• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So, are you all going to quit watching WWE?

d_henderson1810

Mid-Card Championship Winner
All I have heard is people whine and complain about WWE's use of Daniel Bryan. But it is just another whinge by the IWC, who always seem critical of anything WWE does.

I have thought this about Mark Madden and many wrestling critics for years, who complain on-stop about every aspect of the business. If you don't like how WWE do things- STOP WATCHING!

Will all you people disappointed about the WWE's use of Bryan, pushing of John Cena down your throats, how the PG era is not as the Attitude Era etc, actually make your voice be heard by not purchasing the WWE Network, not watching Raw and Smackdown, not buying tickets, and not purchasing PPVs?

Or will many do here what they have always done, complain and carry on, yet still consume the WWE product.

Why should WWE listen to its fans? It's fans keep coming back, no matter what. When people are prepared to accept less, the WWE will give less.

You are part of the problem. You continue to spend money on WWE, and then complain how you got ripped off. It is like a Nigerian Scammer who you keep sending money to. If WWE keeps disappointing you, why keep watching it?

It seems like an addiction to many of you. You're like drug addicts. Maybe you want to quit, and struggle with the withdrawal symptoms.

Or is that many of you just like complaining? You actually don't want the WWE to get it totally right, or you will have nothing to complain about?

I have heard people swear never to buy another PPV, yet comment the next month how the next PPV was bad (but how would they have seen it, if they weren't going to watch another one). Most of you are full of BS, and it is stupid to keep doing the same thing, and expecting a different result.

If you think WWE are burying Bryan, aren't listening to what you want etc, don't go to shows and boo, just don't buy a ticket at all. The empty arenas WWE will get will speak volumes. But that won't happen, because you are hooked.

Most people are creatures of habit. None of you will actually stop watching. You will continue to moan, complain and cry about the direction WWE is going, but you will just keep coming back. That is why Vince McMahon doesn't change things, because he knows whatever he does, you are hooked.

Maybe, going forward, people here should drop the "I'm never watching wrestling again" BS unless they are serious. I will monitor anyone who says that, and hold them to their word. I bet no-one will make it stick.

They won't stop watching.. I've been telling people that for months, they always complain but still continue to watch. They've been telling people to boycott the show, boycott the WWE Network. It's not going to happen, especially around WrestleMania season. People will continue to watch even if they fired Daniel Bryan tomorrow.

Hahaha, these nerds who make up a large proportion of the IWC have nothing else in their life apart from Wrestling. Without it they simply exist.

They wont quit watching, they wont boycott the network, they wont do anything apart from moan, whinge, cry on internet message boards and social media platforms.

10 years ago there was uproar Triple H was hogging the limelight.
The last 10 years there is uproar John Cena is shoved down their throats.
Now there is uproar Daniel Bryan is being held back.

There is always something but they are still here and I bet 90% have moaned about these three things constantly.

I have stopped in anyway that gives WWE money till they stop their BS. I watch it on a stream after its up or download it. I wont watch on TV to give them ad money and i wont buy their network or PPVs. I am tired of their BS booking atm but yeah i will watch but they dont get the benefits of me watching.

When people are satisfied with the product they see, they show it. Heading into Summerslam and following Summerslam, most people on here where happy because they collectively got what they wanted. Anyways, you guys moaning about this are just as bad. You say that the fans who don't like what they see should stop watching, well you guys should stop responding to the comments on here etc. You guys are just as bad as the people who dislike watching WWE every week. WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG :banghead:

OMG I'M SO MAD ABOUT TEH ROYAL RUMBLE FIRST OF ALL
BRYAN SHOULD HAVE BEATEN BRAY WYATT CLEAN
SECOND AFTER THAT GRUELLING MATCH BRYAN SHOULD HAVE BEATEN LESNAR CLEAN
THEN IN A TRIPLE THREAT ELIMINATION MATCH HE SHOULD HAVE BEATEN BOTH CENA AND ORTON CLEAN TO WIN THE TITLE.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST HE PUNK AND ZIGGLER SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONLY ENTRANTS IN THE RUMBLE MATCH ITSELF WITH BRYAN BEING ALLOWED TO ENTER 28 TIMES SO HE COULD WIN AND THEN FACE HIMSELF AT WRESTLEMANIA.

