• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brett Favre and Minnesota Vikings talking.....

you defending Donovan McNabb, the same person who hasn't done anything in his career. A guy who throws interception at the worst times possible. Yes, sort of like Brett Favre, but you have the nerve to defend McNabb, but insult Favre? makes no sense

When does McNabb throw the worst INTs possible? Name the last time? I can show you like 5 of Favre from last year.

Favre had double the INTs last year. DONT TALK ABOUT WHAT YOU DONT KNOW.

Or just right handed.

yeah, Josh McCown, awesome.

He can throw up all the glorified stats

He does, they wouldn't be wasted if they got a defense down in New Orleans.

but he hardly ever reaches the playoffs. Which is kind of the point to professional football.

Well I be darned, what the heck has McNabb been doing? :disappointed:

that's ignorance. Jones does the best he can. He tries to build around his QB. Giving him the best chance to win. Which is why he brought in Williams, and kept T.O aslong as he did. T.O might be an asshole but he is a star. Williams was brought in to compliment the running game and the receivers. Apparently it didn't work out. But at least Jones does something to improve the team. They work on the defense constantly, they have one of the best front seven in all of football. They have the ability to put pressure on the QB, and they have arguably the best end/LB in football in Ware.

He doesn't know what he's doing which means he isn't putting out the best team he could.

He's done so well they have Favre syndrome. They haven't done ANYTHING in 13 years.

Palmer has grown on me, but he has never done a damn thing. One remarkable run that resulted in a loss. Yes he has shown signs of brilliancy, but he has yet to produce anything.

Yet he is still more capable of producing a Super Bowl than Favre.

Favre played well that entire post season. He went up against the best defense in football at the time, and a defense that no one was moving on the last two months of the season. I'll give credit to Eli. But not now. I even supported him that whole run, but everyone knows it was the backs and the defense that carried Eli to the promise land.

And Favre capped it with a dreadful chokejob.

So, it's okay for him to win 11 games when they went 18-1 the year before? They declined. Face it. There offense didn't improve. Actually, they declined. Good job Matt, taking a perennial powerhouse into the dumps.

How can they improve? Rewrite the record books again? Did he have to go 18-1 to not get a failing grade? You're a trip, this bus isn't very long though..?
he got hit. That happens in football.

He wasn;t injured from a hit. His arm is shot. This happens when throwing.

meh, probably losing Barnett hurt the most.

whatever.

lol, yes, the Rooneys to run the best organization in all of the land.

They aren't the one's putting the team together. That little irish prune is busy with Obama.

what, do you mean a team that was capable of running the ball on just about everyone? You mean the same Offensive line who powered through Tennessee only to lose the game? They are doing just about everything they can to put a good team infront of Matt, yet he only wins 6 games....

Out of only 11 that he started. Nice wording though, I didn't think you were capable of phrasing a sentence that would hide that fact.

The same Jeff Garcia with a 58-58 career record. I really want him anchoring my team :rolleyes:

Including stints with Cleveland and Detroit.

The Jets pass blocking was pretty atrocious. Allowing him to get sacked 30 times in a game.

30x in one game? When was this?

I recall him getting sacked 30x, all season, less than 2 per game. So terrible.

Yet, Matt took over the most prolific offense in NFL history and only won 11 games and missing the playoffs. Not that good of a season.
Yes, because the only way he wouldn't be a downgrade is if he threw 50 tds, which is a record and has been done 1 time. He played excellent football, far better than Bretty.

he picked a bad time to play his worst game. A far superior team, maybe, but he still played like crap.

Not anything worse than Favre.

they looked great the year after he left didnt they?

Hmm, seems like we went over this a couple 8, 9 times. Seriously, can you debate? Keep in mind, debating involves reading, and countering the points the other person makes.

which was an upgrade from the previous year, if I can recall....
From a crappy backup QB replacing an injured Chad Pennington? Wow. Great upgrade.

roflozzzz

Well, I can throw at a nice statistic to help Brett Favres cause. I would take Brett Favre now, because the odds are stacked against an African American Quarterback in the NFL.

That's a statistic? Look up statistic in the dictionary, or have someone read it to you.

Superbowls.. One for Brett. None for Cassell as a starter, zero for Palmer, and Romo and probably many more quarterbacks you stated.

THAT'S IRRELEVANT. Can you understand that? What he did 13 years ago has no bearing on how succesful he is right NOW! A 2nd grade reading level would be enough to understand this.

I disagree, his best year came with Owens at receiver. A healthy T.O was the best thing in Philly in 2004.

Yeah, having a decent WR actually let McNabb show how great he is.

umm not really. Could be close though.

No. I'm right. Friggen' look it up.

who, all the receivers he made like Franks, Brooks, Freeman, and Walker?

He made a 1st round pick? Wow. Wait, 2 1st round picks? Wow.

probably not. The only reason why McNabbs percentage is like is because of all the time he spent injured. If i remember, Favre has won 86 games since McNabb entered the league in 1999.

Umm, winning % = team's record when player starts.

Welcome to football 101.

how so, they were 13-3, more pass yards, same amount of touchdowns. More pass ypg with Favre at quarterback....

Rodgers had 4 rush TDs and over 200 rush yards, with a miniscule amount of yardage difference. He also threw less picks than Favre.

yeah, because they were so good at stopping the defense and protecting the Quarterback.....

The Colts??? They have been historically great at protecting Peyton. Hahahahahha.

wasn't that the lucky heave and grab play brought to you inpart by Freddie Mitchell?

