Spinner Belt

Spinner Belt. Good or Bad

• Good

• Bad

Results are only viewable after voting.
The spinner belt was created for marketing towards Cena's fans. Now his fans are all 6 year olds and girls, thus making the wwe title look like a cheap toy. And for those saying the title looks expensive, you better be kidding. It is obviously fake diamonds and at most, gold plated

The spinner belt was created for marketing towards Cena's fans. Now his fans are all 6 year olds and girls, thus making the wwe title look like a cheap toy. And for those saying the title looks expensive, you better be kidding. It is obviously fake diamonds and at most, gold plated

Yeah, that "expensive Spinner belt" crap isn't bought by those of us who do our research. If Cena ever decided to put real diamonds in that belt, like I stated before...it would then become worth more than his life, and he'd probably be killed while wearing it. We should find out the price of 3000 24 kt diamonds and 10lbs of gold, haha. Like Vince would blow that much money on a title...get real.

I would hope WWE would do the sensible thing and go back to the previous title when Orton gets it. I also wouldn't mind them designing an entirely new belt, but only if it were to stick around for a reasonable amount time, and also if we never saw the spinner again.

FTR, Cena's US belt was cool.

i really think they should change back to the eagle belt that shawn had cause it looks way better even if cena wins cause the eagle rersents america and with the marine gimmick i think it will fly better.

Yeah, that "expensive Spinner belt" crap isn't bought by those of us who do our research. If Cena ever decided to put real diamonds in that belt, like I stated before...it would then become worth more than his life, and he'd probably be killed while wearing it. We should find out the price of 3000 24 kt diamonds and 10lbs of gold, haha. Like Vince would blow that much money on a title...get real.
Again, you miss the point. Pay attention, really close.

People were complaining that the new title looks cheap. It does not look cheap. what looks cheap is the Attitude era belt everyone seems so in love with. The current WWE title looks a whole hell of a lot more expensive than the Attitude era belt.

Seriously, I don't know how to make it any clearer than that.

IMO, I would like to see the spinner belt gone. Make it a John Cena belt, kinda like the Smoking Skull belt. when Orton wins the belt, have him do somthing on RAW the next night to bring in a different belt. I'd like to see the most recent belt held by Lesner, Guerrero, JBL, etc...

However, thats only what I WANT. What will happen is they will kjeep the spinner belt. Why? Because Cena is still going to be right there chasing either Orton or HHH for the belt, and it won't be long before he has it back. so like someone else already said, Why get rid of one of the WWEs biggset drawing things?

People were complaining that the new title looks cheap. It does not look cheap. what looks cheap is the Attitude era belt everyone seems so in love with. The current WWE title looks a whole hell of a lot more expensive than the Attitude era belt.

Just though I'd let you know, as much as I dislike the Spinner belt, and hate how THATS whats being called the high point of the WWE, I agree with you that it does look expencive, although I also agree with others that it's probably only expencive "looking", and that it's fake diamonds and gold plated.

I agree that it is probably not real diamonds. The point I was trying to make all along, which you agree with, is that it doesn't LOOK cheap, at least not compared to belts used in the past.

Although, to be fair, the Million Dollar Belt cost the WWE several thousand dollars...so, it's possible they'd spring for that much money on a belt. And, I mean...what is $10,000 to Vince McMahon?

I think it goes away if Orton wins. His character is that of a serious wrestler, and he doesn't need the gimmick. But, however, if they do a quick title change back to Cena, then i think it stays. I hope Orton is able to have a decent title run, and Triple H can come in and feud for the title. It will defiantely be gone when Triple H gets the belt.

actually just for the fact that it has diamonds in it, it makes the belt look like the most toy belt WWE has ever had, i mean come on.. like they would actually put diamonds on a belt, that just makes WWE look even more fake

all the previous belts, cool or not, didnt look like a toy, but this one with the spinning thing and fake diamonds just proves it was a tactic for the belt to fly off the shelves from 10 years olds going crazy over it... and like i said b4 a desperate act of the wwe to look ''hip'' with the bling and the spinners lol

The belt is clearly designed for commercial purposes. What kid wouldn't want one that spins? I do think that it certainly could use a face lift, but as long as Cena is champion, it should probably stay. The calibre of the belt is the same, and whether or not it has a spinner or not is irrelevant to me.

In saying that, I was under the impression that Cena did the same thing to the US title belt when he still had his rapper gimmick. This thing does look sort of 'blingish', so if Cena's a Marine, it makes it a bit pointless to still have that belt as a trademark sign for Cena.