It always seems to me everyone doesn't like to watch when their favourite isn't the champion or the people who are so sensitive and whinge about how edgy the attitude era was and then cry when Heyman and Punk make fun off Lawlers heart attack or Punk rubs the ashes from Takers urn on himself.

d_henderson1810 said:
If you think WWE are burying Bryan, aren't listening to what you want etc, don't go to shows and boo, just don't buy a ticket at all. The empty arenas WWE will get will speak volumes. But that won't happen, because you are hooked.

Ah my friend but which volume is louder the one that is silent or the one that is loud?

Hahaha, these nerds who make up a large proportion of the IWC have nothing else in their life apart from Wrestling. Without it they simply exist.

15,000 nerds sure can make a statement though and they did at the Rumble.

I think the crowd reaction from the Rumble was boiling up since Summer Slam. I think most people probably were still giving the WWE a chance that there's a payoff to this specifically the Royal Rumble and the point #30 happened people just gave up and booed the rest of the match.

People here a right that that most WWE fans would still watch the product. I think the WWE should be lucky that their fans are still loyal no matter how disappointed they are. It's like a husband that mistreats his wife but the wife loves her husband so much she stick by with him through the best and worst of time.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if there are WWE fans just abandon the product after this. I think most angry WWE fans will probably wait on it a bit longer, Royal Rumble is not the point of no return but it's getting close.

Anybody who watches wrestling for one guy and will stop watching when their favorite is not getting pushed was not a real wrestling fan in the first place.

Also, No, they won't stop watching.They will whine and complain and keep watching. Thats what the internet wrestling community does.

Anybody who watches wrestling for one guy and will stop watching when their favorite is not getting pushed was not a real wrestling fan in the first place.

Also, No, they won't stop watching.They will whine and complain and keep watching. Thats what the internet wrestling community does.

Wrestling is an addiction for most because they love it. You talk like it's a bad thing that they keep tuning in and hoping for the best. It's not an IWC, it's a consumer thing STOP trying to pretend the IWC is a freak of nature of a ceastpool of whiners.

Most fans can't live w/o wrestling and, as I mentioned, WWE should be grateful for a) they are the only big promotion in the US and b) that they have such loyal fans.

Most Canadian Hockey fans can't live w/o hockey and they love the sport. But the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, and Edmonton Oilers are playing like cr@p right now. Fans voice out their opinions heck Toronto Maple Leaf fans were changing "let's go Blue Jays" because how pissed they were at how the season turned out.

As for me I need the internet to get by. I hate my internet provider but since that company is the best provider in my country despite having a crappy service and unreliable I have no choice but to have that plan. Likewise I also have the right to complain about the product as well.

Point is passionate fans will always stick with the product, and they may not, but for those that do they have every right to complain if they are not happy with the product.

Just because something happened that some people don't like doesn't mean we're going to stop watching the show. Nothing is perfect. Every show has bad episodes or seasons, and everybody is entitled to be critical of shows they love. If you're getting this upset because someone has a different opinion, then you really shouldn't be involved in an online community of fans.

I think this is the stupidest thread in a while.

Of course, I'm not going to stop consuming wrestling. But guess what? I hardly consume it at all. Before last night, the last 3 hour Raw I had watched was the Slammys. For everything else I'm just catching clips on YT and Hulu whenever something seems interesting. Mostly though, I'm just catching up with results and columns on wrestling blogs.

I did watch both TLC and RR, I'll give you that, but before? Hell, I hadn't seen a PPV live in years. And neither TLC nor RR made me want to watch any other.

I'm GLADLY going to be watching Game of Thrones while other people watch a 5-hour Mania. And I'll gladly watch it the next morning and fast-forward through all the nonsense.

But am I going to "stop consuming wrestling"? Of course not. That's a stupid thing to insinuate. You're in a wrestling forum speaking to wrestling fans. It's safe to say people like fucking wrestling.

no i am not going to stop watching wwe. Wrestling is not about Daniel Bryan or any single person.

Wwe is not a short term company. They run it as long as longer. Each and every week they air raw and smackdown. So they have long story. They wont end the story very quickly when it is red hot. They making a superstar in process so they need your anger. When your angry is at top they do what you want.

Actually its all started on summerslam where john cena pick daniel bryan instead they have cm punk then the whole story change no one is care about daniel bryan. Wwe made a huge mistake on that.i am not against DB.

I have thought this about Mark Madden and many wrestling critics for years, who complain on-stop about every aspect of the business. If you don't like how WWE do things- STOP WATCHING!

