• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sting Perhaps Not Headed to WWE; Back to TNA?

Any article that I read stating that he isn't signed is just to cover it up or maybe he isn't technically signed, but he'll sign like a few days before Feb 21.

WWE wouldn't be that stupid, especially after seeing what happened when TNA planned a program for two wrestlers who weren't yet signed (Nash, Booker).

If the subject of the 2-21-11 ads is Sting, he's already signed.

Sting would tarnish his legacy if he were to go to WWE. Just like Goldberg and DDP did, also include the dreaded NWO 2002.

Thats why Sting is unique, he hasnt wrestled for WWE. He should keep it that way.

So because a man he's never had the desire to work for, in fact a man he's personally gone on record as saying he never wanted to work for because of how he saw that man treat some of his best friends in the business, all of whom he'd build WCW up from the ground with, suddenly owes it to himself and Vince (my god, I almost had a heart attack there) to "come full circle" because Vince happened to buy the WCW library?

What a load of shit.

There's something extremely admirable about a man holding true to his convictions over the direction a company he owes nothing to might take his character were he to in fact work for them, and there's something even more admirable about the idea of retiring having never stepped foot in their squared circle, regardless of the legalities behind his legacy.

And please, his legacy? His legacy was forged in WCW and in TNA, not WWE. WWE may have bought the WCW library, but that doesn't give them the right to lay claim to anything regarding what Sting accomplished — only the right to display it, legally speaking.

In fact, I can prove to you just how little Vince cares about Sting's legacy: If he truly cared about his legacy, and Sting re-signed with TNA, he'd give TNA the rights to use Sting's WCW footage in any retirement segment they worked with him, including a farewell tribute were he in fact to retire there. You think Vince would do that? Yeah, I didn't think so. VKM wants money, just like he always wants money. He doesn't give a flying fuck about Steve Borden, and Steve Borden shouldn't give a flying fuck about Vince, either. The fact his legacy was bought by a company he never worked for is tragic, but by no means is it a reason to give up on over a decade's worth of conviction simply to appease a few fans in a WrestleMania match he'd undoubtedly lose in anyway (were he to face the Undertaker). It's the very thing he feared in joining since day one — his own burial because he's not a WWE guy.

Frankly, if Borden signs, I can't hold it against him, but if he doesn't, it'll only strengthen my adoration for him for staying true to the strongest conviction anyone could have in this business — a refusal to work for Vince, at all cost.

First he said that 10 years ago, a lot of things can happen in 10 years. And the fact that many of his friends decided to rejoin the WWE (Nash, Booker and even Bret came back whether he is Sting friend or not) could also change a lot of things.

If he has creative control too to make sure his character is not wasted or demolished. Plus WWE is desesperate at the moment.

As much as I like TNA the guy was pretty right we all want Sting for at least just one big dream match for the WWE. Sure he doesn't NEED it, but it would be cool to see the man in front of a real crowd one last time.

I don't think he has sign for TNA because to be honest their show is taped anyway so it's not like he will make a surprise return at a show and if I was TNA and I had Sting signed I would scream it everywhere just to put pressure on Vince.

Well thinking about it maybe I would stay silent and wait for people to be upset when Sting doesn't show on the date people are expecting him.

I hope he goes in WWE, but we really don't know at the moment.

I hope he doesn't go to WWE.. just to leave WWE fans disappointed and for WWE to fail.

WWE needs Sting more than Sting needs WWE. his legacy wont change if he does or does not go to WWE. he will always be remembered for being in WCW.

I'm sure if Sting did go to WWE and wrestle Undertake at Wrestlemania it would have a very loud crowd, much like when Hogan went back and wrestled the Rock.. but Sting doesn't NEED that.

I, personally, would LOVE to see Sting in WWE, but I don't think it will ever happen. The only way I see happening, though, is if Sting signs a one-year deal and works that full schedule that WWE would want him to work. We could then see Sting/Undertaker at Mania but then what happens to Wade Barrett? Will it be revealed that Sting was actually part of the "bigger picture" that Barrett kept talking about while he was the Nexus leader? So if it's not Sting on the 2/21/11 promo, then who is it? I think it's too early for Taker to return from his injury except in spot duty and it's been said that HHH is in no hurry to return especially since he got his new executive role with the company recently. It's not Awesome Kong. There's no way they would promote a diva (or whatever she is) to this magnitude. I will be tuned in on 2/21/11, that's for sure.