I think that we might be stuck with the Spinner belt for a while longer. When Edge won the title (for a brief period of time) the spinner remained. Which again, leads to the assumption that it is there purely for merchandise sales. I think another thing as well, is that it separates the World Heavyweight Title from the WWE Title. The original WWE title was also a little bland. I have no problem with them doing this to the belt (it's only history is within the WWE, so it's not like they are 'desecrating' something that originated from another company, like ECW or WCW.) I think the belt is getting old though, and while I wouldn't mind if they kept it this way, I hope that if Orton wins, they modify it a bit, and get rid of the spinner and find something else to make it appealing. The fact that we have seen the spinner belt on the title for 2 and a half years or so, really won't please the Cena haters. That to me says that Cena has held the title for such long periods of time, that he has orchestrated a seemingly permanent change to the belt, to fit his 'style' (even though since he's a Marine now, it shouldn't be happening.)

Just so Slyfox knows..there are 2 definitions of cheap, one that means inexpensive which you have taken it to mean. But when I think of the word cheap, I usually take it to mean a rip off, so by my definition this belt is a ripoff. I mean seriously $275 dollars for that disgrace to the sport of professional wrestling is absoutely ridiculous and a cheap way for the WWE to suck in profits from young naive kids!

Just so Slyfox knows..there are 2 definitions of cheap, one that means inexpensive which you have taken it to mean. But when I think of the word cheap, I usually take it to mean a rip off, so by my definition this belt is a ripoff. I mean seriously $275 dollars for that disgrace to the sport of professional wrestling is absoutely ridiculous and a cheap way for the WWE to suck in profits from young naive kids!

Just so you know, cheap doesn't mean rip off. And, how is it a disgrace? I don't get it. What is so damn awful about a belt that looks like it is made with gold and studded diamonds. How is that cheap or make the WWE title look less prestigious?

HA! And I missed the point? Pay attention! REAL CLOSE. TO ME NOW, OH SLY ONE.

I don't care if it LOOKS expensive to you, it LOOKS cheap to me, because I, as well as other people I'm sure, know what fake shit looks like, sorry you don't. I already voiced my opinion about the Attitude Era belt, so I'm past that, you're the one who's trying to find something to put the spinner belt over. Sorry that your homeboy Cena introduced it, and for you to say that they're "probably not real" diamonds shows your fanboy-ism for the belt. You know how much that belt swings back and forth, knocks around and shit. If any of those "probably not real" diamonds pop out, they gotta put em back. Over 3,000 of those shits on the belt to boot...probably turns into "is not real" real quick. Of course a belt with fake ass diamonds is gonna look more expensive than a belt with 4 diamonds in it, but who'd know that? Definitely not someone who's head over heels with anything that Cena had to do with.

Don't sit here and try to spoon-feed me shit like the WWE does Cena just because I'm not buying it, regardless of how "clear" you try to make shit for me, I see shit my way. You voiced your opinion clearly, but trying to put the Spinner belt over the belt they introduced almost 10 years ago means nothing to me but an attempt to make the Spinner belt look better than something. You haven't said anything about the WWE Undisputed belt. Or the Winged Eagle, both of which are better suited as a top championship belt than that fake ass abomination. Matter of fact, care to do a bit of math for me? 3000 (amount of CZs in spinner belt) x 500 (average diamond price of that size). Now, if you'd think Vince would spend that much on a belt, why don't you try doubling that number, and that how much that spinner belt would actually cost you if those diamonds were real since they're so much larger than average diamonds. You're fighting an uphill battle against an educated Wrestling fan trying to defend this Spinner belt, so you better come harder if you want me to actually respect any point you try to make, cause for now all it sounds like is "slurp slurp, oh Cena, everything you do is t3h awesome, slurp" in every sense.

Don't just knock the Attitude Era title, find another reason that the Spinner belt needs to stay. As far as I'm concerned, it's another personalized belt, just like Austin's and Edge's, and no one in the business deserves to have their own customized belt. I hated the belt they had myself back then, I remember seeing the belt after WrestleMania 14 and I was pissed because the Winged Eagle was a sweet-looking belt, but it just sounds like you're reaching out to find something worse than that spinner belt. In short, sounds like you're getting desperate to defend that thing...desperation only gets you so far, and the bus stops here, your intelligence is gonna have to take over.

I don't care if it LOOKS expensive to you, it LOOKS cheap to me, because I, as well as other people I'm sure, know what fake shit looks like, sorry you don't.
The whole point of the discussion was that someone said it looked like a cheap fake plastic toy. And, I responded that it looked more real than the other belts they used. It isn't hard to understand.