A lot of people have, since the Attitude Era. For me, it was HHH 2002-05 cutting the legs off of challenger after challenger--RVD, Booker T, Kane, even Bubba Ray Dudley, who was popular coming off his Dudley Boys run doing the same character. Not just going over, but doing it in a way that damaged them as main eventers. Nobody but Shawn Michaels could touch him, no matter what the fans wanted. And all that HHH heel heat was finally used to build up his buddies--they tried with ORton and failed, tried with Batista and succeeded.

That made Raw less fun, knowing that the heel was never going to "get theirs", that the face was never going to get revenge.

Or will many do here what they have always done, complain and carry on, yet still consume the WWE product.

Or read the results every few weeks, tune in a few times a year, sigh and say "same old shit" and hit "Delete from DVR".

Why should WWE listen to its fans? It's fans keep coming back, no matter what. When people are prepared to accept less, the WWE will give less.

A lot of wrestling fans will watch no matter what. But like any show, when fans hit a point where they think there's never going to be a payoff, or the payoff is going to suck, the audience drifts away.

For the generation that started watching in the last ten years, they've never really had that bitter taste. Cena is their guy, and Cena always comes through more or less.

Chanting YES! is fun. If WWE is determined that Bryan never get that big moment, that Bryan takes a back seat to guys like Batista, then watching wrestling isn't as much fun. If it's not fun, they stop watching.

It seems like an addiction to many of you. You're like drug addicts. Maybe you want to quit, and struggle with the withdrawal symptoms.

True. What cures most college students of binge drinking? The hangovers when you have to go to work.

Maybe, going forward, people here should drop the "I'm never watching wrestling again" BS unless they are serious. I will monitor anyone who says that, and hold them to their word. I bet no-one will make it stick.

Never is a long time. Nostalgia is a powerful thing, and as long as WWE is around, they have a chance to get some Attitude Era fans back. But only if it's fun again. Chanting YES! is fun. Seeing the a short guy with a lumberjack beard take on personality-free roid-monsters like Batista is fun. But always seeing that guy lose the big one is boring.

The only way that the WWE would ever change what they are doing is if you hurt their bottom line. Period. Stop watching RAW/SMACKDOWN, stop buying merch, stop going to see live events/house shows etc. No matter how much complaining there is, people still watch. What happened at RR on Sunday was still a crowd reaction and got people taking about WWE. That's "good for business".

There is a lot to complain about with the current WWE product:

DB payoff taking too long (if it happens at all)
Terrible women's division
Inconsistant booking
Worthless mid card titles (when's the last time the US title was defended)
Repetitive feuds
Predictable PPVs etc. (I haven't bought a PPV in over a decade and I can't remember the last time that I was surprised by one)
the workhorses of the WWE being overshadowed by the part timers in the bigger PPVs
etc.

BUT, even with the above, I still enjoy watching the guys that go out there and bust their ass ever week to entertain us. I still like seeing good matches and 2013 into 2014 so far has had a lot of good matches. CM Punk, DB, the shield, Cody and Goldust etc have all been great. I can't remember a shield 6-man that wasn't A+. That's why I keep watching.

So people can complain all they want and react how they want at live events, but if you hate everything so much, stop threatening that you'll stop watching and just do it.

OFC they won't stop watching. They need something to bitch about. Either it's daniels posistion, tna, batistas comeback.

They always gonna bitch and then do nothing about it

This thread isn't quite that dumb, but it's sentiment is - basically bashing people and dismissing the disquiet to a few people on forums.

In recent months the WWE has had MAJOR signs that it's general fanbase and even some within the circle are not happy, not just the IWC. For example the backlash that led to them offering refunds to people unhappy over PPV endings, the negative reaction to the recent UK tour and outwardly at least, their own staff/talent breaking ranks and actually voicing their frustrations - something hitherto untold of.

The issue they are facing is that it is no longer right to just say Bryan is an IWC darling. The recent pops, chants while he was on that cage and boos for Batista were not ALL IWC nerds... they were the paying customers who bought a ticket and merch that night...who may have bought a Bryan shirt in anticipation. They felt cheated just as the UK fans in Birmingham felt cheated that half the "A" players were shifted to Germany at the last minute.

The IWC are to an extent a redundant force in that they likey stream the shows, are not attending them regularly and other than the odd piece of merch are not financially contributing. It's fine to an extent for WWE to ignore these people although these will likely form the core of their network subscribers. These are the fans of the Attitude Era, who will ditch the current product in favour of rewatching the enitre back catalouge on demand instead or evenutally going back and watching the history of wrestling from WWWF onwards... they've tuned out of the modern product to the point where all they can do is moan now.

