• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Werdum LD - Frauds, Frauds, All of Them!

Do Fabricio Werdum and Jan Finney Have a Chance in Hell?

• Yes

• No

• Just Werdum

• Just Finney

Results are only viewable after voting.
Shields>Mayhem. Haven't you seen the fight?

Perfect for picks so far. Missed the round on the first fight though.

Nope have Fedor winning in the first. Just because I want him to lose doesn't mean i'm stupid enough to vote against him.

Yeah, and Shields just wanted to butt fuck Mayhem. That wasn't an MMA match, it was a lay and pray. He didn't try to ground and pound, didn't try and finish, and the only time on the feat Mayhem was killing him.

I can enjoy a ground game as long as there's some attempts to finish it. GSP's the only person I can watch actually lay and pray because THATS pure domination.

Still if you can't get a dominate wrestler off of you then you don't deserve the win. If someone like Shields can hold you down and ride you to a decision then looks like you have to go back and work some things harder.

No, I could go into the UFC or Strikeforce and lay and pray and probably pull a few wins. Its not winning, you're just not losing. I guess that matters but you didn't beat the other guy which IS the point of a fight.

I don't know man. AA was still a hot commodity when he fought Fedor and he got spanked.

True, but AA has a absolutely terrible chin, and he was actually winning the standup until he threw the stupidest knee in MMA history.

No, I could go into the UFC or Strikeforce and lay and pray and probably pull a few wins. Its not winning, you're just not losing. I guess that matters but you didn't beat the other guy which IS the point of a fight.

Doubtful because while it may not look like it, it actually takes skill to hold down fighters at the top level for 3-5 full rounds. It takes a lot of skill as a matter a fact. You have to continually watch for sweeps, and sub attempts while still holding them down. If a guys takedown defense is bad, and is terrible off his back then why not go straight for it. You look for your opponents weakest spot and capitalize on it. You'd be stupid not to.

Just edited my post to respond to what you just said. Play your advantages or lose. It's as simple as that.

Doesn't matter. Shields didn't beat Maynem, he just didn't lose the fight. He literally had his shoulder into his chest and laid on him. He NEEDS to try and finish fights if he wants to last in the UFC.

Anyway, is this the Co-Main Event? Cause its not bad, but I still think it looks amateurish.

Don't like him either. At least GSP works, besides him the rest of the champions can finish fights. Shogun, BJ, and sometimes Silva will finish it. Brock at least GNP's when he's against someone. GSP attempts subs and GNP.

Don't like him either. At least GSP works, besides him the rest of the champions can finish fights. Shogun, BJ, and sometimes Silva will finish it. Brock at least GNP's when he's against someone. GSP attempts subs and GNP.

You said he needs to try to finish fights to make it in the UFC. Fitch is considered the #2 WW in the world, and hes a mirror image of Shields.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back