Sorry that your homeboy Cena introduced it, and for you to say that they're "probably not real" diamonds shows your fanboy-ism for the belt.
What does John Cena have to do with this conversation and why I like the belt? And, what the hell is "fanboy-ism"? That's not even a word.

I have already gone on record in this thread to say that I liked the belt despite not liking Cena when he first debuted the belt. People bitched about the belt then, and I defended it way back when. I didn't like Cena then, and I still defended the belt. So, not only are you making up words, you are also wrong.

You know how much that belt swings back and forth, knocks around and shit. If any of those "probably not real" diamonds pop out, they gotta put em back. Over 3,000 of those shits on the belt to boot...probably turns into "is not real" real quick. Of course a belt with fake ass diamonds is gonna look more expensive than a belt with 4 diamonds in it, but who'd know that? Definitely not someone who's head over heels with anything that Cena had to do with.
If I had the first clue as to what you are rambling about here, I would respond. Unfortunately, you are all over the place with no real purpose here, so there is not much to say.

Don't sit here and try to spoon-feed me shit like the WWE does Cena just because I'm not buying it, regardless of how "clear" you try to make shit for me, I see shit my way. You voiced your opinion clearly, but trying to put the Spinner belt over the belt they introduced almost 10 years ago means nothing to me but an attempt to make the Spinner belt look better than something.
Umm..of course? People were begging for the Attitude era belt back, and I said that this belt looks a lot better. People said it doesn't look better because it looks like a fake plastic belt, and I said it looks a lot nicer than the Attitude belt. That's been the whole point of the discussion all along.

You haven't said anything about the WWE Undisputed belt. Or the Winged Eagle, both of which are better suited as a top championship belt than that fake ass abomination.
I haven't?

Me...on the very first page of the thread said:
The original WWE belt was ugly. I don't understand why people like it so much.

This belt is where it's at:

wwf-h3b.jpg

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showpost.php?p=210203&postcount=6

This is why I get so pissed off with people who don't bother to read the thread.

Matter of fact, care to do a bit of math for me? 3000 (amount of CZs in spinner belt) x 500 (average diamond price of that size). Now, if you'd think Vince would spend that much on a belt, why don't you try doubling that number, and that how much that spinner belt would actually cost you if those diamonds were real since they're so much larger than average diamonds.
Who said that the diamonds were real? Is reading comprehension this difficult?

Me...a few posts earlier on this page which you've already referenced to said:
I agree that it is probably not real diamonds. The point I was trying to make all along, which you agree with, is that it doesn't LOOK cheap, at least not compared to belts used in the past.
http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showpost.php?p=211808&postcount=83

You're fighting an uphill battle against an educated Wrestling fan trying to defend this Spinner belt,
If you are the educated wrestling fan you are referring to, I am quickly losing hope for wrestling.

so you better come harder if you want me to actually respect any point you try to make, cause for now all it sounds like is "slurp slurp, oh Cena, everything you do is t3h awesome, slurp" in every sense.
The words from a self-proclaimed educated wrestling fan.

Don't just knock the Attitude Era title, find another reason that the Spinner belt needs to stay.
It's not my job to find a reason the Spinner belt needs to stay. It's YOUR job to find a reason that it needs to go, and it has to be for an actual reason and not because kids buy it, and, as everyone knows, the IWC hates children and women. So, give me a REAL reason why it should go, keeping in mind that saying "it sucks" and "its a disgrace" and "it looks crappy" are completely opinionated responses and are, in no way, credible.

In short, sounds like you're getting desperate to defend that thing...desperation only gets you so far, and the bus stops here, your intelligence is gonna have to take over.
Intelligence tells me that the WWE makes a hell of a lot of money off the belt, that a belt is nothing more than a prop to the show, and that the spinner belt looks like it would be expensive.

On a side note, does anyone else find it ironic that people are complaining about fake diamonds on a "fake belt" in a show that is completely fake? Or, am I the only one?

My only problem with the spinner belt is the fact that it spins. I like how it looks, but remove the spinning aspect of the belt and just keep the logo there, and I think then it'd be fine. But IMO the undisputed title was the best world championship title.

Looks like a sad attempt at diving over the points I made. No worries, I expected as much from you.
What points did you make that you wanted me to address, but didn't? I thought I answered them all. Additionally, your constant flame-baiting is beginning to get pretty annoying.

I don't have a problem with the belt whatsoever. I don't really see the point of getting bent out of shape over the simple matter of something that's pretty irrelevant in the big picture.