It is NOT ok and very risky for WWE to continue to piss off the live crowds in the way they have been doing for the last 6-8 months, non-finishes, not delivering/disappointing on the talent appearing/not appearing at shows and general disrespect of PAYING customers is not a great idea, most may let you get away with it once... twice, nah you spend your money elsewhere.

I can see what they are worried about... the kids who were into Cena and the cornerstone are quickly switching allegiance to Bryan, who they cannot market in the same way in terms of merch then their bottom line is threatened. You can't have the various colours of shirts, hats, armbands, the endless toys and other junk that they can with Cena... Bryan is a guy with a beard in trunks...he has Yes/No and that's enough for him... Cena has Hustle, Loyalty etc, U Can't See Me, even his retro "Thuganomics" stuff...

In terms of talent, that so many are taking to Twitter etc could be part of a move towards reality/social media or it could be that even the talent aren't that worried anymore... that not being part of the WWE isn't as scary a prospect as it once was because the groundswell of fans in general is away from what WWE are doing rather than towards it... Someone like Punk CAN walk away in 6 months time and take the money he has made and buy into a ROH or TNA and reshape things how they think it'll be done... people like Ziggler would walk to work with them... again WWE is playing a risky game by going exclusively for its homogonised one size fits all training/performance centre and not poaching the odd TNA star to freshen things up.

Am I going to quit watching? no, but I'm not going to pay them... especially as the network is not going to break here till "later" than the US... I'll stream it cos I refuse to subsidse their US launch by paying Sky prices for the shows. Will I go to the next tour? No... I'll go to JR's show or Cornette's instead cos I know I'll be entertained and see who I want to see not a B-list card so they can run a bigger show elsewhere. Problem is you may well find more casual fans burned by their last experience also doing that... after all, families who got burned by the kids upset they didn't see Punk or Bryan this time out aren't gonna try again at £50 a ticket minimum, those kids may find a new thing to be into...

I love the iwc members who think they're above the iwc but like they claim "we only whine and complain" they only whine and complain about us "whining and complaining". Greetings pot this is kettle.

I have learned after 9 years of watching that the more you complain about the product, the more annoyed you will become with it. If you keep complaining then every time you turn on RAW, SD!, or any PPV then you will be instantly critical of it because you expect something to go wrong. Even though things haven't been amazing in the WWE lately there is still always that positive view of whats going on that might help you enjoy it still. After all it is entertainment.

I love the iwc members who think they're above the iwc but like they claim "we only whine and complain" they only whine and complain about us "whining and complaining". Greetings pot this is kettle.

You're right on the money, it really is ridiculous. They act like they are "outsiders" chiming in on us "nerds" who watch wrestling.

Umm, you are posting on a wrestling message board. The real "outsiders" don't consider YOU any less of a nerd then anyone else on here just because you weren't worked up over the fact that Daniel Bryan wasn't in the Rumble. They consider you a nerd for liking wrestling, period. Deal with it.

It's not really a question of stopping for me, but more like not starting again. I was a hardcore fan up until about 2004 and then kinda drifted off of watching it but still paid attention online, for whatever reason, probably force of habit. I would read all the recaps and nothing ever seemed worth me tuning back in. The Royal Rumble was the first PPV I have watched in a decade. I gotta say I was starting to get excited with all the buzz about some of my childhood favorites being surprise entrants and all the Daniel Bryan focus. I started thinking that maybe the product was heading in to the peak stage of the peaks and valleys that it often goes through. I had even made up my mind to order the network and rewatch old stuff that I loved and probably catch the PPV's going forward.

But the rumble made me realize that I am still not ready to recommit as a fan yet. When you sit out for ten years and you tune back in to see the same people in similar spots than that is pretty much the definition of stale, and I am not really interested in watching. I don't know that Daniel Bryan is the end all be all of wrestling at the moment, but I like that option better than Cena, Batista and Orton AGAIN. My road to wrestlemania came to a screeching halt. The only thing I care about in the near future of WWE is listening to Jake Roberts and Warrior induction speaches and nothing else.