Since no one knows if Sting has actually signed with the WWE we are unfortunately going to have to wait and see,

But if Sting has re-signed with TNA, then he is the biggest hypocrite in wrestling, seeing as for years he said he would not go to the WWE because of his Christian Morals. And at that time he was correct. But now if he actually chooses TNA, which is much more raunchier and is trying to redo the Attititude era itself over the PG WWE he will be proven a hypocrit

Yeah but if it aint sting is every ones thought for thinking so lol . And even if he is resigned with TNA . WWE are going to get great rating just incase it is . But if he goes back to TNA no one will care and TNA ratings will stay the same lol

I like Sting, and I like pro wrestling...way too much of my time is spent watching it, be it WWE, TNA, ROH or whatever. I don't buy into the theory that WWE needs Sting for WM, though. They are doing fine...they will produce a big show (no pun intended) with or without him.

I think it would be a big IWC buzz if Sting were to face Taker at WM, but the casual fan is likely to be pretty unimpressed. I'd be interested to see Sting in WWE if it happened, and there are certainly many things he could do...many matchups we've never seen, team-ups...and he could certainly make more money there, including DVDs and the like. But at this point, I would think Sting is pretty set, and doesn't really need to make a ton of money, so he's going to go wherever he wants to go. He's been the one guy WWE has never been able to snag...and just like I think it would be cool to see Taker retired with his WM streak intact, I think it would be cool to see Sting's non-WWE streak intact. Honestly, going to WWE did nothing for Goldberg, or for the nWo for that matter, just like going to WCW did nothing for the Ultimate Warrior (well, nothing positive, anyway). So who's to say Sting going to WWE at this point will be memorable? I don't know if he can do anything memorable in TNA either at this point. But I think the spot WWE did was a stroke of genius, to have all this talk stirred up...people will be watching on 2/21/11, no matter what.

Sting is already signed with WWE trust me. Soruces are just saying he has had no contact with WWE because they are not allowed to leak it to the internet or else Vince will fire them on the spot. I'm sure Vince is watching all of his employees like a hawk from now until Feb 21st to make sure Sting's debut does not get leaked to the internet.

Sting has been my favorite wrestler since the early 90s and I prefer watching TNA over WWE usually. Now with that said, I want to see Sting in the WWE. He deserves a huge send off, something TNA can't provide. Sting is a wrestling legend and deserves the type of send-off Flair and HBK got from the WWE.

I know it would be a big blow to TNA if Sting signs with WWE instead of them. TNA needs Sting much much more than Sting needs TNA.

With that said, I hope Sting hasn't signed with TNA, and I do hope he has signed with WWE and it ends up being him on 2/21/11.

Fuck WWE. Anyway, I am somewhat torn. I consider Sting-Taker to be one of two possible dream matches left in wrestling and the other is quite unlikely. While it deserves the stage of wrestlemania, I just can't figure out how you book it. Sting should be the obvious face in the feud and if he goes to WWE just to job to Taker at wrestlemania that would simply suck. I just have a hard time seeing Vince ok Sting going over under the circumstances though. So I would like to see it but I think it will only lead to bad things. I definitely do not want to see sting in WWE on a regular basis.

Instead I would much prefer for Sting to keep his legend alive. Come back to TNA and work a program with Jeff Hardy trying to bring him back from the dark side of life. Maybe Hogan gets hit with a bat at some point.

Fuck WWE. Anyway, I am somewhat torn. I consider Sting-Taker to be one of two possible dream matches left in wrestling and the other is quite unlikely. While it deserves the stage of wrestlemania, I just can't figure out how you book it. Sting should be the obvious face in the feud and if he goes to WWE just to job to Taker at wrestlemania that would simply suck. I just have a hard time seeing Vince ok Sting going over under the circumstances though. So I would like to see it but I think it will only lead to bad things. I definitely do not want to see sting in WWE on a regular basis.

Instead I would much prefer for Sting to keep his legend alive. Come back to TNA and work a program with Jeff Hardy trying to bring him back from the dark side of life. Maybe Hogan gets hit with a bat at some point.

Just out of curiosity, what is the other dream match to which you refer?