RatedR_HBK11, you need to make your points clearer. A lot of the time it seems as if you're just aimlessly rambling. I don't know if you're even saying the belt looks cheap or expensive any more. "Looks like a sad attempt..." just looks like a sad attempt to try and not concede your argument.

EDIT: Oh, never mind, he was banned anyway. Fantastic!

Wow....I've decided to make my first post on the basis of setting something straight with with Slyfox.... The WWE Title looks cheap, ugly, childish, embarrassing to wear.. anything BUT worthy of being the main championship belt on Raw.

Wow....I've decided to make my first post on the basis of setting something straight with with Slyfox.... The WWE Title looks cheap, ugly, childish, embarrassing to wear.. anything BUT worthy of being the main championship belt on Raw.
I have a feeling this isn't your true first post. But, anyways, explain to me how the title looks "cheap, ugly, childish, embarrassing to wear". And, try to use objective criteria, not random subjective criteria that is a matter of complete opinion which can be countered with a simple "it does too!".

Slyfox, tell me how you think the title actually looks good or prestigious or expensive or anything. Because to me it just looks like a toy and should NOT be the top belt in the company. Explain to me why it looks better than any of the other belts.

Objective criteria is difficult to use Sly, particularly when the question is "do you like this?" A question that is asking your opinion. I just don't happen to have an opinion on the spinner belt. I used to think it was cool but now I just think it doesn't really matter. It just does what it's meant to do, sell merchandise. That's objective, right?

Slyfox, tell me how you think the title actually looks good or prestigious or expensive or anything. Because to me it just looks like a toy and should NOT be the top belt in the company. Explain to me why it looks better than any of the other belts.
I already have. Read the thread.

I think I should just put that in my sig. "Actually read a thread before you respond to me". I've been repeating myself constantly.

Objective criteria is difficult to use Sly, particularly when the question is "do you like this?" A question that is asking your opinion. I just don't happen to have an opinion on the spinner belt. I used to think it was cool but now I just think it doesn't really matter. It just does what it's meant to do, sell merchandise. That's objective, right?
I agree that it's hard to use objective criteria to use why something is acceptable. BUT, the title is currently in use, and I have given a few objective facts to support my statement, such as the one to do with selling as merchandise. Since the title is in use, it's not really my job to provide reasons for why it should stay, but for others to provide reasons it should go.

Personally, I understand that a belt is a prop in form of entertainment, and really means very little. But, if we are going to put meaning behind it, I don't understand how people can say it looks cheap with solid gold and studded diamonds.

Again, I could be wrong, but I have this sneaking suspicion if Chris Jericho was the one to have debuted the title, then it wouldn't have near this kind of backlash.

Additionally, as of right now, we have no idea if this title is a personalized title. John Cena just may have been the convenient excuse to upgrade the WWE title. So, the idea that personalized titles suck cannot be used as a reason to get rid of the spinner, because, as of now, it has not been a personalized title.

On a side note: Thank you for actually reading through the thread before you respond. I do appreciate it. Makes for a much better and much more enjoyable debate.

i really dont think it would have made a difference if it was chris jericho's title o_O.... i dont know why u keep saying that, cuz like i said b4, i hated the title b4 i had anything against cena... i saw it and didnt like it (for the reasons i gave b4 also)

but ok, one reason why i really think the belt should go and isnt a personal opinion on it, no1 knows if the belt was a gimmick belt for cena or if they just thought it would have fit cena well and were already planning the belt, but wasnt the US title a gimmick belt for cena?? (i dont remember) if so then i think is pretty clear that the WWE title was also a gimmick belt for cena

and if thats correct, then thats a major reason why the belt should go, gimmick belts arent good because they dont fit other wrestlers gimmicks, i didnt think the belt fit edge and RVD at all, it doesnt even fit cena anymore.. i see him with the belt and it just looks wierd him carrying that bling bling rapper crap since hes not a rapper anymore, i cant see HHH using a belt like that, well i can but it also wouldnt fit his gimmick at all, or imagine if a monster heel got that belt, lol snitsky with a spinner??? or if taker decided to jump to raw, imagine taker with a spinner hahahaha, get my point?

i never liked any gimmick belts, i hated austins gimmick belt, and even if this belt ISNT a gimmick belt, it seems like 1, and its a belt that doesnt fit many other gimmicks, a belt is suppose to fit any gimmick, not just certain ones, and this belt doesnt do that job, it limits the gimmicks that can use it and not seem completley out of context...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back