WWE had a chance to bring me back in, but they blew it, not that they would care much, I am clearly not the target audience... but really who is? Who are they catering to? Is there literally anyone in the world who would happily spend there money on the people who have been in the spotlight this long. Randy Orton and John Cena for the 2,000,000th time is not intriguing to me and it never will be, and I think that by the time they finally figure it out with Bryan he won't be either.

WWE needs to take a good hard look at the social climate.... They have always seemed to be decades behind what is acceptable in pop culture, what with the long hair and the fanny packs and all the other stupid bullshit, so I doubt that they will realize anytime soon that muscle head juice freaks are no longer cool and nobody cares but for a company with so much forward thinking they still remain stuck in the past and it is unfortunate.

IM DONE!!!!! After the Chamber PPV, I'm not ordering anymore PPVs. :lmao:

See what I did there. I'm a Detroit Lions fan, they have won 1 playoff game since 1957. But every Sunday 60,000+ show up to the Silverdome and now Ford Field. When you're a fan, a real fan, you watch. Am I happy with the current direction? No, but I don't like every story arc on Law and Order either.

You're right on the money, it really is ridiculous. They act like they are "outsiders" chiming in on us "nerds" who watch wrestling.

No, most of us are healthy adults. You guys are the only nerds who act like your life can't continue without DB getting his title. We just like watching the best possible product, and DB being the champ is NOT the best possible product. However, him fighting the WWE machine IS the best possible product.

It's more logical to assume that Bryan is just going to win at the Elimination Chamber PPV and go on to headline at Wrestlemania for the WWEWH championship. The only problem is that we may have to sit through another ridiculously interrupted match between Orton versus whomever at the next PPV. But the logic in all of this is that if they get people to see that Bryan is going to headline Wrestlemania right before the release of WWE Network, more people are likely to subscribe.

No, most of us are healthy adults. You guys are the only nerds who act like your life can't continue without DB getting his title. We just like watching the best possible product, and DB being the champ is NOT the best possible product. However, him fighting the WWE machine IS the best possible product.

In your opinion. That's what it all boils down to is we are all passionate enough about a product to have an opinion on it. There's no need for disrespect to others based on those opinions like calling them "nerds" but debating them is fine. I'm assuming by him "fighting the machine" you mean keeping his underdog status because you think he'll lose him momentum once he actually gets there and I have to disagree based on fan reaction, people want Bryan as champion, and it's the only logical step left if you want Bryan to stay white hot, which he is.

I think most fans thought/held a sliver of hope that the rumble was going to be the WWE's finest "I got you" moment. Even when all signs pointed to batista, Bryan was going to come in at #30 and win it all, i.e. Lesnar was gonna screw batista and Bryan was gonna last eliminate Roman Reigns after a strong showing by both. Hell I'm sure some people were hoping Bryan was wearing Mysterio's mask. When none of that happned 5 months of frustration boiled over and people online(Foley's rant had 16,000 retweets) and those live 15,000 booed batista. Many of the WWE universe wants Bryan to headline WM XXX. You may not and that's fine but many do.

As far as those saying we should just turn it off, that's not fair to say. We are fans same as you. If you truely don't have a bias in favor of a current star to me that means you liked a certain star so much growing up, like austin, rock, savage, jericho, that no one today lives up so you just enjoy the product, and that's fine, in fact I'm happy for you, but after having to deal with the undertaker's part time status I've moved on to join Bryan's team and I'm very disappointed that he's not being booked in the way he deserves and what i consider his spot going to a guy who's been gone 4 years.

It's no different than sports, tv, movies, theater, music, etc. you hear about someone getting cast for a part (Affleck as batman for example) and think he's going to ruin all the work Nolan and Bale did and voice that opinion, I personally may not agree but a lot of people do and that's their right. Someone might have a more unpopular opinion (Jesse Pinkman should have died in season 1 as originally planned) I completely disagree but would never insult the guy about it. For me it's like the last season of dexter i.e. they took something great and ruined it. They had the perfect opportunity to make greatness and didn't follow through. Am I gonna turn it off no I'll see it through to the finish but I don't have to like it and if I don't I'm gonna say something about it.

I actually went a few years. Would watch the best of the year dvds they do to see if it had changed. But I am actually intrigued by this current product, though mainly NXT. But my main thing is when did this site become a mass troll fest? I used to read these forums a few years ago and only a few douches would service but now every thread... Have fun or stop posting. Take some meds and relax.

And I mainly agree with Tv...the taz fan :)
Jets fan...Nuff said. I just don't have a lot of time and prefer pureso

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back