli. But not now. I even supported him that whole run, but everyone knows it was the backs and the defense that carried Eli to the promise land.

For him to step in there when the team just lost the best QB in the NFL and only have a small hiccup was miraculous. The defense also was ravaged by injuries. 11-5 is obviously much better than Brett's output.
So, it's okay for him to win 11 games when they went 18-1 the year before? They declined. Face it. There offense didn't improve. Actually, they declined. Good job Matt, taking a perennial powerhouse into the dumps.

If his arm cant last anymore from wear and tear he shouldn't play. He choked, thats the word you meant, unless that was the injury you were referring to. He was choking, his head was bobbing, not his fault he couldn't see his targets clearly.
he got hit. That happens in football.

Yeah, losing Charles Woodson was huge.
meh, probably losing Barnett hurt the most.
The Steelers are obviously a better put together team than the Packers. Maybe you should actually watch a game... once. Try it.
lol, yes, the Rooneys to run the best organization in all of the land.

And he did well with it. And improved Oline doesn't equal and resemblance of above average. At best they improved to the decent / average range.
what, do you mean a team that was capable of running the ball on just about everyone? You mean the same Offensive line who powered through Tennessee only to lose the game? They are doing just about everything they can to put a good team infront of Matt, yet he only wins 6 games....

Garcia also has been very good in the playoffs. He started late in the NFL, too. Look at Garcia when he first became starter. 34 tds, 10 ints.. pretty good, actually. Better than Favre this decade at that, and better now at managing games.
The same Jeff Garcia with a 58-58 career record. I really want him anchoring my team :rolleyes:
Favre didn't have a bad oline at all in the past decade minus 2005/06. The Jets Oline was far from poor last season.
The Jets pass blocking was pretty atrocious. Allowing him to get sacked 30 times in a game.
The Patriots lost the best QB and still went 11-5.

What were you "sayin" ?
Yet, Matt took over the most prolific offense in NFL history and only won 11 games and missing the playoffs. Not that good of a season.

Why did he need to throw effeciently? Because the Ravens were raping them in every aspect. Simply a superior team.
he picked a bad time to play his worst game. A far superior team, maybe, but he still played like crap.

they looked great the year after he left didnt they?

Brett Favre went 9-7 and threw 22 ints. Incredible, Brett.
which was an upgrade from the previous year, if I can recall....

I'm laughing at your posting, too.
lol.
Have you read a freaking thing in this thread? Who's better right now? Is Brett's history from 1996 going to do jack for you right now? NO.
Well, I can throw at a nice statistic to help Brett Favres cause. I would take Brett Favre now, because the odds are stacked against an African American Quarterback in the NFL.

Umm, yeah. Like to see how you arrived at that.
Superbowls.. One for Brett. None for Cassell as a starter, zero for Palmer, and Romo and probably many more quarterbacks you stated.
McNabb was the best player on the team in 2004.
I disagree, his best year came with Owens at receiver. A healthy T.O was the best thing in Philly in 2004.

That was the point, but actually, they can win. Orton did the exact same thing Favre did last season, and looked better during the season.
umm not really. Could be close though.

That has no relevance to the topic. Favre has been given GOOD targets to throw to. You can stop acting like he hasnt.
who, all the receivers he made like Franks, Brooks, Freeman, and Walker?

Not all all. McNabb's winning % since he took over as starter blows Favre out of the water. Favre hasn't done crap since McNabb entered the league.
probably not. The only reason why McNabbs percentage is like is because of all the time he spent injured. If i remember, Favre has won 86 games since McNabb entered the league in 1999.

Yeah, but maybe you missed this: The Packers were BETTER on offense with AARON RODGERS.
how so, they were 13-3, more pass yards, same amount of touchdowns. More pass ypg with Favre at quarterback....

When he was throwing ducks nowhere near his targets they cant really help him.
yeah, because they were so good at stopping the defense and protecting the Quarterback.....

wasn't that the lucky heave and grab play brought to you inpart by Freddie Mitchell?

Well you named their 2 best LBs and their secondary including their best defenders, Al Harris and Charles Woodson.

You're getting hammered. Give it up.
not really. If they were so good, someone should have stepped up. The Packers declined when Favre left. I can't help that.

I don't know if this was brought up, but from the looks of things, Favre sent X-rays of his shoulder to the Vikings and the doctors are going to assess the damage. If Favre only needs minor surgery then he should be signing with the Vikings relatively quick, if it requires major surgery, well that throws that chance out the window because recovery would take about 6 months, so we wouldn't even have a chance to have him play until November.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back