The problem with the dream match between Sting and the Undertaker, as you correctly stated, is the logistics of how you make it happen. Do you bring Sting into the big leagues after two decades of refusing to do so, just to have him lose? Or do you bring in a vocal critic of Vince McMahon and WWE, in the twilight of his career, to end what is arguably the most significant and treasured undefeated streak in professional wrestling?

Forget Sting in the WWE on a regular basis. Whether he goes to WWE, or returns to TNA, I figure the end is near. His age, his health, and possibly his desire, would suggest one final run of a year or two, and that's likely it. He could come to WWE and do an intense busy hectic year, if in fact is is only one year. But let's face it, he isn't coming to WWE for an extended run, no more than he is returning to Orlando to do so.

First of all, why would Sting tarnish his legacy by going to WWE? Yes, I said "tarnish". Don't get me wrong, WWE is the place a big star wants to be, but Sting is perhaps the only big star of WCW that never, ever stepped foot in a WWE ring and sold his soul to Vince McMahon. Sting kept his pride, he kept his legacy, he kept his image and went on to help out a young company like TNA. 90% of WWE's audience wouldn't know who the fuck he is anyway. WWE never mentioned him, they never featured him in a video. AT BEST they'll know him as "the dude in TNA that paints his face".

Why would Sting face The Undertaker of all people? Personally, EVEN IF Sting went to WWE, which he won't, I wouldn't want to see 'Taker vs Sting. What is this bullshit I hear about Sting versus Taker being a "dream match"? Why exactly is it a dream match? Undertaker and Sting have absolutely NOTHING in common aside from their love for black trenchcoats. Undertaker has mystical powers, he's undead and rarely speaks. Sting is a charismatic guy with great mic skills who paints his face and carries a bat left and right. They have no history, they have nothing in common, and the match that they'll have would be complete and utter shit no matter how hard they try because they're both fucked up.

I highly doubt that WWE creative would be able to pull off a coherent, emotional and logical feud between the two in two months. We're talking about the same people who let a midget take out a quarter of World Wrestling Entertainment's roster (yes, including the young guys. Youth movement over the top rope and to the floor), it's the same management that made Bryan Danielson dance, the same management that made us endure CM Punk whipping grown men with some sex toy reject on live television. WWE can't do anything right, storyline wise, and that's why Sting shouldn't go to WWE, they'll shit all over him.

This whole rumor about Sting going to WWE is yet another offspring of the interwebs. If Nash and Booker had not jumped to WWE from TNA, nobody and I mean NOBODY would even consider the notion that the hype promo with the creepy guy is actually for Sting. It's a promo for The Undertaker, that's it. Of course, there's always the possibility of me being wrong, but I'll be REALLY surprised if it's actually Sting.

As far as dream matches go, I have none for Stinger in WWE. WWE won't respect what he's done, they'll milk him, throw him to The Undertaker and that'll be it. I pray to God Sting doesn't go to WWE, he has one match left and he should have it this year at Bound For Glory, and call it a day.

The other dream match I refer to is Austin-Hogan. The only reason it is still a possibility is because what happens in the ring is truly irrelevant. It would instantly be the hottest crowd in years.

If Vince brought Sting in and did the right thing then I would have no complaints. It certainly could be awesome if done right. I do not consider that very likely though. I also think beyond the more obvious issues that only having a month to build it might not be the right way to go about it. That has inconclusive finish written all over it just to save the streak which is one of the worst possible outcomes IMO.

Update to OP:

F4WOnline.com is reporting that TNA are "very close" to signing Sting to a new deal, despite the fact his profile was removed from the TNA website.

They also note:

At last word, Sting had NOT been contacted by WWE officials and there has apparently been no discussion between both sides concerning an appearance by Sting at WrestleMania.

--

Come home, Sting! Come back to TNA!

Awesome. I just really want to Sting back in wrestling period whether that be in WWE or TNA. I'm a HUGE Sting fan and I just want to see him back on my TV. If he is indeed close to resigning with TNA like this reports states then I can't wait to see him back.

I'm happy to hear this. There is so much Sting has not accomplished in the "New" TNA. I still think a main event against Jeff Hardy is something that will be amazing. It would no doubt be a huge sell if they promote it heavily.

Undertaker is pretty much a dead character (no pun intended). There is alot of momentum that TNA can use to push Sting more than they ever have.