Lucky? It was a post route that McNabb threw perfectly. Lucky, lol. McNabb was money down the whole stretch of that game.

not really. If they were so good, someone should have stepped up. The Packers declined when Favre left. I can't help that.

They declined because only their best four defenders were hurt. Silly them. They would've been healthy had Brett been there still.

And yes, you are. You need to learn to read.

When does McNabb throw the worst INTs possible? Name the last time? I can show you like 5 of Favre from last year.

Favre had double the INTs last year. DONT TALK ABOUT WHAT YOU DONT KNOW.
Favre also had a shittier team.

yeah, Josh McCown, awesome.
He probably could throw to Fitz and Anquan.

He does, they wouldn't be wasted if they got a defense down in New Orleans.
or he knew how to manage and win games.

Well I be darned, what the heck has McNabb been doing? :disappointed:
win a superbowl, thats something he's never done.

He doesn't know what he's doing which means he isn't putting out the best team he could
yes he does. Explain why he has some great football players. Explain why he has loads of draft picks each year, minus the 09 draft?

He's done so well they have Favre syndrome. They haven't done ANYTHING in 13 years.
He did something in 07, and he was doing well in 08 up until the injury.

Yet he is still more capable of producing a Super Bowl than Favre.
not by playing five games a year, he isn't capable of producing a superbowl. Ben Roethlisberger is capable of producing a SB victory more so than Palmer.
And Favre capped it with a dreadful chokejob.
I guess Tom Brady is considered a choke too, because he fucked up against New York.

How can they improve? Rewrite the record books again? Did he have to go 18-1 to not get a failing grade? You're a trip, this bus isn't very long though..?
you can at least make the playoffs, something Matt failed to do. And more than likely he will continue to do so, seeing as how he is in KC.
He wasn;t injured from a hit. His arm is shot. This happens when throwing.
sure

whatever.
sure

They aren't the one's putting the team together. That little irish prune is busy with Obama.
lol, you're right, the Rooneys don't touch the football team. But they sure as hell know how to hire the right guys to do it.

Out of only 11 that he started. Nice wording though, I didn't think you were capable of phrasing a sentence that would hide that fact.
since when did 6-5 become good?

Including stints with Cleveland and Detroit.
where he went 3-7 and 1-4 :)
Yes, because the only way he wouldn't be a downgrade is if he threw 50 tds, which is a record and has been done 1 time. He played excellent football, far better than Bretty.
doesn't mean he is better. Favre could throw to Moss and Welker too.

Hmm, seems like we went over this a couple 8, 9 times. Seriously, can you debate? Keep in mind, debating involves reading, and countering the points the other person makes.
lulz, you have yet to do anything. First you admitted to Favre's injury. An injury that sure as hell wont help his cause. So, you have yet to prove anything.
From a crappy backup QB replacing an injured Chad Pennington? Wow. Great upgrade.
I don't even remember what this was about. But I believe it dealt with Favre improving the Jets.

That's a statistic? Look up statistic in the dictionary, or have someone read it to you.
nope, but this is. Only one African American QB has ever started an won a superbowl. 1/44 which is like 2%

THAT'S IRRELEVANT. Can you understand that? What he did 13 years ago has no bearing on how succesful he is right NOW! A 2nd grade reading level would be enough to understand this.
So, Favre winning more games than Donovan McNabb since 1999 holds no weight? Makes no sense.

No. I'm right. Friggen' look it up.
wasn't Orton 10-5, and Favre 9-7? I really wouldn't call that a huge upgrade, or a better season. When Orton has a better defense to work with.
Umm, winning % = team's record when player starts.
so, you're going to hold it against a QB for starting in more games?
Welcome to football 101.
and you have just been schooled.

Rodgers had 4 rush TDs and over 200 rush yards, with a miniscule amount of yardage difference. He also threw less picks than Favre.
and the team finished with a worst record. Meaning Favre had an impact on the Packers.

The Colts??? They have been historically great at protecting Peyton. Hahahahahha.
not in the playoffs. Did you see the game against the Chargers this year? The game against the Steelers in 05? Several games against the Patriots? He was under constant pressure.

Lucky? It was a post route that McNabb threw perfectly. Lucky, lol. McNabb was money down the whole stretch of that game.
lol, one lucky play in his career.

They declined because only their best four defenders were hurt. Silly them. They would've been healthy had Brett been there still.
and because they lost a leader in Bret Favre.

If you had to pick one quarterback in the prime of their career, you'd have to pick Favre over McNabb, and I am an Eagles fan. But at this stage, considering Favre pratically has to be wheeled to the field in a wheelchair, McNabb is the clear choice and he is a top 10 QB in this league. I think he is a borderling HOF QB. He has never really had weapons and the one year he did (with TO in 1004), look what he did. True, if I had a dollar for every ball he threw at the feet of the receiver i would never have to work again. And earlier in his career (say the SB against the Patriots) he does seem to choke at the end of the game. But Andy Reid is a horrible play caller. You can look at numerous games where he mismanages the clock or wants to throw the ball 82% of the time.

Favre in the 1990s was better, but since McNabb took over as full time starter in 2000 he's miles ahead of Favre and far more capable of producing a winning season for his team than Favre has been in the last 13 seasons. For the one] NFC CG Favre has appeared in this decade, McNabb has taken his team to 5. It's irrelevant if he won the Super Bowl, because that's already better than what Favre has done in the 2000s.

I'm not going through Becker's post. I don't have that much time to waste for points to completely sail over his head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back