Tastycles Newsletter

Big day for Tastycles today, got my first ever haircut in London. I went to a Caribbean barbers and they all spoke in creole, but they did a good job. Also, after two years and nine months, I finally removed my glastonbury wristband.

I need a haircut. I hate when the hair at the sides of my head begins to touch my ears. I know that doesn't make it long but it is usually my signal that I need to get it cut again.

Pros: Job interview went well. Down to last 8 applicants out of 832 for two jobs. Fulham beat Juventus 4-1 and I was there.

Cons: I have a blister the size of Switzerland on my foot. Europa League final is on the same day as my exams.

It's the size of Switzerland, but like Switzerland, it's the location that gives it it's character, right on the top of the heel, so I can't walk properly. Also like Switzerland, it's landlocked, but it has a lake Geneva sized area of pus. Indeed, the Swiss analogy was a better one than intended.

Shit!

I thought this was Thursday for some reason... I missed Hear The Year. Ah well, I'll be here next week for sure.

Spot the Tastycles

l.php

Had the Premier League matches finished 10 minutes earlier, my girlfriend would have guessed all the results correctly, and I would have killed myself for not putting money on it.

You're one of the few people I trust on here when it comes to music Tasty. Recommend me something you've been enjoying lately.

You should look out for House of Love. They're an 80s Scottish band. Somewhere in between Orange Juice and Stone Roses, but nobody's ever heard of them.

Not yet no, only one tactful response so far. I did find an infraction for somebody that had flamed me about 3 months ago, which was deleted before I had the chance to see it at the time. Said he couldn't believe I had a girlfriend or something.

You should look out for House of Love. They're an 80s Scottish band. Somewhere in between Orange Juice and Stone Roses, but nobody's ever heard of them.

I know House of Love, they're quite good. Heard them originally on one of those compilation CDs that come along with the music magazine Mojo, the issue was centered around British indie of the 80s and the C86 movement.

House of Love are quite damn good. Also remember strangely hearing one of their songs in some old skating video years ago.

Man I wish I could find that Mojo compilation CD again. It had a version of The La's "Son of a Gun" that was unlike any other version I'd ever heard and just blew my mind.

See what I mean about you having good taste in music?

Got anything else? Heh.

"If you waaaant I'll sell you a life story."

That is probably most scouse album ever, except for Space maybe. I'll see what I can dig up. I lost my music collection that took 7 years to build when my laptop fucked up in summer 2008, so I've forgotten a lot of the bands. Until I get it all back, you'll have to make do with scraps I'm afraid. Here's my suggestions for acts beginning with "A" and "B".

The Auteurs aren't bad britpop:

Billy Bragg is a bit lower sixth, but still has some classic lines "where they offer you a feature on stockings and suspenders/next to calls for stiffer penalties for sex offendeeeeeeeers":

For something a bit more modern go with British Sea Power

For what pop punk should sound like, there's Buzzcocks

Does your Virgin TV package let you get all the on demand stuff? That's the best thing about it, I miss it a bit. I don't miss the worst customer service in the world.

Just found a good source for the essay I'm writing. It's by Father Hardon, which is probably the best name for a Catholic priest in history. Or worst if you're a young Irish boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back