While it would've been kind of cool to see Sting in WWE, one of the things that makes me like Sting so much is he is one big star who has NEVER worked for WWE. I can't think of many people who can say that. I just think that is very cool.

I do hope that Sting returns to TNA. I think he, like Kurt Angle, still has alot of value. I want to see Sting headline a PPV against Mr. Anderson and Jeff Hardy.

If he does return, I want to see a revitalized healthy Sting. I think his last run with company(March 2010-October 2010) wasn't everything it could've been because of his injury.

I wouldnt be surprised if WWE did contact Sting and Sting flat out rejected them but the dirtsheets dont like making WWE look bad. Oh no... your not gonna see any posts about how TNA ruined any WWE plans. Its impossible.

Dammit! So no Sting 2-21-11......oh well Sting can still help out alot of young guys in TNA. Him joining Fortune be a great addition. Plus its cool that somebody can stick with their guns all these years even when a company keeps contacting them and even offer more money too.

Even though there are "reports" of him possibly going back to TNA, in my honest opinion, that would be a mistake. Why? Because he has nothing to bring to TNA. He'll be lost in the shuffle of Fortune vs. Immortal, Angle-Jarret, Joe-Pope, it'll be a waste. Sure, it's a lighter schedule, but going to WWE would do wonders for Steve Borden.

He can be inducted into the Hall of Fame, and be known as one of the biggest star's to ever never wrestle for Vince McMahon.

He may also have his retirement match at WrestleMania, in the hometown of WCW, Atlanta Georgia. Many fans will order the PPV because of the nogastical feel and Sting will finish his career in front of 50,000 people and not 1000 people. He also could have one of the most epic storyline's with an "internet hoped," WrestleMania opponent, The Undertaker.

Plus, WWE is now PG (he didn’t want to sign before because it's was to edgy and raunchy and Sting's a born again Christian) and two of his friend's, Booker T and Kevin Nash, are back with the company, maybe he'll realized how warm they were both welcomed back and the crowd reactions were and the overall WCW feel early this year, maybe he'll want to have a match at WrestleMania to cap off his career.

Or he goes back to TNA for a year, gets lost in the Immortal-Fortune storyline, gets in a feud with however they put him with, and he retires next year in front of 1000 cast-members and 1 million viewers.

Anyway, if I was Sting, I would think twice before resigning with TNA. He's 52 year's old and is a legend in this business. Going to WWE this year or 2/21/11, or next year would be a great way to end his career. He can just sign a legend's contract, much like Bret Hart's contract, wrestle maybe, one match in a WWE ring, and be have his likeness and merchandise be used by WWE. Imagine, Sting on Smackdown vs. RAW 2012. Hell, atleast be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

He'd be no more "lost" in TNA than he would in WWE; in fact, he'd be even more lost in WWE, because the very reason he never went to that shitty company in the first place was because of how fearful he was of what they'd do to his character. He watched WWE assassinate the characters of nearly every WCW star at the time in the "Invasion" angle, and never wanted his own to go through the same.

Character assassination is a very powerful thing, and regardless of whether he would be accompanied by a [useless] HOF induction to a Hall he has no place being in (seeing as he's not a WWE superstar, nor was he ever — WWE just so happened to buy the "rights" to the company he built), signing on to compete in the main event at WrestleMania against the Undertaker in a match that Vince would undoubtedly have him lose (to continue the trend of having WWE Superstars beat WCW "nobodies", essentially), would be pointless for his career.

Congratulations Sting — take a bow before all these tens of thousands of fans, many of whom barely know who you are because they didn't watch the company you worked for and likely don't really care about your induction as much as they care that you "stiffed" TNA for one last shot on your way out by not signing with them and signing with us instead. Hope you enjoyed losing to our guy, who is obviously superior to you. Enjoy retirement! :rolleyes:

He'd be no more "lost" in TNA than he would in WWE; in fact, he'd be even more lost in WWE, because the very reason he never went to that shitty company in the first place was because of how fearful he was of what they'd do to his character. He watched WWE assassinate the characters of nearly every WCW star at the time in the "Invasion" angle, and never wanted his own to go through the same.

Character assassination is a very powerful thing, and regardless of whether he would be accompanied by a [useless] HOF induction to a Hall he has no place being in (seeing as he's not a WWE superstar, nor was he ever — WWE just so happened to buy the "rights" to the company he built), signing on to compete in the main event at WrestleMania against the Undertaker in a match that Vince would undoubtedly have him lose (to continue the trend of having WWE Superstars beat WCW "nobodies", essentially), would be pointless for his career.

Congratulations Sting — take a bow before all these tens of thousands of fans, many of whom barely know who you are because they didn't watch the company you worked for and likely don't really care about your induction as much as they care that you "stiffed" TNA for one last shot on your way out by not signing with them and signing with us instead. Hope you enjoyed losing to our guy, who is obviously superior to you. Enjoy retirement! :rolleyes:

You realize Sting said those thing's a decade ago, right. He would'nt be lost in WWE, infact, I think he'll do good in WWE, considering his contract and if he can still wrestle up to par. He could sign a Bret Hart like contract, have a few matches, and retire at Wrestlmania or Summerslam or something.

Time changes, people change. Do you think I expected to see Kevin Nash in WWE after all the trashing of the youth movement and current WWE superstars, hell no! Hell, even Vince McMahon gave his rival Eric Bischoff a contract, signed Ball Mahoney, and even bought back ECW. People change, He even resigned Hulk Hogan even though Hogan testified against him in the Steriods trial.

Sting could be thinking about his career and his age. He's a 52 year old man and might wanna try WWE for once. Going to WWE would'nt tarnish his legacy, in fact, it would add to it. Retiring in front of 50,000 people and millions of people around the world, plus being inducted into the Hall of Fame would be great.

It doesn't matter if you never wen't to WWE or not, was Verne Gagne in WWE, no. Was he inducted, yes. I'm pretty sure Ric Flair would be inducted even if he never went to WWE for 7 years, but wen't to TNA/NWA instead.

Sting is a legend in this business, and WWE have every right to induct him if he wanted to be inducted.

You mention the ''internet hoped," Undertaker/Sting match and how stupid it would be for him to just return and lose. Do you understand how awesoME a storyline and match it would be between those two. Even seeing Sting in a WWE ring would be great. Sting losing at WWE's Super Bowl would'nt be a hard thing to swallow, considering it is obvious that Undertaker has a undefeated streak at the PPV. And could be Sting's retirement match.

And also, Sting, if he returned to TNA, would be by all means, a hypocrite. Why? Because he said WWE was to raunchy and edgy for his Christian values, but TNA now have people being killed (RVD, Abyss). WWE is the better product right now for Sting, because of the PG rating. It's now a more empahsis on wrestling and storylines and not crude humor, "you took my wife, I want my wife back," rednecky stuff, and certainly not murder's.

In my honest opinion, Sting has every right to want to go to the biggest wrestling show in the world for one match and a Hall of Fame induction.

Going back to TNA would be a mistake, IMO.

If I'am Sting I would stay in TNA too...Vince McMahon has a history of being a snake and an asshole. Besides IDR does have a point, alot of wCw and ECW guys were treated like shit, despite a few, when they were working for WWE. Sting proably would of became a midcarder at best putting over WWE talent and stay in the midcarder spot. Bascially he proably be treated like how Kane has been treated since 2002 despite his WHC reign few months ago. And TNA pays Sting good money and he only does a few shows and ppvs so it does not take a toll on his body.

Point 1:
We now know that the 2-21-11 thing is Undertaker, since the most recent promo showed him, and in my opinion, was kinda dumb, since it ruined the mystery. So many people still look for things to critique the promo and still try and say that its not just Taker, that it was a promo for BOTH Sting/Taker. Which I personally want to believe....but I don't.

Point 2:
If they were going to have Sting in Wwe, for the first time ever, I assume, and I say again, ASSUME, That they would have been hyping this a long time ago, not just a month and some change prior to his ''debut''

Point 3:
I dont get Steve/Sting sometimes. He speaks on his morals, which I do not mock, as I am in the faith as well, but he states that he won't represent Wwe for what they have done on their programming (Mind you he said this years ago, but I assume its still true) Yet TNA has a KNOWN drug abuser as the head of their company? AJ said this as well, and I state the same point.

All in all, we all want Sting to be in the Wwe. Bringing up that he hasnt worked there once is NOT a valid point, as Antonio Inoki hadnt either, and he's in the hall. I would have like him and Taker in their prime, but fate didnt allow it, so if it happens Im happy, and I highly doubt that it will, but we can still hope

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back